• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I feel bad for the Xenoblade fans who wanted Rex in Smash and bam, 8th anime sword user with cardboard personality gets in over him.
>Complaining about Byleth about two months after his appearance.
How about we just accept he's in the game now please.

And let's not do the Xenoblade 2 bad circlejerk again, because it just turns into this.

And images are broken on this site again, because of course they are.

Last edited:

Smudgy

Smash Rookie
My cousin keeps sending me Fnaf smash memes and now the only thing I can think of that everyone’s reaction to that happening also I want to see a character from Valve

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
My cousin keeps sending me Fnaf smash memes and now the only thing I can think of that everyone’s reaction to that happening also I want to see a character from Valve
I got a feeling a FNAF reaction would cause a reaction almost as crazy/confused as Sans.

As for Valve, neat choice! Who would you want to see from them?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
My cousin keeps sending me Fnaf smash memes and now the only thing I can think of that everyone’s reaction to that happening
I and 10 other people would be ecstatic. Everyone else in this community would flip a desk.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the general populous would be more receptive to a Mii Costume. It's probably the best way to represent such a polarizing character.

also I want to see a character from Valve
I also like this idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A Freddy Fazbear mii costume would get a chuckle out of me. An actual fighter would deflate me.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Speaking of decently niche, but still quite successful characters, I'd love to see a Rivals of Aether character show up in some capacity. I don't think I'd really be into a Zetterburn Mii Costume, but I the roster would make for a fun Spirit event.

EDIT: If they do make a Mii Costume though I'd love it if they replaced the normal sound effects with Rivals of Aether sound effects.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I feel bad for the Xenoblade fans who wanted Rex in Smash and bam, 8th anime sword user with cardboard personality gets in over him.
I thought Fire Emblem fans hated Fire Emblem more than anyone else, but the Smash fanbase continues to prove that wrong. For a franchise they supposedly hate, they sure love talking about it nonstop.
And I'm getting pretty tired of people still ******** that Rex didn't get in, and I want Rex in Smash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I thought Fire Emblem fans hated Fire Emblem more than anyone else, but the Smash fanbase continues to prove that wrong. For a franchise they supposedly hate, they sure love talking about it nonstop.
And I'm getting pretty tired of people still ******** that Rex didn't get in, and I want Rex in Smash.
Oh no, it's that Fire Emblem fans absolutely loathe Fire Emblem and Smash fans have no clue why it should get hated. Essentially this

Broke: "Waaah blue haired anime sword bad"
Woke: "**** THESE MAPS **** THOSE REINFORCEMENTS **** GROWTHS **** THIS INCEST PANDERING BULL**** **** THESE SUPPORTS **** THESE CHARACTERS AND **** INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Considering it's the same person's twentieth "Fire Emblem stole X franchise's slot!" post, I'm sure they are just trolling at this point.

If they really had any genuine compassion for Rex fans, they wouldn't use "anime sword user" to bash another character.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I know how you feel.
Same as me being the only one who wants the Shake King from Wario Land as a fighter.

D

Deleted member

After Three Houses, fans went back to loving the series. Fates was really bad after people had concerns with Awakening. Mainly story and gameplay. Three Houses fixes these issues by telling an actually fleshed out story and being a fun game with waifus taking a backseat. It's not perfect, but it's a great step in the right direction.

Like compare all of the controversy with Fates (face petting, body swaps, straight syrums, barbarian asses, literally Tharja 2) and then compare it to Three Houses (nothing).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
After Three Houses, fans went back to loving the series. Fates was really bad after people had concerns with Awakening. Mainly story and gameplay. Three Houses fixes these issues by telling an actually fleshed out story and being a fun game with waifus taking a backseat. It's not perfect, but it's a great step in the right direction.

Like compare all of the controversy with Fates (face petting, body swaps, straight syrums, barbarian asses, literally Tharja 2) and then compare it to Three Houses (nothing).
Does Shadows of Valentia just not exist?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
...face petting...
How did this even become a thing?

"You know Pokémon Amie?"
"Yeah."
"Why don't we put that in our game?"
"But we have people instead of animals."
"Exactly."
"...I love it!"
"We can even have people blow on the microphone!"
"That totally won't look creepy in and out of context!"
*the executives high five each other*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of decently niche, but still quite successful characters, I'd love to see a Rivals of Aether character show up in some capacity. I don't think I'd really be into a Zetterburn Mii Costume, but I the roster would make for a fun Spirit event.

EDIT: If they do make a Mii Costume though I'd love it if they replaced the normal sound effects with Rivals of Aether sound effects.
Finally. We're getting Ronald McDonald in Smash.

Does Shadows of Valentia just not exist?
I really wanted to enjoy Shadows of Valentia. Like, really. It is a full blown remake and it looks and sounds amazing. Fully voiced dialogue, amazing artwork, etc.

But let's be real It didn't solve issues FE Gaiden had, which hurt gameplay. Opo will debate me on this, but it's story was not amazing. By the time Three Houses was marketed, the first console Fire Emblem in almost a decade, everybody memed the game for being Harry Potter and you get to **** your students. Valid concerns after Fates, and Three Houses only looked good if you spoiled yourself with leaks before Nintendo actually marketed it a month before release.

Echoes was cool and I don't want to downplay the effort that went into it, but Three Houses is what unified the fandom. Fates was more catered to the waifu market while Shadows was for classic fans. Three Houses appealed to both in a way that was fun, heart-wrenching, and not an embarassment to the series.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, they deconfirmed him :(
I mean they're obviously hiding it under contract. Remember Grant Kirkhope lying? It's the same thing.

D

Deleted member

Also I might be jumping the gun, but does this ARMS debacle mean indies like Shovel Knight and Shantae have a chance again?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So we should reduce LoZ to Link then?
No because Zelda has reoccuring main characters in the form of Link, Zelda, and Ganon.

It's basically the middle man between series with a consistent cast like Mario and series with constantly changing casts like Mother, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, etc

Last edited:

DetectiveSS

Smash Cadet

Fates was my first Fire Emblem game, and it was probably the worst introduction I could have ever gotten.

I was really hesitant to buy Three Houses after that, but I decided to give it a shot. Boy, am I glad I did. It’s seriously like night and day, almost like I’m playing something from an entirely different series. Also, the fact you can access all the different routes with just one game is much better bang for your buck. The replayability is insane. Still enjoying it. Truth be told, that’s why I wasn’t that upset with Byleth’s reveal. Unlike Corrin, at the very least it’s representing a game that’s actually good and not...Fates.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
No because Zelda has reoccuring main characters in the form of Link, Zelda, and Ganon.

It's basically the middle man between series with a consistent cast like Mario and series with constantly changing casts like Mother, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, etc
Fire Emblem doesn't have this though, so I'd argue it needs more characters to be properly represented (though maybe not 8 of them). However, you have to make sure you pick the most important characters/games in the series, which isn't quite what happened.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Considering it's the same person's twentieth "Fire Emblem stole X franchise's slot!" post, I'm sure they are just trolling at this point.

If they really had any genuine compassion for Rex fans, they wouldn't use "anime sword user" to bash another character.
It's also funny because the guy has told me on multiple occasions that Rex is one of his least wanted characters.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
For someone who says they don't like starting ****, you really do love trying to start **** at every opportunity you get.
It makes me almost miss you constantly posting fetish art.
Almost.

D

Deleted member

Do not mess with us fire emblem haters, we have nothing to do besides whine about the animay boogeyman

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Even if this silly "they switched the character order" theory is true, there’s currently no real evidence to suggest that the character that switched places with the ARMS rep is a "SUPER HYPE THIRD PARTY." The company that Sakurai failed to meet up with could easily be that of a first party developer just as much as it could be a third party one.
This whole "Coronavirus caused the order of the fighters to change" feels very "It would have been insensitive to reveal Isaac after the earthquake happened so they pushed him back" to me.

Besides the Arms character is supposed to be playable in June right? There's no way this Arms fighter wasn't already well into development even before the Coronavirus crisis came along.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do not mess with us fire emblem haters, we have nothing to do besides whine about the animay boogeyman
I can't believe you guys are still going this strong after Sakurai went and said "I'll keep adding more Fire Emblem, die mad about it" at Byleth's reveal.

Mad respect.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Forum game:

People whine there are too many “anime sword users” in smash.

But people love games with anime sword users.

So what I’m going to ask you all you to do is double the amount of characters in season 2’s fighter pass and give me for each slot except the first one: An anime swordsman you want, and then a non-“anime swordsman” character you want. Except for the first slot, where your wanted slot will go to an ARMs character(s). The (s) because you can make alts if you want.

FP6 Arms: Lola Pop (Lanky Kong alt)
FP6 anime sword: Crono

FP7 want: Bonk
FP7 anime sword: Lloyd/Cless “Tales” rep

FP8 want: Ring Fit Adventurer
FP8 anime sword: Goemon (Konami)

FP9 want: Mike Jones
FP9 anime sword: Takamaru

FP10 want: Captain Syrup
FP10 anime sword: Sora

FP11 want: Bandana Dee
FP11 anime sword: Yoshimitsu (Soul Calibur)

SKX31

Smash Master
Proving Oscar Wilde's adage after all: "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

Even then I'd say it's a long shot.
Eeeh? I don't intend to be mean here - that said, we don't have much of a clue about where Nintendo wants to take ARMS to begin with. Outside of the free play period.

Sure, there's a really good chance that an upgrade is in the cards. But there's also a decent chance that an ARMS DLC update or even ARMS 2 focuses on a character not already present like Coyle. Also I'm not completely sure if characters like Spring Man / Ribbon Girl will get transformations new forms (which would mean those forms would get at least a DLC Spirit on the Board).

I'd honestly be more sure of an upgrade if Nintendo focused on some new clothes for Spring Man / Ribbon Girl or whatever during the direct - but as it stands it's a total guessing game until June.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Forum game:

So what I’m going to ask you all you to do is double the amount of characters in season 2’s fighter pass and give me for each slot except the first one: An anime swordsman you want, and then a non-“anime swordsman” character you want. Except for the first slot, where your wanted slot will go to an ARMs character(s). The (s) because you can make alts if you want.

FP6 ARMS: Composite Rep (Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Min-Min)
FP6 anime sword want: Rex & Pyra/Mythra

FP7 want: Phoenix Wright
FP7 anime sword want: Sora

FP8 want: Dixie Kong
FP8 anime sword want: Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell

FP9 want: Chun-Li
FP9 anime sword want: Isaac

FP10 want: Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine
FP10 anime sword want: Terra Branford

FP11 want: Impa
FP11 anime sword want: Lyn

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Forum game:

I chuckled. Let's dig in.

FP 6 Want ARMS: Kid Cobra
FP 6 Sword Want: 2B

FP 7 Want: Bomberman
FP 7 Sword Want: Dante

FP 8 Want: Geno
FP 8 Sword Want: Nightmare (Soul Calibur)

FP 9 Want: Jill Valentine
FP 9 Sword Want: Rex & Pyra

FP 10 Want: Hat Kid
FP 10 Sword Want: Omnimon

FP 11 Want: Street Fighter character
FP 11 Sword Want: Vergil

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Forum game:

FP6: Min-Min
FP6 Sword: Dante

FP7: Fulgore
FP7 Sword: Sol Badguy

FP8: Waluigi
FP8 Sword: Zacian

FP9: Grovyle
FP9 Sword: Nightmare

FP10: Akuma
FP10 Sword: Black Knight or Death Knight (from FE)

FP11: Mastah Chief
FP11 Sword: Mutha****in Doomguy (he's a swordfighter shut up)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Forum game:

FP6 Arms: Anyone
FP6 anime sword: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

FP7 want: Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
FP7 anime sword: Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)

FP8 want: Ark (Terranigma)
FP8 anime sword: Crono (Chrono Trigger)

FP9 want: Doom Guy (Doom)
FP9 anime sword: Nightmare (Soul Calibur)

FP10 want: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
FP10 anime sword: Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

FP11 want: Sgt. Cortez (TimeSplitters)
FP11 anime sword: Dante (Devil May Cry)

It's time to- never mind... images are broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom