• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With the AC update I guess that leaves us with a Tuesday announcement next week for a presentation happening on Thursday. The only way I don't see that happening is if Pokemon practices their heel role once again to laugh at Smash fans and feast on their despair.
Or it turns out there's YET ANOTHER game to shadowdrop. They're probably planning Welcome Back Boxboy for next week, followed by Chibi-Robo: We Don't Know What to Do With This Franchise So Uhh Labo I Guess for the following week.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Just realized I am going to be in school while this Smash presentation happens... 😭
You think that's bad, once you're out of school and get a job, or go to college in the summer, they will never not have their presentations when you can't watch them.

Or it turns out there's YET ANOTHER game to shadowdrop. They're probably planning Welcome Back Boxboy for next week, followed by Chibi-Robo: We Don't Know What to Do With This Franchise So Uhh Labo I Guess for the following week.
Well...You at least don't have to worry about the Chibi-Robo game happening. Though a Chibi-Robo game for the Nintendo Labo stuff might be pretty decent.

Whatever happened to Nintendo Labo anyway? Did it not catch on?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Just realized I am going to be in school while this Smash presentation happens... 😭
At least, the quality of a Direct isn't affected by whether you specifically can watch it live or not.

I've had that curse since 2017, with the E3s being the sole exceptions to that pattern.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Pikmin 3 Deluxe is also coming out next month so Nintendo might want to promote that too.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
At least, the quality of a Direct isn't affected by whether you specifically can watch it live or not.

I've had that curse since 2017, with the E3s being the sole exceptions to that pattern.
No, but it is less hype imo, and it's really difficult to avoid spoilers. Makes me glad that I don't have set hours right now, so I can just do whatever so long as I get everything done.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And besides, considering that FP2 is struggling in sales that ad might have been put there just to get more people to buy it.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Next week or the week after I'm calling.

If Pokemon next week then its the week after.
Pokemon Crown Tundra happening next week feels pretty likely to me, because it's technically more "time sensitive" than Smash due to having to be out by November, I think. Still would prefer Smash coming first, because Crown Tundra would still have plenty of room for its own time in the spotlight before coming out in November.

Check this out.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I pick Klonoa, Geno, Crash Bandicoot, Travis Touchdown and Phoenix Wright.
Out of all those... Geno, Crash, Bandana Waddle Dee, Phoenix Wright, and Rex.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Actually, I think it's just Granblue Fantasy. As far as I know, they haven't made any plans to release the game in Europe even though it's already in English, which likely means they're happy with their current playerbase, which means they certainly wouldn't care enough to promote it with a fighter.
True, and other the Fate Grand Order ot is the longest running and most successful gatcha game right now.

Check this out.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I pick Klonoa, Geno, Crash Bandicoot, Travis Touchdown and Phoenix Wright.
No shantae makes me sad, but still a bunch of characters i want. Gonna go with Reimu, Rex, Crash, Arle, and KOSMOS

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And besides, considering that FP2 is struggling in sales that ad might have been put there just to get more people to buy it.
Not gonna work since the reason it's struggling is because we know only a sixth of it after 8 months.

Though one thing people overlook is how the ads have a 50/50 track record. Only Hero and Byleth actually got their dates predicted with these ads, iirc.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Not gonna work since the reason it's struggling is because we know only a sixth of it after 8 months.

Though one thing people overlook is how the ads have a 50/50 track record. Only Hero and Byleth actually got their dates predicted with these ads, iirc.
Yeah. It's not a guarantee that we will see a fighter soon, but some people have put their hopes extremely high thanks to the ad and Amiibo Theory.

D

Deleted member

A part of me thinks Rex is very likely, but a part of me isn't really feeling Rex's chances either.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So, since we got something at 9am, does that mean we don't need to wait for anything to be announced at 10 or will there still be something?

D

Deleted member

An FGO character would be amazing because a) I like FGO and b) the announcement would make the Smash community go completely feral
I can hear the "ANOTHER ANIME CHARACTER???" complaints from eighty four kilometers away.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Phoenix Wright is my most wanted character that I feel like has a decent shot.

I'm skeptical on Steve's chances, and I have a higher chance of winning the lottery than the Terrarian getting in.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Check this out.
Hmmm, there are a lot of interesting characters here.
Top 5 Wants:
  1. Amaterasu
  2. Rex & Pyra/Mythra
  3. Bandana Waddle Dee
  4. Lloyd
  5. Crono
Would be Cool:
  • Dante
  • Master Chief
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Crash
  • Klonoa
  • Reimu
  • Geno
  • KOS-MOS
  • Ragna
  • Morrigan
  • Don-Chan
  • Monster Hunter
  • 2B
  • Ryu
  • Rayman
  • Lara
  • Agumon
  • Paper Mario
Not Interested:
  • Gex
  • Conker
  • Sora
  • Dig Dug
  • Neku
  • Hyde
  • Arle
It is pretty bizarre to think Crown Tundra is already approaching.
Winter is coming!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If that's the case, the latest we could see FP7 is the middle of October.

Unless miraclely Nintendo decides to pull something out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom