• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I think each DLC has a lot going for each Joker being as stylish and fresh as he is kicked off the DLC great, Hero finally making it in after years of DQ fans asking, Banjo making it in after years of fans asking and calling back to the N64 days of Rare and solidifying even more Nintendo’s relationship with Microsoft, Terry calling back to the legacy of SNK and Fatal Fury being the other grandfather of the Fighting Genre, and Byleth promoting and solidifying Three Houses as an achievement.

I do think Terry is the most fun to play though. It’s crazy how fun it is to pull of Buster Wolf and Power Geyer. Terry is the most fun I’ve had in a DLC character to date.
Well Byleth was worked on since before the game came out, so it's moreso a coincidence than intentional.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Good morning everybody!

A few things I’ve been thinking about that might bring in some discussion (really hoping it doesn’t get the “fAn RuLe!” Argument thrown at it, but something to think about.

A few bits of precedent that we could consider going forward with the last 5 DLC choices:

1) Any time a game/series gets into Smash with their first fighter it is either given to the main protagonist, mascot, or the “main cover character”. This has been consistent with every game/series that has been added to Smash.

2) While not always 3rd party, DLC picks have always been the main protagonist of the provided game or series, save for Mewtwo and Piranha Plant, both of whom have specific reasons for their DLC inclusion anyway. I don’t really consider them to be valid detractions from this point but I will hear arguments for it.

There was another point I was going to make, but I actually forgot it, lol.

I think ARMS could break this trend with Min Min getting in over Spring Man, but I’m not actually convinced they will. I don’t really know that the ARMS Party Crash has any relation to Smash, but I wouldn’t even really be disappointed to be wrong about that.

I think the “no upgrades” concept will be broken with Spring Man potentially with a Ribbon Girl alt, which will uphold the “main protagonist first” pattern...it’s a pattern that has been consistent since the very first Smash game. I don’t think it’s impossible to break that precedent, but I’m not actually convinced it will be.

Back during the Wii U/3DS days, there were some folks who absolutely, positively thought that particular side characters were getting in over cover characters/main protags because “popularity”. The primary example I remember is Owain from Fire Emblem Awakening getting in over Chrom, Robin, and Lucina. This obviously wasn’t going to happen, but it’s also reflected in the SNK talks between Terry Bogard and Nakoruru. Yes, Nakoruru could provide interesting gameplay mechanics, but Terry Bogard is the SNK pick. Even if KoF isn’t this massive game everyone knows about, adding somebody over Terry to Smash would be like adding a secondary character in Mortal Kombat over Scorpion or Sub Zero. At least, that’s my perspective.

Anyway, figured I’d post something when it was on my mind. Haven’t been posting recently because it’s been...kinda boring to talk Smash if I’m being honest. Not much to talk about besides ARMS and sometimes Good conversations get killed quickly because people get offended quickly or...something. Maybe it’s dismissive with the popular “fan rule!” argument that gets thrown around WAY too much.

Let me know what you think!
Agreed with you on this one.

While the reveal for an ARMS newcomer was unusual, I don't think Nintendo will ignore Spring Man and Ribbon Girl without a good reason (that isn't "X was more popular). It seems quite unlike what they did before, even if you keep an open mind about it.

Also, I agree that even Dixie is still strangely missing from the roster as well, so DK’s core representation still isn’t completed yet.
I'd kill for Dixie but let's be honest, most DKC fans were more interested in Banjo and K.Rool than actively campaigning for her. For a supposedly super popular character, she lacks any big push.

MattX20

Smash Hero
At bare minimum, we will know half of the second fighter pass character identities, that much I can say given Nintendo's Direct history thus far.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well Byleth was worked on since before the game came out, so it's moreso a coincidence than intentional.
I think it was very much intentional, given how Nintendo made a huge deal out of it pre-release.

Yeah, they couldn't know the reception Three Houses will get but it was clearly a game that meant to be a big deal for fans, just like Odyssey and BotW.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think Bandana Dee or any other such character’s chances would need to ride on the “promotion” coattails at this point. Byleth had the ongoing 3H DLC in their favor, and as for the ARMS rep, I have a strong intuition that Nintendo has some big plans for ARMS this year, whether it’s a sequel or that comic they commissioned Dark Horse to do finally coming to fruition.
I think that Kirby is likely to get a new rep because it's likely that one or more Kirby games will come out on Switch before its life cycle will end. One proof of this is the fact that in Super Kirby Clash, hidden in the options menu, there's a button for promotional items, that as far as I know is still unused (unless it was used for that Tetris 99 thing or some Japan-only stuff and I don't know). Also recently the developers of Kirby released an interview where they hinted at several new projects they are working on.

I think that, like what happend with Byleth, Kirby can get a new character to promote a new game, and this is why I doubt it's going to be Bandana Waddle Dee, I think it's more likely the new character of the new game (to be more clear, if it was Star Allies, it would have been Hyness or the Three Mage Sisters).

Another franchise that can get the promotional rep treatment is Zelda, but I'm not sure, it depends on if BotW2 has a new character who gets the spotlight.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Gotta ask and as someone who has only played a bit of King of Fighters 98' but how did the SNK fighting games influence Smash Bros? Is it the special moves or game speed?

Been looking for it but haven't seem to find anything. Or maybe my brain isn't working today.
Several of Smash's mechanics are SNK-inspired. Heck, even its "How to Play" tutorials are most likely a nod to:

Anyways, it may seem mundane now, but prior to SNK, other traditional fighting games had a slow, deliberate shuffling sort of pace to them. Smash owes many of its core movement and defensive options like dashing, short-hopping, dodging, and rolling to SNK.

Two of my new favorite features in Ultimate are Squad Strike and the FS meter. Squad Strike was undoubtedly inspired by King of Fighters. The first fighting game with a super meter was Samurai Shodown. As for Final Smashes in general, the first Super Special move was in Art of Fighting. All 3 of those games are made by SNK.

Smash's "Rage mode" is a desperation comeback mechanic that lets players dish out more damage when they're at higher percentages. Rage was first used in SNK's Samurai Shodown.

There are quite a few normal attacks (and special moves, if you count Miis) added to the game with no origin of the character ever using them. Some of them are definitely inspired by attacks from SNK fighting games. For example, Samus' Up Air looks a heck of a lot like Terry's Rising Tackle.

This is speculation on my part, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the Smash Invitation Letter is featured much more prominently in Ultimate compared to Smash 4. For starters, Terry is in Ultimate, and the Smash Invitation Letter is very reminiscent of another fighting game with a similar all-star crossover premise: the King of Fighters 94.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think that Kirby is likely to get a new rep because it's likely that one or more Kirby games will come out on Switch before its life cycle will end. One proof of this is the fact that in Super Kirby Clash, hidden in the options menu, there's a button for promotional items, that as far as I know is still unused (unless it was used for that Tetris 99 thing or some Japan-only stuff and I don't know). Also recently the developers of Kirby released an interview where they hinted at several new projects they are working on.
It's also reasonable considering that the 3Ds got Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby Planet Robobot and like, four spin off titles.
EDIT: The multiple games part, not necessarily the newcomer part. Would be cool though.

(to be more clear, if it was Star Allies, it would have been Hyness or the Three Mage Sisters).
Aw man we're missing out. Hyness would be a cool mage character completely unique in feel to the rest of the cast. Also his design is hilarious. The Three Mage Sisters are also quite fun. Not sure how viable they'd be since that's three movesets you're making, but the potential's there.

Really you could slap any of the Dream Friends into the game and they'd be the most fun thing ever. Implementation could be a bit difficult though 'cuz balanced characters, they ain't.

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
I'd kill for Dixie but let's be honest, most DKC fans were more interested in Banjo and K.Rool than actively campaigning for her. For a supposedly super popular character, she lacks any big push.
At the very least she should be next in line at this point, regardless of fan-demand, so maybe she could tie into a new game.

(Although, it seemingly took something as big as the Smash Ballot just to include someone like K. Rool, so it’s a bit of a shame that the DK franchise could have been put aside otherwise).

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Several of Smash's mechanics are SNK-inspired. Heck, even its "How to Play" tutorials are most likely a nod to:

Anyways, it may seem mundane now, but prior to SNK, other traditional fighting games had a slow, deliberate shuffling sort of pace to them. Smash owes many of its core movement and defensive options like dashing, short-hopping, dodging, and rolling to SNK.

Two of my new favorite features in Ultimate are Squad Strike and the FS meter. Squad Strike was undoubtedly inspired by King of Fighters. The first fighting game with a super meter was Samurai Shodown. As for Final Smashes in general, the first Super Special move was in Art of Fighting. All 3 of those games are made by SNK.

Smash's "Rage mode" is a desperation comeback mechanic that lets players dish out more damage when they're at higher percentages. Rage was first used in SNK's Samurai Shodown.

There are quite a few normal attacks added to the game with no origin of the character ever using them. Some of them are definitely inspired by attacks from SNK fighting games. For example, Samus' Up Air looks a heck of a lot like Terry's Rising Tackle.

This is speculation on my part, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the Smash Invitation Letter is featured much more prominently in Ultimate compared to Smash 4. For starters, Terry is in Ultimate, and the Smash Invitation Letter is very reminiscent of another fighting game with a similar all-star crossover premise: the King of Fighters 94.
Don't forget the shields IIRC that comes from the King of Fighters games.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Don't forget the shields IIRC that comes from the King of Fighters games.
You're right: SNK fighters introduced taunting, Shield (Guard) Break, Powershielding (Just Guard), and reflecting projectiles with shield. SNK was even the first to introduce a "teetering on the edge of the stage" animation in Real Bout Fatal Fury. Samsho 2 was the first fighting game to have parries, although Smash's are more similar to Street Fighter. There's more, but I think the point is that Smash owes a lot to it, ahaha.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Considering that franchises like Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Fire Emblem got some fresh faces on the roster, I personally think that it’d be weird to witness the ever-so thriving Kirby franchise go even more than 12+ years across two entries without a single new rep. Especially someone who could rep not only a core era of the Kirby franchise, but also a species that has been with the franchise since the very beginning.

Although, I can’t imagine that the scope of Ultimate’s DLC revolves around being “fair”, so who knows at this point.
Kirby’s not the only series that hasn’t gotten a fresh face since Brawl. Zelda got its last ‘fresh face’ then, and he was a last minute clone at that. To be honest, Zelda hasn’t gotten more than moveset tweaks since Melee, and fully half of their current roster is cloned from other characters.

Even small things like having YLink transform into Fierce Deity before his Final Smash or giving Ganondorf an appropriate villain victory theme didn’t happen.
I’d give my two cents with the Bayonetta talk.

Most polling results can be ascertained after a few days where the poll is in the spotlight. It’s highly speculated that many of the top choices were popular characters that made it into Ultimate, many of which were clearly more complex than taking data from within the game to create.

For example, Cloud was based on Ike at one point, while Bayonetta was based on Zero Suit Samus at one point. These are assets being repurposed to make a job easier. Negotiating for Snake, for example, is not as simple as getting Bayonetta and repurposing a characters assets. Chrom could have been seen as an issue at the time given the fact that he was already in the game, and his specific game already had a stage. K.Rool, Ridley, and Banjo for examples couldn’t be simply copied from assets, PKMN Trainer wouldn’t be combined back with Charizard, etc...

I think it’s simply giving credit to the wording. “Among realizable” to me at least, implies that other characters placed higher in some cases, but were not realizable, or the development team wouldn’t be able to make them happen.

I’m sure this won’t be seen as an acceptable scenario, because for whatever reason folks want to run with the conspiracy that “Nintendo lied!” When it really isn’t that serious.
I’m fully of the opinion that “realizable” means “is Bayonetta.” There’s no way that negotiations were completed and a character made in time (not to mention stage, trophies, music...) unless they basically had her as the character from the beginning.

However, they clearly used the ballot for Ultimate newcomers. Sakurai even referenced the ballot for K. Rool (and that’s how we for the costume last round - easy to make so they could bang it out as a consolation prize).

Ultimate also came out way sooner than it should have - it really looks like they went straight from Sm4sh DLC to start Ultimate, and there they had the full ballot. Seeing all of the vets made Ultimate’s dev cycle focus on bringing everyone back, and then including only a few but highly requested characters like Ridley or K. Rool.

At the time I was annoyed, but I got over it pretty quickly. It definitely looked like they were trying to end Sm4sh as quickly as possible to start Ultimate, so it makes sense in retrospect why they didn’t really use the ballot for Sm4sh DLC: they opened the suggestions for Ultimate while they were finishing the DLC they had preplanned so they could have some big ideas for the next Smash game right away.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
In other news, the Dixie support thread has finally surpassed 10,000 replies this past week, making it one of only 4 individual character support threads for Ultimate on this site to hit 5 digits in replies.

Be the change you wish to see in this world.

07d0f07650da66621f6cc1443198d879ab2b59ccr1-500-550_hq.gif

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Good morning everybody!

A few things I’ve been thinking about that might bring in some discussion (really hoping it doesn’t get the “fAn RuLe!” Argument thrown at it, but something to think about.

A few bits of precedent that we could consider going forward with the last 5 DLC choices:

1) Any time a game/series gets into Smash with their first fighter it is either given to the main protagonist, mascot, or the “main cover character”. This has been consistent with every game/series that has been added to Smash.

2) While not always 3rd party, DLC picks have always been the main protagonist of the provided game or series, save for Mewtwo and Piranha Plant, both of whom have specific reasons for their DLC inclusion anyway. I don’t really consider them to be valid detractions from this point but I will hear arguments for it.

There was another point I was going to make, but I actually forgot it, lol.

I think ARMS could break this trend with Min Min getting in over Spring Man, but I’m not actually convinced they will. I don’t really know that the ARMS Party Crash has any relation to Smash, but I wouldn’t even really be disappointed to be wrong about that.

I think the “no upgrades” concept will be broken with Spring Man potentially with a Ribbon Girl alt, which will uphold the “main protagonist first” pattern...it’s a pattern that has been consistent since the very first Smash game. I don’t think it’s impossible to break that precedent, but I’m not actually convinced it will be.

Back during the Wii U/3DS days, there were some folks who absolutely, positively thought that particular side characters were getting in over cover characters/main protags because “popularity”. The primary example I remember is Owain from Fire Emblem Awakening getting in over Chrom, Robin, and Lucina. This obviously wasn’t going to happen, but it’s also reflected in the SNK talks between Terry Bogard and Nakoruru. Yes, Nakoruru could provide interesting gameplay mechanics, but Terry Bogard is the SNK pick. Even if KoF isn’t this massive game everyone knows about, adding somebody over Terry to Smash would be like adding a secondary character in Mortal Kombat over Scorpion or Sub Zero. At least, that’s my perspective.

Anyway, figured I’d post something when it was on my mind. Haven’t been posting recently because it’s been...kinda boring to talk Smash if I’m being honest. Not much to talk about besides ARMS and sometimes Good conversations get killed quickly because people get offended quickly or...something. Maybe it’s dismissive with the popular “fan rule!” argument that gets thrown around WAY too much.

Let me know what you think!
How do you feel about characters from franchises that already have their mascot/protagonist playable in Smash? Do you see the second point harming someone like Waluigi for example even though Mario is playable? What if said character had other points leading in their favor like popularity among the fanbase or notoriety among Nintendo staff and whatnot?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
How do you feel about characters from franchises that already have their mascot/protagonist playable in Smash? Do you see the second point harming someone like Waluigi for example even though Mario is playable? What if said character had other points leading in their favor like popularity among the fanbase or notoriety among Nintendo staff and whatnot?
I think it entirely depends on the situation.

While every DLC pick has been a mascot/protagonist, I think it also depends on where the character comes from, or why they’re added.

Waluigi seems like a character that I could see happening, though I’m not sure. It comes down to Nintendo seeing it as a potential opportunity for profit. However, I still think there’s something to keep in mind going forward in terms of the way that DLC and “series” newcomers have worked.

Really, I think the ARMS pick will be telling.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Kirby’s not the only series that hasn’t gotten a fresh face since Brawl. Zelda got its last ‘fresh face’ then, and he was a last minute clone at that. To be honest, Zelda hasn’t gotten more than moveset tweaks since Melee, and fully half of their current roster is cloned from other characters.

Even small things like having YLink transform into Fierce Deity before his Final Smash or giving Ganondorf an appropriate villain victory theme didn’t happen.
Now that I think about it, that’s pretty unfortunate considering Zelda’s top-status as a Nintendo property.
I do like how several games were addressed through the characters in Ultimate (instead of Twilight Princess 10x over), but general representation certainly doesn’t feel 100% satisfying overall, in specific areas at least.

Granted, i’m not the biggest fan of Zelda but when you put it that way, there’s some sort of pain to be felt towards the franchise’s representation in a way.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In other news, the Dixie support thread has finally surpassed 10,000 replies this past week, making it one of only 4 individual character support threads for Ultimate on this site to hit 5 digits in replies.

Be the change you wish to see in this world.

View attachment 269710
And the others one are? (Geno excluded we already know, they might as well be 6-digit)

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Every time I see Geno brought up, I think back to an argument I had in one of my Discord servers where someone argued that the reason why Geno never appears in anything anymore is that Square Enix just loves him soooooo much, that they'll never let anyone use him, or let him appear in anything, for fear of him not being used properly.

Which is, by far, one of the dumbest ****in' arguments I've ever heard in my life.
Not sure where this comes from but this sounds like a blatant false flag. Just more idiots trying to paint Geno supporters in a negative light. It's a shame that this has been becoming a more common trend as of late.

This isn't targeted at you personally but I have to ask the Smash community is it so hard to just leave people the **** alone when it comes to characters they want to see in Smash? Like we put up with enough from you guys. It's getting rather depressing.

This acting high and mighty/my character is better and more relevant **** is really old. This mentality/gate keeping is literal zoomer bull ****.

Definitely was late to that discussion. But my point still stands. Just respect your fellow Smash fans. Don't be a clout chasing douche bag.

Last edited:

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58

While every DLC pick has been a mascot/protagonist, I think it also depends on where the character comes from, or why they’re added.

Waluigi seems like a character that I could see happening, though I’m not sure. It comes down to Nintendo seeing it as a potential opportunity for profit. However, I still think there’s something to keep in mind going forward in terms of the way that DLC and “series” newcomers have worked.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say that the ARMS pick won't be any of the ARMS characters with spirits, meaning it'll be down to 10. I'll go further and say that it won't be any of the DLC characters, limiting it to five, but I will say the irony won't be lost on me if the Smash DLC is ARMS DLC as well.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'll take a shot in the dark and say that the ARMS pick won't be any of the ARMS characters with spirits, meaning it'll be down to 10. I'll go further and say that it won't be any of the DLC characters, limiting it to five, but I will say the irony won't be lost on me if the Smash DLC is ARMS DLC as well.
It's going to be telling regardless, but I can't see them not picking one of the more popular characters from the series. They aren't going to not pick Misango over someone like Min Min unless Nintendo really wanted that character. Given the fact that Nintendo advertise the character is possibly already a spirit and assist trophy is telling. They didn't show just 10 or 5 characters of who it could be. They showed 15 (plus Biff if you want to include 16)

If you ask me, I think it will come down to SpringMan, Min Min, Max Brass or Twintelle. They seem extremely likely and any of the other characters I view as more out of left field. Which I think is fine but my guess is it will be one of those four.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

You have inspired a new forum game out of me.

The entire fighter pass is going to be upgraded assist trophies, however every upgraded assist will be replaced by an assist trophy from the same series. Liiiiike so:

FP6: Spring Man (default, we know it’s ARMs, and the game demands upgraded assists)
New Assist: Max Brass (Springtron is an alt)

FP7: Waluigi (for fanservice. I’d actually prefer Hammer Bros.)
New Assist: Boom Boom

FP8: Ashley
New Assist: 9volt

FP9: Midna
New Assist: BOTW Guardians

FP10: Bomberman
New Assist: Max

FP11: Shovel Knight
New Assist: Spectre Knight

(Honorable mention:
FP I wish: Isaac
New Wishsist: Felix)

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

The entire fighter pass is going to be upgraded assist trophies, however every upgraded assist will be replaced by an assist trophy from the same series. Liiiiike so:

FP6: Spring Man (default, we know it’s ARMs, and the game demands upgraded assists)

(Honorable mention:
Boom Boom would have actually been an amazing Assist Trophy. I can totally see the Mini Boss vibes working in a match of Smash Bros. It's a shame that wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Is it safe to say that was the most savage thing Nintendo has ever done? Like probably not the best move for any Mother fans but it's the most self aware/hard deconfirm thing they could have ever done.
TO BE FAIR...it's robot chicken.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I think getting caught up on what does and does not make the most sense from a business perspective is a bad way to go about speculation, seeing how that doesn't really line up with what we've seen previously.

While characters like Bayonetta, Joker, and Terry are cool, they aren't these massive names that make casual players' jaws drop and say "Holy ****! They added him to the game!? I've gotta buy the DLC now!". As I mentioned in my Banjo post, Nintendo could've went "Sorry, but we'd rather have Master Chief or Steve in the game. They'd be more profitable for both of us". There's no guarantee Microsoft would've went along, but the fact that Banjo was still the first character brought up in negotiations shows that making the most money is not the key to Smash's DLC.

I'm sure the accountants have some say in who gets added, but I don't think it really has any impact. Smash characters are gonna make money because they're Smash characters. Nintendo had confidence that Corrin would sell in 2016, despite his DLC releasing before Fates did internationally. As such, saying to ourselves "X is cool, but is it what would interest Nintendo as a corporation?" seems to be a wrong step.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

(Honorable mention:
FP6: Spring Man
New Assist: Helix

FP7: Waluigi
New Assist: Professor E. Gadd

FP8: Alucard
New Assist: Sypha Belnades

FP9: Tiki
New Assist: Celica

FP10: Starfy
New Assist: Moe

New Assist: Plague Knight

blackghost

Smash Champion
I think this is the weakest take on the "Geno is too insignificant" argument that makes up pretty much the entire previous page. True, there's no marketing potential with him, but they're still getting paid for the character and their related assets. The deal wouldn't hurt them any.

Also not seeing why a successful company automatically equals an arrogant one but that's neither here nor there.
really you dont see companies get messed up by thier own success? did you not see microsoft at the start of this console generation or blizzard currently? when Nintendo had all the success with the wii it launched us into the wiiu era with medicore overall results. Companies get arrogant and it messes them up all the time. One reason the switch has been so sucessful is becuase nintnedo was desperate enough to try new things and idea which is why we got things like breath of the wild and oddessey taking major risks and departing from established fomulas and they also had much young dev teams and leaders than previous games.

"still getting paid s obvious." but there no reason to think geno will bring in the kind of money that would make such a deal worthwhile. I highly doubt geno is worth even 50 percent of whatever nintnedo paid for characters like hero or banjo. its Square's character but its about more than just money. He opens no doors with Nintendo, doesn't build new playerbase, doesn't advertise, and overall isnt a useful bargaining chip. Unless Square pulls a 180 there's no reason to think geno has any place in the future of their games. Like others have said geno doesnt have a person high ranking in the company (and perhaps more) like banjo did. people in nintnedo and microsoft wanted banjo to happen.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

The entire fighter pass is going to be upgraded assist trophies, however every upgraded assist will be replaced by an assist trophy from the same series. )
FP6: Spring man
New assist: Max Brass

FP7: Krystal
New assist: Leon

FP8: Waluigi
New assist: Count Bleck

FP9: Isaac
New assist: Felix

FP10: Yuri Kozukata
New assist: Kusabi

FP11: Takamaru
New assist: Murasame

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey guys, So I was just thinking about the whole Speculation about DLC Fighters using other characters as base models

I think I figured something out. All the Glitches like with Duck Hunt and Mii Swordsman, perhaps it's likely that while perhaps no DLC Characters are using those 2 as a base model (Banjo is based of Ridley), perhaps they take some of the coding from those Two Characters. Swordsman, along with the Rest of the Miis, have more than 4 Special Moves Coded into their character already, and we see Hero has alot more Specials than normal characters with the menu. Banjo has a Bird Companion thing going on like Duck hunt, so that matches

This may apply to the other Characters like Bayonetta, Ness (Supposedly there's a glitch based around him), and others.

Also I like to ask you people a question? Do you think the mechanics these FP2 Characters are gonna be more crazy than FP1, or vice Versa. I bet the DLC Development Team is even smaller than in FP1, and The Budget could be smaller, so I like to hear thoughts. Sakurai did say with these DLC Characters Especially they like to add New Mechanics, and so far every DLC has Done that

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Some “boomers” do this too.
An unfortunate case. I won't act like I distance myself from the likes of DarkSydePhil or some degenerate internet losers.

I am just a simple Wojak meme peddler.

928d8a9a57515320068a2c339e88fd28.jpg

And they don't make Smash fans like they use to.

In all seriousness though, let's try to ignore false flaggers and at least respect each other's picks again? It was annoying seeing people blindly hate fans of :ultridley: &:ultbanjokazooie: It's certainly is annoying seeing it happen to Geno fans as well.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
One thing to note is that the ARMS fighter needs to have a Spirit you unlock in Classic Mode. That means there needs to be official artwork of that character that's not already a Spirit. This is actually not a problem for Spring Man or Ribbon Girl who still have plenty of standalone artwork that could be used as their Classic Mode Spirit. It might be a bit trickier with Min Min. Min Min has only one piece of official artwork that doesn't have her in a scene or with a background. That artwork of Min Min is already a Spirit in Smash Ultimate. Same with Ninjara and Twintelle.

This is just a theory. But I think it's neccessary that the fighter has a unique Classic Mode Spirit. Ninjara, Min Min, and Twintelle might not have one available. Maybe if they Magic Wand tool them out of artwork that has them in a scene?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One thing to note is that the ARMS fighter needs to have a Spirit you unlock in Classic Mode. That means there needs to be official artwork of that character that's not already a Spirit. This is actually not a problem for Spring Man or Ribbon Girl who still have plenty of standalone artwork that could be used as their Classic Mode Spirit. It might be a bit trickier with Min Min. Min Min has only one piece of official artwork that doesn't have her in a scene or with a background. That artwork of Min Min is already a Spirit in Smash Ultimate. Same with Ninjara and Twintelle.

This is just a theory. But I think it's neccessary that the fighter has a unique Classic Mode Spirit. Ninjara, Min Min, and Twintelle might not have one available. Maybe if they Magic Wand tool them out of artwork that has them in a scene?
Not necessarily; Robin, the Wii Fit Trainers, the Pokemon Trainers, and Cloud just use their Smash artwork for their Fighter Spirit.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

That seems to be a bit of a non issue to me since most of these characters are just PNGs removed from backgrounds they originated from.
C967G-6VYAE9UhZ-1024x1024.jpg
I think the issue is on the flip side as the characters that need to come with the spirit. It makes more sense to include a character already a spirit as a means to populate a Spirit board with new spirits. I get the feeling by the end of it, every ARMS character is at least going to have one spirit similar to how the entire roster of SFII: Turbo is included.

D

Deleted member

(Honorable mention:
FP6: Spring Man ( w/ Ribbon Girl as an alt )
New AT: Dr. Coyle

FP7: Bomberman ( w/ his Super Bomberman R siblings as alts )
New AT: Emperor Buggler

FP8: Waluigi
New AT: King Boo

FP9: Starfy ( w/ Starly as an alt )
New AT: Mashtooth

FP10: Phosphora
New Returning AT: Magnus

FP11: Nintendog ( w/ various breeds of dogs as alts )
New AT: a Kitten from Nintendogs + Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom