• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
In all seriousness, Pokemon newcomers have always had unique movesets and unique designs. I'm sure a few people will probably dislike the character at first for being Pokemon, but I think most would warm up to it after a week or so.

That being said, I don't expect a Pokemon. Historically, Pokemon characters have never been revealed at E3.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
E3 has been cancelled since what? February? I think Nintendo would have time to repurpose their marketing so I don’t think this Direct (if real) is going to be “the E3 direct but not E3 but still all the hype ever”
E3 presentation take often the full year to prepare with a dedicated team on it depending on the studio.

E3 was cancelled since February when the bad bad virus started. So I let you take a guess on how much time they had to redo all of their marketing.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
E3 presentation take often the full year to prepare with a dedicated team on it depending on the studio.

E3 was cancelled since February when the bad bad virus started. So I let you take a guess on how much time they had to redo all of their marketing.
Oh, I didn’t know that, thanks for the heads-up!

osby

Smash Obsessed
If the next fighter was initially supposed to be grouped with Min Min, I can see them being a third party since Smash has a habit of revealing first parties and third parties together.

Just some food for thought.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Min Min doesn't seem like she'd be E3 material. She's a cool character, but she's not a big, influential icon, nor is she highly requested. Usually, we've had big characters for E3, especially when DLC is involved. Who knows, maybe they'll push a new reveal forward to fill the gap.
That being said, only one new character seems logical, especially since this isn't the E3 Direct anymore.
Cinderace is my top pick but I'm honestly fine with anything that isn't Urshifu, or the weird, big head one who's name I can't remember from the second half of the DLC.
You mean Calyrex?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If the next fighter was initially supposed to be grouped with Min Min, I can see them being a third party since Smash has a habit of revealing first parties and third parties together.

Or, if it's really a repurposed E3 direct, it might be a third parties since smash always had them there.
You can argue that Ultimate initial trailer didnt had one, but Snake coming back with the tagline "everyone is here" could as well count as one.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Urshifu is the only pick that would disappoint me. They sort of already did the whole "martial artist Pokemon" thing with Lucario, and I'm not eager to see a second.

Not really crazy about any of the starters. Cinderace is my favorite in the games, but I think it'd make a boring fighter. Out of the three, I'd probably choose Inteleon just because it has the most to work with.

I'm sure everyone already knows which Pokemon I want, so covering them probably isn't necessary.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
HotGirlVideos69 predicted this.

Clearly it means its a hot girl.

ITS HAPPENING

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Screw Urshifu, screw Cinderace, screw Rillaboom

you know what Gen 8 we REALLY need?

ZARUDE SANDSTORM.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Min Min doesn't seem like she'd be E3 material. She's a cool character, but she's not a big, influential icon, nor is she highly requested. Usually, we've had big characters for E3, especially when DLC is involved. Who knows, maybe they'll push a new reveal forward to fill the gap.
That being said, only one new character seems logical, especially since this isn't the E3 Direct anymore.
I don't think it's that weird for Min Min to have been planned for E3, we've had first party characters like Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Miis and Palutena revealed there before, and while you can argue they've each got specific things over Min Min, she still very much falls into the same category as those. Besides, E3 was cancelled so late that I think it's practically guaranteed she was supposed to have been revealed there, it's not like they had time to shift development, and iirc Sakurai mentioned that they've largely still been on schedule despite having to work from home, so it's unlikely she was meant to have been released earlier.

I think the original plan was probably Min Min + big shot 3rd party, kinda like how we had Mega Man and Pac-Man accompany the first party examples I gave above.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Even though I feel like there's a decent chance the character is third-party, I don't think this is really a pattern. Every third-party in the DLC so far was first revealed alongside another third-party or alone. The base roster third-parties are the only ones who were grouped with first-parties, and that's understandable considering how they only had six months to reveal 12 characters.

E3 2018 revealed nothing but first-parties, and E3 2019 revealed nothing but third-parties. It's entirely possible this year could stay in one lane and stick with first-parties.

D

Deleted member

Whats with all the pokemon talk? Something happen to make it likely? Are we expecting something soon? Pages have moved up by around 15 since the last time I was here; its too much to sift through lol.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
People are sleeping on the wailing and nashing of teeth when the character you didn't want gets revealed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People are sleeping on the wailing and nashing of teeth when the character you didn't want gets revealed.
What are you talking about?

It's confirmed to happen regardless of who it is.

7NATOR

Smash Master
And Reimu too. Touhou's probably the biggest indie series, even if it's not as well known outside Japan. That'd usually be a bit of an issue, but I think it makes up for it by being HUGE in Japan.
I'm gonna be honest, I think People have recently been awake to Touhou recently. I wouldn't say she's slept on anymore

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm gonna throw the bone and make a wild prediction.

Geno as 77 at the start with Waluigi revealed as a separate bonus as 78.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Everyone is gangsta until we get Shillmon gen 8.
You thought the ARMS Filler Arc was fun, now get ready for...

The Pokémon Gen 8 Filler Arc!

Don't worry though. We're building up to the Geno Fallout Arc, where all the real **** goes down.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You thought the ARMS Filler Arc was fun, now get ready for...

The Pokémon Gen 8 Filler Arc!

Don't worry though. We're building up to the Geno Fallout Arc, where all the real **** goes down.
Imagine the ****storm this website will go, no, internet will go if we do indeed get a Shillmon gen8 and during their presentation Geno, Sora and others fan favorite get Mii'd into the shadow realm.

I almost want that.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Imagine the ****storm this website will go, no, internet will go if we do indeed get a Shillmon gen8 and during their presentation Geno, Sora and others fan favorite get Mii'd into the shadow realm.

I almost want that.
geno mii costume announced during mr. sakurai presents rillaboom

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if they do announce two more. By this point last year, we knew 3 fighters of a 5 character pass. Here, we only knew 1 fighter of a 6 character pass. I think it might make sense to announce two characters: one with gameplay and the other one would be a tease.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
geno mii costume announced during mr. sakurai presents rillaboom
I'm actually really worried about what would happen if someone like Klonoa or Bandana Dee dropped a bombshell like that with the Miis. Most of my most wanteds are either niche or have something held against them, and if a big request gets deconfirmed with them, that might seriously impact their reputation. Geno's Mii would ideally come with someone like Crash, Dante, or Doomguy; A heavy-hitter who could afford to take one for the team.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Y’ALL

SHE DOUBLING DOWN

AND TRIPLING

AND QUADRUPLING

LETS GET THIS BREAD *****ES

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Still deeply hate the idea of a Gen 8 Pokémon coming in the Fighter Pass, but I kind of want them to rip that bandaid off and get it over with. I’m convinced it’s happening, I’d rather they just show them now instead of waiting til the end like they did with Byleth. At the very least it’ll put an end to the endless “which one will they choose” debate so we finally can stop talking about Pokémon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom