• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Fingers and toes and eyes crossed for Rare Replay announced this Direct
I can see that as quite likely, if nothing else just the 2 banjo games from the Xbox Live store even could work. Would rather take the rare replay though... and have them add in the DKC games and Diddy Kong Racing to it.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Funny, Black 2 and White 2 are my favorite Pokémon games...
Same here.
I've never played anniversary collection, so I'm not sure about that one.
It's basically Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2, but instead of 9 and 10 you get The Power Battles and The Power Fighters. I liked it but I think there was an issue with the latency or something. I never noticed but I was 10 when I last played it. (I no longer have access to it due to unfortunate circumstances.)

So I was thinking of something. If DLC #5 is Namco... we wont be getting any fighting game characters from them. People didn't expect SNK and I think that it is very possible we get KOS-MOS IF DLC#5 is Namco. My reasoning is that SNK covers fighting games already and with that we would have Ryu and a SNK icon in the game which would effectively eliminate Heihachi or any tekken character in the pass. There's Lloyd to battle it out with KOS-MOS but I feel that is long gone since Lloyd is a sword fighter. We have so far Joker as a dagger unique user, Hero as sword mage, Banjo as a two in one character, ??? (Mai or Nakoruru) as the possible reps wont use swords... that leaves only one space left if Namco gets it and KOS-MOS would be the perfect all around fighter and given that fighter #5 is the last one maybe it will promote some future Nintendo game (Xenosaga HD? Xenoblade 3?)

I am only observing so please dont take anything I say as 100% factual truth.
Sooooo you don't think we'll get two fighting game characters but three RPG characters are perfectly fine?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Sabi's being confusing as ****. Most likely intentionally. IMO, the logic points to Kyo. But both Sabi and her "spokesperson" on GFAQs seem to be implying it's a character that's already in a Crossover and that new picture can point it to being female. Now I just want this to end. It's just getting too confusing.

D

Deleted member

Just saying everyone but banjo is promoting a game. its a trend so far. I just want confirmation that they weren't confused or anything. Because just saying yes and then silent isn't helping it.
It’s not really a trend if the 3rd one in line breaks it. Plus, once again, KoF15 has already been announced and will probably come to Switch. After all it’s not like the Fighter’s Pass directly acts as a promotion for those games as they’re not really tying then in with any bonuses of any sort. It’s more coincidental really.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Sabi's being confusing as ****. Most likely intentionally. IMO, the logic points to Kyo. But both Sabi and her "spokesperson" on GFAQs seem to be implying it's a character that's already in a Crossover and that new picture can point it to being female. Now I just want this to end. It's just getting too confusing.
That points to Mai, and if thats true man Nintendo is letting her in surprises me.

Really I have no idea how much to trust Sabi or how much they actually know... I just hope this direct is sooner rather then later to answer this...

It’s not really a trend if the 3rd one in line breaks it. Plus, once again, KoF15 has already been announced and will probably come to Switch. After all it’s not like the Fighter’s Pass directly acts as a promotion for those games as they’re not really tying then in with any bonuses of any sort. It’s more coincidental really.
We actually don't know if Banjo isn't promoting a game yet. For all we know rare replay of the 2 banjo games are coming to switch

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Same here.

It's basically Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2, but instead of 9 and 10 you get The Power Battles and The Power Fighters. I liked it but I think there was an issue with the latency or something. I never noticed but I was 10 when I last played it. (I no longer have access to it due to unfortunate circumstances.)

Sooooo you don't think we'll get two fighting game characters but three RPG characters are perfectly fine?
Sakurai loves JRPGS so I almost expect it at this point with his praise for persona 5 and Xenoblade 2 specifically.

D

Deleted member

I hope the SNK rep is Mai. We could definitely use a waifu in the Fighter Pass.
I think it’ll be either Mai, Terry, or Nako, with Nako being the least likely of the three, but the most interesting moveset wise, Terry the one I feel is most likely to happen despite being the most boring, and Mai falling somewhere in the middle, but being the most iconic and deserving of the spot due to her cultural impact.

Whoever gets in though, you can be guaranteed the others will be Mii costumes.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
That points to Mai, and if thats true man Nintendo is letting her in surprises me.

Really I have no idea how much to trust Sabi or how much they actually know... I just hope this direct is sooner rather then later to answer this...
Mai being in and her being faithful to her design doesn't seem likely for the ratings boards in Japan or Australia. This really is weird.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Nakoruru uses a sword.

KoF wasn't mentioned in the picture you posted.
No I meant the pictures posted first on the Geno Board were litterally DM's with Sabi saying yes to KoF, and the timestamps show the picture I posted came after those DM's. I'll edit in the picture

D

Deleted member

Mai being in and her being faithful to her design doesn't seem likely for the ratings boards in Japan or Australia. This really is weird.
Depends. KoF is CERO B in Japan, and Mai is very lewd there, shaking her ass in her Ultimate, and with gratuitous boob jiggle. Not entirely sure how CERO rates DLC, but with ESRB it’s rated separately from the base game. Also, idk the CERO ratings for Brawl and Melee in Japan, but those two were T for Teen in the west, which is the equivalent to CERO B though.

I agree the pause camera is Mai’s biggest obstacle for her getting into Smash, and why my gut is saying it’s Terry.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Here is the picture of the DM of Sabi saying yes to KoF. Time stamps show the don't beleive fake DM's came after this one.

D

Deleted member

Here is the picture of the DM of Sabi saying yes to KoF. Time stamps show the don't beleive fake DM's came after this one.

KoF + Female fighter + in crossovers means it’s guaranteed Mai. And it aligns perfectly with the Milk Bosatsu leak.

If it winds up being Mai, I can say I called it 2 months ago when the thread dogpiled me for bringing her up. Literally nobody was talking about her, and I insisted she flew under people’s radars.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Depends. KoF is CERO B in Japan, and Mai is very lewd there, shaking her *** in her Ultimate, and with gratuitous boob jiggle. Not entirely sure how CERO rates DLC, but with ESRB it’s rated separately from the base game. Also, idk the CERO ratings for Brawl and Melee in Japan, but those two were T for Teen in the west, which is the equivalent to CERO B though.

I agree the pause camera is Mai’s biggest obstacle for her getting into Smash, and why my gut is saying it’s Terry.
Every Smash game in Japan has been CERO A, which I believe is Sakurai's Goal. Overseas goals are likely a bit more lenient, likely aiming for the 10 year old equivalences. (E10+, PEGI 12 or Australia's PG)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I feel like she’s just covering her tracks.

ForsakenM seems like a trustworthy guy, I’m pretty sure this isn’t fake. Sabi has been confusing throughout this whole thing with people trying to figure out what she’s said and of course the thing with Vergeben earlier today.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
KoF + Female fighter + in crossovers means it’s guaranteed Mai. And it aligns perfectly with the Milk Bosatsu leak.

If it winds up being Mai, I can say I called it 2 months ago when the thread dogpiled me for bringing her up. Literally nobody was talking about her, and I insisted she flew under people’s radars.
I agree Mai fits perfectly, and would love her too. I just wonder how Nintendo would allow her... normal attire in, unless they really don't care that much.

Lets be honest People, Mai is the face to KoF really. she is more popular overall then Terry

zferolie

Smash Hero
I feel like she’s just covering her tracks.

ForsakenM seems like a trustworthy guy, I’m pretty sure this isn’t fake. Sabi has been confusing throughout this whole thing with people trying to figure out what she’s said and of course the thing with Vergeben earlier today.
Yeah I don't want to say that guy is lieing, just seems so odd what Sabi is doing... being this confusing is hurting my head this late at night.

Speaking of Vergeben, I have to wonder what he thinks about this.

He just commented on Gamfaqs 5 mins ago that he was asleep while everything regarding SNK initially went down, so I think we'll hear from him soon.
yeah quite curious to hear what he has to say

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I feel like Mai could fit with a more modest outfit, which she has had in past KOF games. Nothing too egregious there.

D

Deleted member

Every Smash game in Japan has been CERO A, which I believe is Sakurai's Goal. Overseas goals are likely a bit more lenient, likely aiming for the 10 year old equivalences. (E10+, PEGI 12 or Australia's PG)
Melee doesn’t have a CERO rating, and it’s the most “mature” of the bunch, that’s why I didn’t make a definitive statement.

I agree Mai fits perfectly, and would love her too. I just wonder how Nintendo would allow her... normal attire in, unless they really don't care that much.

Lets be honest People, Mai is the face to KoF really. she is more popular overall then Terry
She’s SNK’s most iconic and popular character by a long shot, and I already argued this a long time ago. Everyone who disagrees simply hasn’t done the research. Mai is a bonafide cult icon, whereas the rest of them don’t really reach too far from their games. So Mai defo deserves a spot given her cultural impact.

That said, I agree about her outfit. I’d like to see it happen for the surprise factor given the obstacles she has... after all, I called Bayonetta years ago and people would argue the same with me then as they argue for Mai now, but I guess we’ll see. My gut says Terry though.

Since when?

As opposed to fighting games, which he hates.
EVO 2019? Did you not watch it? They showed the logo and announced it was in development. It was after the SamSho season pass Showcase.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
https://youtu.be/wQvpGHstjjo
It's ****ing Nakoruru. ****!
I cannot think of a less hype character, and I have a notorious habit of liking many characters.
Sabi's bird leak, the SNK leak, and the old female fighting game character with a flying weapon leak all line up far too perfectly.
This is worse than Piranha Plant. I cannot contain my insane disappointment.
At least that makes Character 5 a complete mystery. It better be super hype to compensate for this turd.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Melee doesn’t have a CERO rating, and it’s the most “mature” of the bunch, that’s why I didn’t make a definitive statement.

She’s SNK’s most iconic and popular character by a long shot, and I already argued this a long time ago. Everyone who disagrees simply hasn’t done the research. Mai is a bonafide cult icon, whereas the rest of them don’t really reach too far from their games. So Mai defo deserves a spot given her cultural impact.

That said, I agree about her outfit. I’d like to see it happen for the surprise factor given the obstacles she has... after all, I called Bayonetta years ago and people would argue the same with me then as they argue for Mai now, but I guess we’ll see. My gut says Terry though.

EVO 2019? Did you not watch it? They showed the logo and announced it was in development. It was after the SamSho season pass Showcase.
Oh I agree she is clearly the most reconizable character from SNK's history, with Athena(classic look) maybe slightly behind. Yes its the sex appeal, but like you said it grabbed a lot of people. I guess maybe Sakurai could go with one of her older outfits? One of the ones that showed a little less clevage? Or heck, maybe they give her s sports bra, I would love to see people freaking out over that haha.

Terry though just seems too... bland to me. Hes another fighting with flaming punches and kicks.

I cannot think of a less hype character, and I have a notorious habit of liking many characters.
Sabi's bird leak, the SNK leak, and the old female fighting game character with a flying weapon leak all line up far too perfectly.
At least that makes Character 5 a complete mystery. It better be super hype to compensate for this turd.
Wow, angry much. Plus, if this is a female fighter, then we know an old Milky leak is true, which said the last fighter is in the game already, or series is represented already. Meaning maybe a Spirit Upgrade? the top 3 wanted spirits are Geno, Rayman, and Shnatae.

I forgot that CERO was founded a year after Melee.
Man Melee was amusing. Pausing to see Peach Undies as a kid haha

D

Deleted member

I’ve heard of this bird leak before, source?

Also, Nako would at least make an interesting character, especially if they translate all her combos from SamSho into Smash. She’s one of the most complex characters in that game. Birb carry would also be her UpB.

Stop being such a killjoy.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Okay then explain who's before Mai?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
https://youtu.be/hEUKV9B05GI
There may still be hope! Small, but still!

Also I'm being hyperbolic for how much I dislike Nakoruru. Birds are cool. I just prefer Doom Slayer several octillion times more.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Blocked Content... is never ever ever right. Them saying its fake just proves its real haha
I know, but I'm grasping at straws here. I had my Doom Slayer Mii and everything ready.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
New theory on DLC:

The current pack is supposed to be the most shocking.
The farther out the packs get, the more expected the characters will be.
There will be a correlation.

Prediction.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I know, but I'm grasping at straws here. I had my Doom Slayer Mii and everything ready.
I mean, if people thought Mai was too mature for smash, wouldnt Doomslayer be more? Don't get me wrong, I think as a gaming icon he deserves to be in, but at the current rating it would be quite hard without removing what he is iconic for

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
New theory on DLC:

The current pack is supposed to be the most shocking.
The farther out the packs get, the more expected the characters will be.
There will be a correlation.

Prediction.
Who would you deem as expected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom