• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Welp, if others are doing it, I guess I'll make some more codenames.
Queen
Glass
Lightning
Breeze
Ronin
I think I've got this.

Yoshikage Kira from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Mr. Glass, Samuel L. Jackson's character from Unbreakable
Lightning McQueen from Disney/Pixar's Cars
The Windmill from Conker's Bad Fur Day
Sekiro from Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (full disclosure: I have no idea if any character in that game is actually named Sekiro)

Honestly, I have no idea

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
If others are doing codenames, I'll give a go at it;

fighter_kind_puppet
fighter_kind_staff
fighter_kind_hair
fighter_kind_symph
fighter_kind_judge

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so I wonder

wth was with all those Ryu Hayabusa leaks anyway

i think the Steve-Doomguy leak from early last year had Hayabusa in it, then there was Shifty (said Hayabusa was FP5), some rumor about Nintendo employees being told not to talk about Hayabusa that I can't corroborate, then that desperate ass pull of "B-but Byleth and Hayabusa traded places!"

fighter_kind_puppet
fighter_kind_staff
fighter_kind_hair
fighter_kind_symph
fighter_kind_judge
Puppet: Geno
Hair: Shantae
Judge: Phoenix Wright?
no idea on the other two

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

fighter_kind_puppet
fighter_kind_staff
fighter_kind_hair
fighter_kind_symph
fighter_kind_judge
Puppet is clearly Geno
Staff... Estelle, perhaps?
Hair is either Shantae or Fillia
Symph... As in, Symphony? Is it Alucard?
Judge is most likely Phoenix Wright, due to the whole Ace Attorney thing.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
More than anything, I'm just really curious to see what happens to the Min Min spirit battle tomorrow. Whatever happens with it could have implications for the future DLC.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Because it defies plausibility. It's a leak that, at this point, requires a very complicated narrative of explanations just to be possibly true.

I could make the argument that the Grinch Leak is real, just that it was a poster for Fighter Pass 2.
"But Fighter Pass 2 hadn't been decided back then!"
It was a PR lie, they've had DLC planned all along.
"Didn't someone take credit for the leak?"
They did it for attention.
"Why aren't the other characters there?"
The FP1 third party characters were still in negotiations, so they couldn't be on there. The identity of the Sun/Moon, Three Houses and ARMS characters hadn't been determined yet. Piranha Plant was in consideration to be cut at that time.
"Why are Banjo & Kazooie there then?"
They could have been originally planned for FP2 before being moved to the first.
Etc, etc.

See? You can explain anything away. But the point is, leaks aren't useful because they point to something being possible, they're useful because they point to something being likely or confirmed. Cacomallow takes leaps and bounds just to exist, but even then it still doesn't promise anything beyond two Mii Costumes.
People who still believe Cacomallow has a chance of being real quite frankly don't deserve the time of day. The timers alone disprove it, if someone screams that the planet is flat, do we just go "Oh, well, believe what you want and hopefilly you'll be right"? No, because those people are loons, just like Cacomallow truthers despite how it the game's debug menu contradicts the ****ing 'leaked' video to begin with. If someone came up and said "fellas, I think the Grinch leak still has a chance of being real!" Then what would you do?
I feel these are completely different situations, as we aren’t actually 100% certain about things for Cacomallow (and we weren’t for Grinch Leak either pre-November 2018, though things did start stacking up against it just as some stuff goes against Cacomallow), and you can’t just automatically take some people’s logic and throw it out the window as if absolutely nothing about it makes sense.

Do I think people insisting the Earth is flat are dumb? Sure, but that’s a scientifically proven false thing, and isn’t relatable to our videogame speculation whatsoever. And I still don’t try and start crap with people over it and treat them as inferior as long as they aren’t doing the same to me and others. They’re still human beings and a lot have no malicious intentions for goodness sake, most people just want to live their life and be happy alongside their friends and family and maybe online stuff without worrying about others getting angry at them because “we’re smarter and better than you!” (but I guess you always have to be careful about people being provoked by something you say online even if you weren’t directing hate or bad stuff at anyone or even saying that kinda stuff anyway and were trying to be respectful...).

Regarding Cacomallow itself, since we don’t know the circumstances behind it and how development time goes on costumes, I have seen absolutely nothing people consider regarding its plausibility as being crazy or illogical or “in denial.” Maybe the timer in the videos kills it, I don’t know, personally I think the devs/play testers could’ve done something, but sure, I guess I’ll add it to why I’m personally leaning on fake, but let’s not pretend everyone who thinks it’s plausible deserves to be treated as a crazed conspiracy theorist, laughed at and hated over the dumbest stuff.

To be honest, though, I see very few people taking it seriously anymore. Even if some still see it as something that could happen, it largely goes undiscussed until someone brings it up once again. I think most people don’t even take it that seriously nor some other stuff, but no, anyone who doesn’t agree it’s 100% fake is an inferior loon, conspiracy theorist, and should be laughed out of our funny videogame forum instead of having a normal discussion with them...

Basically, this shouldn’t be treated as a simple black and white situation, imo. It’s videogame stuff for goodness sake. If y’all actually think people are setting themselves up for disappointment, and are being mentally unhealthy, then try a different approach besides what is not going to help with how angry and “forceful” some of you who do this are over it (making some of you who do this look like the real unhealthily obsessive ones here, although in all honesty regarding you two specifically, you seem good about this stuff GoodGrief as I don’t ever see you getting mad and insulting people over it and I see you as a reasonable person as well, and I do agree in that it really shouldn’t be considered as very good evidence tbh, as even if it’s real, we won’t know it’s real until minutes after we know whether or not the characters people want out of it are fighters; it really does promise nothing more than two mii hats. Cutie Gwen, I don’t think you’re “bad” or anything, but to be honest, your posts about this stuff do come off as having a bit of malice or hatefulness behind them, and so they feel like they fit what I’ve discussed in this post and my previous posts, your posts not being the only ones...but I’m sorry if I’ve taken you wrong).

Last edited:

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
More than anything, I'm just really curious to see what happens to the Min Min spirit battle tomorrow. Whatever happens with it could have implications for the future DLC.
Imagine if there’s no changes and you can equip Min Min with her own spirit, or fight the puppet Corrin with Min Min herself. “I found you, faker!”

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I feel these are completely different situations, as we aren’t actually 100% certain about things for Cacomallow
This is all I needed to read because yes, we ARE certain.
Screenshot_20200612-064817.png

We know for a fact that the top image was real and that's the debug mode timer. Cacomallow not adding up to the real thing here is literally all that's needed
Codenames are always fun

Luck
Soul
Shard
Jackpot
Mercury
Oracle
King
Master Chief
Nightmare
Miriam
Dante
Sol Badguy. Oracle stumped me but I think King is Saber

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is all I needed to read because yes, we ARE certain.
View attachment 276592
We know for a fact that the top image was real and that's the debug mode timer. Cacomallow not adding up to the real thing here is literally all that's needed
No, I think you should read my whole post. Regarding this specifically, I am throwing this in with why I am leaning on fake, but I do think the debug mode’s timer could’ve been edited later, or some debug tool froze it and we just don’t know the full stuff behind how the debug timer works. But yeah, looking very unlikely.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
User was warned for this post
No, I think you should read my whole post.
No, I don't think I should because as established, Cacomallow is fake and anyone denying that is choosing to be an idiot. Can't argue against the cold hard truth of the debug timer, just like how Grinch was dead when people realized it didn't match up with the empty banner shown at E3 2018.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
No, I don't think I should because as established, Cacomallow is fake and anyone denying that is choosing to be an idiot. Can't argue against the cold hard truth of the debug timer, just like how Grinch was dead when people realized it didn't match up with the empty banner shown at E3 2018.
I guess you’re proving the end of my post right, then, which honestly makes me genuinely sad.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Ah, of course. The other "Symphony" game. Krystal was a bit trickier; Her weapon looks more like a spear than a staff, though it seems the two have a bit of overlap.
Yeah I always considered Krystal to have a staff, thats why I've always wanted here considering she would be different from the other Star Fox characters and would be a different weapon user. Congrats Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura for cracking the code!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not much. Currently, there's the inevitable argument over CacoMallow (Again), plus a bit of fun with guessing the hypothetical codenames we're making.
At this point I consider CacoMallow dead in the water. Shouldn't even be an discussion to begin with.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
but I do think the debug mode’s timer could’ve been edited later, or some debug tool froze it and we just don’t know the full stuff behind how the debug timer works. But yeah, looking very unlikely.
Why would they change the debug mode's timer? What feasible reason would they have to do so? While the second justification holds up better to Occam's Razor, even then it's a significant stretch.

If you keep moving the goalposts like this, then it'll always have the possibility of being true.

When's it enough to just let a dead horse lie?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I guess you’re proving the end of my post right, then, which honestly makes me genuinely sad.
Which end of the post, cause it could either be you publicly calling out Gwen or just saying that people get too heated over video games. :222:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's just two ****ing Mii costumes that have no bearing on anything else.
Why's this **** still going on

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Why would they change the debug mode's timer? What feasible reason would they have to do so? While the second justification holds up better to Occam's Razor, even then it's a significant stretch.

If you keep moving the goalposts like this, then it'll always have the possibility of being true.

Not to mention that the source of debug mode with the Ken leak was when the game was close to going gold, we'd need undeniable evidence that it was changed before considering a changed debug timer to be a possibility

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's just two ****ing Mii costumes that have no bearing on anything else.
Why's this **** still going on
I've always seen it as "Listen guys, this is how Geno can still win.": The Post.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't get why you're so worked up and feel sad about people being able to put 2 and 2 together though. Have fun being disappointed when it turns out to be conpletely fake regardless if Geno or Doomguy get in though
That’s not what I’m talking about. It’s the dang hatefulness and spitefulness being put behind everything. Why can’t we just be civil and stop acting like a bunch of frickin’ entitled “I’m right, you’re wrong, and I’m better and smarter than you” jerks over something as simple as a dang entertainment videogame.

Which end of the post, cause it could either be you publicly calling out Gwen or just saying that people get too heated over video games. :222:
I didn’t intend a call out, I just felt her posts and some others‘ posts were being basically what you described, getting heated up and insulting people over frickin’ videogame “leaks” and videogame stuff in general. I was also trying to be respectful and knew I could be taking everything wrong.

I don’t see why “us not knowing enough about the debug timer” is a stretch since we literally know very little about this stuff. But I’m already leaning on fake, and no one staying in 50/50 or even leaning on likely is bothering y’all or not trying to use logic.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That’s not what I’m talking about. It’s the dang hatefulness and spitefulness being put behind everything. Why can’t we just be civil and stop acting like a bunch of frickin’ entitled “I’m right, you’re wrong, and I’m better and smarter than you” jerks over something as simple as a dang entertainment videogame.

I didn’t intend a call out, I just felt her posts and some others‘ posts were being basically what you described, getting heated up and insulting people over frickin’ videogame “leaks.”

I don’t see why “us not knowing enough about the debug timer” is a stretch since we literally know very little about this stuff.
It's one thing to argue against uncertainties, but it's another thing to argue against actual undeniable facts. People who try to argue against undeniable facts despite having no arguments at all aren't being smart. That's why.

All we need to know about the debug timer is what it looks like. And viola, we know that, it says 02:30.00 and that's that. If you don't want to be considered delusional, show me the evidence that the debug timer is no longer 02:30.00 or realize that it's 100% fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom