• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ze9

Smash Ace
And I don't blame you at all for tiring of that. Again, part of - but not the whole equation. On the other hand, Sakurai probably wanted to include Erdrick and Solo out of their own merits. And Eight was a fan request from Western DQ fans. (Important Edit): Oh right, Luminary's game, DQ XI, did really well on both PS4 and 3DS on the first goaround.

My point is, it can get real complicated.
I mean, promotion certainly played some part on Hero's inclusion, but only in regards to Luminary beng the default (and other reasons may have played a part on that, like getting an easier stage to make with reusable assets feom DQXI). I mean, DQ certainly warranted inclusion, and it's not like the other 3 heroes aren't there.
Then, the rest of the Pass? We have Banjo, who's probably the biggest effort in fanservice in Nintendo's history, and Joker who doesn't come from a particularly big series and is not really promoting anything.
On top of Piranha Plant.
And on top of the base roster, which is 95% fanservice.

I mean, if this was Smash 4 I'd be singing a different tune. Cross-promotion and marketing certainly played a big part in that game. But to get so fixated on promotion after Ultimate, which is basically a giant love letter to fans? ...that's just weird to me. And overly cynical. Sometimes a good thing is just a good thing.

SKX31

Smash Master
I mean, promotion certainly played some part on Hero's inclusion, but only in regards to Luminary beng the default (and other reasons may have played a part on that, like getting an easier stage to make with reusable assets feom DQXI). I mean, DQ certainly warranted inclusion, and it's not like the other 3 heroes aren't there.
Then, the rest of the Pass? We have Banjo, who's probably the biggest effort in fanservice in Nintendo's history, and Joker who doesn't come from a particularly big series and is not really promoting anything.
On top of Piranha Plant.
And on top of the base roster, which is 95% fanservice.

I mean, if this was Smash 4 I'd be singing a different tune. Cross-promotion and marketing certainly played a big part in that game. But to get so fixated on promotion after Ultimate, which is basically a giant love letter to fans? ...that's just weird to me. And overly cynical. Sometimes a good thing is just a good thing.
Yeah, I think we're getting to the same conclusion here. I should probably mention something on my end: that "equation" was probably the not the best term to use. Couldn't think of a synonym that'd fit better.

I didn't mean to get fixated on promotion, just bringing it up since Sakurai has had to contend with Nintendo / third parties and their wants in the past (he did jab at the 2 songs thing after all.). And I never said that promotion's the whole thing - I mean, it's clear from Sakurai's livestream that he loves DQ. We also know he included Joker and Banjo out of wanting them in personally.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo stepped back and allowed Sakurai more breathing room after Corrin, but that's conjecture on my end.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Promotional picks are still possible, but I highly doubt them given that they don't also check another box (fan favorite, Sakurai favorite, bringing something totally new to Smash like Corrin tried to, etc).

Otherwise there's no reason to assume it WILL be a Fighter instead of a stage, a summon, a Mii Costume, or a Spirit.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
Promotional characters have technically been a thing since Melee.

Marth and Roy helped promote Fire Emblem in the West, and Roy was in Melee months before his own game released.

Brawl wasn't necessarily used as a promotional platform for any foreign or newer series. MGS and Sonic were already well established by this time and had no games that were foreign to audiences.

Of course, Smash 4 helped promote Fire Emblem Fates through Corrin; and Ultimate helped promote the new Dragon Quest game through Hero.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Promotional characters have technically been a thing since Melee.

Marth and Roy helped promote Fire Emblem in the West, and Roy was in Melee months before his own game released.

Brawl wasn't necessarily used as a promotional platform for any foreign or newer series. MGS and Sonic were already well established by this time and had no games that were foreign to audiences.

Of course, Smash 4 helped promote Fire Emblem Fates through Corrin; and Ultimate helped promote the new Dragon Quest game through Hero.
I don't think Marth and Roy really counts as promotional pick because Sakurai is the one that was pushing for Marth in Melee. If Nintendo would have wanted Marth for promotion, they would have just accept it with no discussion. You could see Corrin has a promotional character, but I don't think that was Sakurai intentions, he just wanted a character from one of the most recent Nintendo games because DLC was a new opportunity for him.

Sure indirectly these characters inclusion might have helped their franchises, but I honestly don't think this was their first goal.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Roy is another story. While they wanted another clone, he was brought up so he could promote his game coming out soon(...In Japan). So he is a promotional character, but the fact they needed another clone was a key factor too.

Contrast Corrin who was first looked into because they wanted someone from an upcoming game. But s/he also might not have made it, until Sakurai's team convinced him it was worth it for the moveset alone.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Roy is another story. While they wanted another clone, he was brought up so he could promote his game coming out soon(...In Japan). So he is a promotional character, but the fact they needed another clone was a key factor too.

Contrast Corrin who was first looked into because they wanted someone from an upcoming game. But s/he also might not have made it, until Sakurai's team convinced him it was worth it for the moveset alone.
I feel the majority of newcomers in Smash 4 were promotional but not on the same scale as Corrin.

On the site, it would say under a newcomer to visit the site of X game in order to learn more about them. Most I remember having this although a few veterans (such as :4yoshi:) also had one so it might’ve just been a overall decision.

But again, the Smash 4 newcomers got in on their own merits. Nintendo just used the opportunity to squeeze some promotion outta them.

Also I know this is off topic but it feels weird reading your username and seeing it in blue, not red.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I feel the majority of newcomers in Smash 4 were promotional but not on the same scale as Corrin.

On the site, it would say under a newcomer to visit the site of X game in order to learn more about them. Most I remember having this although a few veterans (such as :4yoshi:) also had one so it might’ve just been a overall decision.

But again, the Smash 4 newcomers got in on their own merits. Nintendo just used the opportunity to squeeze some promotion outta them.
Eh, none of them felt really promotional in the sense of "mainly there to advertise a game". Which is more directly what I mean. So far, only Corrin and Roy are directly there for that. Most characters do have a "promotional impact", though. Which makes sense. You see a character, find out what game they're from, and look into it. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So since this DLC pass is looking to be exclusively 3rd party, what if the hypothetical season 2 was exclusively Nintendo? What fighters would you want? I was thinking:

1. Byleth with Garreg Mach Monastery
2. Adeleine and Ribbon with Ripple Star
3. Tingle with Clock Town
4. DeMille with Spillville
5. Rex and Pyra with XC2 stage (or something)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Eh, none of them felt really promotional in the sense of "mainly there to advertise a game". Which is more directly what I mean. So far, only Corrin and Roy are directly there for that. Most characters do have a "promotional impact", though. Which makes sense. You see a character, find out what game they're from, and look into it. Plain and simple.
That was my implication. Sorta similar to what :ulthero: has on his page.

Also I rechecked the Smash 4 character pages and funnily, :4corrin: doesn’t have a “visit the page of this character’s game to learn about them” when he was a clear promo character. Just humorous to me.

Less humorous was how they managed to spoil a certain character being playable in Super Mario 3D World with the “promotional impact”

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That was my implication. Sorta similar to what :ulthero: has on his page.

Also I rechecked the Smash 4 character pages and funnily, :4corrin: doesn’t have a “visit the page of this character’s game to learn about them” when he was a clear promo character. Just humorous to me.

Less humorous was how they managed to spoil a certain character being playable in Super Mario 3D World with the “promotional impact”
I'll take that over Dark Pit not properly being labeled as a Newcomer. -_-

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
So since this DLC pass is looking to be exclusively 3rd party, what if the hypothetical season 2 was exclusively Nintendo? What fighters would you want? I was thinking:

1. Skull Kid
  2. Byleth (assuming their moveset involves a lot of whipsword moves)
  3. Masked Link
  4. Decloned Ganondorf
  5. Ephraim (or Dimitri)

zferolie

Smash Hero
I posted this on the shantae thread but felt that it would fit very well in the gwneral newcomers thread.

I really do think the next character will be an indie rep. Nintendo is pushing indie games HARD, and they are even sponsoring the indie showcases at TGS. What better way to show indies are important to them then giving them a smash rep?

The list of viable indies are not huge but a decent size.

Shantae: probably the biggest indie studio out there, wayforward has a lot of clout on the indie scene, even if they mostly take a back seat of it. They have been around the longest, and have worked on the most games. Shantae is a spirit already but i still dont think that disconfirms someone being playable. Shantae also has a long history on nintendo, so she is one of the top choices.

Reimu Hakurei. The queen of the japanese indie scene, touhou project is by far the biggest doujon game series in japan. Its representation on nintendo is only newer, but one cannot argue the impact on japanese gaming society touhou has had. It wpuld make a lot of sense to put Reimu into smash for those reasons. Plus her unique bullet hel mechanics could be interesting in a smash setting.

Quote/curly. Cave story is one of the oldest and well known indie games out there and having them in smash would be a huge honor and could be feasible since the series has a long history on nintendo.

Fisk. I will admit i never got into undertale, but i cant deny the inpact it had on the indie scene. Plus it sounds like sakurai is a huge fan of the series. I dont want an undertale rep myself but i can see it as a chance.

Hollow knight/Hornet. Nintendo is pushing this series hard, and it was award winning. Also old enough and has a new game coming, both important factors i feel for an indie spot.

Honestly those are the indie reps i feel really have the best shot. Candance is still a little too new i think? Next game i can see her easily happening, or as a second indie rep.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
  1. Bandana Dee with stage representing the modern era of Kirby games
  2. Akira Howard (Astral Chain) with city and astral plains
  3. Min Min with Ramen Bowl
  4. Gen 8 pokemon (with Galar stadium) or someone else
  5. Rex and Pyra/Mythra with Azurda on the cloud sea plus all the other titans

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I know it's not going to happen but I'd love a second season pass with first party characters that come from franchises that don't have already a characters or stage. The problem is that most of these characters are really not popular, but it will go like this:

1. Isaac with Venus lighthouse
2. Chorus kids with Rhythm café
3. Chibi robo with Sanderson's house
4. Savvy stylist with Fashion runway
5. Sami or Andy (or both) with an Advance wars stage ( I don't really know this franchises so I don't have idea of specific location)

ze9

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think we're getting to the same conclusion here. I should probably mention something on my end: that "equation" was probably the not the best term to use. Couldn't think of a synonym that'd fit better.

I didn't mean to get fixated on promotion, just bringing it up since Sakurai has had to contend with Nintendo / third parties and their wants in the past (he did jab at the 2 songs thing after all.). And I never said that promotion's the whole thing - I mean, it's clear from Sakurai's livestream that he loves DQ. We also know he included Joker and Banjo out of wanting them in personally.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo stepped back and allowed Sakurai more breathing room after Corrin, but that's conjecture on my end.
Yeah, I wasn't really arguing against you. It's just that the state of Smash speculation lately really seems reduced to nothing but sales data and **** measuring contests. That's why a suggestion as ridicolous as Tracer (in my opinion) even gets seriously considered. But that's just... not how Ultimate has operated, at all.
When considering 3rd party franchises, Sakurai opted for bringing back stuff like Banjo-Kazooie and Castlevania, which are big sure, but mostly for passionate gamers. Same for Persona. They're not gonna go full "HOW YOU DOIN' FELLOW KIDS???", even if it would make more money, which I think it wouldn't anyways, because Smash just has another kind of audience.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord

Also I know this is off topic but it feels weird reading your username and seeing it in blue, not red.
Also off-topic, who's that live-action guy at the end of your signature image, SneakyLink SneakyLink ? A live-action video game movie character?
Shantae: probably the biggest indie studio out there, wayforward has a lot of clout on the indie scene, even if they mostly take a back seat of it. They have been around the longest, and have worked on the most games. Shantae is a spirit already but i still dont think that disconfirms someone being playable. Shantae also has a long history on nintendo, so she is one of the top choices.
Maybe Shantae could vaguely fit "female character that will make people upset", tho she totes has been requested so, actually nvm.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Well, you already got Tingle, though it's hard to say if that's the best possible stage for him... hmmm...

Anyway;

1. Waluigi with Waluigi Pinball(...I can't think of another good stage for him)
2. Bandanna Waddle Dee(Okay, I didn't play the games he was in at all. I only really played Kirby 64. So I have no answer for what stage)
3. Tingle with Tingle Island(I kind of want to see that version used more. Wind Waker only got one stage, and I feel like it doesn't do enough to show off how big of a game it is. I'd still use MM Tingle though).
4. Chibi-Robo with the Bedroom(well, the biggest one. I remember climbing shelves and such. It's been a while)

That's honestly all I can think of right now. Maybe I'll figure out a fifth later.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Also off-topic, who's that live-action guy at the end of your signature image, SneakyLink SneakyLink ? A live-action video game movie character?
Edward Richtofen from the Call of Duty series. Unlike other characters in the series, I think if they stick to some of the more fantastical elements of the series present in the games Zombies mode then he could be a unique character instead of a generic FPS guy.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I posted this on the shantae thread but felt that it would fit very well in the gwneral newcomers thread.

I really do think the next character will be an indie rep. Nintendo is pushing indie games HARD, and they are even sponsoring the indie showcases at TGS. What better way to show indies are important to them then giving them a smash rep?

The list of viable indies are not huge but a decent size.

Reimu Hakurei. The queen of the japanese indie scene, touhou project is by far the biggest doujon game series in japan. Its representation on nintendo is only newer, but one cannot argue the impact on japanese gaming society touhou has had. It wpuld make a lot of sense to put Reimu into smash for those reasons. Plus her unique bullet hel mechanics could be interesting in a smash setting.

Quote/curly. Cave story is one of the oldest and well known indie games out there and having them in smash would be a huge honor and could be feasible since the series has a long history on nintendo.

Fisk. I will admit i never got into undertale, but i cant deny the inpact it had on the indie scene. Plus it sounds like sakurai is a huge fan of the series. I dont want an undertale rep myself but i can see it as a chance.

Hollow knight/Hornet. Nintendo is pushing this series hard, and it was award winning. Also old enough and has a new game coming, both important factors i feel for an indie spot.

Honestly those are the indie reps i feel really have the best shot. Candance is still a little too new i think? Next game i can see her easily happening, or as a second indie rep.
This is a fascinating list. Someone like Madeline from Celeste would also be pretty cool. Reimu is just ridiculous enough yet iconic enough to really bring the hype. I'd be too busy laughing my ass off to pay attention.

I love how unknown the next fighter is. It really could be anyone.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

1. Elma with Sylvalum
2. Bandana Dee with (idk some Kirby stage)
3. Black Shadow with a new F-Zero stage
4. Octoling with MC.Princess Diaries (Final Fest Day 3 Shifty Station)
5. ????? No idea on the last one

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
This is a fascinating list. Someone like Madeline from Celeste would also be pretty cool. Reimu is just ridiculous enough yet iconic enough to really bring the hype. I'd be too busy laughing my *** off to pay attention.

A Touhou character would make Ultimate one step closer to Super Smash Bros Infinite!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
What would even be the general reaction of Reimu in Smash? I literally never heard people talking seriously about her outside of 4chan (and even on 4chan it's hard to say if they are serious or not).

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo Pass:

- Captain Toad
- Bandana Dee
- Aestral Chain Cop(s)
- Waluigi
- Chibi Robo

zferolie

Smash Hero
This is a fascinating list. Someone like Madeline from Celeste would also be pretty cool. Reimu is just ridiculous enough yet iconic enough to really bring the hype. I'd be too busy laughing my *** off to pay attention.

Reimu i think would bring so much amusing reactions haha. And yeah i do like how we basically have no idea who is going to be next. No rumors, no leaks, no vergeben, no datamined names. Nintendo is doing an amazing job keeping this a secret.

What would even be the general reaction of Reimu in Smash? I literally never heard people talking seriously about her outside of 4chan (and even on 4chan it's hard to say if they are serious or not).
She is one of my most wanted characters, but as a whole she is mostly known by fans of her games. I think a bunch of general gamers will be be like, "who?" For her more then they were for hero

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Sounds fun! If it did happen, I'd go with:

1. Waluigi, with a Waluigi Pinball stage
- pretty much explains itself, a fun, crazy character with a colorful stage and great music! Plus there's no such thing as too many Mario reps! XD

2. Dixie Kong, with a Tropical Freeze stage - I don't pick characters based on representation, but out of any plausible female I'd wanna see get in next it'd be Dixie Kong. Her ponytail alone has tons of moveset potential, plus another DK rep is always welcome! After K. Rool she's definitely next in line. Furthermore DK's only modern stage was removed (all of his Ultimate stages are from 64 and Melee). Tropical Freeze is a great game with fantastic music, and I think it could bring a ton to the game as a new stage, along with a rep stage for modern DK.

3. Bandana Waddle Dee, with Kirby 64 or Returns to Dreamland stage - I love him as a character, and Kirby definitely deserves more reps. He's the last member of the quartet that needs to be added, has tons of fan demand, and would be a good rep for both Modern Kirby and Kirby games in general outside the Sakurai Trio (Adventure, Dreamland 1, Super Star). Plus we don't have a Spear character yet and I think Bandana Dee would be a fun way to fill that niche!

4. Louie, with a Pikmin 2 stage with random layouts based on the game's caves - While he'd work best as an echo, he's also got plenty of potential for bug-based moves and general new abilities from Pikmin 2. Pikmin is always neglected by both Smash fans and the developers, and as a huge Pikmin fan I think this could definitely rectify that, while satisfying the Pikmin fanbase. Both existing Pikmin stages are based on Gardens, so a stage based on the game's caves with different themes and layouts would definitely stand out as an idea. There's also several Pikmin battle songs that have yet to make their way into the game, and this would be a fitting way to introduce them!

5. Skull Kid with Deku Palace as a stage, or Ruto with a Zora's Domain stage - as it stands Zelda really needs some more representation of its' own. I've never played the N64 Zeldas, but Skull Kid is a character with a lot of demand, and both would be a much more interesting way to represent the N64 games. Furthermore, Hyrule Warriors would be another easy source of inspiration in Ruto's case.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Nintendo Pass:

-Porky
-Bandana Dee
-Dixie Kong
-A Rhythm Heaven rep
-An Advance Wars rep

I think this would fill in some holes for series currently represented and not represented. Would give why Porky is currently nowhere to be seen in this game, would complete the Kirby and DK series’ representation, and would fulfill two of the last few series lacking fighter representation.

There are also a multitude of other first party candidates. Rex/Pyra, Elma, any major F-ZERO character, another Zelda villain maybe, a Three Houses Rep (preferably with an axe or not a sword), Sword/Shield Rep., Astral Chain...

The list goes on. Heck throw in Octoling as an Echo while we’re at it.

Then there’s also Assist Trophy upgrades, like Waluigi for example.

In other words, there’s a lot still that could be done with a Nintendo pass. Tried to list all the major/talked about ones somewhere on this post. Would like to see any of these really. (But Porky at the forefront as I’m sure you all know if you’ve read my posts.)

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master

I'm gonna go semi-realistic here:

1. Sword / Shield Pokemon.
2. Rex and Pyra / Mythra
3. Isaac
4. Porky
5. Astral Chain protagonist

Yeah, I wasn't really arguing against you. It's just that the state of Smash speculation lately really seems reduced to nothing but sales data and **** measuring contests. That's why a suggestion as ridicolous as Tracer (in my opinion) even gets seriously considered. But that's just... not how Ultimate has operated, at all.
When considering 3rd party franchises, Sakurai opted for bringing back stuff like Banjo-Kazooie and Castlevania, which are big sure, but mostly for passionate gamers. Same for Persona. They're not gonna go full "HOW YOU DOIN' FELLOW KIDS???", even if it would make more money, which I think it wouldn't anyways, because Smash just has another kind of audience.
No problem, I misread the situation.

In the end I'm just happy that newcomers aren't determined purely by sales and Sakurai holds mostly to his guns. Because hoo boy, otherwise we'd be getting some really wonky characters. I'm not talking just characters repping GTA. I'm talking stuff like Arena of Valor / Honor of Kings (its Chinese name). To delve a little deeper, AoV is "What if LoL was on mobile platforms?" (mostly Android /iOS, AoV has a now-discontinued Switch port.) It began life when Tencent* wanted Riot - its subsidiary - to develop LoL on mobile, and Riot refused. So yea, mobile LoL ripoff. With DC Comics characters (outside of China)! Riot wasn't particularily happy over that, especially not when it was brought over in the West.

That's not to say AoV is bad by any stretch - thing is, it amassed a huge following in the East. Enough to spark a massive backlash in China over gaming addiction. If I'd even hazard a guess an AoV character in Smash would make the Corrin backlash seem like the gentlest of breezes. While I don't get the (outsider-looking-in) impression AoV is a bad LoL ripoff, it would be the definition of a shill pick in my eyes.

I'm saying this as someone who would love a Dota 2 rep and actually wouldn't mind a LoL one.

*(I've talked about them alot here, especially with regards to the Switch's upcoming Chinese release which Tencent is helping Nintendo on. Yes, Tencent is directly involved with Nintendo nowadays. Generally they're comparable to Activision, except Tencent's way bigger - doesn't bother their subsidiaries most of the time, but has some shady practices themselves.)

(EDIT: I should stress, never played AoV, so I'm not gonna comment on the game's quality. That said, its origins and behind-the-scenes stuff really rubs me the wrong way from an outsider's perspective.)

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
You think if there's a Nintendo Pass and a Rhythm Paradise character STILL doesn't make it in, there was just some issue with making a fighter for the series?

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

1. Skull Kid
  2. Byleth (assuming their moveset involves a lot of whipsword moves)
  3. Masked Link
  4. Decloned Ganondorf
  5. Ephraim (or Dimitri)
Limiting myself to one character per franchise:
  1. Skull Kid
  2. Isaac
  3. Byleth (assuming their moveset involves a lot of whipsword moves)
  4. Sami
  5. Geno

Koopaul

Smash Champion
That comment can be worded multiple different ways. It's just poorly worded.
Well it has to mean something, otherwise why say it? If "new to the series" merely just means characters who have never been playable fighters in Smash, well no freaking duh! What an obvious things to say. Why even say it? So I assume he means characters who have never had a pressence in Smash at all. A character that is already an assist trophy in the game would not be "new to the series" the same way Joker, Hero, or Banjo are.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You think if there's a Nintendo Pass and a Rhythm Paradise character STILL doesn't make it in, there was just some issue with making a fighter for the series?
I dont get why its so hard, seen a lot of good fan made movesets.

Honestly, if we get a nintendo only season pass, i would like if all of them were from new franchises.

1. Rhythm girl from fhythm heaven.
2. Donbe and Hikari from Shin Onigashima
3. Ayumi from Famicom Detective
4. Andy and/or Sami from Advanced Wars
5. Ribbon Girl from ARMS or Style Savvy girl

Then maybe release free or cheaper echos at some point, 5 of them.

1. Medusa(Palutena)
2. Impa(Shiek)
3. Ms Pac Man(Pac Man)
4. Black Shadow(Captain Falcon plays like melee gandondorf)
5. Octoling(inkling)

Last pack i think could be a mix of adding to existing series and assist trophy upgrades.

1. Issac (golden sun)
2. Ashley(Wario)
3. Adeline (Kirby)
4. Porky(earthbound)
5. Dillon (Dillons rolling west)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Bold of you guys to assume Porky has a chance if spirits and especially ATs are okay to be DLC fighters.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Maybe, but it's hard to tell why they where cut from Smash 4 and why he didn't bring them back like with Chrom. Maybe Sakurai just change his mind and think that the franchise is not popular enough outside of Japan. I hope one day he will acknowledge the fact that they where cut and explain why in an interview or something, but I guess we will never know.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Assuming the 4chan posts are not just a guy lying, what are the odds the female character with a mecha is Mechanica from ARMS?
Seems doubtful. Is she even that popular among it? Isn't Twintelle the most popular as is after you remove any factors related to Spring Man and Ribbon Girl(that, I think Twintelle beats them out in popularity too).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'll take that over Dark Pit not properly being labeled as a Newcomer. -_-
He was probably still intended to be a costume when they first revealed him.

Seems doubtful. Is she even that popular among it? Isn't Twintelle the most popular as is after you remove any factors related to Spring Man and Ribbon Girl(that, I think Twintelle beats them out in popularity too).
I only really know what initial impressions were from the early days of ARMS, but back then Min Min and Twintelle were the most popular characters by far.

EDIT: Or at least had the most vocal fanbases due to the "waifu wars".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom