• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They HAVE announced stuff late on Sunday right? Like the 8/8 Ult presentation?
The 8/8 presentation was announced at EVO though, so that's very much an outlier compared to your regular Direct announcements. I think if there's a Direct tomorrow, it probably has to be a shadowdrop at this point.

TenghsienYang

Smash Cadet
At this point, definitely a shadowdrop. I could be wrong, maybe we get a last minute announcement. The last direct was shadowdropped, so I'll be patient.

Regardless, Kelios knows if he's wrong, his reputation is on the line.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I will say this guys, just hype responsibly. I think it seems tommorow for sure we are getting something, given how many people, not just 1 guy, are saying things.

As for mini vs general, who cares? We got smash news in minis before, and good game announcements as well, so just relax.

If you guys are worried about spoilers, just dont go on twitter. Is that so hard? Ill just be watching the youtube channel for it to drop.

As for what will be shown, i think we can see smash news for sure, thats no doubt. They had something planned for e3 for sure, if only just a trailer, and they should have had a trailer ready by now. If not, we should get something i think, maybe just a logo, or even how mewtwo was shown first.

Otherwise, mario 35th anniversary stuff is basically a non secret now, so that we shall see. Otherwise i would like to see anything. I want to know how much i need to budget if i am also getting a ps5 this year.

All in all, hype responsibly, what ever happens happens, and ill be shocked if we got nothing smash, even if its just an announcement of an announcement.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Anyway wild card pick I'm suspecting Strider Hiryu may get some slight acknowledgement for some
in terms of smash? as much as i would love that, strider is in a weird situation where he's not exactly a full-on video game character

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At this point, definitely a shadowdrop. I could be wrong, maybe we get a last minute announcement. The last direct was shadowdropped, so I'll be patient.

Regardless, Kelios knows if he's wrong, his reputation is on the line.
not just him, but all the other insiders (incl. Zippo) who backed it too

also, tbf the last "direct" was a mini, i dont think they ever shadowdropped a FULL direct before

Maybe tomorrow will simply be the announcement? Unless it’s a mini and it’s not some other sort of presentation, it makes no sense for a general direct to just get shadow dropped on a Monday

Calamitas

Smash Champion
natedrake saying on resetera that he doesn't expect any smash news in the rumoured direct

now it's time to perish
Actually, wait, I've been wondering. Was it actually his wording that he doesn't expect any Smash news, or that we shouldn't expect any Smash news? Because if it's the former, it could really be just him speculating, rather than relaying what he knows.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I was thinking about trying one of the GBA Fire Emblem games on the Wii U (I've only played Awakening, Fates, and Three Houses, and I was thinking that maybe the perma-death mechanic isn't as bad as I thought it was), but this makes me glad that I didn't get the Sacred Stones, because I already dislike Ephraim based on that description alone.
Bro Ephraim saved my Sacred Stones Ephraim Hard Mode Ironman run so many ****ing times you talk **** about my guy you gotta go through me.

Being serious, this has been a very interesting build up to a Direct. The timer's running short, and either we get an announcement in a couple of hours or we likely don't get a direct tomorrow. If we don't, I wonder why pretty much every insider (except Jeff Grub–Grubbers rise up) has been pointing towards Monday.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So I got a question. Last time they shadow dropped a Direct, how much time was there between the anouncement and the Direct? Was it announced an hour before the Direct? 4 hours? Or did they not make any sirt of announcement and just *plop* it right there without warning?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I got a question. Last time they shadow dropped a Direct, how much time was there between the anouncement and the Direct? Was it announce an hour before the Direct? 4 hours?
Nope. They just straight up announced it and it uploaded at the same time of the tweet.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Actually, wait, I've been wondering. Was it actually his wording that he doesn't expect any Smash news, or that we shouldn't expect any Smash news? Because if it's the former, it could really be just him speculating, rather than relaying what he knows.
This is the post for those curious.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...n-with-the-wind.245581/page-343#post-40114065
He said "I don't think we see anything about the next fighter in this Direct. Too soon, in my view. " He then later on in the thread said
"They could tease the next fighter similar to what we saw them do with an ARMS inclusion -- basically just name the IP and go silent for a couple of months."
Maybe I am overly optimistic, but this very much sounds like speculation on his part, rather than an actual leak. That being said, we should always keep our expectations in check.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bro Ephraim saved my Sacred Stones Ephraim Hard Mode Ironman run so many ****ing times you talk **** about my guy you gotta go through me.

Being serious, this has been a very interesting build up to a Direct. The timer's running short, and either we get an announcement in a couple of hours or we likely don't get a direct tomorrow. If we don't, I wonder why pretty much every insider (except Jeff Grub–Grubbers rise up) has been pointing towards Monday.
One thing about Ephraim however, his caps are terrible. Could've easily added 10 more points to his offensive stats, and he'd reach them. But no.

Early game he's amazing though.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...n-with-the-wind.245581/page-343#post-40114065
He said "I don't think we see anything about the next fighter in this Direct. Too soon, in my view. " He then later on in the thread said
"They could tease the next fighter similar to what we saw them do with an ARMS inclusion -- basically just name the IP and go silent for a couple of months."
Maybe I am overly optimistic, but this very much sounds like speculation on his part, rather than an actual leak. That being said, we should always keep our expectations in check.
If they don't show the fighter in the next Direct, I'd personally bet on them moving the trailer to its own presentation, like they did with Min Min. They could simply give us a date for that and then move on from there.
One thing about Ephraim however, his caps are terrible. Could've easily added 10 more points to his offensive stats, and he'd reach them. But no.

Early game he's amazing though.
I don't know what you're talking about because my Ephraim was consistently amazing. Dude was a linchpin for my strategy, and he pulled through every time when I needed him. Even in the many failed attempts I had.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah ok thanks, that does show he doesnt really know.
Just surprised he says it's a full direct.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's definitely him speculating. If the Direct is happening, we'll definitely get a new fighter.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Yeah, that really does sound like speculation to me. Guess my hunch on that was right.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Just woke up and realized I said konami for nightmare on accident lmao. I was half asleep typing out that list so whoops

zferolie

Smash Hero
I mean. We got joker what, 4 months before his release? Banjo was just a trailer and it was 3 months out. So there is nothing against just showing a trailer then nothing for awhile.

People saying its too soon seem to be thinking we will also get them playable right away too, which is expecting too much

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Someone posted a template for a Spirit Board creation yesterday, and I decided to use it to show my "ideal" FP vol.2 conclusion.
View attachment 279243
I'm... not very good at photoshop. The characters (bottom to top) that the Spirit Boards go with are PMD Grovyle, Bandana Dee, Maxwell Scribblenauts (he was the toughest, there aren't many notable Scribblenauts characters), Frisk, and Megaman X.
That would be a GARBAGE fighter pass Im sorry.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I am prepared for all outcomes.

Untitled.png

Your move, Doug. :bowsette:

Anyways, since Pokemon was brought up, I am legally obligated to remind everyone that Cinderace is the best Pokemon ever made.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that Nintendo is going super secret on smash and zelda stuff, they really want the surprise factor.

btw, I think that the only “guess character” that would be fun if its a Capcom character. Simply because they are many possible options and they all would be great additions.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
At the very least, Pokemon would work better than ARMS. There are about 10 or so options who I could easily see being chosen.
And everyone will immediately go to Rillaboom, Cinderace, Toxicitry, and Urshifu, because of course they would. Depending on how far along it is, maybe trade out Urshifu for Calyrex.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Real talk, if the Mario rumors are true, I really, really hope the SM64 remaster looks even half as good as the SM64 SGI Project.

If it's just a straight up port and some fans on a Discord server outdid them, then that's gonna be pretty doggone disappointing, lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
picture this:

>"The next character is from Square Enix"
>in the pic are Agnes, Seth (BD II), Crono, Chocobo, Sora, Geno, a Star Ocean character, 2B, Lara Croft, Gex, and Neku Sakuraba
>no Sephiroth or (lmao) Max Caulfield but that does little to calm the ABSOLUTE NUCLEAR STATE HERE

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
As much as I like pokemon and I have dozens of favorite designs, Id prefer to have other characters in smash. We have too mich pokemon already in smash and each one they develop dosent add anything new or is very exciting

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Real talk, if the Mario rumors are true, I really, really hope the SM64 remaster looks even half as good as the SM64 SGI Project.

If it's just a straight up port and some fans on a Discord server outdid them, then that's gonna be pretty doggone disappointing, lol.
Looks like if SM64 was ported to the GameCube or Wii. If Nintendo can't be bothered to even reach that level of graphics, then that would definitely be rather embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom