• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Wish that everyone who advocates for new Nintendo IPs in Smash would stop leaving out Rhythm Heaven...........
A Rhythm Heaven character would be incredible, and I wish they have made one happen for Smash 4. I also secretly want the Stylist from Style Savvy just because that game did pretty well for Nintendo and focused heavily on a female audience.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
A Rhythm Heaven character would be incredible, and I wish they have made one happen for Smash 4. I also secretly want the Stylist from Style Savvy just because that game did pretty well for Nintendo and focused heavily on a female audience.
II feel like the only reason people like the idea of a rythm heaven character is because of a leak that was proven false during smash 4 speculation that had chorus kids. I don't think they ever had a chance

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
II feel like the only reason people like the idea of a rythm heaven character is because of a leak that was proven false during smash 4 speculation that had chorus kids. I don't think they ever had a chance
Some of us just want a second 2D character so G&W isn't alone. I could not care less about that dumb leak. I don't even want the Kids, I want Matt.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The leak was proven correct, though?

Every single detail was found in some way. Literally all that was missing was two characters. Chrom was confirmed by Sakurai as on the project plan, and we found a Rhythm Heaven symbol among the playable franchises one in datamining Smash 4. Project plans changed often. Except in Ultimate, for the base roster, and it's kind of complicated on that. Hero was on the plan, but he couldn't get him for base(hence, DLC), which means the character wasn't "removed" from the project plan at all. Brawl had quite a bit more characters on the plan than what we got(the Forbidden 7), but many were cut/unfinished/had no work done. Sonic was always on the plan, same with Wolf, and only one almost didn't get in(being Sonic, not Wolf, in a twist). It makes sense things can change. CK or the RH rep could've had programming issues, balance issues, or any other possible reasons we wouldn't know of.

The leak definitely gave the franchise more exposure when it comes to wanting them in Smash, yeah. But they still were a popular idea regardless due to being one of Nintendo's many awesome franchises with awesome characters. Leaks almost never start support. They just tend to make support grow instead.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Or because some people enjoy Rhythm Heaven, know it did well enough for Nintendo, and think a character from the franchise would be interesting since it would most likely incorporate unique moveset involving keeping a beat to output maximum damage.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm starting to think about what Mii Costumes we're going to see.

Considering the last two times we got a Fighting game character in Smash, we're probably looking at a bunch of Fighting game Mii's. So like, my top 5 is safe, but a bunch of potentially cool characters could be put down. Then again, the previous DLC character had no Mii Costumes that had anything to do with the kind of game they're from, so this isn't airtight and we could have an unexpected casualty or more come June.
The Heihachi mii is probably coming back with Springman.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Imagine loving a game series and wanting it represented in Smash, couldn't be me!

I'm glad the leak came around and not only reinvigorated my love for the series but introduced tons of other people to Rhythm Heaven who, by proxy, realized how much of an amazing idea it is to have a music / rhythm based character in Smash from one of Nintendo's most charming series (and probably its biggest semi-active IP not yet represented by a playable character). Chorus Kids were a genius idea that represents the series fantastically through a troupe of musician characters, working as a perfect vessel for the many group-based minigames in the series and general music based attacks.

A Rhythm Heaven icon was found in the game's files and Sneaky Spirit marks the only enemy representing a series without any playable character (aside from the Ice Climber Polar Bear, which if anything helps this case). Gematsu leak was real. We unfortunately got robbed of an amazing character and series in Smash.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
After Spring Man gets promoted, the Fighter's Pass will be as follows:

- Dr. Kawashima
- Riki
- Nintendog
- Prince of Sable

and finally, one of the most popular fan-requested characters who didn't quite make the cut

- Leif
Ugh, what terrible choices. How could you be so out-of-touch with what fans want as to suggest these? Do you even know what fans want at all? Clearly not, so I'll have to do the rest of the pass for you:
- Flies & Hand
- Color TV-Game 15
- Sheriff
- Moon

And finally, Shigure, from the fan-favorite, Fire Emblem Fates

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
I get what y'all are saying but literally NO ONE was talking about a rythm heaven rep until after that leak. People saw it and actually liked the idea. It's evident because the only people that talk about a rythm heaven rep are people who frequent forums. Most people out of this circle to my knowledge haven't really even thought about it

Imagine loving a game series and wanting it represented in Smash, couldn't be me!

I'm glad the leak came around and not only reinvigorated my love for the series but introduced tons of other people to Rhythm Heaven who, by proxy, realized how much of an amazing idea it is to have a music / rhythm based character in Smash from one of Nintendo's most charming series (and probably its biggest semi-active IP not yet represented by a playable character). Chorus Kids were a genius idea that represents the series fantastically through a troupe of musician characters, working as a perfect vessel for the many group-based minigames in the series and general music based attacks.

A Rhythm Heaven icon was found in the game's files and Sneaky Spirit marks the only enemy representing a series without any playable character (aside from the Ice Climber Polar Bear, which if anything helps this case). Gematsu leak was real. We unfortunately got robbed of an amazing character and series in Smash.
You just admitted what I said. The leak put the idea in your mind

Last edited:

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
I get what y'all are saying but literally NO ONE was talking about a rythm heaven rep until after that leak. People saw it and actually liked the idea. It's evident because the only people that talk about a rythm heaven rep are people who frequent forums. Most people out of this circle to my knowledge haven't really even thought about it
Aight, circumstances gave them the idea, so they're not allowed to enjoy the idea?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Hey guys, instead of making fighter pass predictions why we don't talk about our "ideal" Fighters Pass? Our ultimate wishlist?
I mean, I guess it's still this:
1585550055534.png

But, like, Spring Man/Ribbon Girl is in Spencer's spot now. Since, ya know, the pass is already going to have someone with extending arms.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So? We're five games in, and even with a much larger casual audience to appeal to we're still getting characters like Ridley, Simon, King K. Rool, and freaking Banjo & Kazooie. Being niche isn't a bad thing, nor is discovering characters through leaks/speculation.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Pikachu actually could learn Skull Bash as a TM in gen 1, but hasn't been able to learn it in any game since.

What's interesting to me is that not only does Pikachu not use Thunderbolt (a move heavily associated with the rat thanks to the anime), but that Thunder Jolt is a move entirely made up by Smash.
Actually, it's move made up by the TCG. Base Set Pikachu's second attack is Thunder Jolt.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Actually, it's move made up by the TCG. Base Set Pikachu's second attack is Thunder Jolt.
Just did a quick fact check and you seem to be right. Apparently the moves also share names in the Japanese version, which confirms it.

I was trying to correct something and got corrected on something else.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You just admitted what I said. The leak put the idea in your mind
This isn’t a bad thing, sometimes people love a character and would love the same character in Smash, but sometimes the idea doesn’t cross their mind until something nudges it in, whether it be a leak, a theory someone thought of, or something else.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel like 90% confident that the ARMS character is Spring Man or some kind of combination of him.

I dunno, I feel like adding someone over Spring Man would be like adding someone over Ryu like Chun-Li or Guile, yeah they may be popular but they aren't the mascot of the game. That's Ryu. By far. That's Spring Man. I guess you could say that Ribbon Girl is kind of the secondary mascot of ARMS and that she could be the rep but even still I feel like it would just feel really odd to have the first ARMS character NOT be Spring Man. Maybe it's just me.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Another possibility is that a lot of people wanted a Rhythm Heaven rep, but may have perceived it as too unlikely, and so didn't speak up. And then the leak made a lot of people speak up

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, instead of making fighter pass predictions why we don't talk about our "ideal" Fighters Pass? Our ultimate wishlist? I'll begin:
FP1: Min Min (ARMS)
FP2: Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
FP3: Shantae
FP4: Geno (Super Mario RPG)
FP5: Reiji and Xiaomu (Namco X Capcom/Project X Zone)
FP6: *Insert requested character*
I mean, someone making an "ideal" fighters' pass is just going to put in all their most wanted-s.

With the ARMS thing going on and whatnot, the "ideal" fighters' pass, at the current moment, that would bring me the most hype is-

Character Pass 6 - Spring Man, probably
Character Pass 7 - Vaati (Legend of Zelda)
Character Pass 8 - Isaac (Golden Sun)
Character Pass 9 - Saki (Sin & Punishment)
Character Pass 10 - Scizor (Pokemon)
Character Pass 11 - Tatsuya (Persona) or Terra (Final Fantasy)

-but I totally understand the fact that this overall selection, if, for whatever reason it became a reality, wouldn't exactly hype up most of the community. A couple of the choices, like Isaac, are popular enough, sure, but ones like Scizor?

How many people, besides me, honestly want Scizor, of all pokemon, in the game?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I said this before, but I'm fairly confident that whoever they choose will have gloves as their default arms. Gloves are the most basic, straightforward arms available, and even though anyone can equip them, I feel like the default character will already have gloves as their signature arms.

If the character they choose is someone like Min Min, then they'll likely replace her signature arms (Dragon – fires a straight beam) with gloves.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ugh, what terrible choices. How could you be so out-of-touch with what fans want as to suggest these? Do you even know what fans want at all? Clearly not, so I'll have to do the rest of the pass for you:
- Flies & Hand
- Color TV-Game 15
- Sheriff
- Moon

And finally, Shigure, from the fan-favorite, Fire Emblem Fates
Everytime someone tries to make a joke Pass out of Assist Trophies, they include one I want.

I don't know if I'm cursed, or I'm the curse itself

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Hey guys, instead of making fighter pass predictions why we don't talk about our "ideal" Fighters Pass? Our ultimate wishlist? I'll begin:
FP6: Min Min (ARMS)
FP7: Doom Slayer (Doom)
FP8: Dante (Devil May Cry)
FP9: Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
FP10: Cynthia (Pokemon Gen IV remake)
FP11: Soul of Cinder (Dark Souls)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A Rhythm Heaven character isn't going to be topping the popularity charts any time soon, but they were even less requested prior to the Gematsu leak when people though the series wasn't even feasible, and yet clearly one was planned for inclusion. So even if that leak proved to be outdated, what it did do was open the gates to show people that Rhythm Heaven was, ostensibly, feasible, despite prior beliefs.

It's like how up until now, people didn't really request ATs to any great degree because they figured them out of the running. Well, if Spring-Man shows up, I bet some of the ATs will experience renewed popularity, because now the fanbase would believe promotion possible, just as the Gematsu leak showed that RH was possible.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
This one + Dixie Kong:
- Hollow Knight is my favourite indie game and I thinke the Knight could be a great addition to Smash.
- Grovyle with a Mystery Dungeon based moveset (with seeds, orbs and other items). He could also use Dig! A gen 8 pokémon will be announced for sure, but it's ok to have a dream! MD deserves love!
- I know that te Big Daddy appeared in PS All-Stars Battle Royale, but I'd love to see him in Smash and last year I also made a moveset for him.
- I only played the first Shantae game last year, but I think she could have one of the most interesting gameplay mechanic out of all of them.
- I hoped for Marco and the Peregrine Falcons right before Terry announcement, but I knew their chances were very low.
- Layton is probably my most wanted in this moment.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Nice I get to post my wishlist again. I'm ignoring an arms character because they're boring and I don't want to tarnish this beautiful selection of characters.

My fighters pass vol 2 wish list without Doom Guy.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think the big issue with the concept of a amalgamate ARMS character isn't that they CAN use each others' arms, or even their special abilities like Min Min's kick, it's that you're sacrificing personality.

ARMS is a fighting game (duh). Each character is specifically designed to be different from each other in some way, shape, or form (with obvious exceptions like Springtron). The arms weapons they use are only half of the gameplay, the other half being whatever fighter you choose. Obviously each character has the extendable arms gimmick, but only because that's the whole point of the game. Within the game, when you discount that, there's still clear differences between the characters that goes far beyond just "this one has a parry kick" and "this one has four jumps".

The best way I can really describe it is by comparing it to another fighting game series, Street Fighter. Combining several ARMS characters like, say, Spring Man / Ribbon Girl / Min Min, is kind of like if in Smash 4, instead of just Ryu we got a combination shoto that had skins for Ryu, Ken, and Akuma. Sure, on a basic level, they'd all be able to do the basic concept of "martial arts fighter" and use Hadoken / Tatsumaki Senpukyaku / Shoryuken, and you could incorporate things like Ken's kicks or Akuma's air Hadokens into it, but you run into a few issues:

1. Ryu, Ken, and Akuma all have different interpretations of this martial arts style. Ryu leans more on punches and hadokens, Ken leans more on kicks and shoryukens, and Akuma taps into the Satsui no Hado for "evil" takes on existing moves. You can't do Ken without the flaming Shoryuken, but does it make sense for Ryu / Akuma to do it? And what's Akuma without the Raging Demon, but you can't have Ryu or Ken using it, can you? By incorporating all of their unique abilities into one character, you're creating a messy character with no real identity. Inversely, let's just say no unique abilities, and that this amalgamate shoto just uses safe moves that are shared between characters, no bells and whistles. What's the point of adding on Ken or Akuma then if they don't get to use their own iconic moves?
  2. Beyond just moveset, there's also the issue of animations, and so on. How do you animate taunts or victory animations that work on three radically different personalities? Try to come up with shared taunts / victory animations for hobo Ryu, showoff Ken, and villain Akuma that don't feel like stretches.
The same goes for ARMS. Even if it isn't as nearly polarizing as Ryu / Ken / Akuma, these are still individual characters that were made individual for a reason. To sand away anything that makes them different, or just throw it all together into one character, kind of goes against the entire point. The only situations I think really work is if Spring Man is the main fighter, then you could probably do Springton as an alt costume. Even Ribbon Girl has a drastically different gameplay style and personality from Spring Man, to the point where I think it'd be best if she was an echo fighter with unique animations, extra jumps and maybe some different elemental effects. I know there's a few counter-arguments towards the "unique characters can't just be alternate costumes", so I'm gonna address them real quick:
  • HERO: I feel like this is kind of obvious, but blank slate JRPG protagonists are not the same as fighting game characters. The reason Hero works as a 4-in-1 is that the heroes are nothing more than avatars for the player. They wield a sword, a shield, and can cast magic, and that is the purpose of their character. To me, at least, it doesn't matter if one hero specifically can't learn one of the spells they all share, because ultimately they all serve the exact same role within their games. We even know Sakurai skipped over including the hero from Dragon Quest V as an alternate costume because he was too different from the rest (wielding a cane and being a monster summoner).
  • BOWSER JR / KOOPALINGS: Bowser jr's kind of a weird case. The entirety of his character is built around the Koopa Clown Car rather than Bowser Jr. himself, so you're not really changing much by switching out which Koopaling pilots the Clown Car. And while the Koopalings really don't have much depth to them in the mainline games beyond being Bowser's bratty commanders, I feel like their inclusion kind of lends to Junior's moveset feeling generic. Besides Shadow Mario as the Final Smash (which is weird seeing the Koopalings transform into), the boxing gloves, and the Mecha-Koopas (and MAYBE the Side B being in reference to the kart piece from Mario Kart 7 / 8 Deluxe), there isn't really anything in the moveset that pulls from the Clown Car's history or the Bowser Jr / Koopaling fights, instead it's just a swiss army knife with a propeller, with various weird trinkets like forks, a squeaky hammer, drills, and so on that don't come from anywhere. There's a sacrifice of any individuality Bowser Jr. could've had in order to make it solely about the Clown Car, which doesn't excite me as much.
To be fair, in earlier SF titles, Ken's SRK didn't have the Fire effect yet. And depending on the game(usually VS titles), Akuma's SRK can have a purple flame on it. I do agree its one of Ken's most defining character quirks though. Ryu's also got some unique kicks as he has a Hop Kick and the "Donkey Kick" that started out in the SF3 games. And that's not even getting into Style Change Ryu in MVC1.

The ARMS character would depend on how much they'd want to converge the weapons, I think that aspect mechanically(with the characters all being able to use each others weapons) would be something to take advantage of. Whether they want to add more to the ARMS character by going all in on the character specific gimmicks or if they find the ARMS mechanics on their own enough to make the character standout. Really, the big question would be if things like Win-Poses and Taunts can be used to vary up between these costumes if at all possible. Moveset wise, it really depends if the ARMS character focuses strictly on ARMS' baseline mechanics and weapon variety to pull together the moveset or not. Perhaps more in line with Inkling than how faithfully re-created Ryu and Terry were. Hell, like you said, we could get Spring-Man, only to have another character be an Echo with Ken-like unique elements, but that's best case scenario to me.

Just because the aspect may seem disappointing doesn't mean it would be impossible to implement. It wouldn't be the first time that potentially unique elements were downplayed for a costume. Alph not using Rock Pikmin being an example of that, when that alone would give a huge chunk of his moves a different property from Olimar. And that's not getting into Flying Pikmin being used outside of recovery.

Bowser Jr. in general is someone known for using a lot of gadgets, even all the way back in Sunshine(the big Bowser Robot and him stealing E.Gadd's paint brush)They expand on that in the Galaxy and NSMB games. So I think it fits him specifically at the very least.

Either way I'm happy ARMS is getting a character, but I AM curious as to how they pull this off. Be it Spring-Man, Ribbon Girl, a combination of multiple characters or whatever else. I'm looking forward to seeing them in action.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's mine I already did a couple of days ago:
Mamboo's Fighters Pass.png

DLC Stages.jpg
Reasons why I chose these characters:
Bandana Dee: We need more modern Kirby representation.
Poochy: Yoshi is always ignored and hasn't had a 2nd rep for years.
Shake King: Same as Yoshi above, also more Wario Land representation.
Amaterasu: Some more female representation wouldn't hurt.
Crash: Has a rivalry with Mario AKA Plumber Boy which would be fun to see.
Heavy: A character from a company like Valve would be cool to pick.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Having it be Spring Man doesn't really do anything for Isaac because they could still not include him even if other Assist Trophies became playable. It's like how people really thought that Geno was extremely likely because they were putting in these super requested characters like Ridley and K. Rool, and it turned out Piranha Plant got in instead and there were zero plans to ever include Geno.
I get your sentiment. But Geno wasn't NEARLY as much requested as Ridley and K.Rool. If anything, Isaac has the super star status that K.Rool and Ridley used to have right now. Or at least is way closer.

Geno is kind of a niche character compared to the reptile overlords.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel like 90% confident that the ARMS character is Spring Man or some kind of combination of him.

I dunno, I feel like adding someone over Spring Man would be like adding someone over Ryu like Chun-Li or Guile, yeah they may be popular but they aren't the mascot of the game. That's Ryu. By far. That's Spring Man. I guess you could say that Ribbon Girl is kind of the secondary mascot of ARMS and that she could be the rep but even still I feel like it would just feel really odd to have the first ARMS character NOT be Spring Man. Maybe it's just me.
Ryu's still genuinely pretty popular among SF's cast. I'm sure he's top 5 overall still. I'm not sure how popular Spring-Man is exactly, just that he's my personal 2nd favorite after Misango. For all we know, Ribbon Girl could pull a Morrigan and be put into stuff before Dimitri.

I just think we might see a Koopaling situation because the baseline mechanics of ARMS is unique enough to justify that, and unlike SF or KOF, ARMS' normals are pretty straightforward and can be done by each fighter. And each weapon can be used by each fighter. I'm not sure how much I like the idea, just that its a possibility, or that the big surprise is that we DON'T get the Mascot OR we get a playable character that is an AT in the same game.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Wish I had a template for this but here goes:
FP6: I'm just glad to see ARMS is getting a character so I don't really mind who it is but if I had to pick, Kid Cobra
FP7: Steve
FP8: Bandanna Waddle Dee
FP9: Rex and Pyra
FP10: Master Chief
FP11: Waluigi

Kid Cobra - Snakeboard Park
Steve - Overworld
Bandanna Waddle Dee- Planet Robobot
Rex and Pyra - Kingdom of Uraya
Master Chief - Blood Gulch (Ik it's super boring but Red vs Blue)
Waluigi - Smash 3DS Rainbow Road

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
1. ARMS character(Confirmed Baybee!) I'd be even happier if Misango was a costume for said character, if not the base.
2. Mega Man X (If not him MM.EXE, Volnutt or Geo would be cool alternatives)
3. Jin Kazama (If not him, then Heihachi or Kazuya)
4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Lara Croft
6. Dixie Kong

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I mean, someone making an "ideal" fighters' pass is just going to put in all their most wanted-s.

With the ARMS thing going on and whatnot, the "ideal" fighters' pass, at the current moment, that would bring me the most hype is-

Character Pass 6 - Spring Man, probably
Character Pass 7 - Vaati (Legend of Zelda)
Character Pass 8 - Isaac (Golden Sun)
Character Pass 9 - Saki (Sin & Punishment)
Character Pass 10 - Scizor (Pokemon)
Character Pass 11 - Tatsuya (Persona) or Terra (Final Fantasy)

-but I totally understand the fact that this overall selection, if, for whatever reason it became a reality, wouldn't exactly hype up most of the community. A couple of the choices, like Isaac, are popular enough, sure, but ones like Scizor?

How many people, besides me, honestly want Scizor, of all pokemon, in the game?
My most wanted gen 2 rep, and the reason why I wish Melee had a longer development cycle. Pichu just doesn't really feel like that good of choice (but would probably still be in with a longer dev cycle anyway, as I can imagine adding a Pikachu clone wouldn't be that hard). Scizor, meanwhile, reps the new evolutions in addition to the new Steel type. The only other Pokemon to rep new evolutions and new types would be Steelix and Umbreon, both of whom seem more difficult to implement with 2001 technology.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
reps the new evolutions
Pichu also represents expansions to Kanto families, just in a different direction, and besides, it was highly promoted at the time. It would've been likely even if Melee had 2 years of development.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If there was another Gen 2 mascot outside of Pichu, it was probably either Marril or Togepi.

Pichu was a fine choice however.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I sort of feel like Min Min has enough cheekiness involved with her that it’s probably going to be her. I can just imagine Sakurai during her presentation hitting these key points:
• “Did you notice how Min Min is dubbed the ‘ultimate’ champion? I assure you that was not just a mere coincidence.”
• The creator of ARMS reached out to me about adding a character from his game, but development was underway and we only knew about Spring Man and Ribbon Girl at a time, which is why Spring Man was added as an Assist Trophy late in development, and we added their spirits at the last minute once we knew more characters/designs. The first round of DLC had already been decided but I told him I would find space for a character in the second batch! Sure enough, his favorite character was Min Min!”
• “I know Smash isn’t much of a popularity contest, but Min Min seems to be the most popular character from ARMS, and I thought Ramen Bowl would make an awesome stage, so I decided to add her in!”

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
The Heihachi mii is probably coming back with Springman.
Yeah, as someone who thought Heihachi was extremely likely, the fact we're getting another FG character really doesn't bode well for him. It's unlikely that Sakurai will want to repeat the same gimmicks in a single wave, so if the ARMS character always faces their opponent in a 1 v. 1, it seems like it's curtains for him, Sol, Scorpion, and the whole gang.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, as someone who thought Heihachi was extremely likely, the fact we're getting another FG character really doesn't bode well for him. It's unlikely that Sakurai will want to repeat the same gimmicks in a single wave, so if the ARMS character always faces their opponent in a 1 v. 1, it seems like it's curtains for him, Sol, Scorpion, and the whole gang.
ARMS isn't a fighting game. A fighting game demands you take more than 10 minutes to fully explore the depth of it

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Ehh
We got three JRPG characters in a single pass. I don't think two fighting game characters in one pass is breaking boundaries, especially since both Tekken and ARMS are fundamentally different from each other despite being from the same genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom