• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I always felt the Cacomallow leak was fake for one single reason.

The Ken thumbs up reference, akin to a running gag. Why would a leaker reference another leak in their supposed leak? That's really dumb and only a few people would get that, plus if that is supposed to be the same "person" leaking the stuff you are out of your goddamn mind.

Anyway, leaks don't have memes, so the ken taunt to me immediately disproves it

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well I can't wait to see what codename was given to Min Min that's for sure.
I mean for us Europeans it's in two days but at most we'll see Min Min's codename. I don't understand why people expect them to **** up again and leave up data after the whole Brave fiasco and how they stopped leaving it in back in Smash 4 when Roy and Ryu leaked
It probably won’t be “Mee” like that “Mee and Forest” rumor stated. Mee is Min Min’s ARMS codename and they wouldn’t reuse it for Smash

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean for us Europeans it's in two days but at most we'll see Min Min's codename. I don't understand why people expect them to **** up again and leave up data after the whole Brave fiasco and how they stopped leaving it in back in Smash 4 when Roy and Ryu leaked
Unless they intentionally left it to generate buzz in the West—dun dun duuuuuun.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if it’s something more generic like some variation on “arms”. It lets those working on them know who it is without any worry about being too specific if it got into the wrong hands.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
We're bringing up Cacomallow again?

...Why? I mean, I don't think there's really much to debate about it: It's an 8 month old leak, modders have shown it can be replicated, and Vault Boy has already been added. If the Cacodemon costume was real, I imagine it would've been paired with Vault Boy.

Not to be rude here, but I really don't think there's anything of substance here. :drshrug:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Okay, so suppose Vol. 2 had 10 fully unique fighters. Who would you want
1. Darkrai (Pokemon)
2. Shadower (Maple Story)
3. Berserker (Dungeon Fighter)
4. Tanaka Gundham (Danganronpa)
5. Carmine (Under Night In Birth)
6. Flandre Scarlet (Touhou)
7. Aino Heart (Arcana Heart)
8. Ninomiya Asuka (Idolmaster Cinderella Girls)
9. Lambdadelta (Umineko)
10. Susanoo (Blazblue)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We're bringing up Cacomallow again?

...Why?
Because there are still people out there, even in this very forum, who believe it could be real, and that both costumes are coming with FP7.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
News and speculation must be slow if we're doing the Cacomallow debate in the main thread again.
C'mon, give us another may-or-may-not-be-true "leak..." Just something to get our speculative gears churning again. We're probably not going to get anything "leaked" until a week-ish Min Min releases because that will gobble up all the attention, which is fair, but it makes that week of waiting even longer than it should be.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I recall seeing it on twitter, a screencap where someone said the next two fighters (after Byleth) were “fighter_kind_mee” and “fighter_kind_forest”
If it does turn out to be Mee again, then Forest will clearly correlate to RAINforest, which is in the JUNGLE. Ergo, "Forest" is none other than Cash Banooca himself.

MooMew64

Because there are still people out there, even in this very forum, who believe it could be real, and that both costumes are coming with FP7.
TBH going along with the train of thought that it's still somehow real, that seems to be a conflict of interest for both characters people feel it supports, because we're not getting two characters in one patch.

That would have to imply that it's either Geno OR Doom Guy, and if it was Doom Guy, that they specifically chose to not add the one Bethesda costume we currently have confirmed into a CP that has a Bethesda character in it. Not to mention that if really was Doom Guy...Why would it include a Mallow costume, with Geno nowhere in sight? That to me would imply that in this hypothetical scenario, Geno is Mii costumed again.

I'm not gonna tell people what they can and cannot believe, but I will throw my own personal opinion in saying that I really, really don't think it's real, lol.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Would it be mean to say that it would be funny if Caccomallow was real but neither Geno or Doom Guy got in

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
C'mon, give us another may-or-may-not-be-true "leak..." Just something to get our speculative gears churning again. We're probably not going to get anything "leaked" until a week-ish Min Min releases because that will gobble up all the attention, which is fair, but it makes that week of waiting even longer than it should be.
We may have to go to the ultimate last resort of describing imaginary leaks that feel like they could hypothetically exist.

"Okay so the picture's admittedly fuzzy, but its definitely a Halo looking Mii helmet and some kind of ninja fighter that may or may not be Hayabusa, I can't say for certain."

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The oddest thing about the Ken leak was that Nintendo just didn’t care. It was out. It was real. And there was no attempt at hiding it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Inb4 Cacomallow is bait and we’re getting Geno and Doomguy...

as Mii Costumes.

MooMew64

I still say we ain't getting anything until August at the earliest. I really do feel July is gonna pretty much be Paper Mario and nothing else, so uh, I hope people actually like this one, lol.

I think they're probably getting things back on track for a late August Direct with CP7 in September. My guess is we'll probably be waiting about close to 2-3 months inbetween character reveals and releases due to the huge December 2021 window.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I still say we ain't getting anything until August at the earliest. I really do feel July is gonna pretty much be Paper Mario and nothing else, so uh, I hope people actually like this one, lol.

I think they're probably getting things back on track for a late August Direct with CP7 in September. My guess is we'll probably be waiting about close to 2-3 months inbetween character reveals and releases due to the huge December 2021 window.
December 2021 could also be a placeholder date because they haven't committed to an end date yet. December is a commonly used month for placeholder dates.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
We may have to go to the ultimate last resort of describing imaginary leaks that feel like they could hypothetically exist.

"Okay so the picture's admittedly fuzzy, but its definitely a Halo looking Mii helmet and some kind of ninja fighter that may or may not be Hayabusa, I can't say for certain."
"Hey, so uh, there's this really fuzzy picture her. It's Sanae-No, wait, that's a Reimu alt color, and uh, she's fighting a... A tangerine or something, is that Bandana Dee? It's so fuzzy I can see all the individual pixels..."

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’ve gotta say, while Cacomallow is looking likely fake, getting aggro’d at people still believing it to be possible and dismissing their reasons for doing so as foolish or something...ain’t the way to go about it.

“This leak looks stupid and fake to me, therefor everyone who doesn’t agree with me is dumb and laughable even if they’re not seriously taking it as 100% and just finds it plausible or as having a decent chance but not definite.”

Of course, there may be a few on the side of Cacomallow who are like this, but it’s not a big amount or even close, good gosh.

However, if neither hat is in with FP7, I myself will consider it 100% fake - I think I originally had this in mind anyway - and anyone still believing it afterwards may be setting themselves up for...well, some minutes of disappointment, so meh, and there’s no reason to be mad at people over them still thinking it could be real anyway, just let people enjoy the possibility...

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I’ve gotta say, while Cacomallow is looking likely fake, getting aggro’d at people still believing it to be possible and dismissing their reasons for doing so as foolish or something...ain’t the way to go about it.

“This leak looks stupid and fake to me, therefor everyone who doesn’t agree with me is dumb and laughable even if they’re not seriously taking it as 100% and just finds it plausible or as having a decent chance but not definite.”

However, if it is dead by FP7, I myself will consider it 100% fake - I think I originally had this in mind anyway - and anyone still believing it afterwards may be setting themselves up for...well, some minutes of disappointment, so meh, and there’s no reason to be mad at people over them still thinking it could be real anyway, just let people enjoy the possibility...
I don't even know why we're still talking about it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Two character bundles have already passed. Mii costumes are usually made last, not first. If CacoMallow was real, how would two notable and seemingly completed third-party costumes be leaked eight or more months early before any of the Mii costumes from the Byleth and Min Min bundles?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Two character bundles have already passed. Mii costumes are usually made last, not first. If CacoMallow was real, how would two notable and seemingly completed third-party costumes be leaked eight or more months early before any of the Mii costumes from the Byleth and Min Min bundles?
And they're closely related to two characters who frequently pop up in speculation, even though one of them is completely deconfirmed.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Of course, there may be a few on the side of Cacomallow who are like this, but it’s not a big amount or even close, good gosh.

However, if neither hat is in with FP7, I myself will consider it 100% fake - I think I originally had this in mind anyway - and anyone still believing it afterwards may be setting themselves up for...well, some minutes of disappointment, so meh, and there’s no reason to be mad at people over them still thinking it could be real anyway, just let people enjoy the possibility...
Letting people "just enjoy the possibility" never ends well for when leaks like these are ultimately proven to be fake.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
While Ultimate's UI is generally the cleanest in the series, I think we can all agree on one thing...

Ordering the character select screen by fighter number is pretty dumb. Like, it's cute that the characters are lined up based on how long they've been in the series for, but it's far less convenient than just having all the characters in a series grouped together. Plus, if you're not aware of character's fighter numbers, the whole roster just looks disorganized.

Fingers crossed that we live in the universe where one of the updates lets us reorder the character select screen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Where on earth is it stated "Mii costumes are usually made last?" Where's the source here?

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
While Ultimate's UI is generally the cleanest in the series, I think we can all agree on one thing...

Ordering the character select screen by fighter number is pretty dumb. Like, it's cute that the characters are lined up based on how long they've been in the series for, but it's far less convenient than just having all the characters in a series grouped together. Plus, if you're not aware of character's fighter numbers, the whole roster just looks disorganized.

Fingers crossed that we live in the universe where one of the updates lets us reorder the character select screen.
Agreed. They really should be ordered by franchise instead of by fighter number. If an update happens that lets us change the roster order from number to franchise, it would be a good QoL change.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I dunno, I think it's pretty neat. Plus, you get used to the order really quickly, and then you're able to find wherever your main is in an instant every time the CSS pops up. It's not too big of a deal in my eyes.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So, assuming Nintendo won't remove them after Hero, imagine if we get codenames for the next two fighters to inject some speculation into the community. Which two codenames would you choose for speculation and why?
Might be a bit biased, but I'd go with Oriental and Venus, just vague enough to not give any real conclusions, but definitely has some pointers of where they would go. Oriental would refer to Touhou, which translates to "eastern" or "oriental," and would inevitably mean Reimu. Venus might be a little on the nose, but it would imply Isaac, a Venus Adept. This would give us a sleeper pick with growing popularity and a long-standing fan favorite, and would most likely cause the entire thread to completely explode.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity are there any people out there who thinks Cacomallow is real who DOESN’T care about Geno or Doom Guy getting in?

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
The Nintendo Uncles unfortunately all went on vacation at the same time. Does anyone have a talking dog who works there?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
my view on cacomallow is

do i think it's real? no.

do i think that means jack for either character's chances? also no.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
And they're closely related to two characters who frequently pop up in speculation, even though one of them is completely deconfirmed.
I wouldn't take an interview as "completely deconfirming" a character, considering the comments made by Grant Kirkhope a few weeks before Banjo's reveal, or Sega of Europe's president saying that Sonic isn't in the cards for Brawl. (couldn't find the original source) It certainly doesn't seem like justification to act as though it's impossible for Doomguy to get in, at any rate.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, assuming Nintendo won't remove them after Hero, imagine if we get codenames for the next two fighters to inject some speculation into the community. Which two codenames would you choose for speculation and why?
Might be a bit biased, but I'd go with Oriental and Venus, just vague enough to not give any real conclusions, but definitely has some pointers of where they would go. Oriental would refer to Touhou, which translates to "eastern" or "oriental," and would inevitably mean Reimu. Venus might be a little on the nose, but it would imply Isaac, a Venus Adept. This would give us a sleeper pick with growing popularity and a long-standing fan favorite, and would most likely cause the entire thread to completely explode.
My picks for FP7 and FP8:
fighter_kind_underground
fighter_kind_eight

“underground” is Neku. I’d say Reaper as that’s a major driving force in TWEWY but that would be too obvious. The Underground, or UG, is where the Reaper’s Game takes place, and it’s a separate plane of existence from the real world, aka the “real ground” or RG.

“Eight” is Agent 8. Aka Octoling. I’d say “Deepsea” (Deepsea Metro) or “Test” (each Octo Expansion level is referred to as a “test” by C Q Cumber) but that’d also be too obvious.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Id laugh my ass off if the codename "Ventus" was found because not only is it a KH character thats in Soras heart but also means "Wind" in Latin And I lowkey wanna see an argument of "Its sora!" and "No, its -insert wind related character here-!"

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
We are going to get codename "FP7" and "FP8" and "FP9" and "FP10" and "FP11" and watch it as people actually try to speculate about it.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I wouldn't take an interview as "completely deconfirming" a character, considering the comments made by Grant Kirkhope a few weeks before Banjo's reveal, or Sega of Europe's president saying that Sonic isn't in the cards for Brawl. (couldn't find the original source) It certainly doesn't seem like justification to act as though it's impossible for them to get in, at any rate.
I wouldn't say completely Deconfirmed. however there is a difference between that Doomguy Interview and those 2 statements. Grant's statement isn't as conclusive as something like that Doomguy interview. The Sonic Interview is more interesting, but it's not as i depth as the the Doom People saying that they pushed for Doomguy, but that Nintendo didn't take it too seriously. They went in depth about them asking Nintendo, which is something the other statements did not allude to at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom