• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
How would you guys feel about this being the final four? Ryu Hayabusa, Gordon Freeman, Crash Bandicoot, and Dante. It's my crazy prediction atm, lol. Though Geno and Master Chief remain alternative picks.
Outside Freeman I think its entirely plausible and would be pretty popular overall.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
How would you guys feel about this being the final four? Ryu Hayabusa, Gordon Freeman, Crash Bandicoot, and Dante. It's my crazy prediction atm, lol. Though Geno and Master Chief remain alternative picks.
Hmm, I would like a more niche character in the pass. I'll personally swap Gordon for Arle. :p

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I would like this list but I might replace Hayabusa personally but if this was the final cut I would be happy

HL2 is my favorite game of all time
Crash is one of my most wanted
Dante would be very fun to play as

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This dude ranted for like, 10 - 15 minutes after Steve is revealed going "If you wanted Steve, you are clinically ill" and stuff like that. Got infamous and had to do the classic apology video.
That wasn't El Grande Padre di Jenos, that was Shokio, they don't even have the same skin colour so I'm wondering how you mixed that up.

Also El Grande Padre di Jenos also went "Guys I know Sakurai said he hates how people act like everything he does is a hint BUT HE TWEETED ABOUT MOTHER, NINTEN CONFIRMED?!?!?!?"

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
idk man, I just want Yuri Lowell more
duck
I get that some people might be upset, but a Frogger spirit is appropriate!

HE'S A LOSER

THIS IS PERFECT FOR HIM/s
duck
I feel fairly confident in there not being a Bandai Namco owned character in this pass.

I just feel like that, if we were getting a Namco character, they would of held the Heihachi and Gil costumes back for it. Some people will point at Akira and Jacky coming with Terry instead of Joker, but I think that's a different case because, at the very least, the VF costumes were shown off way after Joker happened. And Joker's pack was already really busy, and with two new full costume sets, two hats, and the return of the Tails/Knuckles outfit, so it made sense to hold off on the VF stuff until Terry (the fighting game character of the pass) was released.
goose

7NATOR

Smash Master
I still feel Dante ain't coming and that those tweets regarding him a few years back overhyped people to that conclusion. Plus, people also likely assumes this as well due to Bayonetta being in the game.
At the Least, I'm sure Dante was Considered for this game, and He'll Appear in Some Form (Mii costume or Playable Personally)

I've always said that whether Dante gets in depends on whether Sakurai and the team are Willing To Implement him. they could do that, but it would be alot of work and if there are other, Easier characters that can be Developed Dante might take a backseat unfortunately

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At the Least, I'm sure Dante was Considered for this game, and He'll Appear in Some Form (Mii costume or Playable Personally)

I've always said that whether Dante gets in depends on whether Sakurai and the team are Willing To Implement him. they could do that, but it would be alot of work and if there are other, Easier characters that can be Developed Dante might take a backseat unfortunately
I could also see a Spirit Event.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I should comment here instead of just character specific ones. So...

Ahri
I like the way you think

I think Velvet could honestly be censored like Bayonetta, they'd just have to make her top longer to cover up her underboob. There's reasons why she's not getting in but I think she can be done in a way that's for good boys and girls.
besides CERO only really rages at panties, or anything that can be perceived as a lack thereof like with Mai. Velvet wears shorts

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think Velvet could honestly be censored like Bayonetta, they'd just have to make her top longer to cover up her underboob. There's reasons why she's not getting in but I think she can be done in a way that's for good boys and girls.
you are ignore her short ass "pants"

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I WISH it actually was crazy.

osby

Smash Obsessed

After Min Min and Steve, it'll take a lot to convince me that the developers are shying away from complicated characters.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I WISH it actually was crazy.
Well, Gordon is the craziest part. He's my darkhorse pick. And if Doomguy and Master Chief can't be in, then Gordon would be a good FPS rep. But if rumors are true, we know Nintendo has talked with Valve and specifically wanted a Half-Life game on Switch. That was probably canceled, but not necessarily. It could have been held back because of Alyx. If Nintendo really wants Valve stuff on their console, then maybe Smash would be a good starting point. Or maybe part of the deal with the new Switch game. or something to that effect. Though I'd also love there to be a collection of Half-Life and Portal games as well. In general, though, Half-Life and Valve seem well respected in Japan. They did get content in both Death Stranding and Final Fantasy XV after all. Maybe that respect is enough to get Gordon in Smash?

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Or Agumon.
I Imagine if he got in, Requests for Goku will shoot up since Many people are only Familiar with the Digimon Anime

After Min Min and Steve, it'll take a lot to convince me that the developers are shying away from complicated characters.
There's different level's of Complexity

Like I still think we'll get Complex Characters, but Min-Min, Steve, and Dante are different Characters and have different situations pertaining to them. As such I think just because they were willing to Do Min-Min and Stvee, Doesn't mean they'll go ahead and do Dante, because he has his Own Issues, with regards to Balancing, How Much Animating they got to do, just even figuring out a Control Scheme for him in Smash, and if they might have to Make a New model (since Min-Min's and Steve's Models were Ported)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
He's saying he would be just as disappointed at that being the rest of the pass as he was with those two.
Tbh I wasn’t THAT disappointed with Kencineroar

but yeah, I’d be disappointed if that was it too. I like Dante and Crash but... I don’t think they appeal that much to me Smash wise

and try as I might I can’t get into the Hayabusa hype. It’s just not for me

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With each FP2 fighter taking approximately 11 months, they probably would keep up with Steve-tier dev cycles just so the end of the pass is indeed by December 2021.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Dante's too complex, there's no way Sakurai would accurately incorporate everything he can do."

That's right. He won't.
Just like Bayonetta doesn't have:
  • Animal Transformations
  • Torture Attacks
  • Dodge Offsetting
  • Different Weapon Combinations
  • Switching said weapons
  • Aerial Wicked Weaves
  • Literally all of Bayonetta's Accessory effects
And that's off the top of my head.

And maybe it's just me, but I don't see anyone complaining that Bayonetta isn't an accurate or faithful portrayal of the character.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So that treehouse thing is in less than an hour right?

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
Tbh I wasn’t THAT disappointed with Kencineroar

but yeah, I’d be disappointed if that was it too. I like Dante and Crash but... I don’t think they appeal that much to me Smash wise

and try as I might I can’t get into the Hayabusa hype. It’s just not for me
It's not just that. I like surprises, and when the majority of people predicts multiple in a row it kinda takes it out of it. If I got 4 of my wanted in a row it would be kind of weird. It's nice to get what you want, but it's also nice to get exposed to new things.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
In the spirit of keeping up the complicated character streak and reaching out the PC gamers, the next fighter will be from MechWarrior.

The Sakurai Presents to explain the character will approximately 2 hours.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's not just that. I like surprises, and when the majority of people predicts multiple in a row it kinda takes it out of it. If I got 4 of my wanted in a row it would be kind of weird. It's nice to get what you want, but it's also nice to get exposed to new things.
Many of my most wanted are less predicted, I don’t expect to get more than two of them realistically (if I got most of them I’d be over the moon tho) so the last four being characters I personally don’t care much for that everyone and their mom predicted would take the wind out of my sails

but I get what you mean

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom