• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
My picks for FP7 and FP8:
fighter_kind_underground
fighter_kind_eight

“underground” is Neku. I’d say Reaper as that’s a major driving force in TWEWY but that would be too obvious. The Underground, or UG, is where the Reaper’s Game takes place, and it’s a separate plane of existence from the real world, aka the “real ground” or RG.

“Eight” is Agent 8. Aka Octoling. I’d say “Deepsea” (Deepsea Metro) or “Test” (each Octo Expansion level is referred to as a “test” by C Q Cumber) but that’d also be too obvious.
As someone with little-to-no knowledge on TWEWY, the underground one is a nice touch. I'd expect someone like Quote or Steve, but that would really throw us for a loop.
Eight's pretty blatant, though. I mean, how many characters are associated with the number eight and are at least semi-regularly brought up in Smash discussions?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Considering that Terry's code name wound up being "dolly" (which could refer to any number of things - Dolly Parton? Train cars?), and Banjo and Kazooie got "buddy", which could refer to quite a large number of characters, I feel like the codenames wouldn't be as obvious as what people are thinking. (I can't remember what Byleth's was - master? teacher? sensei? something like that)

I wouldn't say completely Deconfirmed. however there is a difference between that Doomguy Interview and those 2 statements. Grant's statement isn't as conclusive as something like that Doomguy interview. The Sonic Interview is more interesting, but it's not as i depth as the the Doom People saying that they pushed for Doomguy, but that Nintendo didn't take it too seriously. They went in depth about them asking Nintendo, which is something the other statements did not allude to at all
Maybe, but my main problem is that people tend to take things like that and blow them out of proportion because they personally don't want those characters, so they act like the characters are disqualified or deconfirmed because it means that there's less competition for their personal favourites. (ex. Rayman appeared in Brawlhalla? Rayman's deconfirmed for Smash! Terry appeared in Fighting EX Layer? Terry's deconfirmed for Smash! Fallout costume in Smash? Doomguy's deconfirmed for Smash! etc.)

I realize that people do the same another way around (taking minor details and using them to claim that a character that they support is more likely), but you rarely see people using that to act like a character is absolutely guaranteed to be included, in contrast to people acting as though a character is 100% impossible because of an appearance in another crossover or due to an interview, which seems more common.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Considering that Terry's code name wound up being "dolly" (which could refer to any number of things - Dolly Parton? Train cars?), and Banjo and Kazooie got "buddy", which could refer to quite a large number of characters, I feel like the codenames wouldn't be as obvious as what people are thinking. (I can't remember what Byleth's was - master? teacher? sensei? something like that)
Yeah, it was Master. Then again, we did get Brave, which almost everyone guessed was Hero, and Packun, which is blatantly Piranha Plant. It seems to vary between fighters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Byleth was Master yes, which was a literal translation of sensei (same for Brave which was a literal translation of Hero’s Japanese title, Yuusha)

I still believe Terry’s Dolly was referring to train cars, you can see a train car on his Spirit Board. As for Buddy... the Buddy system?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
my view on cacomallow is

do i think it's real? no.

do i think that means jack for either character's chances? also no.
Agreed. Fake or not fake, this means nothing. If anything with Vault Boy being in the game and bringing Fallout into Smash, any major Bethesda franchise got a possibility boost.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
The oddest thing about the Ken leak was that Nintendo just didn’t care. It was out. It was real. And there was no attempt at hiding it.
Probably because everyone & their mother expected Ken the second that Echoes were announced.

I wouldn't say completely Deconfirmed. however there is a difference between that Doomguy Interview and those 2 statements. Grant's statement isn't as conclusive as something like that Doomguy interview. The Sonic Interview is more interesting, but it's not as i depth as the the Doom People saying that they pushed for Doomguy, but that Nintendo didn't take it too seriously. They went in depth about them asking Nintendo, which is something the other statements did not allude to at all
Pretty much this. Doom Slayer is one of my most wanted characters (He’s in my top 3, but I don’t include him on my Ultimate lists anymore :’( ), but that comment seemed pretty definitive to me.

I don’t think he would’ve mentioned discussions with Nintendo (or attempts) if he was under NDA. He probably would’ve said something along the lines of “Not right now”.

I mean, it could still happen & he was just super lying but I really doubt it. Props to him if Slayer does get in though because that reveal would become super surprising now.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Considering that Terry's code name wound up being "dolly" (which could refer to any number of things - Dolly Parton? Train cars?)
I always thought it was a reference to the fact that his name in Japanese is pronounced/spelled "Bogado Teri".

Bogado
Teri

dori = dolly

It's a stretch, but it makes about as much sense as any other reading of his codename. It will forever remain a mystery.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
...Where on earth is it stated "Mii costumes are usually made last?" Where's the source here?
Sakurai never explicitly said that, but I feel like it should be common sense from a development standpoint.

If Geno and/or Doomguy were a character, they'd want to start work on them and their stages as soon as possible. The character and their stage should be top priority, as that's what would take the longest to make. If CacoMallow was real, then why didn't the leaker show us an early build of either the character or stage? Both should definitely have been under development by then, yet we didn't see them. We did, however, get to see two Mii costumes. Apparently, Sakurai wanted to start development on those right away so they'd be ready three character bundles later? It doesn't make sense.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So, assuming Nintendo won't remove them after Hero, imagine if we get codenames for the next two fighters to inject some speculation into the community. Which two codenames would you choose for speculation and why?
Might be a bit biased, but I'd go with Oriental and Venus, just vague enough to not give any real conclusions, but definitely has some pointers of where they would go. Oriental would refer to Touhou, which translates to "eastern" or "oriental," and would inevitably mean Reimu. Venus might be a little on the nose, but it would imply Isaac, a Venus Adept. This would give us a sleeper pick with growing popularity and a long-standing fan favorite, and would most likely cause the entire thread to completely explode.
fighter_kind_sky
fighter_kind_woah
fighter_kind_cherry
fighter_kind_tings
fighter_kind_apple
fighter_kind_adventure
fighter_kind_bingo

Try to guess the solutions, and I'll answer them after a few or so posts

SKX31

Smash Master
While Ultimate's UI is generally the cleanest in the series, I think we can all agree on one thing...

Ordering the character select screen by fighter number is pretty dumb. Like, it's cute that the characters are lined up based on how long they've been in the series for, but it's far less convenient than just having all the characters in a series grouped together. Plus, if you're not aware of character's fighter numbers, the whole roster just looks disorganized.

Fingers crossed that we live in the universe where one of the updates lets us reorder the character select screen.
I'd so reorder the CSS on based on the average tier list. (Man, it'd be a pain to reorder it every now and again though).

I still believe Terry’s Dolly was referring to train cars, you can see a train car on his Spirit Board. As for Buddy... the Buddy system?
Probably due to how the two effectively are close-working partners (edit). It's noticeable if one uses the Split-Up Pads in Tooie - since Banjo alone and Kazooie alone both have reduced movesets. Solo Banjo only has a double jump because of a glitch with the mid-air backpack attack.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
fighter_kind_sky
fighter_kind_woah
fighter_kind_cherry
fighter_kind_tings
fighter_kind_apple
fighter_kind_adventure
fighter_kind_bingo

Try to guess the solutions, and I'll answer them after a few or so posts
Sky is Sora
Woah is obviously Crash
Apple is Bandana Dee (the apple juice song)
Cherry... Sakura Shinguji? (the word Sakura means cherry blossom)
No idea on adventure, tings or bingo

I’ll do my rest of FPV2 code name picks too (another one should be obvious)
fighter_kind_jaguar
fighter_kind_spin
fighter_kind_gnosis

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai never explicitly said that, but I feel like it should be common sense from a development standpoint.

If Geno and/or Doomguy were a character, they'd want to start work on them and their stages as soon as possible. The character and their stage should be top priority, as that's what would take the longest to make. If CacoMallow was real, then why didn't the leaker show us an early build of either the character or stage? Both should definitely have been under development by then, yet we didn't see them. We did, however, get to see two Mii costumes. Apparently, Sakurai wanted to start development on those right away so they'd be ready three character bundles later? It doesn't make sense.
I don't see how this is remote common sense.

Common sense is to have separate teams working on the characters and one working on costumes, as the costumes(which most of the time are from different IP owners) require constant communication with the IP owner separately too. They need to do both separately to easily get everything out at a different rate.

I'm not seeing how this makes any sense. We have zero legitimate evidence of any of this thought. It's a nice theory, but nothing to legitimately support it.

What's more logical is getting costumes done as soon as possible so they can meet with a company to make sure they approve of its design. Since they don't need to constantly talk to a company for as many specifics on moves and animations to the same degree. There's too many variables to apply a one-size-fits-all logic here.

In addition, keep in mind Mii costumes can be actually re-negotiated to be with other characters(even if it's just a returning costume). They can be done months in advance, well before a character is finished. There's no supporting evidence they're prioritized for "last" either. They're most likely done entirely separately from characters so they can all be recorded together in a pack at once. Especially as characters take significantly longer than costumes ever will.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Letting people "just enjoy the possibility" never ends well for when leaks like these are ultimately proven to be fake.
And it never ends well when you try to make people change their mind, as you accomplish very little and just make people mad after constantly prodding them to shut up about it.

It’s fine if you calmly suggest stuff against it, of course, but if people argue otherwise and insist that they still think it’s possible, then just let them be. It’s a small minority who would actually throw a fit anyway (and a small minority who get rude towards even polite people, but yes I wish they’d have an open mind as well), if anyone actually would since the leak doesn’t even guarantee the characters it implies (though I will admit a few may very well get mad over it, however people who do that seem to soon calm down and don’t cause problems with others - well, at least most don’t, but this is far from the Grinch Leak, which was very bad in the end regarding some stuff people sent to insiders and others, while the average angry people quickly calmed down after awhile...and some team fake people gloated about it so neither side is perfect in this stuff).

I think a big part of the problems that come about this sort of stuff is the tension that builds up between two different sides - especially when you have your normal joes being assumed to be toxic and they start getting annoyed when thrown in with the minority since they kept being told “it’s not real, stop considering it” even when they’re perfectly aware of and okay with the possibility it’s fake (I understand there’s also “don’t set yourselves up for disappointment,” which is meant genuinely, but to some people it does start to come off as annoying and maybe insincere after seeing it a lot, as if they can’t handle their emotions on their own...). Of course, some people on the “it may be real” side may get really mad at people on the “I think it’s fake” side, even if they’re polite - as I mentioned in the last paragraph - and so they’re not perfect either, but neither side is superior to the other.

Ultimately, it’s just a few bad eggs on both sides (but I believe no one among these are bad people, just to be clear here; some of us just let our emotions push us over the edge from time to time, but most of us are able to stay at least decently calm and respectful, thankfully). Of course, I guess you could ask “if it’s just a few ‘bad eggs’ on both sides, why do you even bring it up?” Well, to be honest, this thread doesn’t feel very friendly about it and other stuff...but I guess you’d be right in a way; I can’t change anyone’s mind, either, but oh well.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So, assuming Nintendo won't remove them after Hero, imagine if we get codenames for the next two fighters to inject some speculation into the community. Which two codenames would you choose for speculation and why?
Streets for Axel because he fights on the streets

Time for Cortez because it's
Time to Split.gif

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Sky is Sora
Woah is obviously Crash

I’ll do my rest of FPV2 code name picks too (another one should be obvious)
fighter_kind_jaguar
fighter_kind_spin
fighter_kind_gnosis
As per your guesses (Surprised I didn't draw the BWD connection).
Anyways...
Jaguar... Something from the Atari console? Or is it the guy from Contra? I dunno...
Spin... Crash, maybe? Dillon? Another Sonic rep?
Gnosis... As is Gnosticism? Doesn't the Xeno series dabble in that a little? If so, then KOS-MOS.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As per your guesses (Surprised I didn't draw the BWD connection).
Anyways...
Jaguar... Something from the Atari console? Or is it the guy from Contra? I dunno...
Spin... Crash, maybe? Dillon? Another Sonic rep?
Gnosis... As is Gnosticism? Doesn't the Xeno series dabble in that a little? If so, then KOS-MOS.
Spin is Crash and Gnosis is KOS-MOS.

The Jaguar guess is wrong though. Hint: it’s part of the class title...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’ve gotta say, while Cacomallow is looking likely fake, getting aggro’d at people still believing it to be possible and dismissing their reasons for doing so as foolish or something...ain’t the way to go about it.

“This leak looks stupid and fake to me, therefor everyone who doesn’t agree with me is dumb and laughable even if they’re not seriously taking it as 100% and just finds it plausible or as having a decent chance but not definite.”

Of course, there may be a few on the side of Cacomallow who are like this, but it’s not a big amount or even close, good gosh.

However, if neither hat is in with FP7, I myself will consider it 100% fake - I think I originally had this in mind anyway - and anyone still believing it afterwards may be setting themselves up for...well, some minutes of disappointment, so meh, and there’s no reason to be mad at people over them still thinking it could be real anyway, just let people enjoy the possibility...
Maybe it's principle, but I don't think it's right to let people live in such blatant denial of reality. It's like if someone told me "the moon landing is probably real, but you can't discard the other possibility outright", in theory they can't really hurt anyone by believing that, but still...

And you gotta be aware that even if FP7 is your hard limit, the "hard limit" at large has been moving since before Terry. You're a reasonable individual so if you say it ends with FP7 I can trust that, but others will still find a way to justify it past that.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Sky is Sora
Woah is obviously Crash
Here are the solutions:
Sky is Sora ("Sora" is Japanese for "Sky")
Woah is Crash Bandicoot (because that's, of course, his famous death sound)
Cherry is Sakura Shinguji
Tings is Rayman (named after the collectibles from the first game)
Apple is Bandana Dee (named after his love of apple juice)
Adventure is Captain Toad
Bingo is Leon Kennedy (named after the famous line in the first 20 minutes of Resident Evil 4)

So yes, you get four of them right!

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
This reminds me of when people kept trying to decode that "codenames" leak from before K. Rool was revealed in spite of it being debunked almost immediately - everyone had fun with it and there were no nasty comments being thrown around. Now that was some good times.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't see how this is remote common sense.

Common sense is to have separate teams working on the characters and one working on costumes, as the costumes(which most of the time are from different IP owners) require constant communication with the IP owner separately too. They need to do both separately to easily get everything out at a different rate.

I'm not seeing how this makes any sense. We have zero legitimate evidence of any of this thought. It's a nice theory, but nothing to legitimately support it.

What's more logical is getting costumes done as soon as possible so they can meet with a company to make sure they approve of its design. Since they don't need to constantly talk to a company for as many specifics on moves and animations to the same degree. There's too many variables to apply a one-size-fits-all logic here.
Regardless, the leak was passed off as if it were still in development. None of the content in Byleth or Min Min's bundle was show, and Geno, Doomguy, and their respective stages were conveniently MIA even though they should've been well underway by then. The leaker conveniently glossed over a lot of other content that would've existed at the time.

At this point, I don't see how it's reasonable to assume that the Mii costumes were near completed in November 2019 when their respective characters wouldn't be ready until July 2020 at the absolute earliest. Realistically, they wouldn't be ready until much later than that.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The oddest thing about the Ken leak was that Nintendo just didn’t care. It was out. It was real. And there was no attempt at hiding it.
Publicly, they did nothing about it.
Internally they did find the guy who made it happens apparently.
And it's what started them being more and more secure when it comes to smash, up to these days where I can guarantee you that you'll never find any Smash Leaks coming from Nintendo anymore, even more after the SNK copyright, unless a third party **** up themselves.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Maybe it's principle, but I don't think it's right to let people live in such blatant denial of reality. It's like if someone told me "the moon landing is probably real, but you can't discard the other possibility outright", in theory they can't really hurt anyone by believing that, but still...

And you gotta be aware that even if FP7 is your hard limit, the "hard limit" at large has been moving since before Terry. You're a reasonable individual so if you say it ends with FP7 I can trust that, but others will still find a way to justify it past that.
I understand some may be in denial, and I too wish they would keep an open mind.

I just don’t see why people get angry at even those who only find it plausible instead of definitely real - plus, it’s videogame stuff, and no one knows for 100% certain, so...I dunno...I guess I just wish people were less hostile about it. Of course, a few on the “it may be real” side also take it too seriously, and they should calm down as well, but it feels like everyone on that side is being grouped together and seen as inferior in this thread.

I think some other users were like me, thinking it would definitely be fake by FP7 or FP6, but idk. I at least don’t see anyone being mad at the people who think it’s fake in terms of them thinking it’s fake, but rather how they seem to keep trying to make others think the same way even if they don’t believe it to be definitely real anyway, rather taking a more neutral stance or even leaning on fake but still thinking it’s plausible. The “people in denial” seem to be a small minority if anyone at all.

As I mentioned before, though, the people ragging on those who think the “leak” is plausible are also a minority, of course, but this thread does often make them hard to ignore, dismissing what people think as entirely illogical (even if they put logic behind their reasons for considering the “leak”) and dumb to consider and even meme-ing and laughing about them...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Regardless, the leak was passed off as if it were still in development. None of the content in Byleth or Min Min's bundle was show, and Geno, Doomguy, and their respective stages were conveniently MIA even though they should've been well underway by then. The leaker conveniently glossed over a lot of other content that would've existed at the time.

At this point, I don't see how it's reasonable to assume that the Mii costumes were near completed in November 2019 when their respective characters wouldn't be ready until July 2020 at the absolute earliest.
I don't think it matters if other stuff was shown. Why is that relevant? People take snippets of tiny things all the freaking time. Even the ERSB leak didn't have "everything" at once. Verge likewise knew of tiny pieces too.

It at best means those two would've been developed alongside each other and that's it.

Time is beyond irrelevant. Mii costumes are licensed to come out with specific characters, not based upon some "timing" in itself. This is how licensing works. To change what character it comes with, they need to entirely re-negotiate with. If you look at the two costumes, even if they were real, would they have been licensed to come out with Byleth and Min Min at all? Maybe Min Min, but Byleth? And would they have been separated? They were clearly a pair. But maybe, just maybe, they aren't a pair and many costumes are worked on together because that's entirely unrelated to when they're released. The reality of the situation is, the characters of who they release with are hard planned. When they make a costume is highly variable. And has no clear time table. How do we know Sans was made last? Maybe it was literally made 6 months prior as well? Now consider that Min Min was outright delayed and meant to release a lot earlier originally. That means, what, Cacodemon would've been... about 6 months too? If it came with them?

That's the point. Trying to look at time as a key factor when it cannot be pinned to any development statements makes it nothing more than a pure guess, not any kind of tangible evidence or even a strong factor. There's really nothing pointing to "how long it takes to come out" as a good point. That requires actual knowledge of how they set up development cycles, something we all blatantly lack. It makes sense to be skeptical of "it taking a long time". But that isn't a good set of evidence against the leak and pretty much won't be till we are given actual timetables of how it works.

The only real evidence against it right now is Nintendo not taking down the video. Obviously it could be faked due to people being damn good modelers, but that doesn't make it fake either. "Nobody could make a 1:1 recreation" is kind of a neutral point. It just means nobody can prove they made it at best, not that it hurts or helps the leak.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I just don’t see why people get angry at even those who only find it plausible instead of definitely real
Because it defies plausibility. It's a leak that, at this point, requires a very complicated narrative of explanations just to be possibly true.

I could make the argument that the Grinch Leak is real, just that it was a poster for Fighter Pass 2.
"But Fighter Pass 2 hadn't been decided back then!"
It was a PR lie, they've had DLC planned all along.
"Didn't someone take credit for the leak?"
They did it for attention.
"Why aren't the other characters there?"
The FP1 third party characters were still in negotiations, so they couldn't be on there. The identity of the Sun/Moon, Three Houses and ARMS characters hadn't been determined yet. Piranha Plant was in consideration to be cut at that time.
"Why are Banjo & Kazooie there then?"
They could have been originally planned for FP2 before being moved to the first.
Etc, etc.

See? You can explain anything away. But the point is, leaks aren't useful because they point to something being possible, they're useful because they point to something being likely or confirmed. Cacomallow takes leaps and bounds just to exist, but even then it still doesn't promise anything beyond two Mii Costumes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I understand some may be in denial, and I too wish they would keep an open mind.

I just don’t see why people get angry at even those who only find it plausible instead of definitely real - plus, it’s videogame stuff, and no one knows for 100% certain, so...I dunno...I guess I just wish people were less hostile about it. Of course, a few on the “it may be real” side also take it too seriously, and they should calm down as well, but it feels like everyone on that side is being grouped together and seen as inferior in this thread.

I think some other users were like me, thinking it would definitely be fake by FP7 or FP6, but idk. I at least don’t see anyone being mad at the people who think it’s fake in terms of them thinking it’s fake, but rather how they seem to keep trying to make others think the same way even if they don’t believe it to be definitely real anyway, rather taking a more neutral stance or even leaning on fake but still thinking it’s plausible. The “people in denial” seem to be a small minority if anyone at all.

As I mentioned before, though, the people ragging on those who think the “leak” is plausible are also a minority, of course, but this thread does often make them hard to ignore, dismissing what people think as entirely illogical (even if they put logic behind their reasons for considering the “leak”) and dumb to consider and even meme-ing and laughing about them...
People who still believe Cacomallow has a chance of being real quite frankly don't deserve the time of day. The timers alone disprove it, if someone screams that the planet is flat, do we just go "Oh, well, believe what you want and hopefilly you'll be right"? No, because those people are loons, just like Cacomallow truthers despite how it the game's debug menu contradicts the ****ing 'leaked' video to begin with. If someone came up and said "fellas, I think the Grinch leak still has a chance of being real!" Then what would you do?

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I'm so excited that the Drunkcat 2 leak means we are getting KOS-MOS. They were just wrong about the order of the FPs. You can't prove it isn't real. :4pacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp, if others are doing it, I guess I'll make some more codenames.
Queen
Glass
Lightning
Breeze
Ronin
aw geez this is super tricky

uhhhhhh

Lightning: gonna think outside the box and say Gunvolt. idk why
Queen: clearly a female character, but i just don't know who
no idea on Glass, Breeze or Ronin

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mage is obviously Brian (Quest 64)
Block is... Steve?
....and i am stumped on the rest
Block is incorrect. Admittedly I could've said Blocks, though I doubt that would've changed much. I expected that wrong answer, heh.

All of them are traits of a character, not necessarily class-related, but something that is notable about their designs or whatnot.

Only hint I can give right now is I listed six characters for a reason.

Brian was obvious for anyone checking my signature alone. :p But yes.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Got bored so I made a meme for when Cacomallow inevitably gets deconfirmed for like the fifth time.
View attachment 276527
While I still think it could be real, I admit it will become increasingly less likely to be the case as time moves on.
I will always want Master Chief over Doom Slayer, but I wouldn't mind if the latter got an invite to Smash over the former.
Also, nice meme pic!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
aw geez this is super tricky

uhhhhhh

Lightning: gonna think outside the box and say Gunvolt. idk why
Queen: clearly a female character, but i just don't know who
no idea on Glass, Breeze or Ronin
Understandable, this is like SSS tier vagueness that you'd need to be a hardcore fan to guess.
Codename fun? Sure, why not.

Skull
Mage
Plasma
Block
Strength
Howl
Skull? Uh... Spinal? Dr. Wily?
Mage is obviously a magic caster... Black Mage? Or is that too obvious?
Howl is Amaterasu? She's probably the most major canine I can think of.
Is Block Qbby?
Strength is too vague for me to decipher, can't think of anyone for Plasma...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
USkull? Uh... Spinal? Dr. Wily?
Mage is obviously a magic caster... Black Mage? Or is that too obvious?
Howl is Amaterasu? She's probably the most major canine I can think of.
Is Block Qbby?
Strength is too vague for me to decipher, can't think of anyone for Plasma...
...I admit Strength might've not worked well enough.

But rest are incorrect.

Rie did reply with one right answer, if it helps.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Might be a bit biased, but I'd go with Oriental and Venus, just vague enough to not give any real conclusions, but definitely has some pointers of where they would go. Oriental would refer to Touhou, which translates to "eastern" or "oriental," and would inevitably mean Reimu. Venus might be a little on the nose, but it would imply Isaac, a Venus Adept. This would give us a sleeper pick with growing popularity and a long-standing fan favorite, and would most likely cause the entire thread to completely explode.
Dynamite and Love. Probably too easy, but given Brave and Buddy, sometimes they’re a bit easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom