• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that GameFAQs person is real sus. Nobody in their right mind with a job where you know that much would just post it online like that, they're on an NDA. Also only a few people are privy to everything.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Can't because you don't know how

Or can't because it's privated?

If it's the latter, that's hella sus.
Can’t because it’s private... or the person hasn’t posted in 15 years.
Then again I’m not privy to that site so why am I doing this again?
And with the post gone, I guess I can be set free.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oops, I shoulda screen shotted it.
What was the user's name again? I did copy the text but not the name.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Haven’t we learned by now that these “leaks” that go into so much detail about everything are literally always fake? No legitimate leaker has ever gone into detail about the reveal trailer or how the character plays or etc. They just know who the character is. No more, no less. Another total bs leak
I mean, Loz13's initial leaks, which were the accurate ones, fully described Inkling's moveset last I checked

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Some people have access, it's not impossible. Doesn't mean someone has to believe it. But this one's interesting to me.

So what was the username of the poster?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sometimes it seems like these people just joined the Smash community yesterday
Strange thing is the account that made it was made in 2005. With about 2,000 post karma (again, I don’t know how that site works).
As you mention they could be a newcomer to the Smash scene and wanted a piece of the pie.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only way the person would know this much about the fighter is if they had seen the entire presentation.

Not only that, but they also apparently know when the contracts were signed. And not only that, but apparently the contracts weren't signed until early this year, despite the character not being FP11, or FP10, but a character that presumably would've had work begun on them... concurrently when this person is claiming negotiations were still happening.

Let's put aside that the acquisition for FP7's content would've been completed well before covid hit for a sec and just think as to how many people would actually know not only the entire contents of the presentation, but also when the negotiations took place.

Now, this guy is a longtime user, and apparently he's leaked Blizzard stuff before, but unless this guy's source is Jeff Kaplan himself, I think this is all

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don’t remember that at all, but I mean their moveset feels like it would be pretty easy for anyone to guess.
Hell no, no way does someone simply correctly guess an entire moveset, especially one that has a unique 5th special move and has more close-range normals than anyone would have expected as Splatoon clearly screamed zoner moveset to everyone. Though it's missing the point, highly detailed leaks aren't fake just because they're highly detailed, ****, the DMCV leaks were highly detailed yet all but one thing ended up being true then too. I agree that this is most likely fake, but being detailed isn't a reason why

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The only way the person would know this much about the fighter is if they had seen the entire presentation.

Not only that, but they also apparently know when the contracts were signed. And not only that, but apparently the contracts weren't signed until early this year, despite the character not being FP11, or FP10, but a character that presumably would've had work begun on them... concurrently when this person is claiming negotiations were still happening.

Let's put aside that the acquisition for FP7's content would've been completed well before covid hit for a sec and just think as to how many people would actually know not only the entire contents of the presentation, but also when the negotiations took place.

Now, this guy is a longtime user, and apparently he's leaked Blizzard stuff before, but unless this guy's source is Jeff Kaplan himself, I think this is all
I admit knowing the contract sign time, and how long it can take to make a character, makes it a little more iffy, though i guess they'd still have time to work on the character in one year. I guess they could have legit ties to blizzard too

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Considering Banjo's had his initial discussions and started development a year before his release, I'm a little skeptical that Tracer's wouldn't have had discussions started earlier and have been done and developed within less time. Especially with a potentially smaller team and with COVID in mind since it did mess with production to at least some extent.

Last edited:
Hell no, no way does someone simply correctly guess an entire moveset, especially one that has a unique 5th special move and has more close-range normals than anyone would have expected as Splatoon clearly screamed zoner moveset to everyone. Though it's missing the point, highly detailed leaks aren't fake just because they're highly detailed, ****, the DMCV leaks were highly detailed yet all but one thing ended up being true then too. I agree that this is most likely fake, but being detailed isn't a reason why
Does anyone have proof of him supposedly leaking their moveset? Because I have never heard of that being a thing that happened. And we’re not talking about DMCV, we’re talking about Smash. All I’m saying is every single “leak” I’ve ever seen that sat there and went into detail describing the reveal trailer and whatnot has ALWAYS turned out to be fake. Every single time

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I admit knowing the contract sign time, and how long it can take to make a character, makes it a little more iffy, though i guess they'd still have time to work on the character in one year. I guess they could have legit ties to blizzard tho
I mean, it's not very good business to be developing something while you're still negotiating it.

We know Nintendo does things well in advance. The talks with Rare began not a few months before Banjo's release, but about fifteen months prior. Even the music was done about seven months beforehand.

If Nintendo was still negotiating for a character in 2020, that character is not going to show up next. That's crazy.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Also note the manipulative "other leakers are vague as poop, but I wouldn't do that to you guys" that precedes the "leak".

It gets boring discussing clearly fake leaks.
My boy, thi-aw forget it this is like the 3rd time someone made this joke.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Does anyone have proof of him supposedly leaking their moveset? Because I have never heard of that being a thing that happened. And we’re not talking about DMCV, we’re talking about Smash. All I’m saying is every single “leak” I’ve ever seen that sat there and went into detail describing the reveal trailer and whatnot has ALWAYS turned out to be fake. Every single time
I'm not savvy enough about Gamefaqs to find a specfic user and grab their post history put the entire reason people believed him was because he showed he was worth listening to with correct info, the story's that he got caught and then faked Skull Kid to drum up Skill Kid demand.

I mentioned the DMCV leaks as they too were incredibly detailed.

That just means that fakes tend to be detailed, not that all detailed leaks are fake as a result. This is like saying that because restaurants that closed down because of frequent food poisonong, that every restaurant that closed down did so for the exact same reason

D

Deleted member

To change the topic, which three characters do you think are the most likely for CP7?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom