• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Likely =/= will be, not to mention Sakurai also stated in the Min Min reveal "there are at least five more." We can play the game of 'what Sakurai said' in circles, but ultimately it's not a direct answer (no pun intended).
This is one of those things where I can see it go 50/50. Sakurai may want to do other projects or may think there's enough content for Smash Ultimate as is once Fighters Pass 2 is done. On the other hand, it's likely gonna be a long while until we get a new Smash game and it'll likely never reach the heights Ultimate put up and depending on the sales of FP2, I can see maybe one more surprise pass or one or two post-pass characters. It ultimately depends on a lot of factors here.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So uh... I'm a big Sora fan and I have bad news: Oof Ouchie

Not a fun day of Smash stuff for me.
What I have learned after all these years of Smash Speculation'n'shiet and even being in this Insider circle
Never believe someone who claim to know why plan fell through unless they are an actual big source.

No offense, but he even claim that it's "the only stuff he knows" about the fighter pass and keep claiming that Geno is coming, already sus in my books

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am just gonna say don't do this to yourself, by the end of 2021 when the pass is expected is to be completed, Sakurai will have been working on Smash for roughly 10 years straight at that point. Just assume FP2 is gonna be the end of Ultimate and be surprise if turns out not to be the case.
I'm not assuming there will be another pass- absolutely I agree with this. Overexpecting is generally a recipe for dissatisfaction in much of life.

Yet, I'm not saying we are done either. We get what we get, and that's why I do my best to appreciate each character.... though one of these things was not like the other.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
So do you guys see Lara Croft as more feasible now? We finally got a major western third-party in Smash and she's owned by Square Enix (also being their third biggest franchise right behind Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy).
Lara is probably up there with Mario and Master Chief when it comes to iconic video game characters. Wouldn't even be slightly surprised if she got in.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The skins are like I thought, it's 3 of Steve, 3 of Alex, and then 1 of Zombie and Enderman.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Steve negotiations starting 3 years ago doesn't mean each DLC character has been decided 3 years ago. I mean... we have Min Min, and 3 years ago ARMS was barely a thing.
Yeah if anything its more likely negotations for Steve were initially for the base roster, but fail apart for whatever reason, but pick back up just after FP2 got the greenlight. Which I think Imran one time said happened around the time of E3 2019 was when the decision was made to make a second fighters pass.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I do think Mario is a lot of less likely after Mario direct, but Pokemon is still on the table since next year is the 25th anniversary.
This I did not know...I still don't think one is very likely, but it might actually be worth watching out for what The Pokémon Company's plans for it.

Geno's out of the running? Mind explaining? :p
Yes.

OK I'm kidding, but given the counterarguments, I am reconsidering this opinion, and it might take a day or two for me to actually finalize my thoughts on the matter. If you're curious though, I have stated my reasoning before (it's probably on a previous page).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This I did not know...I still don't think one is very likely, but it might actually be worth watching out for what The Pokémon Company's plans for it.

Yes.

OK I'm kidding, but given the counterarguments, I am reconsidering this opinion, and it might take a day or two for me to actually finalize my thoughts on the matter. If you're curious though, I have stated my reasoning before (it's probably on a previous page).
Well, there's so many posts after the minecraft reveal, I'm not gonna sift through to find them :p I was just curious why you thought he was.

D

Deleted member

I am sure FP2's employers are going to be quite happy after this. I can see the money flowing.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Geno's out of the running, and was unlikely to begin with. I wouldn't say he was the most unlikely choice (that'd be Crono or Neku...probably Crono), but he definitely wasn't on the level of 2B or Lara Croft.
I think Geno was always destined to be an upgraded Mii costume- and I still think that this is coming. Maybe even Saturday.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kinda curious. Do you think Alex is an echo given the site has Steve/Alex? Perhaps kinda like a switch between Pokemon Trainer or duo like Ice Climbers, Rosalina & Luma, Duck Hunt and Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, Echoes like Daisy are pretty much skins too, so I'm personally considering these guys honorary Echos like I do with Alph.
I guess, but it's just 1 skin for the zombie and enderman. A least Alex got 3 skins, which I'm glad about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom