• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Getting tired of this when is the direct talk. I think it may be best to try to keep our minds off this.

Who do you want to see first revealed, regardless of how you feel their chances realistically are? For me its Shantae. She would start the pass off with a bang, it would open up a lot of characters people wrotw off as deconfirmed due to spirits or mii costumes, and it would show nintendo cares about indie studios.

Plus she would have an awesome playstyle

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
Yeah at least most people post opinions about speculated characters, and the why/whynot...

I'm a bit surprised by the lack of announcement. It's the perfect occasion for Nintendo to actually acknowledge the Covid crisis, and they could put tentative seasons on their games instead of specific dates. Plus, I'm certain a lot of their employees are working from home, so it wouldn't be impossible to make some content in that regard. Sure the world is pausing, but for the entertainment industry, that's a crucial moment to fill. They could use this time to hype up some of their upcoming stuff, even if it is probably delayed. Radio silence seems like a weird strategy.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
And why is that, exactly? Bonus points if you don’t use the words “promotional”, “marketing”, or “shill”
Because he ain't a character. Byleth is a dull shallow silent character who can't emote to save their own life, they're a piece of wood. Byleth is an avatar character like Robin and Corrin who lack any resembles of a personality. If you're going to be a dull silent protagonist like that then have the decency to allow character customization like Robin & Corrin provided.
And if we're going in terms of Smash Bros Robin & Corrin are just 100 times way more interesting than Byleth. Robin got magic and weapon durability, Corrin can turn parts of their body into a dragon, Byleth's other two weapons are used in the exact same way as a sword which is just boring. You finally got axe and spears in a Fire Emblem character and it's only limited to 3 to 4 attacks each, what a pathetic waste. Even with Byleth's other weapons they're still just a boring Fire Emblem sword user, and that's the last thing needed for an EIGHTH Fire Emblem character.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Oh no, how dare I post an opinion. It's not like anyone else ever does that here on that thread. Also I know you this whole thing was just to mock my comment, but why did you start by calling it a speculation? Nothing about that comment was even close to being considered speculation, if you're going to insult me then insult me right. But yeah, Byleth is trash. Both in Ultimate and in Three Houses.
I hate Incineroar. I think it's ugly, annoying, and could've been replaced by over 50 more interesting Pokemon. Do I bring it up everyday? No, because it does nothing but annoy Incineroar fans. Sakurai won't see my post and say "damn, he's right, I'll go replace Incineroar". I've accepted that he's here to stay, and you should do the same with Byleth.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Getting tired of this when is the direct talk. I think it may be best to try to keep our minds off this.

Who do you want to see first revealed, regardless of how you feel their chances realistically are? For me its Shantae. She would start the pass off with a bang, it would open up a lot of characters people wrotw off as deconfirmed due to spirits or mii costumes, and it would show nintendo cares about indie studios.

Honestly? Rex. I feel like it would be fitting that the first character revealed for FP2 is one of, if not THE first character deconfirmed for FP1. But that's just me.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, how dare I post an opinion. It's not like anyone else ever does that here on that thread. Also I know you this whole thing was just to mock my comment, but why did you start by calling it a speculation? Nothing about that comment was even close to being considered speculation, if you're going to insult me then insult me right. But yeah, Byleth is trash. Both in Ultimate and in Three Houses.
that's not really an opinion,that is bashing for no real f****** reason at all.

DetectiveSS

Smash Cadet

I haven’t played any Shantae games but I think she looks pretty unique, I would be excited for her.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly? Rex. I feel like it would be fitting that the first character revealed for FP2 is one of, if not THE first character deconfirmed for FP1. But that's just me.
I could see that and like that as well. Also would blow open many though deconfirmed characters, which i think is the right way to start the pass

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Elma. If only for the fact I’ve been waiting so damn long for her, that I’d finally know what Hiroyuki Sawano’s secret project and Caitlin Glass’s NDA are, and opening with a spirit promotion to prove once and for all that Spirits do not deconfirm (at least if they’re base game and not in events)

osby

Smash Obsessed

Kazuma Kiryu, so that we know the second pass will mirror the first one:
  1. Cool SEGA character
  2. Cool Square-Enix character
  3. A character that will make people go "I'll never ask anything from Sakurai ever again"
  4. Cool fighting game character
  5. New Nintendo character that will make people ask things from Sakurai
  6. A character that will make people go "they should have saved the character 3 for finishing the pass with a bang"

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Then I speculate you're a troll given you constantly spam the same whining bull**** every week because your inability to be a likable human being prevents you from obtaining meaningful relationships.

Literally no one here enjoys your presence. Every time you walk into the room, you say some **** you know will start a fuss because you have nothing else original to say. The one time you have ever contributed positively toward discussion was when I called you out on it and literally had to ask you what you enjoy from Ultimate. That was a breath of fresh air because you actually had original things to say and didn't try to strike up an argument for argument sake.

But hey, you deflected all of your problems as an asshole here by pretending you're smart by using debate logic when called out. Aren't you an intellect. Clearly I'm the problem because I called the douchebag a douchebag.

I have no problem being banned right now if it means I get to say to your face exactly why you are the biggest pain in the ass in this thread.
You know, you can always put me on ignore. There's always that option, I literally don't give a crap. I say what I want to say, if you can't handle a person saying something bad about what you like then just ignore me. I'm not gonna focus on just being positive messages just because people rather see that, we see crap we don't want to see. Again, if you can't handle any kind of negative comment and want everything to be all sunshine and rainbow then please, put me on your ignore list. Sorry that I can't be super positive about Smash Bros Future, but I'll be damned if I change how I feel about the game currently just like how I don't want anyone here to change how they feel about the game as well.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

I would open with two at the same time, from opposite ends, one a 1st Party and the other a 3rd Party, so that both groups would be on the table and no one would be able to set any patterns for only one of those groups.

My picks for this would be Dixie Kong and Phoenix Wright, Dixie for her role as the main heroine of the SNES DKC games and Phoenix for his role as a literal icon of the DS and an honorary Nintendo character.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Because he ain't a character. Byleth is a dull shallow silent character who can't emote to save their own life, they're a piece of wood. Byleth is an avatar character like Robin and Corrin who lack any resembles of a personality. If you're going to be a dull silent protagonist like that then have the decency to allow character customization like Robin & Corrin provided.
And if we're going in terms of Smash Bros Robin & Corrin are just 100 times way more interesting than Byleth. Robin got magic and weapon durability, Corrin can turn parts of their body into a dragon, Byleth's other two weapons are used in the exact same way as a sword which is just boring. You finally got axe and spears in a Fire Emblem character and it's only limited to 3 to 4 attacks each, what a pathetic waste. Even with Byleth's other weapons they're still just a boring Fire Emblem sword user, and that's the last thing needed for an EIGHTH Fire Emblem character.
I hate Lucina and think she's the worst addition to Smash Bros in terms of character and moveset as all she is literally Marth-lite in my opinion. That doesn't mean I shove that opinion down people's throats because I know people don't care.

You know, you can always put me on ignore. There's always that option, I literally don't give a crap. I say what I want to say, if you can't handle a person saying something bad about what you like then just ignore me. I'm not gonna focus on just being positive messages just because people rather see that, we see crap we don't want to see. Again, if you can't handle any kind of negative comment and want everything to be all sunshine and rainbow then please, put me on your ignore list. Sorry that I can't be super positive about Smash Bros Future, but I'll be damned if I change how I feel about the game currently just like how I don't want anyone here to change how they feel about the game as well.
No one here is telling you to change your opinion on the game. But if all you are going to be is a pessimistic jerk off all the time in a character speculative thread and hating on one specific character, please just leave. You are just wasting your time in a time where it can be better spent elsewhere.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm definitely in the minority on this (and probably feel this way since I chose Golden Deer, but haven't been able to finish it yet), but I actually really like Byleth. He's incredibly stoic, but it's intentional beyond him being a blank slate, and many other character's perception of him are influenced by this trait.It also makes Geralt's death scene a bit more impactful even though he was basically death flag, the character. I also find his connection with Sothis to be incredibly interesting since it meshes with all the world building and creates much more intrigue surrounding the church. His support conversations are definitely the weakest though since it's really just a monologues and the other characters aren't quite as interesting without anyone to play off of.

To be honest I feel like Byleth could (and maybe should) have been pushed further with a moveset that involves micromanaging the three house leaders in order to control space and whatnot, with the risk of losing the other characters for quite a while if not the entire match.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I hate Incineroar. I think it's ugly, annoying, and could've been replaced by over 50 more interesting Pokemon. Do I bring it up everyday? No, because it does nothing but annoy Incineroar fans. Sakurai won't see my post and say "damn, he's right, I'll go replace Incineroar". I've accepted that he's here to stay, and you should do the same with Byleth.
No **** they're here to stay, but who the crap cares? The idea that you keep your comment to yourself so you don't annoy the fans of Incineroar is ridiculous. They got their character, who gives a **** if someone says something bad about it? Don't limit yourself just because other people like it. Say how you feel, especially when it something so trivial like a video game. Also yeah, I have accepted the Byleth is here to stay, but doesn't mean that I have to like their inclusion. You still say something is bad when it's bad.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Jesus calm the hell down. We dont need to start fighting here. This is the newcomer speculation thread, not ***** about a character in the game already for over 2 months now

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
the ignore button is your friend, I suggest y’all use it and save yourself stress

pinshadow

Smash Lord
No **** they're here to stay, but who the crap cares? The idea that you keep your comment to yourself so you don't annoy the fans of Incineroar is ridiculous. They got their character, who gives a **** if someone says something bad about it? Don't limit yourself just because other people like it. Say how you feel, especially when it something so trivial like a video game. Also yeah, I have accepted the Byleth is here to stay, but doesn't mean that I have to like their inclusion. You still say something is bad when it's bad.
And you don't need to bring it up every time you come in here, we get it. We aern't mad that you have an opinion, we're mad you never shut up about it.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I hate Lucina and think she's the worst addition to Smash Bros in terms of character and moveset as all she is literally Marth-lite in my opinion. That doesn't mean I shove that opinion down people's throats because I know people don't care.
Oh yeah, that's right. The only thing people like on this board since something positive is said. You can shove that stuff down people throat all the time, but it's 100% different when someone says something that's considers to be negative.
Positive comments only.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

I'm still hoping for Crash to be FP6. Not just because certain "leakers" are saying it, but it would be completely hyped. Crash is one character that I see consistently do well on fan polls in different countries. He would be the ideal character to start the pass with: popular with the general audience and is a fan favorite. I have faith Crash will be in this pass. He is a charming character with a legacy.

And here goes to Fighters Pass 2 including characters that I can be super hyped about. As you all can tell by my signature, I strive to like as many video game characters as possible and find something that I enjoy about them. That way when they are announced I can be super hyped. I'm not even a big fan of Banjo and I was cheering to the heavens when he was announced. If someone like Crash or Doomguy was announced, I would probably fall over from hype. When Simon and Richter were announced at the peak of my Castlevania passion, I nearly screamed.

I'm cheering for everyone to get someone they like. Travis Touchdown, Lloyd Irving, Geno, Lara Croft, Master Chief, Dante, etc. all have reasons to be in Smash and would offer something: Whether representing an era of gaming, relationship between companies, having a cool moveset, great stage and music, fun personality, etc. That's the beautiful thing about Smash: It hypes people up like very few games do. It's a different type of hype. It's the hype of seeing a character that you like or grew up with get recognized and have the ability to share the screen with legends like Mario, Sonic, Pac Man, Mega Man, Ryu, Cloud, etc.

Plus it's fun seeing all the wacky scenarios. Like seeing Joker, Isabelle, Ridley, and R.O.B team up to fight Simon, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk and Terry on Mute City while they are being attacked by Waluigi and Rathalos. Crazy scenarios like that that you don't see in any other official video game.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
That shouldn't mean you have the right to repeatedly spam the same argument over and over to the point where it starts to mentally harm others.

I should know, I've been that kind of instigator and gotten in trouble for it before. Right now, Nintendo needs to be held accountable for their consistent radio silence, it's damaging their PR something terrible... but I won't spam that point repeatedly because people got the message.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

This character would instantly sell the entire pass to me, especially if he's a Composite Ganon that brings both dual swords and the trident.
1585158189166.png

The big hangup people currently have with speculated newcomers is the perception that characters can't be promoted to playable within the same iteration of Smash, with good reason. Ganon could be a twofer of promotion as originally a Boss and Final Smash, and while not explicitly confirmation of Assist Trophies being potentially playable, would help open people up to the possibility of non-playable roles being promoted.

If it has to be a new character, either Dante or Doomguy.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
  1. Cool SEGA character
  3. A character that will make people go "I'll never ask anything from Sakurai ever again"
  6. A character that will make people go "they should have saved the character 3 for finishing the pass with a bang"
1. Sakura (or Kiryu)
2. Sephiroth. We'll never get Vergil so he's probably the next best thing.
3. Motha****in Doomguy
4. My boy Sol Badguy
5. Any Pokemon that is not a Mystery Dungeon or Gen IV remake rep
6. I can't say who I think would be underwhelming without pissing off a lot of people on this site

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I don't know what words to use so I'll just post my wishlist.

My fighters pass vol 2 wish list without Doom Guy.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  1. Cool SEGA character
1. Arle I guess
2. My boi Neku
3. ????
4. ?????
5. Elma. She’s not “new” new but she’s definitely make ppl question “You snubbed Rex for HER?” Especially if Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition is a thing by then
6. No heckin idea, go nuts

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Who cares? As long as you be respectful, you shouldn't be afraid to share your opinions. If people can't take a little negativity on a character they like, that's on them.
Oh boy I get to say it

Rex & Pyra
Elma
Geno
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Krystal
Lloyd Irving
&
many others I do not care to mention

These are just characters I don't care for; I think any character is a worthy addition to smash if Sakurai puts care and attention to detail into designing and implementing them, as he always has.

but

Like I said a lotta people are gonna be mad now.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Oh boy I get to say it

Rex & Pyra
Elma
Geno
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Krystal
Lloyd Irving
&

These are just characters I don't care for; I think any character is a worthy addition to smash if Sakurai puts care and attention to detail into designing and implementing them, as he always has.

but

You're allowed to have an opinion dude, I don't think anyone is going to be personally mad that you aern't interested in a specific character.

Last edited:

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
1. Arle I guess
2. My boi Neku
3. ????
4. ?????
5. Elma. She’s not “new” new but she’s definitely make ppl question “You snubbed Rex for HER?” Especially if Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition is a thing by then
6. No heckin idea, go nuts
XC2DE is a next gen thing if it happens at all. XCXDE is actually fairly likely IMO, as they probably want to sell the game again to an installbase not as pathetic as the Wii U's.

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
Instead of using "ignore" functions (which can make pages look weird as people reply to nothing), or of replying to him, everybody that's sick of this type of behavior should push for harsher moderation. This is one of the very rare forums I've ever seen with reddit/4chan level of toxicity and flaming, and with moderation that lets it slide. I think most people on here want to speculate or to catch the latest news, but there are a few very vocal users that thrive on pushing people down and adding random insults to otherwise semi-well-thought-of messages. Use the report functions, and do your best to maintain these threads as civilized as possible. People are entitled to their opinion, but if they serve no purpose to this thread, they shouldn't be posted here.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
  1. Cool SEGA character
1. Either Arle or Kiryu
2. Sora or Geno. I've been very split on these two for a while now.
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Nightmare
5. I'm gonna say its a character from a game that isn't announced yet (probably Fire Emblem)
6. A character seen as underwhelming by the general public like Ryu Hayabusa or Travis Touchdown (not bad characters or picks, just not a big grand slam like people will think).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Oh boy I get to say it

Rex & Pyra
Elma
Geno
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Krystal
Lloyd Irving
&

but

Nah I'm not mad, but let me tell you why you're wrong...:4pacman:

In his defense...Byleth DOES suck.
And in our defense...We get it. Move on.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
especially when it something so trivial like a video game.
This can be applied to you as well.

Also, no one is trying to force positive opinions down your throat and everyone else’s (or at least, most people aren’t). People may argue, but it’s usually understood that it’s just speculation and other possibilities are acknowledged, people tending to keep an open mind. People don’t constantly crap on characters they don’t like as that’s a weird obsessive thing + it’s rather extreme for videogames and just annoys those who like the character(s) if the negative opinions are expressed as objective statements. It’s perfectly fine to dislike a character for any reason, but there’s no reason to be obnoxious and childish about it.

The reason why I and others have argued with you or pointed out stuff you do before is because you just seem to not let things go or you bother people with statements like “they’re never getting in” as if we’re not aware of these possibilities, and you say them even if they’re not related to how we’re discussing the characters. It’s okay to argue/debate or whatever, but you do so in a way where it’s like other people are dumb for not thinking the same way/are dumb for even humoring certain characters’ chances positively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom