• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Obviously it's because Elma's not getting in Smash, why wouldn't he play it otherwise :4pacman:
Nah but for real, I think it's because X is very likely to get a deluxe re-release on the Switch sometime down the line, probably in a few years...
Oh goodness. Having to scrap and redo Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team is one thing. But having to do that with Xenoblade Chronicles X? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
He explained it on Twitter.

I guess I can see his reasoning... I do hope that port happens then

SharkLord

Smash Hero
At least people might finally realize XC2 is like the best game ever, far more superior than its predecessor :4pacman: (I'm not joking btw)
I'm considering it. From what I can gather, XC1 was consistent, while XC2 is a hot-and-cold game that improves on some things and falters on others, so I'm reserving judgement for now. That, and the fact that I went into XC1 unprepared for just how big a game it was, so I'm wary of any big JRPGs in the future.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
He explained it on Twitter.

Makes sense, its online is dead in terms player base and some of its features no longer work and its basically the last Wii U exclusive that has a realistic chance of being ported the Switch. Better just hold out for a port to revive the online, fix some of the game's problems and possibly add new content.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Alright, good ole fashion question time!

What is your “most” most wanted character in Smash Bros? Like... the one character, that above all else, you want in the game more than any other.

For me personally, While Young Wizard from Wizard101 is high up there in terms of my wants list(well really it’s the only reasonable one outta the bunch) I would be estactic if literally anything Bushiroad got in(I imagine a Bushiroad character would be Blaster Blade or Chronojet Dragon)

Like, a card game character has always been pretty high on my wants, but I really feel that a Bushi character would be way more interesting than just simply slapping an MtG planeswalker or Dark Magician into the game and calling it a day. Like... you have your generic sword boys... but with lazer swords(The Blasters) Fiery apoloyptic dragons(Overlord and all his various evolutions and possible future forms) but then you have some out there concepts... like bug mafia(Megacolony) Football but there’s no rules(Spike Brothers) and nom nom canabalistic cyborgs dinos(Tachikaze)
There’s a lot of content you could add with just a single Bushiroad character, although reality slaps me in the face and says it’s not happening because no anime.

:terryhat: But that’s all I gots to say about that.
Estelle Bright from Trails In The Sky. I've already shouted this name enough so you are probably sick of it. She would be a completely unique fighter she has Magic and a Bo-staff and not to mention how much the music slaps.

D

Deleted member

My gut is telling me Monster Hunter is FP7.

Remember Dragon Quest XI S?

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
What part of Byleth's chain sword usage would that wirebug not be capable of doing?
Hmm...

To answer that question, we'll have to dig deep into Wirebug biology. How sharp is the silk, how sticky is the bug, how does the bug feel about being a melee weapon, that sort of stuff. If there's any Wirebug experts you know of, please do contact them. This will require an extensive undertaking and a lot of research.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
My gut is telling me Monster Hunter is FP7.

Remember Dragon Quest XI S?
I personally agree with 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus 's reasoning that they'd be the 8th character to better coincide with the release date of the game assuming they're any of the DLC characters.

Hmm...

To answer that question, we'll have to dig deep into Wirebug biology. How sharp is the silk, how sticky is the bug, how does the bug feel about being a melee weapon, that sort of stuff. If there's any Wirebug experts you know of, please do contact them. This will require an extensive undertaking and a lot of research.
I know all the knowledge you seek. But before I can answer your questions, we must first talk about parallel universes...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
F-tilt, U-tilt, D-tilt, U-Smash, Jab
So quite a lot
So... you think the wirebug is incapable of being swung around above your head?

That's uh... quite the dearth of imagination there.

And I was talking about the chain sword parts. The sword parts can obviously be handled by... a sword.

Shroob

Sup?
This might seem weird, but how likely would a Disgaea rep be? The fact that 6 is apparently Switch-exclusive (at least in the US) makes me suspicious we might be sleeping on someone...
I'd legit laugh, considering Nippon Ichi has been blown off soo many times as being "Too Niche" in this thread.

Prinny time, dood.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So... you think the wirebug is incapable of being swung around above your head?

That's uh... quite the dearth of imagination there.

And I was talking about the chain sword parts. The sword parts can obviously be handled by... a sword.
The wirebug is used for mobility options and not for attacking. Like at best I can see it as a replica of Byleth's Up B, but no way can that tiny little bugling actually harm anyone. And besides it doesn't make sense to use it for attacking when we have actual weapons to use instead.

D

Deleted member

This might seem weird, but how likely would a Disgaea rep be? The fact that 6 is apparently Switch-exclusive (at least in the US) makes me suspicious we might be sleeping on someone...
Why is the PS4 version exclusive to Japan?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The wirebug is used for mobility options and not for attacking. Like at best I can see it as a replica of Byleth's Up B, but no way can that tiny little bugling actually harm anyone. And besides it doesn't make sense to use it for attacking when we have actual weapons to use instead.
I dunno, I feel like a Wirebug would eventually develop a murderous intent towards it's handler after being slammed into the tough hide of a Rathalos one too many times.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Why is the PS4 version exclusive to Japan?
Wait that is weird. It can't be that they don't think the west's Playstation audience wouldn't buy it enough to bother localizing it 'cuz the game's already localized. A digital only release might make a bit of sense, but a region locked console exclusive for a localized game?

Maybe there's some sort of oddly specific contract with Sony they have to adhere to which makes them unable to make a true console exclusive, but they want to make one anyway?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I've never been a huge follower of Chugga but it's nice to see him covering XC2 now. Hopefully he can show off the game in a more positive light to the people who weren't entirely fond of it.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to Rex and Pyra in Smash. :4pacman:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I personally agree with 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus 's reasoning that they'd be the 8th character to better coincide with the release date of the game assuming they're any of the DLC characters.
Keep in mind - if we get a reveal around now, that leaves 4 characters to 2021 - 1 every 3 months. That makes CP8 March/April... which is close to MH's release.

That's pretty much why I'm going with this. I guess it could also be CP9 - around June/July as an E3-timed reveal. It would make sense too.

Here's the thing: I'm still not 100% sold on a MH character happening. I guess it could be seen as an "ARMS situation", with some base game content, but Sakurai/Nintendo might have wanted a playable character, so DLC is a good way to remedy that.

But then again, I'd argue base game MH content was relatively more substantial than base game ARMS content was. Maybe they're satisfied with it that way, or maybe we'll see a Smash Bros Ultimate X Monster Hunter Rise For The Nintendo Switch (TM). Time will tell with this one.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I've never been a huge follower of Chugga but it's nice to see him covering XC2 now. Hopefully he can show off the game in a more positive light to the people who weren't entirely fond of it.
I got through most of the game, but I might just start over and play along. The extra explanations of game mechanics might help me enjoy the game more, particularly with the gacha mechanics, Poppi, and how to make Morág and Zeke not worse versions of Torra and Rex respectively.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
1600381005012.png

Arle is a Ryu echo confirmed

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, come on now. There's an attack where the AC characters pluck weeds.

I know people don't want to get behind any idea that supports the general notion of Hunter over Byleth, but you have to concede that saying an item we've barely seen can't be operated in an unorthodox way in Smash is deliberately looking past at least a dozen examples that fly in the face of non-weapons being made weapons somewhere on the roster.

I mean, are Fire Hydrants normally things you drop out of the sky on to people? Bacon is meant for eating, not flinging in others' faces. Rocket heels are made for mobility, but the jets ignite in characters' faces. The Inkling's super jump is strictly a mobility maneuver in Splatoon, but here it's also an attack. Rest blows characters up, never seen that in Pokemon. Moreover, Withdraw just makes you withdraw, it doesn't send you hurtling across the battlefield. And I'm unaware of Wario's flatulence being played up for anything but comedy prior to Brawl. Characters take damage from a cardboard box lightly falling on them. I could go on.

We've come a bit too far to argue against liberties being taken in character implementation.

But, the argument is not would it be implemented that way. I didn't say that, I don't think they would be. Especially now that Byleth is in the game, they would take steps to differentiate the characters even more. It's could it be implemented that way. And obviously the wirebug could serve the function as the chain part of the chain sword.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well funny you mention that because...

Up Smash anyone?

Besides, it's not like Smash has used unconventional tools in unintended ways for attacks.

Note: This is not me endorsing similarities between Byleth and Monster Hunter, just disagreeing with the notion of non-combat tools being unable to be used for attacks.

Last edited:

hinode

Smash Cadet
That's the best part with Capcom.
You can't really go wrong with a character unless you go for like... Steve Burnside lmao
History has proven that it is in fact possible to go wrong with Capcom. Horribly wrong, even.

Be thankful that the Smash roster is selected by people with infinitely better taste than the following examples:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Wait that is weird. It can't be that they don't think the west's Playstation audience wouldn't buy it enough to bother localizing it 'cuz the game's already localized. A digital only release might make a bit of sense, but a region locked console exclusive for a localized game?

Maybe there's some sort of oddly specific contract with Sony they have to adhere to which makes them unable to make a true console exclusive, but they want to make one anyway?
Well maybe I have the problem with Sony since many small Japanese studios complained that Sony policies and this is not the first game that passes a game called Mary Skelter 2 released in Japan for ps4 and switch but only the switch version was I locate the rest of the world

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"Byleth's moveset could work for The Hunter*" and "Byleth's moveset doesn't invalidate The Hunter because the Hunter has so much more to offer" are both true statements that can coexist.

*Now that we know there's a proper whip-style tool

History has proven that it is in fact possible to go wrong with Capcom. Horribly wrong, even.

Be thankful that the Smash roster is selected by people with infinitely better taste than the following examples:

Damn it's almost like there's a second half to that sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom