• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For reference, there's this tweet he made.

And then he later posted a tweet showing examples of what he meant - a boomerang and a Hammer Bro hammer.

That could be a fan, a spear, a shuriken...
Mr. H should just take twenty minutes and go look at some video game characters so he can give us a name instead of a runaround.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

And then he later posted a tweet showing examples of what he meant - a boomerang and a Hammer Bro hammer.

What female characters that are likely have such a weapon?

Also, one of his other tweets, the fifth one has (“already appeared”) in it. Spirit promotion?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Throwing weapon is grenade? That is what I am thinking. The motion would line up.

Yeah I am thinking Jill Valentine.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Also, one of his other tweets, the fifth one has (“already appeared”) in it. Spirit promotion?
It most likely refers to either someone who is already in Ultimate in a non-fighter capacity or a character from a company that already has a character in Smash.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Technically

Would missiles be “thrown/flying” weapons too...?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Mr. H should just take twenty minutes and go look at some video game characters so he can give us a name instead of a runaround.
Something is telling me that "Mr. H" is enjoying watching us run through his wild goose chase. I suggest we ignore him until he gives us an actual name instead of more vague descriptions.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah, like, it's all bull****, but it's fun bull****.

I believe it's meant to be one new company, and then one existing company. So it could be, for example, SNK and Bandai-Namco, or Ubisoft, Koei-Tecmo, etc.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The odds of this leak being real are up there with that Mother 3 localization happening this Christmas.

I am gonna say it now. Jill Valentine and Crash. Enjoy your fighters pass, expect some goodies in the future.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You shouldn't dismiss a leak just because the characters it claims will be in are not characters you want.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
You shouldn't dismiss a leak just because the characters it claims will be in are not characters you want.
I am dismissing it because any leak that speaks in vague goose chase garbage is fake. Remember the code names leak? Or that french one with the riddles? Honestly I know that Mr. H is having a good time watching people attempt to decipher cryptic bull****.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Something is telling me that "Mr. H" is enjoying watching us run through his wild goose chase. I suggest we ignore him until he gives us an actual name instead of more vague descriptions.
Agreed. It sounds like "Mr. H" even knows who #5 is if they know they've already appeared.

Teasing the fanbase into a guessing game is a pretty scummy thing to do. Most often it comes from those who don't actually have the info in question.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The only fighting game character like female with a shuriken or boomerang type weapon I can think of is like Yuffie Kisaragi from Final Fantasy VII

Which... yeah that’s like a snowball’s chance in hell of happening, won’t happen before Tifa or Sephiroth that’s for sure

Unless... you can extend “throwing weapon” to literally any projectile

Like... bullets? Missiles?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Agreed. It sounds like "Mr. H" even knows who #5 is if they know they've already appeared.

Teasing the fanbase into a guessing game is a pretty scummy thing to do. Most often it comes from those who don't actually have the info in question.
Why reveal what you know now when you can reveal it later? Mr. H is just having fun with their day in the sun. Watch in one week when talk of this dies down Mr. H will "spill the beans" because they are not getting attention any more.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
The only fighting game character like female with a shuriken or boomerang type weapon I can think of is like Yuffie Kisaragi from Final Fantasy VII

Which... yeah that’s like a snowball’s chance in hell of happening, won’t happen before Tifa or Sephiroth that’s for sure

I would have included guns and missiles before the user's clarification tweet, but from the fact both of the examples they gave are weapons quite literally being thrown, I don't think gun or missile users are being referred to by Mr. H. The biggest problem with this speculation is that it is so vague. Is this weapon they use just a weapon used in one move, like a grenade or Link's boomerang, or do they mean it is part of their entire identity as a character. And when he says its like a "fighting game female character", does he mean its from an actual fighting game Mr. H doesn't recognize or just a game that resembles a fighting game. For that matter, there are so many fighting games out there, how does one tell if someone looks like they are from a fighting game? Personally, I think user got lucky with both of the things he "predicted", but time will tell if Mr. H is legit or not. At the very least, it gives us something to talk about until the Hero is dropped.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Why reveal what you know now when you can reveal it later? Mr. H is just having fun with their day in the sun. Watch in one week when talk of this dies down Mr. H will "spill the beans" because they are not getting attention any more.
Yep.

“I have a source who has seen who the next playable character is, but he doesn’t know who it is and can’t try to look around and figure it out so I’ll continue to give you very vague hints every now and then so you all continue to talk about me and get my name out there.”

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

Yeah, I think he means projectiles.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, I think he means projectiles.
I can’t think of any other female who uses a traditional throwing weapon aside from Yuffie. Maybe Nakoruru uses one idk since I’ve never played Samurai Shodown, I do know there was a prominent leak with her that is now dead cause Banjo wasn’t on it

But uh

Jill, KOS-MOS, Lara then? Maybe even Kasumi Yoshizawa but I’m of the belief she’ll be a Joker Echo that will be downloaded separately from the pass and this guy IS discussing the pass explicitly

D

Deleted member

Probably not likely, but Ruby Heart is also a female character from a fighting game who uses weapons:

E5FD970C-6CB4-4D70-9358-8EADB518735D.jpeg

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I can’t think of any other female who uses a traditional throwing weapon aside from Yuffie. Maybe Nakoruru uses one idk since I’ve never played Samurai Shodown, I do know there was a prominent leak with her that is now dead cause Banjo wasn’t on it

But uh

Jill, KOS-MOS, Lara then? Maybe even Kasumi Yoshizawa but I’m of the belief she’ll be a Joker Echo that will be downloaded separately from the pass and this guy IS discussing the pass explicitly
If this is true, then it is not Jill, KOS-MOS, or Lara Croft because he also says that this character will be from a company that doesn't have a character yet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If this is true, then it is not Jill, KOS-MOS, or Lara Croft because he also says that this character will be from a company that doesn't have a character yet.
It says “(???: not yet?)” which to me suggests he doesn’t even know what company it is yet, after all, “Atlas”(sic) says “not mentioned” while “Skueni” (Square Enix) and “Rea” (Rare) says “Already mentioned”.

The last one, “already appeared” could be from a series or company already in Smash OR even a Spirit/other non playable upgrade

Probably not likely, but Ruby Heart is also a female character from a fighting game who uses weapons:

View attachment 228388
What game is she from?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It says “(???: not yet?)” which to me suggests he doesn’t even know what company it is yet, after all, “Atlas”(sic) says “not mentioned”.

The last one, “already appeared” could be from a series or company already in Smash OR even a Spirit/other non playable upgrade

What game is she from?
Marvel vs Capcom 2.

She was originally a scrapped Darkstalkers character concept, but got revived as a MvC oc fighter.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Kitana, but there's no reason to chose her over characters like Scorpion.

Alternitively, the character was holding a boomerang item and the leaker is telling half truths. This is also assuming that the leak is real.
I feel like the latter is probably the case as there is a boomerang item in game and the source probably only saw said character holding the item

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You guys must really be desperate for something to do if you're seriously considering this obvious fake.

Relax! Play some other games! Watch a movie! Go outside! (if it hasn't been pouring rain for three days like where I'm at)

For the first time in a long while we don't have any leaks, we can discuss whoever we want. That's a blessing! Yet you guys are digging around in the trash for any so-called leak to guide your discussion?

D

Deleted member

You guys must really be desperate for something to do if you're seriously considering this obvious fake.

Relax! Play some other games! Watch a movie! Go outside! (if it hasn't been pouring rain for three days like where I'm at)

For the first time in a long while we don't have any leaks, we can discuss whoever we want. That's a blessing! Yet you guys are digging around in the trash for any so-called leak to guide your discussion?
Nah.

I just try to talk about the current topics to not get bored.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi could be Smash Bros x Mario Party. They could add a new music section (like how Mario Kart is not the same as Mario). So it's plausible. Also, if hypothetically a new Mario Party map DLC is in works it could be Waluigi theme and the stage could use those resources.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Waluigi could be Smash Bros x Mario Party. They could add a new music section (like how Mario Kart is not the same as Mario). So it's plausible. Also, if hypothetically a new Mario Party map DLC is in works it could be Waluigi theme and the stage could use those resources.
I think “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X [Franchise]” only applies to third party franchises though, they didn’t do say, Smash Bros X Splatoon when Inklings were announced.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
What would everyone's most disappointing likely characters be for the last two characters?

Not a character who would be disappointing to everyone like if we got Pepsiman or something stupid. But someone like Doomslayer or Leon that you know is big but not your cup of tea.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What would everyone's most disappointing likely characters be for the last two characters?

Not a character who would be disappointing to everyone like if we got Pepsiman or something stupid. But someone like Doomslayer or Leon that you know is big but not your cup of tea.
Doomslayer - not my cup of tea
Crash - for season 1 at least. If Season 2 happens I’m all for him, but I have characters I want to ensure are in first before then
Ryu Hayabusa - honestly never cared for Ninja Gaiden
Nightmare - i’d rather have a Tales Of Character or KOS-MOS

though if I get Elma at the bare minimum I will be ok with literally anyone else

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

I mean how do you know it is fake? It seems incredibly likely the next character is going to be female based on the male dominance we have in the fighter pass atm not to mention no female alts.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>fake leak puzzles again
Bleeding hell, I thought we were past this. :glare:

As far as the current pass is concerned, Steve, but even then his chances have been shooting straight down recently (and I'm in guh-huh nirvana anyway), so I'd be fine with just about anyone otherwise, even a Fire Emblem character.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

im saying this again

im still confused why you guys doubt/sleeping on jill valentine

the flying thing can be simply gernades like snake

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I think “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X [Franchise]” only applies to third party franchises though, they didn’t do say, Smash Bros X Splatoon when Inklings were announced.
tbf, I think they use "Smash Bros X Super Mario RPG" for Geno's costume back in 4.

So, what characters do you want in then, Rie? I hope this doesn't come off wrongly, I'm legitimately asking :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
tbf, I think they use "Smash Bros X Super Mario RPG" for Geno's costume back in 4.

So, what characters do you want in then, Rie? I hope this doesn't come off wrongly, I'm legitimately asking :)
The SMRPG thing was mostly due to Square owning Geno, tbh

As for me, my top wants are KOS-MOS, Neku, a Tales character and Elma for the pass, but since Hero is a thing, Neku’s best shot is a theoretical second fighter’s pass.

If DLC echoes are a thing, I’d like to see Kasumi Yoshizawa (Joker), Mecha-Fiora (Elma; if Chrom can be playable and in a Final Smash then Fiora can too) and T-elos (KOS-MOS).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I mean how do you know it is fake? It seems incredibly likely the next character is going to be female based on the male dominance we have in the fighter pass atm not to mention no female alts.
Never ever has one of these 'riddle leaks' been real. You know why? Because people with actual information either leak it or don't. This is the behavior of someone who wants attention.

Since we're talking about riddles, riddle me this: How does a person look at a character they don't know, yet know they're from a fighting game? How does a person know they're from a fighting game, but not which? How can they reveal the character has a projectile, but not specifically what it is? How can an alleged leaker not know how to use Google?

The answer is, of course, that the story doesn't make sense because it's not true.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Never ever has one of these 'riddle leaks' been real. You know why? Because people with actual information either leak it or don't. This is the behavior of someone who wants attention.

Since we're talking about riddles, riddle me this: How does a person look at a character they don't know, yet know they're from a fighting game? How does a person know they're from a fighting game, but not which? How can they reveal the character has a projectile, but not specifically what it is? How can an alleged leaker not know how to use Google?

The answer is, of course, that the story doesn't make sense because it's not true.
Stop making sense!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I wouldn't say I'd be dissapointed but none of the characters in current speculation have me very enthused.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Very true. I was just giving an example for people who say "It has to be Smash X...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom