• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's a fake leak, we are just hitting a wall.

The leak is fake, its no use.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Whatever the legitimacy, I certainly would be happy with this. I've not played OW, but I love when a huge character gets into the game. I would love what this would mean for Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...How could the contract be signed over recently these few months? The contracts and negotiations were done in November 2019. It's beyond blatantly fake by its own terrible wording.

Never mind other red flags, but this is the killer of it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Guy is saying he got a meating with Sakurai.

No.
To be fair, I don't think he's saying he met with Sakurai. I think he's saying the Overwatch dev team met with Sakurai.

But he's still a pair of clown shoes because he says this is based on the performance of Overwatch on Switch, which wouldn't have been really an observable thing until... maybe November of last year. Meanwhile the recording of additional fighters was made in June of that year, and even if all six weren't selected yet, I have to imagine at least the first two were well before Overwatch even came to the platform.

This story makes no sense.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
...How could the contract be signed over recently these few months? The contracts and negotiations were done in November 2019. It's beyond blatantly fake by its own terrible wording.

Never mind other red flags, but this is the killer of it.
Not to mention that this scenario would mean that Nintendo started working on the fighter long before the contract was finished, which would be beyond idiotic for them to do.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
SmashBoards is lagging hard for me.

Did the fake leak cause this?
The image was posted quite a few times so that's probably why. We're on a new page now, so refresh and you should be fine.

EDIT: I say this, but she'd have to refresh the page to see it anyway, making it either moot because the problem would be fixed before she sees this or incorrect because that wasn't the problem.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not to mention that this scenario would mean that Nintendo started working on the fighter long before the contract was finished, which would be beyond idiotic for them to do.
That too. But proof of concept can be done before the actual contracts are made.

Either way, he outed himself by not at least researching the finalization of the second pass. Now, if he really stupidly worded it and somehow meant early year as in 2019... it's not entirely impossible. More slots were found not that long after the first month, but I'm pretty sure the context is clear here.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That too. But proof of concept can be done before the actual contracts are made.

Either way, he outed himself by not at least researching the finalization of the second pass. Now, if he really stupidly worded it and somehow meant early year as in 2019... it's not entirely impossible. More slots were found not that long after the first month, but I'm pretty sure the context is clear here.
Nah, he said it was decided based on Overwatch's Switch performance, which meant it couldn't have plausibly gone through before November 2019.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, he said it was decided based on Overwatch's Switch performance, which meant it couldn't have plausibly gone through before November 2019.
Which doesn't fit the narrative of what Sakurai said.

Unless finalized didn't mean the contracts for the characters, but "who we want". I don't remember the exact wording, but I thought Sakurai was saying they had all the legalities done by November 2019.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sits in the corner silently wishing that fake leaks involving Blizzard would be their actual flagship IP and not some dying FPS
As much as I would kill for playable Tracer and Overwatch Spirit Battles, I would kill hundred times over for playable Thrall, Diablo, or Kerrigan. Like...I would make the lands of Azeroth run red with blood if it meant getting any one of them in Smash. I could even settle for the Lost Vikings. Actually, that would be really awesome now that I think about it...

Sadly, Blizzard has soured my reception to them after the whole Hearthstone controversy.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Which doesn't fit the narrative of what Sakurai said.

Unless finalized didn't mean the contracts for the characters, but "who we want". I don't remember the exact wording, but I thought Sakurai was saying they had all the legalities done by November 2019.
I mean, I think it's total bull****, but did Sakurai say that? I only know of him saying all of FP2 was decided in the Byleth presentation in January.

I know in November 2018 he said all of FP1 was decided.

D

Deleted member

I have a question.

So I am a slow gamer. It can take me 200 hours just to beat a game.

I have not played much games as a result. Does this make me uncultured, and am I wrong for this?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
This August, didn't the Overwatch director say he wants Tracer in Smash? If that's the case then Overwatch is definitely not in Smash.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I have a question.

I have not played much games as a result. Does this make me uncultured, and am I wrong for this?
Ha, no.

There is no required gaming list for people to become "real" gamers. It's entertainment. There is no moral ground to be had in partaking, positive or negative (except in rare cases, but you generally don't have to worry about those).

I mean, I say Thrall but I would totally be fine with any Warcraft character wether it be Grommish, Slyvanas, Athras/Lich King, Illidan, Kael’thas, or Jaina.
I'd hope for the Lich King because that's the face and name I recognize most (though I think Sylvanos is the chick on the cover of vanilla WoW).

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Also, I just don't like Blizzard after they unfairly punished Blitzchung.
I’ve been a Blizzard player since like the first Warcraft and have been playing their games since then. So what they did felt like a stab in the heart and further evidence that they are solely losing what they had in “ages past”. That being said, I’m careful where I spend my money and I haven’t purchased any more Blizzard related content (also because I no longer play WoW or Overwatch) but I still support and look forward to what they put out. Old habits die hard and I highly doubt I could tear myself away from Nintendo if they also do some thing controversial or unethical in the future.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, I think it's total bull****, but did Sakurai say that? I only know of him saying all of FP2 was decided in the Byleth presentation in January.

I know in November 2018 he said all of FP1 was decided.
I honestly remember it being also November 2019(or it was September 2019. I mean, this was months on end ago). My memory isn't the best. I'm going to keep looking. There's a reasonable chance I simply misremembered a statement or whatever, heh.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I honestly remember it being also November 2019(or it was September 2019. I mean, this was months on end ago). My memory isn't the best. I'm going to keep looking. There's a reasonable chance I simply misremembered a statement or whatever, heh.
I think it was because Byleth’s showcase was recorded in November, shown in January.
September 2019 was when more DLC was announced.

Shroob

Sup?
I’ve been a Blizzard player since like the first Warcraft and have been playing their games since then. So what they did felt like a stab in the heart and further evidence that they are solely losing what they had in “ages past”. That being said, I’m careful where I spend my money and I haven’t purchased any more Blizzard related content (also because I no longer play WoW or Overwatch) but I still support and look forward to what they put out. Old habits die hard and I highly doubt I could tear myself away from Nintendo if they also do some thing controversial or unethical in the future.
Same, same.

Hell, a lot of what I'm into lately has been going through the exact same **** as what happened to Blizz, but I'm glad the fans aren't willing to just lay down and take this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it was because Byleth’s showcase was recorded in November, shown in January.
September 2019 was when more DLC was announced.
Yeah, that makes sense. An assumption based upon events that spiraled out of control.

Welp, there you go. Whoops. My bad, heh.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, it's not very good business to be developing something while you're still negotiating it.

We know Nintendo does things well in advance. The talks with Rare began not a few months before Banjo's release, but about fifteen months prior. Even the music was done about seven months beforehand.

If Nintendo was still negotiating for a character in 2020, that character is not going to show up next. That's crazy.
To me it's not a big enough difference to outright say they can't do it during that time. Also it depends what they mean by 'finalizing'. But still, the claim lowers the credibility of the leak, but still possible they managed to focus efforts enough to make it happen.

The one more thing that goes against it though is that there was also the lockdown to deal with, which should theoretically make it take longer to work on the character.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, that gave us a few minutes of laugh, if nothing else.

Guess we just wait for the news tomorrow

Granted, if you've kept up with the datamine, you kinda know what to expect due to Gamefreak proving themselves to be incompetent to scrub files sooo.....

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Guy is saying he got a meating with Sakurai.

No.
"I said", not "I ended up getting a meeting"

Nothing wrong with not taking a leak at face value, but I mean comeon, you still have to entertain it enough to give it proper credit, or else there's nothing intresting to talk about, lol.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To change the topic, which three characters do you think are the most likely for CP7?
1. Monster Hunter
2. Dante
3. Crash

I have a question.

Not to make disparage your concerns but this isn’t something that should bother you. We all have our own gaming pace and issues when it comes with gaming. If someone thinks you are “uncultured” for not playing much games, then they need to re-evaluate their lives. I mean, I only have 4 games for my Switch lol. That’s Smash, Animal Crossing, SwSh, and Fortnite and that’s mostly due to a lack of time and money. I only do 30 minutes of gaming when I wake up at 5 am before I have to start prepping for the day. The rest of my free time is...Smashboards lol. Or watching Netflix.

That being said, I do think people need to branch out of their comfort zone and try other games. Like those who don’t want to play JRPG’s our or principal or Smashers who refuse to try a traditional fighting game “due to reasons.” If you have the chance to try a game, try it - even if you don’t like the genre. Like “I don’t want to play Final Fantasy 7 because Cloud is a depressed anime trope.” is just a poor excuse. Being a slow gamer is perfectly understandable and justifiable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom