• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ok but hear me out

what if the 28th

is an announcement of an announcement for a General on the 31st? there IS maintenance that day, after all

they also announced the July 14 Robin & Lucina Smash trailer livestream the Friday before, I believe, so there's precedent

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
First of all, you spelt My Hero Academia wrong.

Secondly, what even IS Amiibo Theory? People always throw it around, but I still don't understand it.
To answer the second, basically every month a new fighter releases, we get new amiibo.

I think the theory died with Min Min personally since we only got new amiibo announced, not released.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Nintendo fans: We want a full general direct especially with FP7 announced.
Nintendo: Here's another short boring mini Partner direct with nothing interesting instead.
I'd be pretty down for another if they showed off stuff like Fall Guys, NMH3, or something like Bayonetta 3.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
ok but hear me out

what if the 28th

is an announcement of an announcement for a General on the 31st? there IS maintenance that day, after all

they also announced the July 14 Robin & Lucina Smash trailer livestream the Friday before, I believe, so there's precedent
Win-win for everyone then. No complaints there.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Bold of you to assume that the Partner direct wouldn't have NMHIII and the NMH1 remaster, exciting fans everywhere while the only people who are upset are the ones expecting every first party ever and Persona 5
Or people who aren't expecting the world, but don't care about No More Heroes in the slightest.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The fact that we typically never get announcements on Friday is enough to make me doubt the existence of any Direct on the 28th, be it general or partner showcase.

As of now, I expect nothing. If it ends up being a second partner showcase, well, that's still better than what I was predicting. Hard to be disappointed when the bar is so low it never even left the ground.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Not to mention that they're the most reliable leakers out there. Who else told us Lucario would be in Brawl? Who else let people see Ryu and Roy? Who else told us how many characters were left for the base game? Who else gave us Brave and the SNK leak?
Eh I don't buy it, the "Brave" leak was just piggybacking off of Verg.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Or people who aren't expecting the world, but don't care about No More Heroes in the slightest.
It's a good thing everyone agrees that NMH is a franchise that is an answer to the question "r vidya gaemns art?" And became the best selling media property in history as a result. No, I don't know what a "poke a man" is

toonito

Smash Ace
First of all, you spelt My Hero Academia wrong.

Secondly, what even IS Amiibo Theory? People always throw it around, but I still don't understand it.
Amiibo Theory = new fighter is released the same month as a new amiibo wave. Theory held true for every fighter in Fighter Pass 1.

Min Min technically killed this theory by releasing without a corresponding amiibo wave in June.

If the theory still holds then FP7 will be available in October (Joker and Hero amiibo come out October 2nd).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's a good thing everyone agrees that NMH is a franchise that is an answer to the question "r vidya gaemns art?" And became the best selling media property in history as a result. No, I don't know what a "poke a man" is
:rolleyes:

You probably could hook people though if the trailer wasn't assuming you're already familiar with the series like the Shin Megami Tensei trailers were.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
:rolleyes:

You probably could hook people though if the trailer wasn't assuming you're already familiar with the series like the Shin Megami Tensei trailers were.
Idk man even NMH fans didn't realize they were seeing a NMHIII trailer at the game awards last year. We should be fine there

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Amiibo Theory = new fighter is released the same month as a new amiibo wave. Theory held true for every fighter in Fighter Pass 1.

Min Min technically killed this theory by releasing without a corresponding amiibo wave in June.

If the theory still holds then FP7 will be available in October (Joker and Hero amiibo come out October 2nd).
I think the pattern is less "Fighters always release around the amiibo wave" and more "The amiibo waves always have a fighter released around the same time." Min Min didn't release around an amiibo wave because she didn't have one, but so far there hasn't been an amiibo wave that didn't release around the same time as the fighter. That, and most fighters have a similar amount of time in between, so it's nice to have a vague timeframe to go off of rather than staring into the endless void.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Emily's report directly states it's because of Covid, though. Do you believe she's wrong?
It wouldn't be the first time Emily was wrong, but I was just stating a possibility.

Even then a COVID related delay may not be related to development issues, but rather marketing and production issues.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Emily's report directly states it's because of Covid, though. Do you believe she's wrong?
It being delayed “because of COVID” could mean a number of things. It is just as possible of it getting moved because of development being rocky as it is it getting moved because COVID effected other games and made the schedule barren. Either way they’re both “because of COVID”.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It wouldn't be the first time Emily was wrong, but I was just stating a possibility.

Even then a COVID related delay may not be related to development issues, but rather marketing and production issues.
It being delayed “because of COVID” could mean a number of things. It is just as possible of it getting moved because of development being rocky as it is it getting moved because COVID effected other games and made the schedule barren. Either way they’re both “because of COVID”.
That would make a lot of sense, I didn't think of it from that angle before. It certainly adds up with all the information we have on Nintendo's marketing being messed up pretty bad this year.

toonito

Smash Ace
I think the pattern is less "Fighters always release around the amiibo wave" and more "The amiibo waves always have a fighter released around the same time." Min Min didn't release around an amiibo wave because she didn't have one, but so far there hasn't been an amiibo wave that didn't release around the same time as the fighter. That, and most fighters have a similar amount of time in between, so it's nice to have a vague timeframe to go off of rather than staring into the endless void.

fair enough

seems like at the very least we should have FP7 revealed and released by October 31st.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Now compare that to ResetERA where they all **** on her because she wasn't Twintelle lol

“Hey Smashboards, did you the progressive left leaning video game form bad??”

well I’m here to remind you that, now please ignore the context, see how clearly not everyone wasn’t upset there and how people are perfectly allowed to be upset that they didn’t get what they wanted (considering how this forum always does it all the time) and laugh

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

well I’m here to remind you that, now please ignore the context, see how clearly not everyone wasn’t upset there and how people are perfectly allowed to be upset that they didn’t get what they wanted (considering how this forum always does it all the time) and laugh
Ok but the funniest joke is claiming that ResetERA's progressive and wildly left wing

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What do you guys thinking assuming it's a partner mini direct is more likely?

1. Tease of FP7.
2. Date announcement of Smash presentation.
3. Smash presentation or FP7 announced on the 31st.
4. Nothing at all.

Otherwise September it is.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord

Even when Byleth was revealed this thread didn't get so bad it had to get locked lmao

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ok but the funniest joke is claiming that ResetERA's progressive and wildly left wing
Almost as funny is the fact that there were just as many people going "don't be ridiculous" as there were people being ridiculous so the idea that they all lost their poop is false.

1. Tease of FP7.
4. Nothing at all.

Partner Showcase? 4 is the only reasonable option. Nintendo Direct/Direct Mini? I expect at least 1 if not both 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Almost as funny is the fact that there were just as many people going "don't be ridiculous" as there were people being ridiculous so the idea that they all lost their poop is false.

Partner Showcase? 4 is the only reasonable option. Nintendo Direct/Direct Mini? I expect at least 1 if not both 1 and 2.
It's 10PM and my rotten brain just saw "their poop is false" and honestly, I lost my **** for a full ****ing minutes

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I was talking about the English one especially since I don’t know what Sakuna is lol
It's the one other game that actually looks interesting from the Partner Showcase in general. The problem is they didn't put it in the English showcase even though it's getting an English release.

There was also that one...Estelle? game but...meh. I also don't know if that's getting an English release so there's potentially more of a valid reason to not show it to English audiences.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's the one other game that actually looks interesting from the Partner Showcase in general. The problem is they didn't put it in the English showcase even though it's getting an English release.

There was also that one...Estelle? game but...meh. I also don't know if that's getting an English release so there's potentially more of a valid reason to not show it to English audiences.
Trails in the Sky is available in English, on PC. idk if it'll come to Switch

unless you mean something else?

Calamitas

Smash Champion

1. Tease of FP7.
4. Nothing at all.

I'd say at least a proper reveal of FP7, and maybe also FP8. Big maybe on that, though.

I'll still be there to preach your gospel, boss.

Yeah, what he said.
webbed site

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I was talking about the English one especially since I don’t know what Sakuna is lol
That's fair.
Basically, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is half action platformer, half farming sim, with a generous dollop of Japanese mythology. It immediately fell in love after seeing it last E3, and then had to wait for over a year until we got any substantial news, which was excluded from the English direct. That was probably my biggest gripe with the Partner Presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom