• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I feel this way about Mario. If you think about all of the games Mario has been in, all of the abilities he's mastered and power-ups at his disposal, it's just boring when a lot of his attacks consist of "punch, kick, kick in the air, FIREBALL, punch punch, kick."
That's an issue present in a bunch of 64/Melee fighters. Ganondorf just gets the brunt of the criticism because he's the most obvious.
I'm hoping for a future game to either reform a number of old fighters, or add alternate updated versions as new fighters, like Paper Mario or Pig Ganon.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
That's an issue present in a bunch of 64/Melee fighters. Ganondorf just gets the brunt of the criticism because he's the most obvious.
I'm hoping for a future game to either reform a number of old fighters, or add alternate updated versions as new fighters, like Paper Mario or Pig Ganon.
Well that, or they could go ahead and go back to the concept of Custom moves and do even more with that. More unique specials, perhaps unique Normal attacks even. and add a Shop so it's much easier to unlock moves and such

SharkLord

Smash Hero
-snip-
Atlus: SMTV protagonist, Demi-fiend
SEGA- Kiryu, Arle
Capcom- Dante, Amaterasu, Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright
Namco- Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell, Soul Calibur, Dark Souls
Square Enix- 2B, Bravely Default, Neku Sakuraba, Geno, Lara Croft. A lot to go around here
Microsoft- Master Chief, Steve Minecraft
SNK- oof
Koei Tecmo- Ryu Hayabusa seems like their Terry, though I guess I can't rule out others
ArcSystemWorks- S(c)ol Badguy, Ragna the Bloodedgelord
Ubisoft- highly questionable based on content they already have, but Rayman probably. One would think Assassin's Creed and Rabbids costumes would come with Rayman, no?
Activision- Crash Bandicoot
Falcom- Trails in the Sky (funny acronym lmao amirite), Ys to name a few series

What do you think?
  • Atlus is interesting due to the relationship between SMT and Persona. They're pretty different games by now, but they're still part of the greater MegaTen universe. That, and I'm not sure SMTV is something Nintendo is going to specifically single out to push. Pretty iffy on this one.
  • SEGA is funny because they've got a lot of potential candidates, but discussions about them seem pretty chill, unlike, say, Square Enix. Yakuza's growing in popularity and Kiryu could be the new Joker; A recently popular series that aims for a different demographic than what Nintendo usually aims for. Arle and Sakura Shinguji (Plus maybe Sakura Amamiya as an alt?), on the other hand, are big in Japan, and would be great Japan-appeal characters.
  • Capcom? Probably Dante, given his recent popularity and good sales, but I could see Phoenix happening too. Monster Hunter shouldn't be slept on either, though their Mii Costume could be just around the corner. Still, it's weird that MonHun has a boss and no playable fighter.
  • Bandai-Namco's best best is Lloyd, but I wouldn't sleep on a Dark Souls rep, not after it created a new subgenre through sheer difficulty alone. A Digimon could happen too, and we can have a Pokemon vs. Digimon battle. A SoulCalibur fighter would be cool, but it feels odd to have them before Tekken.
  • Square Enix, hoo boy. A Bravely rep and Neku could be good pushes for Nintendo, 2B would be a Joker-type character like Kiryu, and Lara is an iconic West-appeal character. I'm not too confident on Geno, but I don't want to drag the thread down again so I'll leave it at that.
  • Microsoft has two major icons; Steve?, a modern success story, and Master Chief, a highly influential classic of the 2000's. Both characters would be huge, and I could easily see huge profits from either of them.
  • SNK has Terry, and Terry brought everything. There isn't anything left for them to give.
  • Ryu Hayabusa is the obvious choice of Koei-Tecmo, but a Warriors rep shouldn't be slept on, not after all those crossovers. That, and the fact that it hasn't slowed down at all.
  • ArcSys? Sol or bust.
  • Ubisoft is a hard maybe. Rayman is popular, but he got shafted two games in a row now and is lacking in recency. Ezio is a possibility, but the Altair costume complicates things, since we got a Mii that wasn't the series mascot. Prince of Persia is also a classic that has the potential to be a major darkhorse.
  • whoa is the only way.
  • I don't know enough to be allowed to discuss Falcom, sorry.
Aside from the ones listed above, I'm expecting Reimu ****ing Hakurei at least one indie rep, maybe two so we can have another Hero/Banjo dynamic that pleases everybody.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I feel this way about Mario. If you think about all of the games Mario has been in, all of the abilities he's mastered and power-ups at his disposal, it's just boring when a lot of his attacks consist of "punch, kick, kick in the air, FIREBALL, punch punch, kick."

I do like his specials because of the fact that it draws from a lot of different games; the cape from Super Mario World, F.L.U.D.D., a classic fireball.

I just wish there was more variety, and we could see Mario use more moves from his adventures instead of the most basic of fighting game moves.
To be honest, Mario's a tough nut to crack in terms of design. First of all, this:
And here's the problem: They want him to be a basic character so anyone can easily pick up the highly-recognized video game star.
But there's also that a lot of his abilities are tied to costumes, and thus, wouldn't actually make sense to use for his normals (or at the very least would make his moveset seem pretty hodgepodgey). The only thing I could think of to do would be to focus on his movement options, as he has a lot of movement options that no other character really has...except Luigi, Peach, and Rosalina, but I wouldn't change the princesses, and Luigi should be Mario's core ideas taken in a wildly different direction anyway.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Well that, or they could go ahead and go back to the concept of Custom moves and do even more with that. More unique specials, perhaps unique Normal attacks even. and add a Shop so it's much easier to unlock moves and such
I remember how upsetting that was back during Smash 4.

"Oh cool, they're adding custom moves and the ability to tweak the power/speed/heftiness of each fighter, that means they won't need to pad out the roster with clones with barely any differences from their counterparts-oh hai Lucina and Dark Pit".

And then most of the custom moves were trash and barely worth getting anyway.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

"Oh cool, they're adding custom moves and the ability to tweak the power/speed/heftiness of each fighter, that means they won't need to pad out the roster with clones with barely any differences from their counterparts-oh hai Lucina and Dark Pit".

And it took freaking forever to get them (thousands of hours and I still don't have them all), and it was incredibly inconvenient to use them (they run into the same issues as the Mii Fighters where you forget what your specials are).

7NATOR

Smash Master

In concept, perhaps. But weren't a good amount of the customs Broken

In any case, I do want them to revisit the Concept. I think especially for the mii fighters, they could add in more moves (Maybe like a Kamehameha for Mii Brawler) so the Mii's could be more customization and cool and stuff. Like if Goku is still never getting into Smahs by Smash 6, at least a Kamehameha Special would be cool. Same for characters like Sans, Cuphead, Freddy, Geno

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
And I have no idea how this thought process came to be but here I am; Excited and ready to learn more.
okay, so in the social someone made a Magnemite in Smash joke, and I followed it up with Magneton being five times cooler. I then made a joke about it's gimmick, but then I realized it would be really cool.

Basically, Magneton can detatch the magnemites, letting it be in two or three places at once. You can only move one Magnemite at once, determined by shield special. While this gives it incredible edgeguarding power, each individual Magnemite is quite frail and week. It's a bit of a gamble - do you stay with the defensively strong Magneton, or split up and sacrifice the defences for advanced range?

Calane

Smash Ace
An issue came up to me with Alis, Nigel, Asha, and a Shining character and that was "how am i gonna make these guys be unique from each other?" I cant just shove characters I find cool in, they need to have something unique. They all use sword, shields, and uh not so diffrent magic

There's like a million great Phantasy Star characters that would bring something more unqie so we dont need to depend on Alis

Ali would make a cool half sword/half brawler with summoner powers thanks to the spirts he has, and have Leon as a clone. Although there's already a another summoner talking his place...

I actually wanted either Adam or Misheala as the Shining rep, but neither still have enough unique properties. Adam just punches stuff and shoots laser beams, SEGA already has plenty of robots that already do that better. Misheala would be a cool dark magic zoner but like, why go with her when I can go for Satan from Puyo Puyo or Magician from House of the Dead.
Well, Asha does have her Pepelogoo that she can command, leap off of, and hang onto. She'd also probably have a big, invincible shield she could pull out like Pit's down special from Brawl. I think stuff like that could make her unique enough.

Nigel? Uh... Guess you got me there. Maybe he could make use of his different magical swords? They're all listed on this page, which I'm linking since I don't feel like explaining what they do myself.

If this imaginary game were real, I'd be pretty bummed if Ali was considered but didn't make the cut, lol. It's your call in the end, though.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Ya know, a few months ago, I got a bunch of **** for giving */5 rating to people's dream FP's. But all of a sudden, everyone is doing it.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
So what character is everyone expecting to be the Last Character (Challenger Pack 11)?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Out of curiosity, which statement in particular are you referring to with this?
It's the one that prompted my post, like two above it, where Sakurai is quoted as saying something along the lines of them running out of big Japanese series.

If someone came in here and said they were running out of big Japanese series to add to Smash they'd be hit with lists for days. Which is not to say those lists would be inherently and entirely accurate.

Ya know, a few months ago, I got a bunch of **** for given */5 rating to people's dream FP's. But all of a sudden, everyone is doing it.
Yeah turns out people don't mind when they actually ask for it and/or there's a bit more effort being put in than a drive-by 0.5/6.

Last edited:

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Here is my pass, just for giggles.

1. Min Min
2. Hayabusa
3. Rex & Pyra
4. Crash
5. Toxtricity
6. Geno

I do not get the love for Cinderace. If the reason he has the chance to get in is because “lol anime“ then I need some better reasoning than that. All he does is kick flaming rocks, nothing really all that special. Anything Cinderace can do, most of the other Fire Pokemon can also do. I would prefer Toxtricity, because he’s popular, he is Electric/Poison, and while we already have electric attacks in the game with Pikachu and Pichu, they are similar in a lot of ways and Toxtricity has electric moves that haven’t been seen in Smash yet, not to mention a plethora of poison and sound-based moves. He also has a Gigantimax form. Cinderace has one too, but he didn’t obtain it until after the first batch of DLC came out for SwSh. Toxtricity is also a rocker, and plays the guitar using the welts on its body.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Someone: I wish Byleth's moveset was more faithful to his own skillset, he's got a lot of cool things he can do
Smashboards: wHy CaNt wE gO tWo DaYs WiThOuT fIrE eMbLeM hAtErS

Seriously do y'all even read? Or do you just assume that any Fire Emblem discussion is mindless bashing?
I've hardly been paying attention to the past three pages or so, but wanting a more faithful moveset is hardly a complaint. I'm not sure why people are treating it like one.

Unless you've established yourself as a huge supporter of the franchise in this thread, just about any negative comment involving FE is capable of starting an argument, regardless of whether or not there's some truth to the comment or it was meant to be constructive.

To be brutally honest, sometimes the people defending FE act more ridiculous than the people complaining about it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Only thing that make me always me go "Ewww" when I play Byleth is the landing lag on Dair.

Like it's just gross, I don't care if it balance the move, all the other powerful aerial in the game don't have the amount of frame Byleth Dair landing lag as.

And yes, this is a extremely minor nitpick all things consider, but it still stand out to me. (well that, and their speed in the air isn't great too, from what I remember atleast)

Also, I like my Mario staying basic. It is boring to see him punch & kick most of the time? Yea, but someone gotta fill the Ryu/easy to learn-use archetype, Mario is the best character for that role. That, and it be very easy to make a incoherent moveset that is filled with 60 references from various Mario games that isn't well balanced. Sometime, less is more.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I've hardly been paying attention to the past three pages or so, but wanting a more faithful moveset is hardly a complaint. I'm not sure why people are treating it like one.

Unless you've established yourself as a huge supporter of the franchise in this thread, just about any negative comment involving FE is capable of starting an argument, regardless of whether or not there's some truth to the comment or it was meant to be constructive.

To be brutally honest, sometimes the people defending FE act more ridiculous than the people complaining about it.
Just for a quick recap:
This whole thing started because someone said a potential Lyn fighter would probably not include a bow at all, that she would just be a pure sword character, and I pointed out Sakurai gave Byleth weapons from the other Lords of his game because he felt he didn't stand out enough on his own for a DLC fighter, which he's on record saying it is an objective for them to make as unique as possible. That's not even me theorizing what Sakurai thinks, we KNOW it's what Sakurai thinks because he has told us.
I even acknowledged that just Byleth with his own sword would have probably made the cut as a base game character, but as a DLC character Sakurai felt like he had to get creative for Byleth to stand out.
At no point in this ordeal did I even comment on the current moveset being fun or not.

Calane

Smash Ace
As much as I love Trails and would be incredibly excited to see Estelle, Lloyd, or Rean in Smash. I am not so sure about Falcom rep since they don't have much history with Nintendo, hell Nintendo only started getting Trails recently with a nearly 3 year late port of Cold Steel 3 to the Switch and that port was basically only done because NIS America now has the publishing rights to the most recent games for the series in the west and they tend to port everything to they publish to the system.

While with Ys, Nintendo did get some of the later games in the series, Falcom had pretty much ignored Nintendo systems entirely until NIS had to convince them bring Ys Viii to the Switch.
If I actually wore my glasses, I'd push them up, because AcTuAlLy.......Ys has a pretty solid history with Nintendo systems.

The Famicom had a version of Ys I, II, and III.
The SNES had a version of Ys III.
The Super Famicom had a version of Ys IV (Mask of the Sun). Ys V was also released for it as well.
The DS had a version of Ys I & II. (Ys I & II was also released on the Wii Virtual Console when that was a thing).
As you already know, the Switch has a version of Ys VIII.
Of course, Ys Origin and Ys IX are now coming to Switch as well.

Nintendo missed out on the remakes as well as Ys VI and Seven, though.

...Wait, reading your post again, did you already know this? You said "While with Ys, Nintendo did get some of the later games in the series". Did you mean to say "earlier games" instead of "later games"? If so, guess I wasted my time writing this, lol.

Oh well, gonna post it anyway so people can see the history of Ys on Nintendo systems. Of all Falcom franchises, I think Ys has made the most appearances on Nintendo. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Ys_series_logo_wide.png

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just don't understand the argument that Byleth isn't fun.

They hit like trucks, demolish shields and have a ton of range.

One of the most fun newcomers to play in my opinion.
Imo he feels sluggish because of the long startup on most of his moves and his limited mobility, and I feel like he's missing an ingredient to make up for that, not necessarily in terms of how good he is, but rather how fun he is. I'd probably enjoy him more in FFAs where his big and super slow moves aren't complete non-factors, but I pretty much exclusively play 1v1s (I don't have that many friends that are interested in Smash anymore, and FFAs aren't fun without irl friends), so he just ends up being another slow spacing character for me, and there are plenty of alternatives on that front that I feel have that missing ingredient.

Of course that's all entirely subjective though, a lot of it just comes down a character's overall feel, and we all interpret that differently.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Didn't we already get our Level-5 rep? :ulthero2:
The thing with :ulthero2: is that he represents Level-5 about as much as :ultkrool: reps Rare.

Which is to say, they don't own the character at all and Sakurai/Nintendo more than likely didn't talk to them when implementing him into the game.
Their not acknowledged anywhere either as far as I'm aware, be it the end credits, the start screen or the music credits etc.

So having someone the company actually owns would be nice...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bit late but here's my more realistic predictions for this pass.

76 - Min Min (No way!)
77 - Neku Sakuraba
78 - Rex and Pyra
79 - Crash Bandicoot
80 - Dante from the Devil May Cry Series
81 - Lloyd Irving

Honestly, I can see getting at most 2 characters correct (excluding Min Min tho) since Nintendo and even Smash is just hard to predict.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Characters I could see from each company, to make things more concrete:

SEGA- Kiryu, Arle
Square Enix- 2B, Bravely Default, Neku Sakuraba, Geno, Lara Croft. A lot to go around here
SNK- oof
Koei Tecmo- Ryu Hayabusa seems like their Terry, though I guess I can't rule out others
Ubisoft- highly questionable based on content they already have, but Rayman probably. One would think Assassin's Creed and Rabbids costumes would come with Rayman, no?

What do you think?
Atlus: I don't see them getting a new rep. Persona and Shin Megami Tensei may be considered different series at this point but they still both fall under the MegaTen umbrella. I just don't see a Shin Megami Tensei rep being a priority in the current scenario.

Sega: I don't see them getting a new rep either.

Capcom: I feel like it's definitely between Dante and Phoenix Wright for the Capcom spot. Monster Hunter may have an outside chance but I don't think we'll get Amaterasu.

Namco: Lloyd Irving seems like the front runner to me but I could see Dark Souls and Soul Calibur having an outside chance.

Square Enix: I think it's between Geno and Lara Croft. 2B may have an outside chance but I don't think she's getting in (and that sucks to say because I'd really like to see her playable)

Microsoft: I don't think they're getting a second rep BUT if they did my money would be on Master Chief.

SNK: I think Terry is all we're getting from SNK.

Koei Tecmo: I have HUGE doubts about Ryu Hayabusa. I'm still not convinced that leak wasn't just about that other "Ultimate" game he was in and that is what sparked a belief that he was likely for Smash.

ArcSystemWorks: Really don't feel confident judging this company since I know little about them or their characters. My gut instinct says no reps but again that might just be because I'm not very familiar with any of their characters.

Ubisoft: It has to be Rayman. Ultimately Rayman is still Ubisofts mascot, their "Sonic", their "Mario". I think Rayman is the most likely third party rep to be included in this pass. He's already gotten into the game as a spirit so it feels to me like if any western character is going to get a spot on the fighter pass, it's going to be Rayman.

Activision: Hot take incoming. I don't see them getting a rep. I feel like Crash's chances are being overblown.

Falcom: My gut says no reps. Although Estelle Bright being playable would be neat.

I'd say confidence in any character is generally pretty low right now. Even the characters I have the most confidence in I wouldn't really say I felt confident about their chances. I did not expect an ARMS rep going into this second fighter pass so that has given me some pause about what to expect for the rest of the pass. (Sure I have my "gut feeling" but I'm not sure what that's really worth. :p)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have no problem with the way Byleth was implimented, but it's almost completely opposite to how i though he'd be. I would've implimented him as a faster Belmont with no projectiles, but we got a slow, ranged fighter.
This was my expectation as well. Was also sort of disappointed that Byleth turned out the way he did. But in a way, his Areadbahr moves make up a lotttt of his overall gameplay. So in a way, it feels like both Byleth and Dimitri made it in. And Dimitri is my favourite Lord in Three Houses.

What I sort of expect with a potential reboot is that Byleth becomes a "base character" to include the Three Houses cast. Simon will likely by cut, Byleth gets a moveset rehaul with some of his moves. Dimitri gets in with a moveset based around the Areadbahr moves, Edelgard with Amyr moves, and Claude? Well he'd probably get the projectile of Failnaught yes. But has to borrow some basic sword attacks from characters as Marth or Pit. Up B could have him ride a wyvern mount. I expect only Ike, and characters based around Marth to return next Smash. I expect Robin and Corrin not to return.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This was my expectation as well. Was also sort of disappointed that Byleth turned out the way he did. But in a way, his Areadbahr moves make up a lotttt of his overall gameplay. So in a way, it feels like both Byleth and Dimitri made it in. And Dimitri is my favourite Lord in Three Houses.

What I sort of expect with a potential reboot is that Byleth becomes a "base character" to include the Three Houses cast. Simon will likely by cut, Byleth gets a moveset rehaul with some of his moves. Dimitri gets in with a moveset based around the Areadbahr moves, Edelgard with Amyr moves, and Claude? Well he'd probably get the projectile of Failnaught yes. But has to borrow some basic sword attacks from characters as Marth or Pit. Up B could have him ride a wyvern mount. I expect only Ike, and characters based around Marth to return next Smash. I expect Robin and Corrin not to return.
I highly doubt we would get all 3 Three houses lord + Byleth. The next Smash will be years from now, so Fire emblem will most likely have a New game to Pick a fighter from, if not 2 or 3 (the next smash could be in a long time). Also adding 3 full newcomers to represent one game seems like a weird idea. I think Byleth will stay and he will keep his alt to represent the others lords.

SKX31

Smash Master

SEGA- Kiryu, Arle
SNK- oof

What do you think?
  • ATLUS: Yeah, that seems fair if ATLUS gets a second character. Personally believe that SEGA's frontrunners are more likely.
  • SEGA: Sakura has an honest shot I believe, albeit Kiryu and Arle seem to be SEGA's frontrunners.
  • Capcom: Agreed on those four. Arthur has a small but legitimate chance, albeit his series does somewhat feel like Spirit (Board) material. Ditto characters like Viewtiful Joe.
  • Namco: Yup. Characters like Klonoa and KOS-MOS are possible, albeit far from frontrunners.
  • Square Enix: The other Square-Enix characters (JC Denton, Crono, Gex) feel like such longshots partly because of those characters you mentioned. So yeah, agreed.
  • Microsoft: Yeah, those two. Battletoads, KI and Ori might have small but somewhat real chances, albeit they seem to be dependent on Nintendo / Sakurai wanting them specifically over Steve / Chief.
  • SNK: Yeah. I'm puretty sure that - based on the 50 songs being more than the other FP1 Packs combined - SNK and 37 Games went all out and secured every single little thing they could. It doesn't look like SNK will get another character.
  • Koei Tecmo: Ryu's the frontrunner, albeit Dynasty Warriors and other franchises are not that far behind IMO.
  • ASW: Yeah, got not much else to say there.
  • Ubisoft: Could see Prince of Persia, especially due to that series having a notable impact over the years. Other series are more of a ? to me - Rayman and AC could theoretically be upgraded, but their situations are wonky. Series like Far Cry, Tom Clancy's and Watch Dogs do not really have much of a shot. If Sakurai wanted to truly pull off another Joker he could go for BGE's Jade.
  • Activision: While I grew up as a Blizzard fan, I'm fully with you that Crash is the frontrunner here. With Blizzard - particularily Tracer - as a pretty distant second. If Nintendo really wanted to they could go for CoD - however, it feels like CoD would have to go through a lot of hoops.
  • Falcom: Haven't played or heard much about their games, so yeah.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

SEGA- Kiryu, Arle
SNK- oof

What do you think?
Atlus: Don't really see it. I'm very much aware that Joker doesn't rep SMT at all, but considering he came in just last season, I think they might go for something else. Especially considering Atlus is a part of Sega and they have other stuff to offer.

Sega: It's possible. My bets would be on the two you mentioned, with Axel Stone and Alex Kidd as dark horses (I think their new releases came too late to be taken into account, but you never know).

Konami: Really don't see it. With Bomberman as an AT and Goemon as a Mii, that leaves... Frogger, who I don't think is DLC material despite being personally fond of the idea - or a Silent Hill character, which I don't see happening if RE couldn't make it despite being easier to tone down and being more action-oriented.

Capcom: Dante and Phoenix are the would-be frontrunners, but Amaterasu shouldn't be taken out of the running just yet. For MH... eh, considering they barely appear in Capcom's own crossovers and that Rathalos was base game content, I'm not really counting on them, even if they're still possible.

Namco: Pretty much the ones you mentioned. It's gonna be really weird if Namco ends Ultimate with only one guest considering they're literally helping with its development. But I guess weirder things have happened in Smash...

Square: Hard to say. 2B is a character I can see Nintendo/Sakurai going for and being pushed by Square, but Sakurai only met with Yoko Taro after the Pass was decided. Geno is pretty much backed up by popularity. Lara is a western character inside Square and wasn't developed in-house (a similar situation to Kunio in Arcsys, minus the western part), which could affect a potential push for her. The rest... I'm not sure if they're high profile enough. Time will tell.

Microsoft: Not only does it have two high-profile picks, they're frontrunners when it comes to western character. Very good position for a double dip.

SNK: Based on what Terry came with, I doubt it. Maybe next game.

Tecmo: Haybusa would be their frontrunner, I guess. I could see Warriors, but DoA... nah.

Arcsys: At this point, I think they have a shot. Hard to say who has the lead between Ragna and Sol, but I think either of them could happen.

Ubisoft: Don't think so... their biggest series are either Spirits or Mii Costumes. And sadly, Rayman lacks the clout in Japan.

Activision Blizzard: Crash is a general western frontrunner, nuff' said. From the Blizz side... hard to say. OW and Diablo have the Nintendo connection, but I'd argue WoW and Starcraft are more significant in the long-term.

Falcom: Probably Adol. He seems to be the closest to a "company mascot" here. From Trails, I want to say Estelle, but Rean would probably have priority due to being more recent and his games arguably being more popular.

BONUS

Riot: May or may not happen, but I think people are sleeping on the possibility really hard, especially with how close Nintendo has become with their owners in the past two years. It's a bit hard to say who would make it, but my bets would be on Ahri or Lux.

Nippon Ichi: ...Someone from Disgaea? Kinda doubt it, but hey, it's possible.

Indies: At this point, probably Reimu or Quote. Pretty much the two Indies I can see having the best shot due to their history and, in Reimu's case, japanese popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom