• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
More like "I am sick of constantly pulled into fights I don't want to be a part of, pushed around by people who don't respect me, and being surrounded by people who are annoying!"
So I guess the question is, who would Ragna actually tolerate?

Same happens with Guilty Gear. Characters that die story wise don't show up in next games (assuming they would add them again), there are some characters that aren't playable and/or do not seem to be playable for Strive after certain events in the canon, and so on.
Oof, it does? Sounds kinda scary considering that Faust looks like he's at the end of his life.

The Tension Gauge is also used for Instant Kills (which are literally instant kills, no matter how much health your rival has) and Overdrives. Which would probably used for his Final Smash, I think.
I'd be willing to bet that Instant Kills and Astral Finishes would be relegated to Final Smashes, and only K.O. if the opponent reaches 100%. Or if they did always K.O., they'd be difficult to hit like Rest.

I kind of wish this was how Ryu, Ken, and Terry came to the game. IMHO I don't think command inputs mesh really well with Smash. They counteract with the intuitive essence of the game. I get that it's paying homage to traditional fighters and everything, but there are other ways to do this without changing what Smash is. I liked the mechanic of holding the button longer for moves like Terry has, but it's kind of pointless if there's always a stronger version via a command input.
I personally think they're fine. They're not a requirement, and they're quite lenient so even the harder ones can be pretty easy (dragon punches are still annoying though). As for the point of using the non-command versions, I'm sure their different properties matter quite a bit once you start getting good at the character, and at higher levels, the normal versions can be all you have time for in certain situations.

My only gripe is that they can be executed with the Normal Attack button, and that can lead to misinputs, especially on Terry.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually I got a Question

Would Shovel Knight count as a Premium Costume if he were added? Unlike all the other Premium Costumes (Sans, Cuphead, Vault Boy, and Bomberman), Shovel Knight's Face isn't actually seen, it's just his Helmet. It's similar to Black Knight in that way. Despite how Black Knight covers all of the Mii's Face, Black Knight isn't considered a Premium Costume

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Would Shovel Knight count as a Premium Costume if he were added? Unlike all the other Premium Costumes (Sans, Cuphead, Vault Boy, and Bomberman), Shovel Knight's Face isn't actually seen, it's just his Helmet. It's similar to Black Knight in that way. Despite how Black Knight covers all of the Mii's Face, Black Knight isn't considered a Premium Costume
I only consider “Premium Costumes” to be ones that come with music so no

SharkLord

Smash Hero

It would, because Shovel Knight's proportions match the Mii's proportions much better than Black Knight. Bonus points if he brings a song with him, like with Sans and Cuphead.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm Familiar with Blazblue due to being a Fighting game Fan, Watching good amount of Top Ten Gaming videos that had Hazama on the list alot (Quarter guy, Fiery Joker, and More come to mind), and Playing Cross Tag Battle

But why is Nu Obessed with Ragna? From the Glimpses of her I saw before I played Cross tag, I thought she was one of the more Serious type Mecha Girls, So I was so surprised she sounded like a Little Girl with a Robotic Voice and she was in Love with Ragna. Anyone willing to flex their Blazblue Knowledge?
Where do I even begin?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I personally think they're fine. They're not a requirement, and they're quite lenient so even the harder ones can be pretty easy (dragon punches are still annoying though). As for the point of using the non-command versions, I'm sure their different properties matter quite a bit once you start getting good at the character, and at higher levels, the normal versions can be all you have time for in certain situations.

My only gripe is that they can be executed with the Normal Attack button, and that can lead to misinputs, especially on Terry.
I'm not sure on Terry, but CIs are definately needed for Ryu and Ken. There are some easy ones and some hard ones, but I'd just prefer there not be a distinction so they could be more consistent. Maybe I'm just crap, but Shoryuken is constantly tricky to land.

If they're using weaker versions just because they're pressed on time it seems like it would be easier to just power up said version and take out the inputs altogether.

Having weak and strong versions of attacks, and making the character combo oriented are excellent ways to represent traditional fighters without alienating more casual players.

Just my preference I suppose.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I only consider “Premium Costumes” to be ones that come with music so no
While I don't necessarily agree with your definition (at least anymore) you do bring up an interesting Question. Can Non-Fully Modeled Costumes come with Music?

Like For example, if Reimu was made a Mii Costume, I don't think she will be Fully modeled like Bomberman, Sans, or the other, but especially considering how Legendary Touhou Music is, is it Still possible for Music Tracks to be sold with Regular Costumes?

It would, because Shovel Knight's proportions match the Mii's proportions much better than Black Knight. Bonus points if he brings a song with him, like with Sans and Cuphead.
I still don't know though. Skull Kid actually does fit the Mii Proportions well too and unlike Black Knight, his AT Model is used for the Mii costume (same with Isaac). I'm wondering if that would be the Same deal with Shovel Knight, since Knight technically doesn't have seen face. As for the Music Point, it listed above

Where do I even begin?
I Got all Day

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm Familiar with Blazblue due to being a Fighting game Fan, Watching good amount of Top Ten Gaming videos that had Hazama on the list alot (Quarter guy, Fiery Joker, and More come to mind), and Playing Cross Tag Battle

But why is Nu Obessed with Ragna? From the Glimpses of her I saw before I played Cross tag, I thought she was one of the more Serious type Mecha Girls, So I was so surprised she sounded like a Little Girl with a Robotic Voice and she was in Love with Ragna. Anyone willing to flex their Blazblue Knowledge?
I'll quote the Blazblue Wiki for this.
Nu is shown to have a split personality; one that is an emotionless girl that follows orders without question and the other as a yandere who is in love with Ragna the Bloodedge.

Being a Prime Field, Nu’s emotions were sealed away, becoming little more than an emotionless machine who kills anyone that obstructs her programming or whomever she determines to be hostile. She was originally programmed to terminate anyone she deems hostile that came near the Gate. When conversing with anyone that isn’t or doesn’t mention Ragna, she speaks like a machine or in an emotionless tone and is only interested in her orders.

When around, hearing about or thinking about Ragna on the other hand, her personality changes to someone who is absolutely infatuated with him. In her mind, Nu must have Ragna to herself, and anyone who gets in her way must die, thus making her an obsessive yandere instead of an possessive one (possessive yanderes tend to kill their love interest to avoid losing them to someone else). Nu’s love for Ragna has also given her the habit of using the most sexual innuendo out of the entire cast in the BlazBlue series. This especially the case when around Ragna, as she is usually giving him a “naughty” smile when using innuendo around him. However, what makes Nu different to traditional yanderes is that while she changes to a person who is in love with Ragna, she doesn’t necessarily have a “deredere” side to her personality as she still tends to say dark and graphic things to others and may still act emotionless even in Ragna’s presence.

This unrequited love is due to a unique interpretation of what little of Saya’s memories of Ragna she possesses as a direct result of being a clone of his sister, which developed into a romantic affection and the belief that they were destined to be bound together by fate. However, Nu has a unique interpretation of showing affection to Ragna, which involves “killing” each other, knowing that neither herself nor Ragna can’t permanently stay dead due to the Life Link they share. This is because Ragna had destroyed two of Nu’s previous undeveloped bodies in the past before the events of Calamity Trigger which were unable to react let alone speak. This gave her the impression that “killing” each other is the best and only way to show affection to Ragna and it is because of this fact that despite loving Ragna a lot, she tends to still fight him in a rather brutal manner when they engage in battle.

Over time Nu’s yandere personality becomes more dominant over her emotionless weapon personality, mostly loosening Hazama’s control over her in the process. In BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, she seems to have acquired habits from the time her soul inhabited Lambda-11’s body, such as counting hits in German when performing Sword Summoner, like she used to do as Lambda. By BlazBlue: Centralfiction not only has she gone AWOL in search of Ragna and a way to merge with him, she shows a lot more emotion even when she’s engaged in emotionless speak. Many characters, such as Nine, have noticed that she’s beginning to act a lot more different than how she used to. As a result, she mostly speaks in a more “humanly” manner rather than the monotone, machine-like voice she had around others in the past. However, Nu’s personality is still largely dark, when put mildly; by this stage, she can be seen as cold, cruel and sadistic, enjoying the pain she inflicts on anyone and everyone that isn’t Ragna or that she thinks is getting in her way. An example of this includes her fight against Mu-12, where she constantly promises that she (i.e. Noel Vermillion) will pay for denying her wishes to be with Ragna and for killing her at the end of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, saying that she will force her to suffer what she had suffered as her soul wandered the Boundary for what felt like an eternity.

At heart, however, Nu is a sad and lonely girl who has endured roughly four years of nightmarish torture and experimentation by Control Organization’s science division, clinging to her memories of Ragna to give her hope. It is for this reason that she hates the world and wants to merge with Ragna to form the Black Beast. This hatred extends to Hazama due to the experimentation that he, along with the entire Control Organization science division, did on her, but has kept quiet about it throughout her time serving them until she breaks free from their control.

No. 1 - Kirby. Remember, kids:
Considering Ragna is "friends" with Toakaka...

1604546003591.png

I can see Kirby working out fine.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
While I don't necessarily agree with your definition (at least anymore) you do bring up an interesting Question. Can Non-Fully Modeled Costumes come with Music?

Like For example, if Reimu was made a Mii Costume, I don't think she will be Fully modeled like Bomberman, Sans, or the other, but especially considering how Legendary Touhou Music is, is it Still possible for Music Tracks to be sold with Regular Costumes?

I still don't know though. Skull Kid actually does fit the Mii Proportions well too and unlike Black Knight, his AT Model is used for the Mii costume (same with Isaac). I'm wondering if that would be the Same deal with Shovel Knight, since Knight technically doesn't have seen face. As for the Music Point, it listed above

I Got all Day
To put it simply as I can

She, along with Lambda, are clones of his sister, and her sense of love is deranged to the point of it turning romantic, which she expresses by wanting to kill him.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Here's the Guilty Gear competitive wiki. It lists his Guilty Gear Xrd moveset, the general idea of which would probably be translated into Smash. Enjoy.
He looks like he'd be our first fighting-game-inputs character with a sword, which would be enough to make him pretty unique! Looks like he'd also be the first fighting game character to have a command grab. He wouldn't have low range like the other three fighting game characters. He'd probably play like a mix between Ike, Ganondorf, and Terry, while probably having strong shield break setups like Ryu has. Sol has loads of potential to be a really neat fighter!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I Got all Day
Hasn’t happened yet, but I’d hope so. A Gunvolt regular costume (not fully modeled) with like some random Lumen bop (Beyond the Blue?) would be dope

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'll quote the Blazblue Wiki for this.

Considering Ragna is "friends" with Toakaka...

View attachment 291204

I can see Kirby working out fine.
To put it simply as I can

She, along with Lambda, are clones of his sister, and her sense of love is deranged to the point of it turning romantic, which she expresses by wanting to kill him.
Now I see everything. that's honestly some interesting Lore, and I guess this type of lore is just an example of why Blazblue's Story was huge factor in it's success (from what I heard), even if The Story and Lore at times get very crazy, and the Final Game in the story does not have English Voice Acting

So is Saya Nu, Who's the Clone of Ragna's Sister, or Is Saya Ragna's Actual Sister who Nu is Cloned from? Also is Ragna's Sister Alive or Dead? and why were there 2 Clones?

Shroob

Sup?
Now I see everything. that's honestly some interesting Lore, and I guess this type of lore is just an example of why Blazblue's Story was huge factor in it's success (from what I heard), even if The Story and Lore at times get very crazy, and the Final Game in the story does not have English Voice Acting

So is Saya Nu, Who's the Clone of Ragna's Sister, or Is Saya Ragna's Actual Sister who Nu is Cloned from? Also is Ragna's Sister Alive or Dead? and why were there 2 Clones?
Saya is the og sister, and yes, she's alive, and an antagonist and playable character. Also, considering the names, Lamba-11, Nu-13, there weren't just 2 clones.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

KillerCage

Smash Master

Uuuuhhh....
Nu is one of three clones of Saya.
The other two (as far as we are aware of) are Lambda and Mu/Noel Vermillion.
Also Saya is alive and dead.
She has taken the name Hades Izanami and is one of the major villains of Centralfiction.

1604546981845.png

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Obligatory quote about this being a full moon...

Wait... this is werewolves, not Robots.

If we were to get a character who transforms into a werewolf (discounting Link and Sonic due to the former not being a Werewolf and the other being a Werehog) who could it be?
The main character from Altered Beast on PS2.
WARNING: THIS IS PRETTY BRUTAL AND DISTURBING.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Uuuuhhh....
The other two (we are aware of) are Lambda and Mu/Noel.
She has taken the name Hades Izanami and is one of the major villains of Centralfiction.

View attachment 291206
Now I get why The Name Saya King of rung a Bell. I've seen Hades Izanami Referred to as Saya when some guy on Gamefaqs was Making topics for her to be in Smash. I wonder how Ragna Feels about this, and how did she turn Evil

and Noel is one of the Clones, well how did she end up not being a Robot like Lambda and Nu, Unless of course I might have forgotten she might have been a Robot at first as Mu. If so, how did that Transition work?

and is Noel in Love with Ragna? if so are the Feelings recuperated? Are there more characters in love with Ragna (like Potentially Rachel?)

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Uuuuhhh....
The other two (as far as we are aware of) are Lambda and Mu/Noel Vermillion.

View attachment 291206
What do you mean she is alive and dead at the same time? Is her soul manifested into Izanami? Isn't she get kidnapped by Hazama?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The main character from Altered Beast on PS2.
WARNING: THIS IS PRETTY BRUTAL AND DISTURBING.
Oh I’m sure I can handle it — SWEET JESUS WHAT THE **** :eek:

...apparently this game was canceled in North America. Only releasing in Japan and Europe. I wonder why.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Now I get why The Name Saya King of rung a Bell. I've seen Hades Izanami Referred to as Saya when some guy on Gamefaqs was Making topics for her to be in Smash. I wonder how Ragna Feels about this, and how did she turn Evil

and Noel is one of the Clones, well how did she end up not being a Robot like Lambda and Nu, Unless of course I might have forgotten she might have been a Robot at first as Mu. If so, how did that Transition work?

and is Noel in Love with Ragna? if so are the Feelings recuperated? Are there more characters in love with Ragna (like Potentially Rachel?)
I should probably mention that if you think too hard about this, you'll probably hurt yourself. Keep in mind, this is just content from the mainline games. Once you add in XBlaze and that one light novel series, both of which were confirmed technically-canon by Centralfiction, then HOO BOY. Your gonna be in this for the long haul.

KillerCage

Smash Master
What do you mean she is alive and dead at the same time? Is her soul manifested into Izanami? Isn't she get kidnapped by Hazama?
Hazama (or I should say Terumi) did kidnap Saya.
He then made her into a vessel for Izanami.
Considering Inazami is the Goddess of the Dead, my statement that Saya is both alive and dead still applies.

Mu is another robot like Nu and Lambda, but she got amnesia at some and was later raised by the Vermillion family and given the name Noel. Also we know Noel is not in love with Ragna thanks to Rachel Alucard's gag ending.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
In which case, all that's left to say is that since Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, etc. are most notably from the Super Mario series, which is a series of platforming series of games, they are platforming characters no? Or at least that they represent the platforming genre if not also alongside other genres they're notable for appearing in.
You're discussing it as if the other series are not as, or even more, prominent. Which is the problem I have with this assertion. Especially with Pokemon, which is known for so many things that regarding it as purely one thing seems to be fully incomplete.
Hey what if the devs brought in a character from a fighting game
In general, I accept this portioned statement as a necessity.

Gitaroo

Smash Cadet

He Is Quite Miffed But He Is Also Quite Miffed About Everything More Or Less But Especially This When It Was Revealed at the end of CS. She was kidnapped as a child and made into a vessel for an evil death god.

They're technically more like Artificial Humans than literal robots, so its not initially obvious like it is for Nu and Lambda because they wear robot battle armor

Noel: Not canonically. Rachel: Heavily hinted/implied.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Basically Sol:
  1. Go up to other guy's face
  2. Punch other guy's face
  3. Repeat until either A: their face is sufficiently punched or B: your face is sufficiently punched.

I mean, I never even considered the possibility of resource management or crafting for Steve, and then Sakurai redoes every stage in the game just to make it work. I have full faith in this man to pull off whatever crazy gimmicks a fighter may come with.
Hot take on a character- the talking paperclip avatar that Microsoft Word used to have with it.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
The only werewolves I can think of are, unfortunately, all characters who probably won't be coming to Smash.

We have Wolf Link, who I'm not sure counts as a werewolf because he just turns into a wolf and not the beast typically associated with werewolves. He probably has the best shot of any of the characters here, if only because he could be added with Midna as a duo character ala Duck Hunt. But, even though Midna is my favorite LoZ character and I want her playable, the unfortunate truth is that the ship has sailed as far as that goes.

The Werehog would be weird to implement, since it's a transformation of Sonic. You'd either add him to Sonic's kit, which wouldn't make sense because Sonic isn't known for transforming into the Werehog on a regular basis (and freed himself from the curse by the end of Unleashed). Or, you add him as a standalone, which makes more sense now that Shiek and ZSS are no longer transformations, come to think of it. While I'd love playing as stretchy-arms brawler Sonic in Smash, there are a lot of characters from the Sonic franchise who should get in over the werehog. If we want to make a character who plays kinda like Sonic but is more about brute strength, knock knock it's Knuckles!

The Castlevania series has Cornell. He's not very popular, since Legacy of Darkness is not that well-liked among Castlevania fans. Alucard, Trevor, Soma Cruz, and possibly Dracula (though I do think the boss role is a good fit for him) spring to mind as characters who should be added before Cornell. Miriam also springs to mind. Bloodstained may be a spiritual successor to Castlevania, but that just sorta makes her feel like an honorary Castlevania character. And technically being from a new franchise would be all the more reason to add her.

Digimon has Weregarurumon. One of my favorites, but we'd likely get Agumon first. And if we got Gabumon, it's a toss-up whether Weregarurumon would come into play in his kit or not.

Lastly, there's Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers. I don't know much about the popularity of Darkstalkers characters, but of course, we all know Morrigan is the face of the franchise. Maybe they'd choose Jon if a Morrigan with covered-up cleavage isn't something they could add? I used to think this was possible for Morrigan, but the whole Mai thing has me very unsure. Regardless, if they go for a Darkstalkers rep who isn't Morrigan, it wouldn't necessarily be Jon.

So yeah, us werewolf fans will probably have to stick to playing as Wolf for the time being, though that's not so bad :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom