• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
A direct happening soon is a given. The upcoming days are looking good in terms of gaming news if you ask me. Xbox's showcase happening the 23rd, Nintendo Direct for the 20th if insiders are right, Ghost of Tsushima and Paper Mario releasing this friday. Cool.

I'm not expecting a double reveal at all, just one announcement for Smash.

No one is saying that one character is going to satisfy everyone but a generally well received character is better to end the lineup than a character that is mixed. Bayonetta is a generally liked character while Incineroar and Byleth were more mixed.
I agree with that. But we can't really do anything about it. It's up to Nintendo, so while it would be cool to have a popular name as FP11, it probably won't be the case. Popular names will appear early or mid pass, if we use Pass 1 as a reference. Maaaybe this time they will do things different, who knows, and the big hitters will appear at the end, but I doubt it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Are y’all SURE y’all heard Crash in that video? Can anyone else confirm it?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Ok but

Can you imagine if they announced an Indie World

Nintendo Twitter would go ****ing nuclear

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Mad excited if this really means a new Direct and reveal. What I love is that no one really knows who it is. It could be anyone from Waluigi to Dante to a new Pokemon to Travis Touchdown to Sora to something wild like Sakura Shinguji, Kazuma Kiryu, or Kratos. We truly do not know.

I think whoever comes next will help us understand the general tone of the rest of the pass. Either way, I just can't wait to see who it is. If Sakurai could give the Arms rep one of the best Smash trailers ever and surprise us with Min Min, I know whoever comes forth in the future will be just as cool if not cooler!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
T
Wait, what? What video?
the video embedded in HotGirlVideos69’s latest tweet

the one that says “very very soon” there’s a creepily distorted voice saying something. Someone said they heard it say Crash

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
T

the video embedded in HotGirlVideos69’s latest tweet

the one that says “very very soon” there’s a creepily distorted voice saying something. Someone said they heard it say Crash
Beo, this sounds like a classic example of tricking your brain into thinking you heard what you were thinking you heard because I 100% didnt hear anything close to "Crash"

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/

I guess I should have clarified that the new tag is removed on the front page.

And even if that distorted voice sounded similar to Crash, it could easily be someone with a similar sounding name distorted like Travis.

And honest hot take, Travis > Crash.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why do y'all think it's Crash? Nothing the video says hints towards that. Here's what the video says:
Very very soon.
It finally makes itself yours.
When it opens its eyes.
Nothing in that hints at Crash to me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hearing certain character names is literally just one of these:

It's malleable audio, you can make it whatever you want.

I.D.

Smash Lord

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
You know it's crazy to me that people complain about how toxic the community is... All the while wanting to see something bad happen that makes them toxic.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
You know I think this will be the first time since Joker that a 3rd party character won't be leaked before the reveal, assuming that CP7 is another guest. Unless some insider opens their mouth soon.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know it's crazy to me that people complain about how toxic the community is... All the while wanting to see something bad happen that makes them toxic.
People just want to feel morally superior nowadays. Even if it requires being... not morally superior.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/

I guess I should have clarified that the new tag is removed on the front page.

And even if that distorted voice sounded similar to Crash, it could easily be someone with a similar sounding name distorted..
You're all clearly not hearing "Dash", because none of you are ready for the SSBU debut of space smuggler Dash Rendar, making his grand return to Nintedo consoles after 25 years.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
As much as I want Crash Bandicoot to join Smash, I didn't hear **** in that video that sounded like his name.

That being said I still believe he has a very solid shot and seems like one of the more likeliest 3rd party characters to make the roster and would be kind of surprised if doesn't make the cut.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm pretty sure the video is a half troll.

They're doubling down, but the video itself means nothing.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Hearing [insert wanted character here]'s name in hotgirlvideos69's tweet giving me flashbacks to 'I swear my most wanted is hiding in the Grinch banner'

Much as I wanted to believe, Mach Rider was not riding Skull Kid like a bike

... not that it mattered anyway

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
"I swear, I'm gonna lose it if we get another shillmon. Also, I hope we get a shillmon and every popular character gets deconfirmed via Mii Costume. LOL imagine the salt!"

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I haven't seen any Geno fans saying that, I feel like your yanking my chain a bit. :096:
It's supposed to be a joke. People are hearing what they want to hear and seeing what they want to see.

If people listened to the video enough times, I'm sure they could legitimately convince themselves that they heard their favorite character's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom