• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Agreed. He's awful, and also completely redundant in a series that already had Hugo.

The problem I have with RS characters is that they're basically all Japanese teenagers. And SF already has several Japanese teenager characters as it is. They don't really bring anything to SF.

Same deal with Slam Masters. Which also takes place in the SF universe. But it's all pro wrestlers. And SF already has, like, 5 pro wrestlers.
It's not that big an issue timeline wise. In street fighter 5 Sakura was like 21, she's out of high school and she was in the same age group as the Rival schools cast so by extension none of them are probably teenagers either

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Same deal with Slam Masters. Which also takes place in the SF universe. But it's all pro wrestlers. And SF already has, like, 5 pro wrestlers.
That and it would make Haggar's absence all the more sad. (Even if you didn't want him he should be in before those guys.)

It's not that big an issue timeline wise. In street fighter 5 Sakura was like 21, she's out of high school and she was in the same age group as the Rival schools cast so by extension none of them are probably teenagers either
Which is good because then you can very obviously use a different character's model as a base for them I mean show how much the character has grown by making them look like body builders!

What? It worked for Ed right?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
The issue is that they don't in vanilla Xenoblade Chronicles. If you were to have them be a tag team character you would have to use Lora and Jin instead.
Yes they do, remember Blade Arts where they switch off the weapon for attacks? You have the three Smash Attacks be Blade Art Level 1 - 3 while Final Smash is Blade Art Level 4.

Sakurai did say we would have to wait awhile till the next fighter. Guess he was right.

But man byleth is a lot of fun, but yes not the most hype. Still no need to be so angry.
They ended it all off on a marketing shill character from a series that already had too many fighters, you are allowed to feel however you want. Especially when you paid for it and they offer zero information on a pass that you can buy right now.
Also no, Byleth isn't fun, they're extremely basic.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That and it would make Haggar's absence all the more sad. (Even if you didn't want him he should be in before those guys.)

Which is good because then you can very obviously use a different character's model as a base for them I mean show how much the character has grown by making them look like body builders!

What? It worked for Ed right?
God, I hate how Ed looks in game. He looks perfectly fine in the in game 2D art. (Everyone does) but he looks hideous in his 3D.

I would say "look how they massacred my boy" but he's a newcomer so he ain't my boy.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Except SF3 takes place after SF5, so at the very least, Ibuki, Makoto and Elena are still teenagers.

Edit: Oh wait, you said the RS characters. Sakuras appearance in RS is not considered canon.

Haggar should ABSOLUTELY be in. And it's weird Guy and Cody have been in for so long and he's still not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, people who believe that are dumb, had 3H and XB2's release dates been swapped then Rex would be playable
I mean, yeah. That probably would be the case. Base fighter characters were chosen before Xenoblade 2 was even announced (according to the November direct).

Now that doesn't mean Byleth was chosen over Rex, as in Sakurai didn't look at both and decided on Byleth, but it sucks how Byleth got in with a new stage and more new music but not both characters. Especially when FE just has way more content than most series.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Looking at the bright side of this, this just means we all get to ****post about speculation a little while longer.

On a more serious note, this is almost definitely due to COVID-19 at this point. There's no way Nintendo would be going into a new fiscal year with only one announced product under most circumstances, shareholders would have a fit and a half.

However, these aren't normal circumstances. It's more important people remain healthy and safe than it is to get games out. I know it's frustrating, but everything will come to pass and we'll probably get a bomb-ass direct once that happens.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They ended it all off on a marketing shill character from a series that already had too many fighters, you are allowed to feel however you want. Especially when you paid for it and they offer zero information on a pass that you can buy right now.
Look at this top tier speculation in the speculation thread. And by speculation, I mean whining. And by whining, I mean probably the 50th time you brought up Byleth being a shill and that you hate him.

20200325_111334.jpg

DetectiveSS

Smash Cadet
Welp. If we don’t get a direct until this virus **** blows over I wouldn’t blame Nintendo

this happened

https://mynintendonews.com/2020/03/...ters-will-remain-closed-until-further-notice/

better take real heckin good care of ur switches till then
My launch day joycons just started to drift really badly, so that’s a bummer. They’ve always drifted a little but were still very playable, now it’s almost unbearable.

Not that mad though, needed an excuse to get a cooler colour anyway.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aren’t indie directs usually called Nindies? This one was titled Indie World. Dunno what this means in the grand scheme of things but still

osby

Smash Obsessed
Look at this top tier speculation in the speculation thread. And by speculation, I mean whining. And by whining, I mean probably the 50th time you brought up Byleth being a shill and that you hate him.

View attachment 266982
wynn steps up to mic, straightens tie, clears throat, taps mic.

"This thing on?"

Murmurs of assent.

Clears throat again.

The crowd excitedly begins to talk amongst themselves, many holding bated breath.

"Byleth..."

A hush falls over the crowd, rapt attention held.

"Bad."

Suddenly, the crowd goes wild, screaming their praise, demanding awards, running over each other to hug a loved one. Whistles of elation are heard and many are seen sobbing. World peace is enacted in acknowledgment of this monumental speech that knit the world together.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I don't get the idea that the virus is delaying directs as we got one last week. I don't know the details of how Directs are made but the way I see it, there's no way an Indie one got to be made but the general one had to be pistponed indefinitely
I think it's because Indie games are almost always digital only things so they can just be dumped onto the shop with no issues but with a big direct the products are expected to have both physical and digital

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think it's because Indie games are almost always digital only things so they can just be dumped onto the shop with no issues but with a big direct the products are expected to have both physical and digital
And we all know Nintendo’s factories have been affected by the outbreak...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
ya know, I find it funny that you keep whining on about the "marketing shill" FE character when Roy is literally listed as your Melee main

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I don't get the idea that the virus is delaying directs as we got one last week. I don't know the details of how Directs are made but the way I see it, there's no way an Indie one got to be made but the general one had to be pistponed indefinitely
Its probably how development is handled differently betweeen a large vs small development studio. A small independent development studio probably doesnt have as strict of guidelines as Nintendo does and is able to handle this virus in a completely different manner. Also you have to keep in mind that all Nintendo studios are most likely connected in the sense that Nintendo has specific time tables they expect each game to be finished so that sales don't cannibalize each other.

This doesn't necessarily mean that one game being delayed being pushed back delays everything. There is probably a window of time they shoot for to help compensate for any rising issues.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
probably easier for indies/solo devs to commit to release dates than it is for nintendo to release an entire general direct with every big studio release date being a tentative "ehhh"

D

Deleted member

You see, we don't care when we're kids, we were just happy to see more characters on te screen, as adults, we feel the need to whine all the time
As a kid, I had no taste.

As an adult, I still have no taste but at least I got Banjo.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post

View attachment 266982
Oh no, how dare I post an opinion. It's not like anyone else ever does that here on that thread. Also I know you this whole thing was just to mock my comment, but why did you start by calling it a speculation? Nothing about that comment was even close to being considered speculation, if you're going to insult me then insult me right. But yeah, Byleth is trash. Both in Ultimate and in Three Houses.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Oh no, how dare I post an opinion. It's not like anyone else ever does that here on that thread. Also I know you this whole thing was just to mock my comment, but why did you start by calling it a speculation? Nothing about that comment was even close to being considered speculation, if you're going to insult me then insult me right. But yeah, Byleth is trash. Both in Ultimate and in Three Houses.
I think you're just proving their point...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nothing about making the same "Byleth sucks" post every other day is even close to being considered speculation, too but here we are.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Then I speculate you're a troll given you constantly spam the same whining bull**** every week because your inability to be a likable human being prevents you from obtaining meaningful relationships.

Literally no one here enjoys your presence. Every time you walk into the room, you say some **** you know will start a fuss because you have nothing else original to say. The one time you have ever contributed positively toward discussion was when I called you out on it and literally had to ask you what you enjoy from Ultimate. That was a breath of fresh air because you actually had original things to say and didn't try to strike up an argument for argument sake.

But hey, you deflected all of your problems as an asshole here by pretending you're smart by using debate logic when called out. Aren't you an intellect. Clearly I'm the problem because I called the douchebag a douchebag.

I have no problem being banned right now if it means I get to say to your face exactly why you are the biggest pain in the ass in this thread.

E: The fact that people liked this post is proof people agree with me, even if it's against rules. Do something, mods. It's not even about me. He is a clear troll who does nothing but bring conflict here, and it affects everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
My friend, we already know your opinion. You're allowed to have one. But when it's one you have to constantly be let known in a pessimistic or demeaning way, people will start to get sick of it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The problem is you push your “opinions” as if they’re facts or are above everyone else’s, even if they’re discussing a character in a way unrelated to their likelihood or if they’re not discussing a character at all. If someone is positive about a character, you’ll reply with a rather negative response in a way where it makes it look as if you’re right and everyone else with a different opinion is wrong, or you’ll go on about the same negative stuff over and over even if we’ve moved past it; as if no one is allowed to be optimistic.

Which I guess is part of what I’ve tried to get across before, though admittedly it was probably in a poor, very emotional way since I was getting downright sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom