• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I on the other hand would much prefer Nightmare over any other Namco rep.

Like come on how can you argue with such an sick and badass design like this? I really hope YsDisciple is right about his theory because Nightmare and Crash would IMO make the Season Pass perfect.

It'd also return the favor of Link guest starring in the GameCube version of SCII.
Nightmare is the character I think would be the best Fighter to end the Fighter Pass. Sick design, potential super-heavyweight, villainous main antagonist, Soucalibur music, and a great amount of spirits are many reasons why I'd love to see Nightmare in Smash.

It's also worth mentioning that Soulcalibur 2 was the first game to have a crossover with 1 of Nintendo's IPs (of course being LoZ). this wasn't a studio making a Nintendo game like Super Mario RPG or Hyrule Warriors; this was a big crossover. With the theme of Smash being this 1 giant crossover, what better way to end the Fighter Pass than by adding the very game/franchise that started it all?

Last edited by a moderator:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The fanbases of Persona, DQ and Tales can be quite different, as while the three are JRPG, the games are quite different in focus and several things.

-Tales is more action-oriented and combat incorporates elements like combos. Aestheticwise it mixes fantasy with scifi, with more focus on fantasy
-Persona has dungeon crawler and VN elements. Aestheticwise I would describe it as urban fantasy
-DQ is pretty much the by the book JRPG, turn based. Aestheticwise is pretty much fantasy with some random mechas here and there.

Honestly I don't really know how much likely a Tales rep is, and honestly I don't mind one as they can have pretty fun movesets.
I guess I wasn't taking the quote as playstyles and more just groups of games. So they got the JRPG crowd (twice). They got the platformer crowd. So it would make sense to get stuff like the FPS crowd or Virtual Novel Adventure crowd. Some group they haven't appealed to yet. At least that's how I was looking at it.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Nightmare is the character I think would be the best Fighter to end the Fighter Pass. Sick design, potential super-heavyweight, villainous main antagonist, Soucalibur music, and a great amount of spirits are many reasons why I'd love to see Nightmare in Smash.

It's also worth mentioning that Soulcalibur 2 was the first game have a crossover with 1 of Nintendo's IPs (of course being LoZ). this wasn't a studio making a Nintendo game like Super Mario RPG or Hyrule Warriors; this was a big crossover. With the theme of Smash being this 1 giant crossover, what better way to end the Fighter Pass than by adding the very game/franchise that started it all?
If the final two DLC for the Fighters Pass are Ryu Hayabusa and Nightmare with Siegfried costume I would be pretty happy.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

It's also worth mentioning that Soulcalibur 2 was the first game to have a crossover with 1 of Nintendo's IPs (of course being LoZ). this wasn't a studio making a Nintendo game like Super Mario RPG or Hyrule Warriors; this was a big crossover. With the theme of Smash being this 1 giant crossover, what better way to end the Fighter Pass than by adding the very game/franchise that started it all?
Seeing Link’s face on the boxart of Soul Caliber 2 is what got me into the series as a kid. Having Nightmare come back as a guest to smash bros. would feel like a cycle being complete for me.

I’m doubtful of Heihachi’s chances despite Tekken’s popularity, and I’m unsure of Lloyd’s chances but would be a bit annoyed that they decided to focus on JRPG’s so much, Nightmare would be the way to go for a Namco character. Plus I’d love another heavyweight character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

One of the reasons as I said I hope Ys' theory is true. Him and Crash would be icing on cake for me but even if not I'm still satisfied due to having K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo.

Also I'd imagine Nightmare being fighter 74 and Crash being fighter 75 because given Crash's legacy he'd make much more sense as the final reveal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess I wasn't taking the quote as playstyles and more just groups of games. So they got the JRPG crowd (twice). They got the platformer crowd. So it would make sense to get stuff like the FPS crowd or Virtual Novel Adventure crowd. Some group they haven't appealed to yet. At least that's how I was looking at it.
Thats true to an extent, but at the same time there's also the fighting game crowd, the survival horror crowd, the puzzle crowd...

I don't think Nintendo will care much about the groups of games but rather than the IPs are strong enough to attract people to them. If the IPs are VN, FPS, JRPGs, Fighting games or whatever is something that I can see Nintendo not caring too much about.

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it's that important for the characters to come from different genres. DLC characters have to be bought by people who already own the game. That means they have to be:

1. From a currently popular video game series (Joker, Hero)
2. Representative of an iconic franchise (Hero)
3. Advertising a high-profile Switch release (Joker, Hero)
4. A heavily-requested legacy character (Banjo)

It's also why Piranha Plant was released as a freebie; not everyone would've been willing to pay for it.

I think the likeliest picks are Leon / Jill from Resident Evil, a Monster Hunter, Heihachi / Jin from Tekken, Lloyd / Yuri from Tales, the protagonist of Astral Chain, or Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, since his name keeps coming up. Less likely but still possible choices would be Arle from Puyo Puyo, Sophitia / Nightmare from SoulCalibur, Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney, or the Chosen Undead / Solaire from Dark Souls. Real dark horse but still possible picks would be someone from The King of Fighters, Amaterasu from Okami, the Prince from Katamari, Kiryu from Yakuza, or Kasumi / Akane from Dead or Alive. And then there's the final "never-ever", Geno.

I don't think we'll be getting any more Western characters, or indie characters for that matter. I think Banjo was an extraordinary effort from Sakurai to appease long-demanding fans, taking into account that Banjo is also loved in Japan. The same cannot be said for Doomguy, Scorpio/Sub-Zero, etc. There's Crash, who probably does have a chance, but it comes down to negotiations and pricing.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Thats true to an extent, but at the same time there's also the fighting game crowd, the survival horror crowd, the puzzle crowd...

I don't think Nintendo will care much about the groups of games but rather than the IPs are strong enough to attract people to them. If the IPs are VN, FPS, JRPGs, Fighting games or whatever is something that I can see Nintendo not caring too much about.
It would just seem kinda short sighted to make the fighter pass 60%+ JRPGs. Especially when there are so many types of games they can pull from. But I guess if their market loves playing JRPGs they are going to add a bunch of JRPGs.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Seeing how "Hero" is a bunch of different skins from the DQ games, what if we had a "Assassin" who was a bunch of skins from the Assassins Creed games?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Seeing how "Hero" is a bunch of different skins from the DQ games, what if we had a "Assassin" who was a bunch of skins from the Assassins Creed games?
I'd rather just get Ezio tbh. Many of the assassins' designs have similar color schemes so they'd blur together.

Plus Ezio's the coolest and I want him quipping up a storm.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather just get Ezio tbh. Many of the assassins' designs have similar color schemes so they'd blur together.

Plus Ezio's the coolest and I want him quipping up a storm.
But there are so many great Iconic outfits that the others have.

Edward, Connor, ETC.

I feel their outfits would be different enough.

Ubisoft calls them "Legacy Outfits" for DLC. It would be cool to see 4-8 of the Legacy Outfits represented.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It would just seem kinda short sighted to make the fighter pass 60%+ JRPGs. Especially when there are so many types of games they can pull from. But I guess if their market loves playing JRPGs they are going to add a bunch of JRPGs.
Last time we also got 5 JRPG characters for DLC (granted 3 of them where veterans but still)
Guess Sakurai/Nintendo likes their JRPG's.....

Wish they'd explore some more new genre's though, especially ones that haven't really been tapped into yet like Visual Novels, Puzzles and Rythm games etc.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Last time we also got 5 JRPG characters for DLC (granted 3 of them where veterans but still)
Guess Sakurai/Nintendo likes their JRPG's.....

Wish they'd explore some more new genre's though, especially ones that haven't really been tapped into yet like Visual Novels, Puzzles and Rythm games etc.
I really do feel one of the final two will be from one of those genres. It just makes sense and falls in line with the demographic split. Now that character could be anyone from Layton to Phoenix to a Style Savvy Stylist to Captain Toad to, I don't know, a Tetris block, but I feel like our next character will be someone who appeals to the masses. Hell, maybe it'll be a farmer from Stardew Valley or Harvest Moon, or indeed the Minecraft avatar leak was right all along. We don't know. But it just makes sense to me given we've had a firework announcement in Joker, a longtime-coming announcement in DQ, and a hardcore fan announcement in Banjo. The final fighters to me make sense to appeal to a wider "casual" audience, a mature audience, or kids.

Or, y'know, one of them could just be Lloyd or Velvet and we get four of the biggest JRPG series' represented in one game and I can't say that the idea of Final Fantasy vs. Dragon Quest vs. Tales Of vs. Persona isn't cool as ****.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not overly familiar with Assassin's Creed, but don't they usually have very similar outfits? It seems like it would be tough to tell who was who in an eight player match between Altair, Ezio, Connor, etc.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I do think Namco is guaranteed a DLC slot. They are helping make the game after all. And so far all they got is Pac-Man. That is of course that is all they wanted and they didn't want to add anyone else to not appear bias.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I'm not overly familiar with Assassin's Creed, but don't they usually have very similar outfits? It seems like it would be tough to tell who was who in an eight player match between Altair, Ezio, Connor, etc.

Yes and no. I guess it is all subjective. I can see how one might get confused however as they mostly wear white. Though every game has "Legacy Outfits" so ubisoft might want to bring attention to all their past Assassins.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Not surprising given how he's one of the top two contenders for the 2nd Bandai Namco rep, spot. The real question is if we get a Tales rep will it be Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell? From what I understand Yuri is more popular in Japan, but Lloyd is globally popular. I think both will be great choices, though I prefer a Tekken rep. Hopefully if Yuri Lowell is chosen they can get Troy Baker to voice him again.
It's more that Yuri is more popular within the Tales of Fandom (West included) while Lloyd is more popular within the Nintendo/Smash fandom (at least in the west). To me, the selection between the two is this, does Nintendo want to appeal to the Tales of Fanbase or would they want to appeal to the typical Smash fan? With Banjo in the pass already I lean further on the former. Yuri means more to the Tales of Fanbase more than Lloyd does.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I do think Namco is guaranteed a DLC slot. They are helping make the game after all. And so far all they got is Pac-Man. That is, of course, that is all they wanted and they didn't want to add anyone else to not appear bias.
I don't think anything is guaranteed. Just because they help make the game, doesn't automatically give them a rep.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's more that Yuri is more popular within the Tales of Fandom (West included) while Lloyd is more popular within the Nintendo/Smash fandom (at least in the west). To me, the selection between the two is this, does Nintendo want to appeal to the Tales of Fanbase or would they want to appeal to the typical Smash fan? With Banjo in the pass already I lean further on the former. Yuri means more to the Tales of Fanbase more than Lloyd does.
Sakurai said that when it came to Mii costumes, it couldn't be anyone else but Lloyd from Tales. Now that Vesperia is on Switch though, that might change.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I just hope Namco gets a rep, because the representation of it, is just abysmal. Especially if Dragon Quest ends up getting more content than Final Fantasy.

I mean all you have is Pac-Man, Pac-Man's taunts, 8 spirits, 6-7 songs, and the only Namco stage being that horrible Pac-Land stage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When you take into consideration that Persona and Dragon Quest's Fighters are based from their latest installments (Joker and Luminary as the main Hero), Velvet Crowe seems to be the most plausible Tales character to add to Smash even if she could potentially raise the age rating because of her design. While I don't know anything about the Tales franchise, the debate between Lloyd and Yuri on who'd rep the Tales franchise leads me to believe that neither of them are on the same sort of status Cloud is for Final Fantasy to possibly make the cut for Smash. I could be completely wrong about that since 1 of them are probably way more popular than the other, but with how the Fighter Pass looks to favor the characters that have been on the latest installment of their respective franchise, Velvet would probably be Smash's Tales rep.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
When you take into consideration that Persona and Dragon Quest's Fighters are based from their latest installments (Joker and Luminary as the main Hero), Velvet Crowe seems to be the most plausible Tales character to add to Smash even if she could potentially raise the age rating because of her design. While I don't know anything about the Tales franchise, the debate between Lloyd and Yuri on who'd rep the Tales franchise leads me to believe that neither of them is on the same sort of status Cloud is for Final Fantasy to possibly make the cut for Smash. I could be completely wrong about that since 1 of them are probably way more popular than the other, but with how the Fighter Pass looks to favor the characters that have been on the latest installment of their respective franchise, Velvet would probably be Smash's Tales rep.
Velvet over Lloyd or Yuri would be pretty bad tbh.

However, I just don't think we're going to get a Tales rep. We already have Persona and Dragon Quest as DLC. It's hard to imagine getting a third JRPG series in the same Fighter Pass.

StormC

Smash Hero
Velvet over Lloyd or Yuri would be pretty bad tbh.
Speak for yourself!

When you take into consideration that Persona and Dragon Quest's Fighters are based from their latest installments (Joker and Luminary as the main Hero), Velvet Crowe seems to be the most plausible Tales character to add to Smash even if she could potentially raise the age rating because of her design. While I don't know anything about the Tales franchise, the debate between Lloyd and Yuri on who'd rep the Tales franchise leads me to believe that neither of them are on the same sort of status Cloud is for Final Fantasy to possibly make the cut for Smash. I could be completely wrong about that since 1 of them are probably way more popular than the other, but with how the Fighter Pass looks to favor the characters that have been on the latest installment of their respective franchise, Velvet would probably be Smash's Tales rep.
The "Cloud" of Tales is definitely Yuri. He's so popular that official character polls of the Tales series have banned him because he wins in a landslide every time. In a way it's sort of similar to how a lot of Smash fans were pushing for Black Mage or something similar for the Final Fantasy rep in Smash because it's "more Nintendo" but Sakurai went with Cloud.

The only reasons I could see Velvet being picked is if they wanted to represent the most recent Tales game and/or wanted a female character on the Pass, and maybe for more moveset diversity. Otherwise I think it would be pretty controversial that she would get picked over Lloyd or Yuri... even if she's the one I'd actually like to see.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
My spiciest Tales take is that I thoroughly do not enjoy Yuri at all so him being in over Velvet or Lloyd would be lame. Also, he would have the least interesting moveset out of the three.

Velvet would be dope as ****. She's so cool with her demon hand.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To my knowledge, Lloyd is the most well-known Tales character to gamers in general.

As stated previously, Sakurai did mention that the Tales character at the time was, “Who else but Lloyd?”

Granted, I own Vesperia and have never played it, but also own Symphonia and loved it to bits. On a gameplay side of things, while both picks have swords, Lloyd is , to me, the more attractive option simply based on the fact that he has two swords, a first for Smash. Plus the unique gameplay of the Tales series, and you have a pretty great pick imo.

I wouldn’t necessarily compare Yuri to Cloud. Cloud is a gaming icon, where gamers who haven’t even played Final Fantasy know who he is. It’s not just because he’s popular.

I personally had no idea who Yuri was until somebody said they were excited for the Vesperia remaster.

If you’re looking for that? It’s Lloyd Irving. It’s anecdotal evidence yes, but even a close friend of mine irl, also a big Smash fan, said he could recognize Lloyd easily without playing his game and knows nothing else about the Tales series. Yuri...not so much.

Symphonia was effectively the breakthrough title for the west, after all.

But who knows? They could go for Yuri, though I don’t think it’s a pattern of picking the “most recent protagonist” or “the most popular” in that case. Joker was chosen because it was the breakthrough Persona title that allowed the series to go mainstream. This is similar to what Tales of Symphonia did for the Tales series.

Cloud is...Cloud. Final Fantasy VII is also a legacy title anyway, setting the bar for all turn based RPGs to come after it.

The Hero, while having the Luminary as the default, feels like very specifically targeted to get people interested in Echoes of an Elusive Age S, while including the classic Heroes as skins. This isn’t entirely the same as either Yuri.

Again, I haven’t played ToV though I plan on it over the Summer. But i’m not so sure Yuri would get picked over Lloyd. Not yet, anyway.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Edward, Connor, ETC.

Ubisoft calls them "Legacy Outfits" for DLC. It would be cool to see 4-8 of the Legacy Outfits represented.
Altair, Ezio, Connor and Edward all have white outfits. The Fryes and Arno all wear blue. At a distance, it would be really hard to distinguish them. This is why Snake has several camos from Snake Eater instead of the various sneaking suits from the series' history; you can't have so many grey and black suits and have them stand out from each other.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Especially considering that NB didn't even get a DLC character in Smash 4.
That doesn’t really say anything, just because they didn’t get a rep in the Wii U DLC doesn’t mean they won’t this time. Keep in mind more parties this time around have two to three reps and Bandai Namco still only has one.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That doesn’t really say anything, just because they didn’t get a rep in the Wii U DLC doesn’t mean they won’t this time. Keep in mind more parties this time around have two to three reps and Bandai Namco still only has one.
That doesn't mean that NB needs another character. Sakurai might not want another NB character on the roster and that is okay.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
That doesn't mean that NB needs another character. Sakurai might not want another NB character on the roster and that is okay.
Sakurai originally wanted Heihachi over Pac-Man, but they couldn’t get him to work. So we already know that he wouldn’t mind another Bandai Namco rep.

If Bandai Namco doesn’t get a second rep it would more likely be due to they are ok with not getting a second rep or something to do with Nintendo.

No company “needs” another character, we can say the same for Sega with Joker. Or say the same with Capcom and all the characters people want for the 4th rep. They don’t need another character either.

The fact remains Bandai Namco helped make Smash Bros Ultimate, it would be unfair to them to be making all of their rivals 2nd or 3rd characters. And yet they don’t get a second of their own. I’m sure Sakurai and Nintendo realize this. The only way I see Bandai Namco not getting a second character is if they are ok with not getting a second character. Keep in mind Bandai Namco themselves love DLC. And they themselves have worked with other companies to get characters in their games. Not to mention they were one of the first companies to cross characters like Heihachi, Spawn and Link in Soul Calibur.

I would be shocked if this pass comes and goes without a second Bandai Namco rep.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Be careful with the “rep” talk.

It’s doubtful that these characters are merely picked to represent a company. Certainly, they do that on their own. But really, they get picked because they bring something different.

For example, Heihachi or Lloyd, or whoever would get picked from the variety of Namco series would get picked for what they bring to Smash, not just because Sakurai looks at the roster and says, “Oh oops, looks like I can’t pick that character, I need to balance the other companies first!”

It’s more likely that he considers the spectrum of excellent series that aren’t yet in Smash, then selects them based on what Smash doesn’t have yet, and the potential for what can be brought in by specific series.

If it were really about “being fair” or balancing things, they’d already be balanced. But clearly, they aren’t. Unless, of course, we’re getting 2 Namco characters, another Square Enix character, and 2 more Microsoft characters.

I humbly believe the company of origin stuff is blown out of proportion. If the characters come from good series, it shouldn’t necessarily matter which company they come from for this pass. A pass with 5 Capcom characters doesn’t appeal to everyone, but having one from them makes sense. Same with Namco.

I firmly believe Namco will get somebody, but not because they feel the need to equal them out. It’s more because they have a few remaining quality series to pull from.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Be careful with the “rep” talk.

It’s doubtful that these characters are merely picked to represent a company. Certainly, they do that on their own. But really, they get picked because they bring something different.

For example, Heihachi or Lloyd, or whoever would get picked from the variety of Namco stores would get picked for what they bring to Smash, not just because Sakurai looks at the roster and says, “Oh oops, looks like I can’t pick that character, I need to balance the other companies first!”

It’s more likely that he considers the spectrum of excellent series that aren’t yet in Smash, then selects then based on what Smash doesn’t have yet, and the potential for what can be brought in by specific series.
I agree, but I think many people keep forgetting that Bandai Namco has so many characters to choose from. They are not some obscure company with no characters that people would love to see in Smash. Also it baffles me that Bandai Namco would work on so many of their rivals 2nd or 3rd character. And yet be fine with not a second of their own. They have so many characters to choose from. That I’m sure they would be willing to negotiate with Sakurai and Nintendo to get them in. And with them already working on Ultimate I’m sure they wouldn’t need to negotiate that much.

Like I said before the only way I see Bandai Namco not getting a second rep is because they themselves don’t want one. Given their love for DLC and willingness for cross promotion in their own games, I just don’t see it.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I agree, but I think many people keep forgetting that Bandai Namco has so many characters to choose from. They are not some obscure company with no characters that people would love to see in Smash. Also it baffles me that Bandai Namco would work on so many of their rivals 2nd or 3rd character. And yet be fine with not a second of their own. They have so many characters to choose from. That I’m sure they would be willing to negotiate with Sakurai and Nintendo to get them in. And with them already working on Ultimate I’m sure they wouldn’t need to negotiate that much.

Like I said before the only way I see Bandai Namco not getting a second rep is because they themselves don’t want one. Given their love for DLC and willingness for cross promotion in their own games, I just don’t see it.
Except Sakurai and Nintendo might have other ideas for what to put in the game.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
As people have mentioned, when comparing Yuri and Lloyd, they offer two completely different things to smash. With Yuri, he is undoubtedly the favorite of the fandom in the East, while the fandom in the west has never really had any sort of official poll, so we can't really make any conclusions. If Yuri were to picked now, it wouldn't be because he had a newer game (as they would have used him as an advertisement character for the definitive edition by now) or because Lloyd is from an older game then him (guys, we literally just got Banjo. If Simon Belmont, King K. Rool or Cloud didn't convince you, the relevancy argument is very much dead). If he gets added, its because they want to appeal to the Tales fans. Lloyd has completely different things going for him. Tales of Symphonia is, to my knowledge, still the best selling Tales game from the entire series, and is definitely still the best selling Tales game in the West by a land slide. In that respect, Lloyd has the most world wide appeal and non-fandom people are much more likely to recognize him over Yuri. To top this, he also is very much the "Nintendo" Tales character, as both Symphonia and Symphonia 2 were both Nintendo console exclusives in the West (Japan did get Symphonia 1 on I think the PS2?). In contrast, the definitive edition of Vesperia was a game released on every main console. And as people pointed out, he also has been the Smash communities choice of Tales characters since forever. If he gets picked, it is very much for his legacy on the entire Tales series and on the Nintendo console(as small as it may be). Which one does Sakurai care about? Who knows, we can only really speculate. However, I will point out this fact. Joker is not the most popular protagonist from Persona within the fandom (that would be P4) and Luminary isn't the most popular protagonist within the fandom (that would be Erdrick).
edit: Link to persona popularity poll. seems I was wrong, P3 won that poll: https://personacentral.com/persona-...favorite-characters-background-music-samples/

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Edward, Connor, ETC.

If Ezio were ever a DLC character, I'd think Sakurai would pick three (ala The Hero) and roll with Altair, Connor and Edward's outfits.

I do think Namco is guaranteed a DLC slot. They are helping make the game after all. And so far all they got is Pac-Man. That is of course that is all they wanted and they didn't want to add anyone else to not appear bias.
I can SEE Namco getting in, but I really think that saying they're a guarantee is a bit much; after all, that's what many assumed when DLC started for Smash 4, but look how that panned out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For some reason everybody seems to be convinced there's another Capcom character coming. The suggestions i have seen are..........boring to me.

Phoenix Wright? Meh, not a fan of lawyers and Visual Novels. Monster Hunter? Already has a Boss and not a fan of avatar characters. Resident Evil Character? I care about Resident Evil as much as Wario cares about hygiene. Dante? No we already have a Kamiya Character, i don't want another one after what happened in 4. Amareatsu? Sounds cool, but i have no experience on the series. Viewtiful Joe? I only know him because of that Anime that aired on Cartoon Network ages ago. Strider? I prefer Ryu Hayabusa for a Ninja character. Morrigan? No thanks.

Now myself beign a contrarian to all of theses choices and a former Simon supporter, i therefore choose the most controversial choice out of all! An NES era Hard as Balls character from a dark fantasy platforming series!

SIR ARTHUR
IS ARMED FOR BATTLE!

Well the only other ones i would love are Firebrand and Rad Spencer (THE REAL RAD SPENCER, not that Reboot wannabe, eugh) but there's no way Firebrand would get over Arthur and im the only guy on planet earth that likes Bionic Commando.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Would any of you say that Heihachi appearing in Pac-Man's taunt means he's not DLC? The reason I'm asking this is because we know DLC was decided during the development of the game last year. If Heihachi got picked as DLC then they wouldn't leave him as part of Pac-Man's taunt would they?

StormC

Smash Hero
Would any of you say that Heihachi appearing in Pac-Man's taunt means he's not DLC? The reason I'm asking this is because we know DLC was decided during the development of the game last year. If Heihachi got picked as DLC then they wouldn't leave him as part of Pac-Man's taunt would they?
Sort of a gray area since it's a cute little cameo. I don't think it's any more egregious than Mario randomly appearing in a Piranha Plant victory screen.

It's not like say, a Spirit, which has an actual gameplay function and has a problem of doubling up.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Its hard to say given that Chrom is still part of Robin's Final Smash, despite being his own character. So that might mean that being a part of Pacman's taunt doesn't hurt his chances.

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
Its hard to say given that Chrom is still part of Robin's Final Smash, despite being his own character. So that might mean that being a part of Pacman's taunt doesn't hurt his chances.
It is arguably different. Robin's Final Smash was carried over from Smash 4, where Chrom was considered but ultimately didn't make the cut. If Sakurai knew Heihachi was coming as DLC for Smash Ultimate, it would be odd to have him make a little cameo in Pac-Man's moveset. But then again, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom