• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Just like how Crash was CP6 and Dante was CP5

Hey, wait a minute?!
You already did, by saying something is going happen without any proof in regards to a pretty divisive character on if he deserves to be in Smash over a bunch of other characters including other Mario characters.
We are already talking more about it than we need to. If you disagree, that is fine.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Moving on, I want to propose a game. Suppose you got to pick the remaining 5 fighters, but here's the kicker: you need to choose a fighter from each of these series:
  • Super Mario (No Donkey Kong/Wario/Yoshi)
  • Fire Emblem
  • Pokémon (No Mystery Dungeon since that's its own thing)
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
So... who would you pick?
Mine are Gooigi, Seliph (or Arvis), Gengar, Eggplant Wizard, and... uh... shoot I don't know any Metroid characters because I don't play that. I guess Kraid?
-fawful

-arvis

-scizor

-hades

-uh

uhhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

anthony higgs

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Moving on, I want to propose a game. Suppose you got to pick the remaining 5 fighters, but here's the kicker: you need to choose a fighter from each of these series:
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
Mine are Gooigi, Seliph (or Arvis), Gengar, Eggplant Wizard, and... uh... shoot I don't know any Metroid characters because I don't play that. I guess Kraid?
  • Geno
  • Lyn
  • Rilla...**** it, it's still Baboom to me dammit
  • Viridi
  • Sylux

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I like Ark from Terranigma. That is all. Here's a pictures and some gifs to show what he can do.

Ark.jpg

Ark Rapid Jab.gif

Ark Dash Attack.gif

Ark Neutral Aerial.gif

Ark Forward Aerial 2.gif

He plays exactly like a Smash bros character!

• Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
Super Mario: Geno
Fire Emblem: Hector
Pokemon: Decidueye
Kid Icarus: Magnus
Metroid: Metroid guy

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
Waluigi
Lyn
Cinderace
Hades
Decloned Dark Samus (this counts, right?)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
I would add:
  • Geno
    • He and Waluigi would both be interesting, but Geno wouldn't have to have his moveset be based somewhat on other characters in the roster, so Geno would be the fresher face.
  • Virion
    • I like the archer archetype in general, and Virion is my favorite archer in Fire Emblem. I'd prefer other picks but they require more than one moveset so they count as more than one character.
  • Arceus
    • I dunno why I want Arceus so much. It just...feels right, ya know?
  • Hades
    • Who says Hades has to be gigantic? He's the god of the underworld who can basically do whatever the heck he wants. Alongside his penchant for screwing with Pit, this could make for such a fun character.
  • Rundas
    • Ice is nice, and my idea for a Metroid would require more than one moveset.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
• Geno
• Lyn
• Sirfetch'd
• Medusa
• Rundas (Haven't actually played much Metroid, but more cryokinesis users in Smash would be cool, imo)

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
Waluigi
Tiki
Mimikyu
Hades
Sylux

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
Dry Bowser, because Smash has a flimsy handling of costume vs character
A Horse
Nidoking
Buff Pit from the first game’s ending
Omega Metroid

SharkLord

Smash Hero
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
  • Waluigi
  • Lyn (Runner-ups include Tiki, Ephraim, Edelgard, Lethe...)
  • Appletun (Runner-ups include Scizor, Golurk, and Aggron)
  • Phosphora
  • Rundas
Wow, my list is a lot more obscure than I thought.
I would add:
  • Geno
    • He and Waluigi would both be interesting, but Geno wouldn't have to have his moveset be based somewhat on other characters in the roster, so Geno would be the fresher face.
  • Virion
    • I like the archer archetype in general, and Virion is my favorite archer in Fire Emblem. I'd prefer other picks but they require more than one moveset so they count as more than one character.
  • Arceus
    • I dunno why I want Arceus so much. It just...feels right, ya know?
  • Hades
    • Who says Hades has to be gigantic? He's the god of the underworld who can basically do whatever the heck he wants. Alongside his penchant for screwing with Pit, this could make for such a fun character.
  • Rundas
    • Ice is nice, and my idea for a Metroid would require more than one moveset.
• Geno
• Lyn
• Sirfetch'd
• Medusa
Rundas (Haven't actually played much Metroid, but more cryokinesis users in Smash would be cool, imo)

Calamitas

Smash Champion
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
Alright, sure.
  • Fawful
  • Anna
  • Generation 3 trainer with Blaziken, Grovyle and Mudkip
  • Medusa
  • Space Pirate

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
Waluigi
Edelgard
Sceptile
Hades
Zeta Metroid

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
  • Toad
  • Hector
  • Appletun
  • Medusa but her original design from the NES game
  • Mother Brain
I'd buy this pass.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I like Ark from Terranigma. That is all. Here's a pictures and some gifs to show what he can do.

View attachment 285612

He plays exactly like a Smash bros character!

Super Mario: Geno
Fire Emblem: Hector
Pokemon: Decidueye
Kid Icarus: Magnus
Metroid: Metroid guy
Terranigma is a game I've been curious about, but I don't think it ever recieved an American release, so I can't really play it. Then again, Square Enix might be more open to translating their older games (I believe it was Mana 3 that got translated (or was it SaGa 3? I get them mixed up), and there are those rumors of Live A Live getting translated), so I'll wait and see.

Twirlerina

Smash Rookie
I remember another developer being much more vocal about it, but I don't remember the context so I couldn't find it. But for Waluigi specifically, there was stuff going on even before the release of Ultimate: clicky

Essentially, they were highlighting that spamming and misrepresenting demand is seen negatively and hinders chances some characters could get in. Waluigi was an example, along with others, Geno coming to mind since the origins of his movement are similarly meme-born.
And yet Nintendo America has been making tweets about him lately.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
? Block
Alm
Shoot, too many options I like. Um, um, what's the first thing in my head right now... Shaymin!... I guess.
Viridi
Sylux

D

Deleted member

• Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
-Waluigi
-Haven’t played or watched any Fire Emblems, so.......... googles........ Micaiah &/or Sothe seems cool.
-Blacephalon
-Souflee Phosphora
-er................ **** it, the Metroid itself.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'm considering doing some big writeups for characters to introduce them, explain their series, go over what they do and what they could bring, etc. Since we already have a thread dedicated to debating chances, it'll be more geared towards "What if it happened?" than "Could it happen?", though I'll go over their situation in brief at the end. Would people be interested in reading this if I started doing these?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm considering doing some big writeups for characters to introduce them, explain their series, go over what they do and what they could bring, etc. Since we already have a thread dedicated to debating chances, it'll be more geared towards "What if it happened?" than "Could it happen?", though I'll go over their situation in brief at the end. Would people be interested in reading this if I started doing these?
That depends...will they make my most wanted sound really good and my least wanted sound really bad? If not, I’m sorry to say that you can take those essays elsewhere, pal! We don’t care for that stuff here, only stuff that makes me right!

Slime Master

Smash Ace
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
A slime was playable in mario sports mix so :slime:
Gatekeeper
Dunsparce
No
Samus 3 (4?)

I'm so bored send help

D

Deleted member

I would be quite interested! :3

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Finnaly, somebody to step in tehponycorn's shoes

I'd definitely be interested

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
it depends, are you willing to write an essay on pepsiman

SharkLord

Smash Hero
That depends...will they make my most wanted sound really good and my least wanted sound really bad? If not, I’m sorry to say that you can take those essays elsewhere, pal! We don’t care for that stuff here, only stuff that makes me right!
Generally I tend to err on the positive side, so, uh... Hope you have a lot of most wanteds.
Honestly, I could probably spin something out of him. Some of my moveset concepts tend to spin something out of nothing like some of the earlier movesets (Most notably Fox and Captain Falcon). That being said, if I tried I probably could have an intro writeup for Pepsiman on his own.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Go for it! Convince the rest of the class that Conker has a chance!

In all seriousness though, I think that's a pretty neat idea and I want to see you try it out. If you do, I look forward to reading it and I'll try to read each of your entries.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Is this the thing you were talking about on the Support Directory? If so, I'd be down.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Is this the thing you were talking about on the Support Directory? If so, I'd be down.
The idea I pitched might not work out in that way, but I'm hoping that I can introduce characters in other ways. Mainly I'll be aiming for lesser-discussed characters, but I'll also do some more commonly-discussed characters too so you actually know about them as a character instead of just being that one name everyone talks about without you knowing who they even are.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The idea I pitched might not work out in that way, but I'm hoping that I can introduce characters in other ways. Mainly I'll be aiming for lesser-discussed characters, but I'll also do some more commonly-discussed characters too so you actually know about them as a character instead of just being that one name everyone talks about without you knowing who they even are.
Alright, I'm on board.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Listen to your heart and believe in amiibo theory

Believe it
Oh, hey! Thanks for posting part of the document! I guess it'd be a good time to mention that I'm actually collabing with someone to make a full amiibo theory google slideshow! I currently have 30 slides so far and it's supposed to go into the details and nuances of the theory.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid
My pass Waluigi, Lyn, Medusa, Todd Snap, and I'm gonna crib Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and go with decloned Dark Samus because that's all it takes to make Metroid representation perfect.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
At this point, I'm not going to be upset if I dislike the next character reveal. I just wanna see more Smash content, and who else could join the crossover. Ultimate already has a phenomenal roster in terms of content (balancing issues may be another debate for a separate thread). Even if we get Bubsy or Pepsiman revealed as the next character, my reaction will remain consistent:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
At this point, I'm not going to be upset if I dislike the next character reveal. I just wanna see more Smash content, and who else could join the crossover. Ultimate already has a phenomenal roster in terms of content (balancing issues may be another debate for a separate thread). Even if we get Bubsy or Pepsiman revealed as the next character, my reaction will remain consistent:

Rest in peace, Ekita.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones has entered the chat.
PEPSI MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

poggers.jpg

Bros, I don't think you actually understand...my face will be stuck at permanent poggers as I down several, and I mean several cans of cold, refreshing Pepsi. I've sunk countless hours and money into Pepsi products just to support the company. Don't ask how many letters I've sent to Pepsi to encourage meeting Nintendo at the table, and bringing in the iconic theme song, and various remixes.

HOLY ****. LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PEPSI MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Also, real quick, I should mention my average equation (average of all three regions) is saying October 1st, 2020 or October 23rd, 2020 for a potential Fighter 7 release. However, I should mention that this is just math. So... certainly don't take this as gospel and it's just an approximation. So it certainly could be wrong, or off by a bit.

SKX31

Smash Master
All right, I'm certainly on board.

I've been on a massive Civilization kick lately, and that's one of many series that could benefit from such a post.

Seriously, Firaxis' musicians did an amazing job with VI's soundtrack. One example:

(Atomic in this context refers to the Atomic Era, with an approximate start at 1945.)

PEPSI MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

View attachment 285618
PEPSI
PEPSI

PEPSI MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom