• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Can you explain so I don't have to watch the video myself?
Pretty Much Daisy has the Turnip Thing for Down B, Which is the Same with Steve mining and Stuff

It also tied into Marth and Shiek apparently, with the main body for the Sword, ad the TNT Bomb Respectfully

I don't know about this though, if that's the case why wasn't Peach affected

SKX31

Smash Master
So who's glitching this time, and what wacky theory can we base it off of? :nifty:
Hmm, there's the "Samus / Dark Samus falls through the floor glitch":

So clearly, that's pointing to something. :4pacman:

Watch as Steve is based off Simon/Richter or something

the Ness thing may have been the Flint property
The Flint and Steve being rather small... those are the only similarities to Ness I can think of. As for the rest:

• The Jab / F-Tilt / Nair system was based on :ultmegaman: 's.
  • F-Smash is a rather standard forward slash.
  • Up Tilt is a common back to front swipe, like :ultlink: and :ultcloud: 's. Up-Air follows along.
  • Up Smash doesn't seem to have any other counterparts.
  • Down Smash is a common Front-> Back one.
  • Grab seems like a version of :ultisabelle: 's Fishing Rod that goes through shields.
  • Throws are also a mixed back - B-Throw is a common back throw, Up-Throw is a common straight upwards (lots of characters have such a throw, not just Ness), F-Throw seems original and D-Throw is a common combo throw (IIRC).
  • F-Air functions very similarily to :ultmario: 's, with a perfectly timed one spiking.
  • B-Air reminds me of :ulthero: 's Bair.
  • D-Air is a mix of a regular stall n' fall and :ultkirby: 's Stone.
  • Minecart seems like a modified version of :ultincineroar: Alolan Whip (as so far as it can work as a command grab).
  • Elytra reincorporates the Glide mechanic.
  • Then there are the Neutral B moves, which are all original.

So yeah, all in all I'm leaning heavily towards him being original and only taking bits and pieces from the other characters when convinient (Jab, Grab).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Why is this so hard for people?!

Steve is clearly based off of Isabelle. They're both mute and can walk around on two legs.
i still say Isabelle was robbed by not giving her her little warbles from the AC series. MK8D had it

Hmm, there's the "Samus / Dark Samus falls through the floor glitch":

So clearly, that's pointing to something. :4pacman:

The Flint and Steve being rather small... those are the only similarities to Ness I can think of. As for the rest:

• The Jab / F-Tilt / Nair system was based on :ultmegaman: 's.
  • F-Smash is a rather standard forward slash.
  • Up Tilt is a common back to front swipe, like :ultlink: and :ultcloud: 's. Up-Air follows along.
  • Up Smash doesn't seem to have any other counterparts.
  • Down Smash is a common Front-> Back one.
  • Grab seems like a version of :ultisabelle: 's Fishing Rod that goes through shields.
  • Throws are also a mixed back - B-Throw is a common back throw, Up-Throw is a common straight upwards (lots of characters have such a throw, not just Ness), F-Throw seems original and D-Throw is a common combo throw (IIRC).
  • F-Air functions very similarily to :ultmario: 's, with a perfectly timed one spiking.
  • B-Air reminds me of :ulthero: 's Bair.
  • D-Air is a mix of a regular stall n' fall and :ultkirby: 's Stone.
  • Minecart seems like a modified version of :ultincineroar: Alolan Whip (as so far as it can work as a command grab).
  • Elytra reincorporates the Glide mechanic.
  • Then there are the Neutral B moves, which are all original.

So yeah, all in all I'm leaning heavily towards him being original and only taking bits and pieces from the other characters when convinient (Jab, Grab).
so it ONLY happens with Samus & Dark Samus...?

eh probably still nothing. Terry's FS only crashed the game when used against the Ice Climbers

i think what we gotta look for is cosmetic glitches that affect a character's appearance like with Bayonetta, Ness and Daisy

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does Steve HAVE to be based off another character? Does every character in Smash reuse assets from others or are any completely 100% unique?
Given how massive of a game this is especially with most stages being from previous installments, it does make sense to avoid using up too much data.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Given how massive of a game this is especially with most stages being from previous installments, it does make sense to avoid using up too much data.
It makes sense, but at the same time, we're talking about a character who requires every single stage in the damn game to be reworked just so pressing B works.

I don't think data was a particularly big worry when making Steve.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Any of you been to the Nintendo World Store/Nintendo NY? Now that's some expensive merch.
Ah, not just the expense of big city business but big city business with your sole merch being exclusive and expensive intellectual property. A plush you could buy at Hot Topic or Wal-mart for 10 bucks costing 30 for something identical or damn near close. I don't envy living in big cities. And I think things can be expensive where I live as it is.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
****, I've never been to NY, how expensive we talking? Like 50 dollars for a small Mario plush?
I recall a small Lemmy Koopa plush being nearly $25, which to me, is ridiculous. It's a ****ing plush. Just ONE plush. Clothing is typically $40 or more there (from my memory, I haven't been there too recently). I would say the least expensive items in the store are $10-15, but those are smaller items like keychains and such.

Definitely not the most expensive place in the world, but if you're planning on getting multiple things, it's best to bring at least $200.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Honestly, if we're going off of Glitches, then Samus and Dark Samus could be used as the Main Base for a More Grounded Zoner. Someone like maybe, Reimu? Reimu is on the more anime Esc side. Or potentially even the Bard from FFXIV as a unique Archer Style Fighter.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, if we're going off of Glitches, then Samus and Dark Samus could be used as the Main Base for a More Grounded Zoner. Someone like maybe, Reimu? Reimu is on the more anime Esc side. Or potentially even the Bard from FFXIV as a unique Archer Style Fighter.
Considering the concept of "ground" doesn't even exist in Touhou, I doubt that's the case.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Since I was asked earlier, here's the template that I used to make my roster image:

And here's it with the known characters, with and without the logos.

(It might not be exactly the same as what I had before; I had to make a new image to make it so it was just the confirmed characters)

I used different-coloured rectangles and moved them to the back layer to get the backgrounds, and I looked up transparent images of the characters/logos and shrunk them down to make them fit before moving them back so they're in the layer between the template and the background. (for PhotoImpact, it's Control + Shift + Enter to shrink the images; I don't know if it's the same for other programs, but it brings up a menu called Object Properties, and I can shrink the image by a percent)

Hopefully the transparent sections work; transparency is pretty finicky for PhotoImpact, at least.

SpectreJordan SpectreJordan

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

It's all coming together.
Since I was asked earlier, here's the template that I used to make my roster image:

And here's it with the known characters, with and without the logos.

(It might not be exactly the same as what I had before; I had to make a new image to make it so it was just the confirmed characters)

I used different-coloured rectangles and moved them to the back layer to get the backgrounds, and I looked up transparent images of the characters/logos and shrunk them down to make them fit before moving them back so they're in the layer between the template and the background. (for PhotoImpact, it's Control + Shift + Enter to shrink the images; I don't know if it's the same for other programs, but it brings up a menu called Object Properties, and I can shrink the image by a percent)

Hopefully the transparent sections work; transparency is pretty finicky for PhotoImpact, at least.

SpectreJordan SpectreJordan
Thanks a ton! I’ll try my hand at one (or two) soon!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
thing is the Bayonetta, Ness and Daisy glitches were all visual stuff only, not affecting gameplay. If you believe the supposed Simon/Richter glitch was for Byleth (involved their whips acting weird), that too.

this affects gameplay itself, so i wouldn't count on it. same with Terry's FS against ICs freezing the game at one point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom