• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Imagine someone telling you in January that there would still be no real Direct by the end of July
Imagine someone telling you last September that that was the last time you'd get a standard Direct, including E3, for around a full year.

Had I known that then, I probably would've cried. ;_;

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
I dunno about you, but Banjo's not at the same level as Geno. Banjo's still the MAIN main character of his game and doesn't have to compete with other characters from the same series, he was actually partially owned by Nintendo at one point, he had a game that could be pushed in Rare Replay, the head of Microsoft wanted to see them in Smash, and Banjo-Kazooie was a classic of the Nintendo 64-Heck, they were even considered as mascots for the 360. SMRPG is still a Mario game, and we already have the star of the show in Smash. If it weren't for his popularity, Geno wouldn't even be considered for a moment.
Geno's much smaller than Banjo, yes, but so is his competition. Banjo was competing with the likes of Halo and Minecraft for a spot, and honestly, Minecraft makes way more sense from a business perspective than Banjo, but he made it in because of fan demand. Meanwhile, when it comes to Square-Enix, their two biggest names are already accounted for, meaning his main competition in regards to Square characters is mostly smaller IPs like Chrono Trigger, TWEWY, Bravely Default, and Nier. And while those games have their fans, they're not particularly big or highly requested for Smash whereas most of Geno's notoriety in the modern day comes from people wanting him in Smash. He's undoubtably niche but his niche is exactly the kind of people who would buy his DLC.

also there's lara croft who's definitely iconic but barely anybody brings her up for smash so make of that what you will

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Geno's much smaller than Banjo, yes, but so is his competition. Banjo was competing with the likes of Halo and Minecraft for a spot, and honestly, Minecraft makes way more sense from a business perspective than Banjo, but he made it in because of fan demand. Meanwhile, when it comes to Square-Enix, their two biggest names are already accounted for, meaning his main competition in regards to Square characters is mostly smaller IPs like Chrono Trigger, TWEWY, Bravely Default, and Nier. And while those games have their fans, they're not particularly big or highly requested for Smash whereas most of Geno's notoriety in the modern day comes from people wanting him in Smash. He's undoubtably niche but his niche is exactly the kind of people who would buy his DLC.

also there's lara croft who's definitely iconic but barely anybody brings her up for smash so make of that what you will
Uh... Chrono Trigger's a classic, Bravely Default did well enough to make Squeenix reevaluate their handling of Final freakin' Fantasy, Nier: Automata sold over 4 million copies, won lots of awards, and got a couple crossover appearances, Tomb Raider is indeed iconic and would more than likely get lots of sales, and TWETY's getting an anime, which is something you're only gonna do if you think the IP is worth continuing. They're smaller in comparison to Banjo's competition, but to say they're small as a whole is inaccurate, especially compared to Geno.

EDIT: I just sparked another Geno war, haven't I? I apologize in advance for dragging this thread back down again.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The fact that third-parties somehow compete with those within their company and seemingly no one past that is a huge misconception. From everything we know, Nintendo/Sakurai simply seek out specific characters/series, and then approach the company behind it. There's no choosing the company first and then narrowing down to a character (with the sole possible exception of Terry, but he seemingly came representing all of SNK).

The stress of intra-company competition is flawed. Really, the whole "Capcom rep/Namco rep/whoever rep" is flawed. I mean, since Pac-Man, how far has the whole "Namco rep" belief got anybody? Third-parties aren't competing with others from their own company any more than they are all the third-parties from all the other companies. So to say Banjo's competition was two-fold, and Geno's is limited to SE is just... not a proper comprehension of how things seem to operate. Making brackets within specific companies is just creating imaginary confines.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Hi, person who did lots of research into Square Enix here (please read my Second Square Enix Character Argument if you haven't already I spent like a week total making it please it's really good I promise).

Geno has fan demand, yes, but I really wouldn't underestimate any of the IPs you just mentioned:
  • Chrono Trigger is a timeless classic still highly regarded worldwide.
  • TWEWY has stayed around as a single game for over a decade, and is just now getting an anime adaptation, which shows that Square Enix still cares for the series. It's also one of the closest Square Enix properties to Nintendo, and has Sakurai and Normura's strong relationship going for it as well.
  • Bravely is being set up as Nintendo's big Square Enix series and is Square Enix's big old-timey JRPG series, which is a very popular genre nowadays.
  • Nier is becoming one of Square Enix's largest series and has seen countless crossovers and promotions within over games, both in and outside of the company. It's receiving a significant remaster of the original game and a mobile game, and also has Yoko Taro and Sakurai's friendship going for it.
Geno pretty much only has fan demand. The question is whether that's enough for Nintendo and Square Enix to add him as a playable character.
The fact that third-parties somehow compete with those within their company and seemingly no one past that is a huge misconception. From everything we know, Nintendo/Sakurai simply seek out specific characters/series, and then approach the company behind it. There's no choosing the company first and then narrowing down to a character (with the sole possible exception of Terry, but he seemingly came representing all of SNK).

The stress of intra-company competition is flawed. Really, the whole "Capcom rep/Namco rep/whoever rep" is flawed. I mean, since Pac-Man, how far has the whole "Namco rep" belief got anybody? Third-parties aren't competing with others from their own company any more than they are all the third-parties from all the other companies. So to say Banjo's competition was two-fold, and Geno's is limited to SE is just... not a proper comprehension of how things seem to operate. Making brackets within specific companies is just creating imaginary confines.
At the same time, however, comparing characters among their peers within the same company creates a paradigm with which speculators can tentatively weigh the pros and cons of a specific character's chances.

While I definitely do agree that arguing "x character is more likely over y character" is incredibly flawed, I do believe it's worth weighing different characters in a given company using the same criteria and context to evaluate their individual chances.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Yes but Banjo only had fan demand too. I think that's the point other people are making. Minecraft and Halo are a far bigger deal than Banjo. But it's Banjo we got.

Point is, its something to think about. I don't know if Geno is likely or not. Now persoanlly I only think getting a fighter through fan demand is rare. And it only happens to ones that have been requested for a very long time.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Good point. I suppose it makes speculation a bit easier, but you're right. There isn't just competition from their company, but from everyone. I think it's mostly because series and/or companies, depending on the situation, are the only characters that are mutually exclusive-Well, most likely mutually exclusive, anyways. We could easily get, say, 2B and Master Chief in the same pass, but 2B and Neku in the same pass? Not as likely. Then again, we could have a double-dip this pass...
Yes but Banjo only had fan demand too. I think that's the point other people are making. Minecraft and Halo are a far bigger deal than Banjo. But it's Banjo we got.

Point is, its something to think about. I don't know if Geno is likely or not. Now persoanlly I only think getting a fighter through fan demand is rare. And it onpy happens to ones that have been requested for a very long time.
Only fan demand? It was a major part of it, yes, but Banjo-Kazooie is a classic of the Nintendo 64 days, to the point that it was partially owned by Nintendo at one point. Heck, Banjo even debuted in Diddy Kong Racing! They're so well-known, they were actually considered as mascots for the Xbox 360. Popularity helped a lot, but to say that's all they had is simply not the truth.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was a major part of it, yes, but Banjo-Kazooie is a classic of the Nintendo 64 days, to the point that it was partially owned by Nintendo at one point. Heck, Banjo even debuted in Diddy Kong Racing! They're so well-known, they were actually considered as mascots for the Xbox 360. Popularity helped a lot, but to say that's all they had is simply not the truth.
Does Nintendo really care about that stuff unless the character is monumentally huge like Sonic, Cloud or Pac-Man?I think you're overthinking it.

Banjo was popular. Nintendo saw a potential opportunity for profit, asked Microsoft if they were interested then worked together to make it happen.

Other factors definitely come into play, but the older I get, the less I think technicalities like that matter.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At the same time, however, comparing characters among their peers within the same company creates a paradigm with which speculators can tentatively weigh the pros and cons of a specific character's chances.

While I definitely do agree that arguing "x character is more likely over y character" is incredibly flawed, I do believe it's worth weighing different characters in a given company using the same criteria and context to evaluate their individual chances.
Insofar as it creates a small pool, making it easier to sort and evaluate the choices therein, sure. But in practice it's not really any more useful to rank, for example, Geno vs. 2B vs. Lara vs. Crono than Lloyd vs. Dante vs. Reimu vs. Doom Slayer.

I'm sure some people would declare it to be a "rule" just because it hasn't happened yet, but in reality, there's nothing stopping us from getting more than one third-party from a single company within the same batch of additions. I mean, if Imran is to be believed, and generally he is credible, Nintendo was planning to deal with Square for DLC twice last time around, considering they strove for Cloud and Sora. And yes, Sora isn't owned by Square, but obviously they would be involved in the process of his inclusion.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
They're smaller in comparison to Banjo's competition
That's all I was trying to say. Not trying to knock any of those games, or say that they're not important, in fact I like most of them a lot, just saying that while Geno's not as big as Banjo, neither are most of those compared to the big guns at Microsoft. And yeah, the whole point that acting like characters that belong to certain companies are competition are stupid is a good point.

When people compare Geno's situation to Banjo, the whole point is that Banjo's a character that was chosen largely by fan demand, Microsoft really doesn't seem interested in doing anything with the IP and Nintendo has no use promoting it either. But he's really popular specifically with the Nintendo crowd, and they're the people most likely to spend money on DLC for a Nintendo-centric game on a Nintendo console. Geno may not be as big or important, but he appeals to a very similar niche, which is why I think it's a fair comparison.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I don't think Banjo nor Geno's past prominence really matters considering they're dead characters from dormant franchises (saying this as a huge BK fan - it's dead Jim,). People want them in because they want them in and they've been loud enough that Sakurai has heard them. There's an obvious advertizing angle to having them as well - a pure fanpick attracts attention differently to the more modern relevant characters. Thing is, Square probably expects a lot more than Microsoft does out of any licensing deal. MS was happy to do it for some attention, good will and merchandise tie-ins. Square wanted hardcore advertizing for Hero and because of their licensing problems they only put in the minimum when it comes to music and spirits.

tl;dr I think Square wants to get the most out of any deal and Geno doesn't offer it to them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's all I was trying to say. Not trying to knock any of those games, or say that they're not important, in fact I like most of them a lot, just saying that while Geno's not as big as Banjo, neither are most of those compared to the big guns at Microsoft. And yeah, the whole point that acting like characters that belong to certain companies are competition are stupid is a good point.

When people compare Geno's situation to Banjo, the whole point is that Banjo's a character that was chosen largely by fan demand, Microsoft really doesn't seem interested in doing anything with the IP and Nintendo has no use promoting it either. But he's really popular specifically with the Nintendo crowd, and they're the people most likely to spend money on DLC for a Nintendo-centric game on a Nintendo console. Geno may not be as big or important, but he appeals to a very similar niche, which is why I think it's a fair comparison.
If you want to look at things through the lens of just SE, Geno basically has always been the most demanded choice, but we got Cloud and then Hero instead. Presumably because those are much more prevalent entities. And to that end, there are still many more prevalent entities within SE.

So what's "worked" for Banjo already hasn't worked for Geno. Twice. So just that by itself invalidates the comparison. Let alone all the other factors like the difference between the stature of the two characters.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I don't think Banjo nor Geno's past prominence really matters considering they're dead characters from dormant franchises (saying this as a huge BK fan - it's dead Jim,). People want them in because they want them in and they've been loud enough that Sakurai has heard them. There's an obvious advertizing angle to having them as well - a pure fanpick attracts attention differently to the more modern relevant characters. Thing is, Square probably expects a lot more than Microsoft does out of any licensing deal. MS was happy to do it for some attention, good will and merchandise tie-ins. Square wanted hardcore advertizing for Hero and because of their licensing problems they only put in the minimum when it comes to music and spirits.

tl;dr I think Square wants to get the most out of any deal and Geno doesn't offer it to them.
I gotta disagree. Square has played ball with Geno before. I can't imagine that getting the licensing for a playable character is THAT much harder than getting the licensing for a Mii Costume, Assist Trophy, or even a Spirit.
I think the challenge with characters is that character slots take more development time and require more time investment.
Nintendo could probably get virtually any character they wanted.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You can't compare Banjo with Geno. Geno had 1 game and he was a side character. Banjo had 2 HUGE games that redifined the 3d collectathon, andhe was basically a nintendo 2nd party at the time. I mean, if Nintendo bought Rare instead of microsoft, Banjo would have been in smash by Brawl, even Melee.

I am still baffled nintendo just let rare go then. They really do so many questionable decisions. That, the current stuff, droping the sony deal for philiups that then gave birth to playstation, and many more

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am still baffled nintendo just let rare go then. They really do so many questionable decisions.
If I remember correctly, it was because they had to.

Basically the founders of Rare owned 51% of the company, while Nintendo owned 49%.

The founders eventually sold their part to Microsoft while Nintendo was stuck with less than half.

They couldn't really do anything but sell it at that point.

Maybe BKupa666 BKupa666 can provide some insight.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
You can't compare Banjo with Geno. Geno had 1 game and he was a side character. Banjo had 2 HUGE games that redifined the 3d collectathon, andhe was basically a nintendo 2nd party at the time. I mean, if Nintendo bought Rare instead of microsoft, Banjo would have been in smash by Brawl, even Melee.

I am still baffled nintendo just let rare go then. They really do so many questionable decisions. That, the current stuff, droping the sony deal for philiups that then gave birth to playstation, and many more
Nintendo was right to dump Sony. Sony would've gotten partial ownership of Mario and Zelda.
That's a fate worse than death.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Basically the founders of Rare owned 51% of the company, while Nintendo owned 49%.

The founders eventually sold their part to Microsoft while Nintendo was stuck with less than half.

Also, if I remember correctly, by that point a lot of the prominent developers on Banjo and Donkey Kong had left Rare, which meant that there was less veteran talent to work with.

I may be wrong here, so feel free to correct me if so.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

It's true; they were put in a bind where their competitor was to have a controlling share in the company, but before Rare even started shopping themselves around, Nintendo did forego the opportunity to buy out the 51%. They were the first ones Rare approached.

I know people claim that Rare was already slipping and missing deadlines by the time they were sold, and while the latter might be true, I'm not so sure about the former. I suspect that might just be people trying to rationalize it. Otherwise they really aren't being cut much slack, I mean the final games most of the teams made before the sale were titles like Banjo-Tooie, Conker and Perfect Dark - all fantastic classics. Even with some staff turnaround, I'm sure we would've still received quality titles from them afterwards with the proper management.

One of the biggest tragedies in gaming was Microsoft's mismanagement of Rare, imo. They were really made for Nintendo. At least, from our perspective. I guess Nintendo thought differently.

Also, if I remember correctly, by that point a lot of the prominent developers on Banjo and Donkey Kong had left Rare, which meant that there was less veteran talent to work with.

I may be wrong here, so feel free to correct me if so.
To my knowledge, the main significant departures pre-buyout were from the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark team, who went to go create the TimeSplitters series. Most of the other notable devs didn't leave until into their tenure with Microsoft.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace

Every major platform holder has been their own worst enemy at some point. They just never realize it until it's too late.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Nintendo wanted to get rid Rare because they want to focus on their home studios. Iwata and his fellows preferred that and that's the reason (among other) why they get ridded of Rare, Factor 5 or Silicon Knights. Retro Studios stayed with them just only because of Metroid Prime success.

Regarding Banjo, we don't know what are Microsoft full plans with the IP, if they will revived Perfect Dark, I can see another try on a new Banjo-Kazooie game, or at least, full remakes of N64 games (like Crash or Spyro trilogies). I mean, Banjo has potential to be a true system seller if it's done correctly. Super Mario Odyssey or Crash N'Sane Trilogy proved that there is a healthy market for 3D platformers (either linear or sandbox style). We only know that if they are working on a new Banjo game, it won't be developed by Rare (they said recently that they don't want to work with their old IPs and focus and new ones like Everwild), just as the rumored Perfect Dark is being developed by The Initiative.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo wanted to get rid Rare because they want to focus on their home studios. Iwata and his fellows preferred that and that's the reason (among other) why they get ridded of Rare, Factor 5 or Silicon Knights. Retro Studios stayed with them just only because of Metroid Prime success.
I'm not sure how true this is. During the late fifth-sixth gen era not only did they first start collaborating with Retro, Camelot, Skip, Next Level and Monster Games, they let Sega use F-Zero, Namco use Star Fox, Donkey Kong, and Mario Sports, Capcom use Zelda and Kirby and even let Mario go play EA sports and Dance Dance Revolution.

Plus, Factor 5 kept working with Nintendo into the Wii era. At one point they were working on a Kid Icarus reboot. And as far as Silicon Knights... they only collaborated twice with Nintendo in the first place, and one of those was a Metal Gear port.

And if success was the barometer for them to embrace Retro, then what Rare offered far exceeded the success levels of Metroid Prime. I mean Goldeneye sold four times what Metroid Prime did.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how true this is. During the late fifth-sixth gen era not only did they first start collaborating with Retro, Camelot, Skip, Next Level and Monster Games, they let Sega use F-Zero, Namco use Star Fox, Donkey Kong, and Mario Sports, Capcom use Zelda and Kirby and even let Mario go play EA sports and Dance Dance Revolution.

Plus, Factor 5 kept working with Nintendo into the Wii era. At one point they were working on a Kid Icarus reboot. And as far as Silicon Knights... they only collaborated twice with Nintendo in the first place, and one of those was a Metal Gear port.

And if success was the barometer for them to embrace Retro, then what Rare offered far exceeded the success levels of Metroid Prime. I mean Goldeneye sold four times what Metroid Prime did.
Camelot, Skip and other third party publishers you mentioned are japanese (except EA but that wasn't a full game). What I mean is that under Iwata's management, they preferred to work with local developers (and they do nowadays, like Koei-Tecmo, who developed their last 2 FE games, Warriors and Three Houses). If I'm not wrong (this is late NGC/GBA, Wii/DS and 3DS/WiiU era), they wanted Miyamoto to supervise every nintendo related project, and he couldn't work well with overseas studios (he doesn't even speak english!).

Now things has changed and I think they will be more open with western studios (like they let Ubisoft developed Mario + Rabbids or put Star Fox content in Starlink).

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman

To add to this, they didn't get rid of Silicon Knights. The studio wanted to use Unreal engine 3 for their dream project, Too Human, but the Wii didn't support it, so they patterned whit Microsoft instead. Let's just say that it didn't work out that well for them in the end

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Guys, why haven't you learned? No character that gets into the game has to have any rhyme or reason beyond Sakurai going "Oooj, that would be fun!" and the owners being OK with it. How "Dead" a franchise is doesn't matter nor how "Alive" it is. Nothing is off the table. Sakurai could put Sonny from Mario Golf 64 into the game if he wanted to and was allowed.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Camelot, Skip and other third party publishers you mentioned are japanese (except EA but that wasn't a full game). What I mean is that under Iwata's management, they preferred to work with local developers (and they do nowadays, like Koei-Tecmo, who developed their last 2 FE games, Warriors and Three Houses). If I'm not wrong (this is late NGC/GBA, Wii/DS and 3DS/WiiU era), they wanted Miyamoto to supervise every nintendo related project, and he couldn't work well with overseas studios (he doesn't even speak english!).

Now things has changed and I think they will be more open with western studios (like they let Ubisoft developed Mario + Rabbids or put Star Fox content in Starlink).
Retro and Monster are American, Next Level is Canadian. You mentioned three they lost (though again, Factor 5 was later), here are three they gained.
Plus this was also at the peak of NST's output, with Wave Race, 1080 and Mario vs DK.

I won't argue that the majority of Nintendo's collaborators are Japanese, but I think as much can probably be said for any big Japanese game company, with the only exception likely being Sony.

And yeah, Miyamoto does oversee most if not all the projects, but Nintendo has companies across the globe that specialize in translation. Rare may have been the first non-Japanese dev Nintendo began a close working relationship with, but they certainly weren't the last.

Though yes, now they seem even more open to collaborate with western devs, which is nice. However, I don't think any of them have reached the level of success as Rare did when partnered with Nintendo, so their decision not to acquire the company remains strange to me.

To add to this, they didn't get rid of Silicon Knights. The studio wanted to use Unreal engine 3 for their dream project, Too Human, but the Wii didn't support it, so they patterned whit Microsoft instead. Let's juts that it didn't work out that well for them
Well, there you go.

Though I doubt Nintendo would've let them make another Eternal Darkness anyway.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
L is real:

Born too late to explore the world.
Born too soon to explore the stars.
Born just in time to witness L being real.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
With all these leaks going on, you think we'll finally find out the identity of pra_mai?
If it's not Plusle and Minun I don't even want to know.
It is on the F-zero stage port town, but he post it today specifically today because it's R.O.B. 35th anniversary in Japan today.
Oooh, happy birthday R.O.B.!
Guys, why haven't you learned? No character that gets into the game has to have any rhyme or reason beyond Sakurai going "Oooj, that would be fun!" and the owners being OK with it. How "Dead" a franchise is doesn't matter nor how "Alive" it is. Nothing is off the table. Sakurai could put Sonny from Mario Golf 64 into the game if he wanted to and was allowed.
Yeah, Sakurai is a wildly unprofessional creator with no vision or focus beyond his own personal whims! That's the kind of guy that's allowed to direct a multi-million dollar entertainment product that has to placate multiple IP holders!

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
If it's not Plusle and Minun I don't even want to know.

Oooh, happy birthday R.O.B.!

Yeah, Sakurai is a wildly unprofessional creator with no vision or focus beyond his own personal whims! That's the kind of guy that's allowed to direct a multi-million dollar entertainment product that has to placate multiple IP holders!
The point is this: There is no video game character who can "Never ever" get in. I wish people could see past this out dated mindset.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The point is this: There is no video game character who can "Never ever" get in. I wish people could see past this out dated mindset.
This ≠ characters are added with no rhyme or reason. Characters are added for reasons, a wide array of reasons in fact, many of which we know of. To pretend there's no logic behind Smash is kind of disrespectful to what probably has a lot of thought and care put into it.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
This ≠ characters are added with no rhyme or reason. Characters are added for reasons, a wide array of reasons in fact, many of which we know of. To pretend there's no logic behind Smash is kind of disrespectful to what probably has a lot of thought and care put into it.
It's not really a deep process. All that's really required is that Sakurai Nintendo and the publisher are ok with it and from what I know Nintendo usually let him add who he wants, except in the case of this DLC where Nintendo approved the list. That's not to say that there;s this complicated reasoning that goes into it. Most of the time Sakurai picks who he thinks would be fun, not who is "Relevant" or "Marketable," No character is beyond a possibility if Sakurai sees potential in them. Perhaps "No logic" was a stretch, but the fact people still place arbitrary reasons as to why a character "Can't" get in is baffling. He doesn't WORK like that.

QQS

Smash Lord
EF1EA4C4-2199-4E00-866B-249628160A3F.jpeg

GENO AWAKENS!

Geno will be character #77. Vista Hill or Forest Maze stage. The 2 copyrighted songs and even more remixed by Yoko Shimomura herself. Mallow summoned in his Final Smash doing Star Rain and Geno Flash together, just like how Proto Man aids Mega Man and Chrom aids Robin. Also Mallow as a Costume or even a Premium to have the Party complete. Pack of spirits with notable characters like Smithy. CGI starring Mario, Kirby and/or Rosalina. At the end a nice Square Enix reference with Cloud, Hero and Geno posing together. Epic reveal and revival after 24 years. Fresh and fun mechanics with Timed Hits. Beautiful HD design. Final big wish granted. Thanks to Sakurai, Nintendo, Square Enix and most notably, people like us who keep Geno alive through Fan Art and passion. This is happening. GENO ALIGNS! GENO JOINS THE PARTY!

Just what I believe is happening. Hope everyone’s favorite character join the battle one day! And a toast for everyone’s favorite character who already is a fighter.

I never post in the Newcomer Thread but just passing by to say this: never throw garbage to other people Fan Favorites characters, it’s a waste of time and so unfair. Let people live and wish things as they want. Wishes of other people don’t harm anyone.

On the other hand, Smash is already perfect in Base-Game and it’s still being more amazing with each DLC. Hope every character we love made it in.

Pretty sure these characters has the best chances:

Geno (for me he is in playable already)
Crash (same here)
Rayman
Sora
Isaac
Lloyd (probably almost sure he is in)
Dixie
Bandana
Waluigi
Paper Mario
Another Zelda rep (hopefully Skull Kid)
Another Sonic rep (Eggman or Tails)
And probably a few more!

Best wishes from Chile and sorry for my English.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I finally decided to make what I want for the rest of fighter pass 2. Feel free to give ur opinions on it.View attachment 280164
I like Geno. We could really do with some more gunner type characters and I don't see why Geno wouldn't be fun as a character unless they really mess things up.

I don't like Waluigi. Mainly because all everyone suggests for him is a sports moveset which is pretty boring in my opinion. I like Duke of Dorks idea of an original moveset that involves cheating to win. Way better than giving him a bunch of sports equipment. I don't like Wii Fit Trainer for this reason.

I don't like Crazy Dave. No particular reason. I just don't like the character.

I like Doom Guy. His oppressive, punishing vibe with a side of Professionalism really appeals to me. Despite wanting more gunner characters, I mostly want him to be Rush-down bruiser where he attacks with his fists and Double Barrel Shotgun. Then I can beat up Isabelle with him because that friendship is fake and Isabelle ruins everything for me!

I don't like Steve. I don't like his design and I don't like the way he moves. He could have the potential to have a great moveset but I mostly see him using a Sword and Shield for most of his attacks with maybe some Villager/Isabelle sort of specials.

2/5 for me. I'd still buy it anyway.

Point is, its something to think about. I don't know if Geno is likely or not. Now persoanlly I only think getting a fighter through fan demand is rare. And it only happens to ones that have been requested for a very long time.
We really did luck out with Phil Spencer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom