• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Tekken isn't a possibility for a character anymore, I wouldn't mind some awesome Tekken spirits.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Gonna go against the current and say we will get a direct this week or next.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's so weird seeing you guys just speculating on Smash DLC while the Smash competitive scene is on fire
Well the two things are only linked by the game, no one involved in the terribleness that's gone on in the convention centres has had anything to do with the actual game development.
And different people cope with bad news in different ways.

SKX31

Smash Master
It's so weird seeing you guys just speculating on Smash DLC while the Smash competitive scene is on fire
Also, most of the talk re: the recent events is being moved to the social thread. And understandably so: it might be best not to talk about the screwed up parts much here (Sky's house). That said, Nintendo still considers those not involved in the scandals like VikkiKitty (commentator and one of the people that called for major changes within the community) Brand Ambassador, so that's good.

Gimme Bryan Fury please, at the very least put my main in Smash.
Gimme Kuma and / or Panda.

I want to see strange rolls and moves all day long.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In hindsight maybe glitch theory is baseless after all

apparently Min Min has a random chance of t-posing, idk what causes it but it happens on almost any stage

sometimes a chair is just a chair...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hate EA for ruining good old Spore...
Even in an industry of darkness and managerial horror, EA is the worst. If they weren't supported by their monopoly on Football games (the real kind and the padded kind) their incompetence would have killed them long ago.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!!
(Note: the link listed in the tweet requires a full membership to view the whole article)
There was a problem fetching the tweet

If Microsoft acquires WB Games, then Maxwell (Scribblenauts), Mortal Kombat, and other WB IP character(s) would be a Microsoft IP character(s). Even more possible Microsoft contenders for Smash.

I am looking forward to Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct.
While I'm not against Microsoft buying them out (they seemed to have learned from their mistakes with Rare), how many studios would that give them? Because they own a LOT of studios at the moment.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At the same time though, I actually want Nintendo to buy the rights to the WB games so Scorpion could finally be in Smash.

As unlikely as this all maybe.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I mean, as long as MK's females don't look weird (no offense).
The females aren't very problematic in this game nor MKX. I'd say Sheeva is the only weird looking one and that's only because her face isn't the most fitting for her in my opinion.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Made some Kirby packs. 5 of them because the next 5 fighter packs are totally gonna be these guys. Decided to actually explain the content behind these packs instead of letting the images speak for themselves.

If this pass is somehow all themed around "second-chances" or whatever, it'll be ****ing devastating if Bandana Dee (or any Kirby character that isn't from Super Star for that matter) doesn't make it.

Anyway, I'd expect him to come with some recycled spirits. Cappy, Kabu, and Broom Hatter are some of the more recognizable reoccurring enemies so I'd expect them to be added at the very least. Kabula was a weird omission that should be fixed with BWD's addition. Hyness or Morpho Knight can both work as the Legend spirit for BWD.

Music list may not be the most diverse, but that's mostly because I divided the selection between all the characters and gave them certain focuses. BWD mostly focuses on Star Allies' soundtrack and some Dedede related tracks like Masked Dedede and Kabula.

Stage selection has the same thought process behind music selection. Dream Palace seemed like the obvious choice for a Star Allies stage. Preferable it would be a single platform stage, with only a bump in the middle that can be climbed from either side. Hazards-On could have Dream Friends appear every once in a while and interrupt the fight. Hazards-Off could have them only appear as cameos.

Classic mode theme is around making new friends. Selections were themed around enemies that turn into allies. You fight each character alongside a friend. :ultbowser: is fought with :ultmario:. :ultmewtwo: with :ultpikachu:. :ultkingdedede: with :ultmetaknight:. :ultdarkpit: with :ultpit:. :ultrichter: with an Alucard assist trophy. Master Hand with :ultkirby:. The last battle is the Master Hand WoL battle.

Overall, BWD is my most wanted Kirby character right now. Not to say the others don't matter, but they don't. (:

If there's anyone I might come to want more than BWD, it's these two and Dark Matter. Crystal Shards is one of my favorite Kirby games and since a remake is probably nowhere in the horizon, a Smash character is the next best thing.

Spirits are all original, surprisingly. Paint Roller and Drawcia are the only non-DL3 and 64 characters, but the reason why should be obvious enough.

Music selection was pretty easy. Crystal Shards and DL3 have a lot of fun tunes. Factory Inspection is one of the best tracks in the series (as you can tell by how many times it's revisited in the series) so having every version of it would be great. I originally was going to have Dark Matter be the one to have Canvas Curse and Rainbow Curse content instead of Adeleine, but then I realized what a ****ing idiot I was for thinking that.

Despite how much love I gave to Shiver Star in the music selection, the plaza in Ripple Star that appears in Crystal Shards' cutscenes would be my choice for a stage. It would look great remade in Smash.

Adeleine & Ribbon fight artists in their classic mode path. :ultswordfighter: would be wearing Vince's costume, :ultvillager: is there because of the custom designs you can make in Animal Crossing, :ultbowserjr: has his stolen paintbrush, :ultgnw: is less about the fighter and more about the stage as you would fight him in Pictochat, :ultkirby: because he can paint if given the ability to do it, Marx because he has that paint attack, and Inkling acts as the boss because her classic mode theme is similar.

Adeleine's only grown on me since her reappearance in Star Allies. It's hard to talk about Adeleine without bringing up Brawl in the Family, so here's that classic comic.

The villain I want the most out of the Kirby cast. Sure, Star Allies might not have included it as a Dream Friend, but seeing how its final boss is basically a part of the Dark Matter species, I think that's a fair trade.

Spirits and music are focused on final bosses, Dark Matter related characters, and Dark Meta Knight because he should be in this game somewhere. Some repeats, but mostly original. 5 of the spirits might as well be Legend tier, but Void Termina is the main one. Music selection may appear to be barebones, but you'll soon see where a number of the final boss themes went.

Hyper Zone might not appear to be the most appealing choice for a stage at first glance, but I think if it was a travelling stage that warped around the multiple corrupted stages for the final bosses it would be pretty cool. Imagine Final Destination but with even more disorienting backgrounds.

Classic mode is pretty simple. Dark Matter possesses King Dedede in the first fight and the next fights is the heroic group from Brawl. The hands are the final boss here, nothing crazy.

Dark Matter is a pretty underrated pick in my opinion. Not really expecting it anytime soon, but would be excited if it was included nonetheless.

Funny how Magolor went from a diabolical evil gremlin worse than Marx to a salesman in a flick of a dime.

I gave Magolor the most diverse selection of content. Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, AND Kirby Clash content. Very few repeated spirits, and either Lor Starcutter or Magolor Soul can act as the Legend spirit.

Like I said before, very diverse selection of music. A good number of these tracks are already in the game as direct rips, but remixes are what I mainly want, so let's get them in the game again.

Sidescrolling stage. Shifts from the main dimension to the alternate dimension. Very simple and probably an idea that's being passed around for a while.

Classic mode fights are characters from series with free-to-play/start games: Team Kirby Clash, multiple Pokemon spinoffs, Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, Miitomo, and Dr. Mario World. Marx is the final boss because Magolor vs Marx is never a bad idea.

Magolor is far from my most wanted, but there's a lot he can bring to the table.

There's not a lot Marx could bring, in my opinion. Super Star already has more than enough content, so there was only a select few new things I was able to include here. I only included him here for the 5 fighters left gag so here's a bunch of nothing.

Spirits based on some bosses and random enemies were easy enough to include, especially with how many are already in the game. Sword and Blade Knight could potentially reference the anime, but I don't know how.

Very few music tracks. This is really just a tidying up list. Heavy Lobster and Galacta Knight are huge omissions and should've been in the base game.

Just pretend that stage picture is supposed to be Nova from Super Star instead of Star Dream. That was the most unique stage I could think of since nearly every unique setting from Super Star is in the game already.

Marx fights round characters. That's it. After Dark Matter, I really didn't want to do another villainish classic mode theme.

I don't hate Marx or Super Star (probably my favorite game in all honesty) but it's hard to pretend that Marx would bring a lot of new content to begin with. At least with other "oversatured" games like Gen 1 Pokemon and Fire Emblem there's more than enough content missing that could be included. Super Star just doesn't. For a final note, I guess I'll just say that I believe Marx was planned to be in the game as a fighter. His intro is very similar to Giga Bowser's and Ganon's, and he was one of only two bosses that weren't revealed before the game's release.
Final verdict: Kirby's a pretty cool series.
Agreed, you could put in any Kirby character and I'd be fine. Personally, I'd have Bandana Dee as the fighter and give him a composite of the different passes here, since it'd be one character and not five (Unless the pass is actually all Kirby, which I wouldn't mind)

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Agreed, you could put in any Kirby character and I'd be fine. Personally, I'd have Bandana Dee as the fighter and give him a composite of the different passes here, since it'd be one character and not five (Unless the pass is actually all Kirby, which I wouldn't mind)
A composite is what I'd expect the most from Bandana Dee or any of the others (except Adeleine). The pack would probably still be mostly focused on Star Allies, though.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
A composite is what I'd expect the most from Bandana Dee or any of the others (except Adeleine). The pack would probably still be mostly focused on Star Allies, though.
Yeah, we'd need a focal point; We can't do Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Kirby since we already have Kirby. It's either Star Allies or whatever upcoming Kirby game is under development.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Made some Kirby packs. 5 of them because the next 5 fighter packs are totally gonna be these guys. Decided to actually explain the content behind these packs instead of letting the images speak for themselves.

If this pass is somehow all themed around "second-chances" or whatever, it'll be ****ing devastating if Bandana Dee (or any Kirby character that isn't from Super Star for that matter) doesn't make it.

Anyway, I'd expect him to come with some recycled spirits. Cappy, Kabu, and Broom Hatter are some of the more recognizable reoccurring enemies so I'd expect them to be added at the very least. Kabula was a weird omission that should be fixed with BWD's addition. Hyness or Morpho Knight can both work as the Legend spirit for BWD.

Music list may not be the most diverse, but that's mostly because I divided the selection between all the characters and gave them certain focuses. BWD mostly focuses on Star Allies' soundtrack and some Dedede related tracks like Masked Dedede and Kabula.

Stage selection has the same thought process behind music selection. Dream Palace seemed like the obvious choice for a Star Allies stage. Preferable it would be a single platform stage, with only a bump in the middle that can be climbed from either side. Hazards-On could have Dream Friends appear every once in a while and interrupt the fight. Hazards-Off could have them only appear as cameos.

Classic mode theme is around making new friends. Selections were themed around enemies that turn into allies. You fight each character alongside a friend. :ultbowser: is fought with :ultmario:. :ultmewtwo: with :ultpikachu:. :ultkingdedede: with :ultmetaknight:. :ultdarkpit: with :ultpit:. :ultrichter: with an Alucard assist trophy. Master Hand with :ultkirby:. The last battle is the Master Hand WoL battle.

Overall, BWD is my most wanted Kirby character right now. Not to say the others don't matter, but they don't. (:

If there's anyone I might come to want more than BWD, it's these two and Dark Matter. Crystal Shards is one of my favorite Kirby games and since a remake is probably nowhere in the horizon, a Smash character is the next best thing.

Spirits are all original, surprisingly. Paint Roller and Drawcia are the only non-DL3 and 64 characters, but the reason why should be obvious enough.

Music selection was pretty easy. Crystal Shards and DL3 have a lot of fun tunes. Factory Inspection is one of the best tracks in the series (as you can tell by how many times it's revisited in the series) so having every version of it would be great. I originally was going to have Dark Matter be the one to have Canvas Curse and Rainbow Curse content instead of Adeleine, but then I realized what a ****ing idiot I was for thinking that.

Despite how much love I gave to Shiver Star in the music selection, the plaza in Ripple Star that appears in Crystal Shards' cutscenes would be my choice for a stage. It would look great remade in Smash.

Adeleine & Ribbon fight artists in their classic mode path. :ultswordfighter: would be wearing Vince's costume, :ultvillager: is there because of the custom designs you can make in Animal Crossing, :ultbowserjr: has his stolen paintbrush, :ultgnw: is less about the fighter and more about the stage as you would fight him in Pictochat, :ultkirby: because he can paint if given the ability to do it, Marx because he has that paint attack, and Inkling acts as the boss because her classic mode theme is similar.

Adeleine's only grown on me since her reappearance in Star Allies. It's hard to talk about Adeleine without bringing up Brawl in the Family, so here's that classic comic.

The villain I want the most out of the Kirby cast. Sure, Star Allies might not have included it as a Dream Friend, but seeing how its final boss is basically a part of the Dark Matter species, I think that's a fair trade.

Spirits and music are focused on final bosses, Dark Matter related characters, and Dark Meta Knight because he should be in this game somewhere. Some repeats, but mostly original. 5 of the spirits might as well be Legend tier, but Void Termina is the main one. Music selection may appear to be barebones, but you'll soon see where a number of the final boss themes went.

Hyper Zone might not appear to be the most appealing choice for a stage at first glance, but I think if it was a travelling stage that warped around the multiple corrupted stages for the final bosses it would be pretty cool. Imagine Final Destination but with even more disorienting backgrounds.

Classic mode is pretty simple. Dark Matter possesses King Dedede in the first fight and the next fights is the heroic group from Brawl. The hands are the final boss here, nothing crazy.

Dark Matter is a pretty underrated pick in my opinion. Not really expecting it anytime soon, but would be excited if it was included nonetheless.

Funny how Magolor went from a diabolical evil gremlin worse than Marx to a salesman in a flick of a dime.

I gave Magolor the most diverse selection of content. Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, AND Kirby Clash content. Very few repeated spirits, and either Lor Starcutter or Magolor Soul can act as the Legend spirit.

Like I said before, very diverse selection of music. A good number of these tracks are already in the game as direct rips, but remixes are what I mainly want, so let's get them in the game again.

Sidescrolling stage. Shifts from the main dimension to the alternate dimension. Very simple and probably an idea that's being passed around for a while.

Classic mode fights are characters from series with free-to-play/start games: Team Kirby Clash, multiple Pokemon spinoffs, Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, Miitomo, and Dr. Mario World. Marx is the final boss because Magolor vs Marx is never a bad idea.

Magolor is far from my most wanted, but there's a lot he can bring to the table.

There's not a lot Marx could bring, in my opinion. Super Star already has more than enough content, so there was only a select few new things I was able to include here. I only included him here for the 5 fighters left gag so here's a bunch of nothing.

Spirits based on some bosses and random enemies were easy enough to include, especially with how many are already in the game. Sword and Blade Knight could potentially reference the anime, but I don't know how.

Very few music tracks. This is really just a tidying up list. Heavy Lobster and Galacta Knight are huge omissions and should've been in the base game.

Just pretend that stage picture is supposed to be Nova from Super Star instead of Star Dream. That was the most unique stage I could think of since nearly every unique setting from Super Star is in the game already.

Marx fights round characters. That's it. After Dark Matter, I really didn't want to do another villainish classic mode theme.

I don't hate Marx or Super Star (probably my favorite game in all honesty) but it's hard to pretend that Marx would bring a lot of new content to begin with. At least with other "oversatured" games like Gen 1 Pokemon and Fire Emblem there's more than enough content missing that could be included. Super Star just doesn't. For a final note, I guess I'll just say that I believe Marx was planned to be in the game as a fighter. His intro is very similar to Giga Bowser's and Ganon's, and he was one of only two bosses that weren't revealed before the game's release.
Final verdict: Kirby's a pretty cool series.
I like these! Have you done one for Euden from Dragalia Lost yet? Or Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Wars?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
(Note: the link listed in the tweet requires a full membership to view the whole article)

If Microsoft acquires WB Games, then Maxwell (Scribblenauts), Mortal Kombat, and other WB IP character(s) would be a Microsoft IP character(s). Even more possible Microsoft contenders for Smash.

frienship ended with steve, maxwell is my new favorite microsoft character

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I guess today’s a slow day huh

I wasn’t getting any notifs from NoA on Twitter so I had to change a whole bunch of settings, then deactivate and immediately reactivate my twitter. I sure as hell hope that fixed notis on my end

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace

Banjo, Chief, and Steve in the same wheelhouse with Scorpion and Maxwell would be an unexpected timeline, but a welcome one.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom