• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
You have inspired a new forum game out of me.

The entire fighter pass is going to be upgraded assist trophies, however every upgraded assist will be replaced by an assist trophy from the same series. Liiiiike so:

FP6: Spring Man (default, we know it’s ARMs, and the game demands upgraded assists)
New Assist: Max Brass (Springtron is an alt)

FP7: Waluigi (for fanservice. I’d actually prefer Hammer Bros.)
New Assist: Boom Boom

FP8: Ashley
New Assist: 9volt

FP9: Midna
New Assist: BOTW Guardians

FP10: Bomberman
New Assist: Max

FP11: Shovel Knight
New Assist: Spectre Knight

(Honorable mention:
FP I wish: Isaac
New Wishsist: Felix)
Ooh, fun.

Apologies in advance, since I'm totally going to front-load certain series...

FP6: Spring Man (I'm still on board for a Ribbon Girl alt among others)
Assist: Twintelle

FP7: Midna
Assist: Champions (The four appear in their spirit form before they fly off and unleash a Divine Beast beam at the spawn location. Either that, or have one randomly appear and use their ability: Urbosa deals a powerful electric blast that deals a lot of damage and stuns, Revali unleashes a windbox that does little damage but gives massive knockback, Daruk gives the summoner a shield for a short time, and Mipha heals the summoner for some damage)

FP8: Waluigi
Assist: Pauline (Takes Isabelle's old Assist)

FP9: Skull Kid
Assist: Guardian (Nothing happens at first, but then the music starts and its laser beam comes from offstage and locks onto a character. It crawls on screen as it locks on, then eventually fires a OHKO unless it is destroyed first.)

FP10: Knuckles (but let's face it, it should be Tails before any other Sonic characters, so add him as a bonus echo)
Assist: Eggman (A well developed boss-level assist using several of his mechs)

FP11: Ghirahim
Assist: Bring back that ******* Tingle.
...yeah, too much Zelda, sorry. Fine, Promote Meowth to playable and add Arcanine as a Pokéball (charges around the stage with Extremespeed and chomps opponents with Fire Fang)

Bonus pack: Promote Hammer Bro with a new Toadette assist (gives the summoner a long-lasting star)

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
You have inspired a new forum game out of me.

The entire fighter pass is going to be upgraded assist trophies, however every upgraded assist will be replaced by an assist trophy from the same series. Liiiiike so:

FP6: Spring Man (default, we know it’s ARMs, and the game demands upgraded assists)
New Assist: Max Brass (Springtron is an alt)

FP7: Waluigi (for fanservice. I’d actually prefer Hammer Bros.)
New Assist: Boom Boom

FP8: Ashley
New Assist: 9volt

FP9: Midna
New Assist: BOTW Guardians

FP10: Bomberman
New Assist: Max

FP11: Shovel Knight
New Assist: Spectre Knight

(Honorable mention:
FP I wish: Isaac
New Wishsist: Felix)
Just ATs? I'll try to keep them from the same game.

FP6: Spring Man (default)
New Assist: Max Brass

FP7: Waluigi
New Assist: Toad

FP8: Midna
New Assist: Zant

FP9: Skull Kid
New Assist: The Four Giants

I just thought of an amazing idea, they're a free for all AT. When they show up, they slowly lift the stage above the blast zone, the players can briefly KO each other with the slightest knockback.

FP10: Ghirahim
New Assist: Demise

An with that, I've went mad for Zelda characters.

FP11: Isaac
New Assist: Felix

(Honorable mention: Zero)

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I can't quite look for it right now (I need to have my G-Mail open but I don't want to use that account for YouTube), but I'll try in a few minutes.
No worries. I appreciate you taking the time to look in the first place.

I did manage to find this however. This is probably the image it was referring to.

Ness.JPG

Kind of difficult to recreate but definitely was not something that occurred before Byleth dropped.

I found it from this source where his video was made March 3rd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DwI3e7J9w&t=640s

Edit: Man I hope it leads into Geno but I don't want to get my hopes up on such a baseless claim.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I did manage to find this however. This is probably the image it was referring to.

View attachment 269729

Kind of difficult to recreate but definitely was not something that occurred before Byleth dropped.

I found it from this source where his video was made March 3rd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DwI3e7J9w&t=640s
If it is a hint, then Ness is hinting for FP7 as Bayonetta is likely our base/otherwise source for the ARMS rep

if same height: Geno, possibly
If different height but used for abilities like psychic powers: Neku?

also, anyone wanna look into the Simon/Richter and Byleth connection?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Reminder that the Terry + Ice Climbers glitch led to nothing.

I feel these are all coincidences. Maybe something about a character will be used as a base for future ones, but visual glitches and whatnot don’t seem like good indications, especially when you can say some of the DLC characters take from multiple other characters (most of which had no glitches). Heck, we could say Bayonetta could be used for any ARMS character thanks to her side smash.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Damn MatPat for making me think of Sans the moment I heard someone mention a Ness glitch.

Anyways, I don't think these glitches will actually help us point to which character might get in Smash.
Except for Ness and Sans, **** you MatPat.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Reminder that the Terry + Ice Climbers glitch led to nothing.

I feel these are all coincidences. Maybe something about a character will be used as a base for future ones, but visual glitches and whatnot don’t seem like good indications, especially when you can say some of the DLC characters take from multiple others (most of which had no glitches).
The IC glitch was at the SAME TIME as Terry’s release though and they fixed that lightning fast as it crashed the game

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If it is a hint, then Ness is hinting for FP7 as Bayonetta is likely our base/otherwise source for the ARMS rep

There's literally no reason to expect Simon to have been a base for Byleth. Byleth uses the Sword of the Creator as a whip for four moves, and of them the only one that's at all similar to something Simon does is Byleth's up smash being vaguely similar to Simon's up tilt.

Byleth more than likely used Marth or Ike as a base.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

There's literally no reason to expect Simon to have been a base for Byleth. Byleth uses the Sword of the Creator as a whip for four moves, and of them the only one that's at all similar to something Simon does is Byleth's up smash being vaguely similar to Simon's up tilt.

Byleth more than likely used Marth or Ike as a base.
It was only a visual issue with the tether of Simon's chain. Usually when he F-Air's into the ledge to recover. Most lead to speculation it had something to with how Byleth's Up-Special functions since it counted as a grab box. As a result, the tip of Simon's chain had an animation issue or it was not syncing well with the edge.

I can look further into this for confirmation.

Thank you! This is actually really interesting now since it shows that it can be in game and out of game as well. That is a really bizarre visual bug that I doubt was left unknown for this long.

Time to start speculating some more.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The IC glitch was at the SAME TIME as Terry’s release though and they fixed that lightning fast as it crashed the game
Did the other glitches not show up only after another character’s release though? It was also a major glitch.

Also, the save-destruction bug with Plant, Duck Hunt and Mii Swordfighter ended up only happening with certain SD cards. And if Bayonetta is being used as a base in some way, it could be her side-smash being used to base a move for any ARMS character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You guys realize Bowser Jr. was used for Plant's base right? Literally when have glitches EVER proven anything? There was the Mii Swordfighter and DHD glitch that was caused by faulty SD cards but people took it as a hint. This is like saying "Woah there was sun outside today, could this mean a pyrokinetic is in Smash?"

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
You guys realize Bowser Jr. was used for Plant's base right? Literally when have glitches EVER proven anything? There was the Mii Swordfighter and DHD glitch that was caused by faulty SD cards but people took it as a hint. This is like saying "Woah there was sun outside today, could this mean a pyrokinetic is in Smash?"
I get what you are saying but you can't really brush it off completely when the idea that these characters were tampered/utilized to create a template for another character. If the DLC character did not have any correlation with them, it would be easy to deny. But to play devils advocate, I think there is something to all of this.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If you couldn't already tell, I don't think it means anything. I'm sure there's plenty of glitches we don't even know about that didn't exist a few months ago. We could probably make a full pass out of these random glitches.

Weird stuff happens. Doesn't always mean it's a result of something significant.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I get what you are saying but you can't really brush it off completely when the idea that these characters were tampered/utilized to create a template for another character. If the DLC character did not have any correlation with them, it would be easy to deny. But to play devils advocate, I think there is something to all of this.
Here's the thing, not only do we have examples of characters being drastically different from their bases meaning this fan theory won't help prove anything, but we only have a single case for it possibly meaning anything yet it's being treated as a pattern

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
not sure why we're still bringing up the "character glitch means a DLC character's using them as base" theory when Banjo ended up using Ridley rather than Duck Hunt
Everyone says this but no one brings up the source of this statement, it's not confirmed people. Stop bringing it up.

andree123

Smash Ace

View attachment 269729

Edit: Man I hope it leads into Geno but I don't want to get my hopes up on such a baseless claim.
I think one of you guys try to ask him about that and why did it happened.

Powerman293

Smash Ace

It's almost been one year since arguably the most infamous "leak" in Nintendo history. Shoutout Ken and Duck Hunt's echo for making it into the game.

If you could pick one Grinch character to get into the game, whod it be? I think Chorus Kids would've been a crazy a** character.

Your choices: Isaac, Shadow, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, and Geno.
Sorry this is MONTHS late, but I haven't used Smashboards until this month. I appreciate people on here sharing my video.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Here's the thing, not only do we have examples of characters being drastically different from their bases meaning this fan theory won't help prove anything, but we only have a single case for it possibly meaning anything yet it's being treated as a pattern
But I also don't think any of these characters are one to one with the character that is causing issues. Being used as a template doesn't always translate to the same moves/functionality. There could be multiple featured used with a certain character yet one only of their references is caught out with a minuscule bug. While Bayonetta could be used as a template for the ARMS character, I also see them taking ideas form someone like Zero Suit Samus as a reference point. Using her as an example because I think there is going to be a move similar to Zero Suit's Down Special utilized with the ARMS character. (Dodge into a mix up option)

Yet, I still think it's plausible for this to be apart of a pattern. Not 100% sold, but it's in the realm of possibility and It's a ship I am willing to go down with.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think one of you guys try to ask him about that and why did it happened.
Apprantly in the youtube video

There's a guy in the comments named Riley young that claims to have been the Ness Player. He doesn't know why it happened and apprantly he had no eyes for the entire match. He saved a replay but the eyes were there again, so yeah

If Ness is being used in the coding of Another Character, It could be because of his Eyes, maybe Similiar Style. Maybe Someone that has Similiar look to Ness in someway or similiar toolset

Koopaul

Smash Champion
That seems to be a bit of a non issue to me since most of these characters are just PNGs removed from backgrounds they originated from.
I think the issue is on the flip side as the characters that need to come with the spirit. It makes more sense to include a character already a spirit as a means to populate a Spirit board with new spirits. I get the feeling by the end of it, every ARMS character is at least going to have one spirit similar to how the entire roster of SFII: Turbo is included.
Actually most of, if not all Spirits did not come from an image with a background. I don't think they can use that image you've shown since it's a painterly image with streams of wind that are mixed in with the background. Maybe with some Photoshoppery they can remove it but I doubt they would.

But you are right about the fact that Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Min Min, and Twintelle definitely won't be on the ARMS special Spirit Board.

andree123

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So, Nintendo released the new artwork for Xenoblade DE and with the Japanese XBDE site listing four pages as coming soon.
Does it mean that a Xenoblade DE direct would be announced by late April to May?

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Unrelated, but a random thought I had while I was trying to sleep.

My prediction is that we will not get Hat Kid as a DLC, but instead as a Mii Swordfighter costume with a music track. As for which track, I have not played enough of A Hat in Time to say so.

I'm also willing to bet at this point that only indie games will get music with their costumes as the only indie game costumes have been Sans and Cuphead (MEGOLOVANIA and Floral Fury).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So, Nintendo released the new artwork for Xenoblade DE and with the Japanese XBDE site listing four pages as coming soon.
Does it mean that a Xenoblade DE direct would be announced by late April to May?
I'm more interested in how Dunban's able to move both of his arms to make a dynamic pose despite being crippled

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Apprantly in the youtube video

There's a guy in the comments named Riley young that claims to have been the Ness Player. He doesn't know why it happened and apprantly he had no eyes for the entire match. He saved a replay but the eyes were there again, so yeah

If Ness is being used in the coding of Another Character, It could be because of his Eyes, maybe Similiar Style. Maybe Someone that has Similiar look to Ness in someway or similiar toolset
I try not to follow the threads on these glitches with regards to potential characters too deeply. Game design is pretty complicated and they might be taking elements you might not expect for certain characters. Plus it's pretty hard to predict even after narrowing it down.

How many people predicted Byleth based on the Belmont whip glitch? Or an ARMs character based off Bayonetta's weird texturing issues?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm more interested in how Dunban's able to move both of his arms to make a dynamic pose despite being crippled
I think it's a decently realistic motion considering his arm just has a low range of motion (as opposed to completely paralyzed). Looking at some footage, he does seem to move it decently well. Not enough to T-pose or anything, but enough to make that pose.

EDIT: Though his mannerisms seem to favor not doing that so I dunno.
EDIT EDIT: I thought this was a typo the first time I saw it, but it looks like Fiora's Japanese name is Fiorung...I'd say that's the weirdest name I've ever seen but Mustard is a thing. Nobody can top that.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Unrelated, but a random thought I had while I was trying to sleep.

My prediction is that we will not get Hat Kid as a DLC, but instead as a Mii Swordfighter costume with a music track. As for which track, I have not played enough of A Hat in Time to say so.

I'm also willing to bet at this point that only indie games will get music with their costumes as the only indie game costumes have been Sans and Cuphead (MEGOLOVANIA and Floral Fury).
Imo the best track in the game is "Train rush" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9zvAVH-tsw It sounds nothing like what we have in the soundtrack so it would be very nice and I think it would fit extremely well Smash bros.
Other musics that I would enjoy from this game are "she came from outer space", "Mafia boss big showdown", "the battle of awards 42" and "Your contract has expired". Of course they could also go simply for the main theme, but I think it would need a good remix to be really good in Smash.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I try not to follow the threads on these glitches with regards to potential characters too deeply. Game design is pretty complicated and they might be taking elements you might not expect for certain characters. Plus it's pretty hard to predict even after narrowing it down.

How many people predicted Byleth based on the Belmont whip glitch? Or an ARMs character based off Bayonetta's weird texturing issues?
It's not about the visual aspects, it's about them tampering with the character between updates (normally to use some code as basis for others)

Byleth's Smashes are really similar to Simon and Richter's and they are the closest ones from the game.
No matter who the ARMS character is, I expect that we will be able to control how far these ARMS go, since having a lot of range, good speed and knockback for these attacks would be really broken:
- Take out the knockback and the fighter would feel really weak
- Take out the range and it cuts the main thing about ARMS
- Take out the speed and it would lead to attacks that are really easy to punish
A solution for this would be to the arms to only extend while you hold the attack button. Which character in the game is similar to this? That's right, Bayo!

I think the most important question regarding the Ness glitch is: what makes him unique over everybody else (in more technical aspects of Ultimate) that could serve for a new character and that no one else currently in the game comes close? That could actually point to something...

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

It's almost been one year since arguably the most infamous "leak" in Nintendo history. Shoutout Ken and Duck Hunt's echo for making it into the game.

If you could pick one Grinch character to get into the game, whod it be? I think Chorus Kids would've been a crazy a** character.

Your choices: Isaac, Shadow, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, and Geno.
I have to admit, the Grinch leak is one of the clever fake leaks I have seen which fooled almost everyone of us.

Anyways, if I could pick one character out of the list, I would opt for Mach Rider. I have a thing for retro representations who deserve a chance to shine in Smash.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
It's not about the visual aspects, it's about them tampering with the character between updates (normally to use some code as basis for others)

Byleth's Smashes are really similar to Simon and Richter's and they are the closest ones from the game.
No matter who the ARMS character is, I expect that we will be able to control how far these ARMS go, since having a lot of range, good speed and knockback for these attacks would be really broken:
- Take out the knockback and the fighter would feel really weak
- Take out the range and it cuts the main thing about ARMS
- Take out the speed would lead to attacks that are really easy to punish
A solution for this would be to the arms to only extend while you hold the attack button. Which character in the game is similar to this? That's right, Bayo!

I think the most important question regarding the Ness glitch is: what makes him unique over everybody else (in more technical aspects of Ultimate) that could serve for a new character and that no one else currently in the game comes close? That could actually point to something...
I think Ness' most uniques attributes are his second jump and his recovery. Perhaps the fighter would be someone that can jump higher, and/or that can somehow hurt himself for recovery or for another reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom