• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
If Sora does get into Smash what stage do think Sakurai would put in, and what stage would you want?

Im sure Sakurai would put in Destiny Island, or maybe Twilight Town just to have an excuse to run people over with a another vehicle/form of transportation.

Me, I'd like to see Scala ad Caelum or The Final World

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
If Sora does get into Smash what stage do think Sakurai would put in, and what stage would you want?

Im sure Sakurai would put in Destiny Island, or maybe Twilight Town just to have an excuse to run people over with a another vehicle/form of transportation.

Smash Flash made me partial to Twilight Town. I think hearing Sinister Sundown and Working Together on that stage while fighting would be a dream come true.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Plenty of characters have fallen out of the limelight, it happens. Geno is the talk of the town now, but wasn't really around much for Smash 4. Dixie kind of played second fiddle to K.Rool for a long time, but she'd be a cool character.

I think the only real way to get people to not drop their support is to try and look beyond just the current game and keep that support up for them in general, but I completely understand why we usually don't.

GhostRoy

Smash Apprentice
Grand Rapids, MI United States of America
NNID
RoyUchiha

Twilight town for sure with kh characters in the background eating ice cream

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Plenty of characters have fallen out of the limelight, it happens. Geno is the talk of the town now, but wasn't really around much for Smash 4. Dixie kind of played second fiddle to K.Rool for a long time, but she'd be a cool character.

I think the only real way to get people to not drop their support is to try and look beyond just the current game and keep that support up for them in general, but I completely understand why we usually don't.
When a character is dead by being turn into an Assist Trophy or Mii Costume it's just a waste of time continue supporting them. A lot of character support is just the equivalent of waves hitting rock, it changes nothing.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Twilight town for sure with kh characters in the background eating ice cream
Riku, Kairi, Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Namine, Roxas, Xion, and Axel all cheering Sora on like the SNK characters did for Terry or the Three Houses characters did for Byleth is the dream. Maybe some Organization 13 characters could make appearances as well.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Nonstop support for almost 20 years now...

despair.jpg

P.Kat

Smash Champion
When a character is dead by being turn into an Assist Trophy or Mii Costume it's just a waste of time continue supporting them. A lot of character support is just the equivalent of waves hitting rock, it changes nothing.
:ultlittlemac:Hi!
:ultisabelle: Please to meet you!
:ultkrool: You rang!?
:ultdarksamus:Kill... Samus!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unless you're wrong.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

castle oblivion.

It's the location where the GBA game was set, it's gimmick would make it easy to squeeze in some fanservice for fans and the GBA is lacking in content in Smash compared to other Nintendo systems.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wynn is never wrong. He’s always right. Everything he says is word of God. He KNOWS Sakurai, how dare you question him.
The impressive thing is despite apparently living in Sakurai's brain he still manages to make claims that actual existing official statements refute more than anyone else I know.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
:ultlittlemac:Hi!
:ultisabelle: Please to meet you!
:ultkrool: You rang!?
:ultdarksamus:Kill... Samus!
Oh yeah, how could I have forgot that Little Mac was playable in Brawl with his Assist Trophy. I must have also spaced out how Isabelle also got into Smash 4 while having her Assist Trophy be in the game as well. And I guess I just so happen to miss how K. Rool became DLC for Smash 4 right after they revealed his Mii Costume... oh no wait, every single character you mention only got in Smash Bros one game after their initial appearance of being an Assist Trophy AMD Mii Costume.
So if the character got put in as an Assist Trophy and Mii Costume for Ultimate then they're not getting in at all in that game.

D

Deleted member

People can just want characters who happened to be assist trophies in the next Smash game I suppose.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, how could I have forgot that Little Mac was playable in Brawl with his Assist Trophy. I must have also spaced out how Isabelle also got into Smash 4 while having her Assist Trophy be in the game as well. And I guess I just so happen to miss how K. Rool became DLC for Smash 4 right after they revealed his Mii Costume... oh no wait, every single character you mention only got in Smash Bros one game after their initial appearance of being an Assist Trophy AMD Mii Costume.
So if the character got put in as an Assist Trophy and Mii Costume for Ultimate then they're not getting in at all in that game.
Guess all it will take to crumble your opinion is just one promoted AT then. Remember we don't know what direction this fighter pass is going, so unless you can see into the future, I suggest we wait and see what Sakurai has in store for us.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Scala ad Caelum would be amazing. The stage could be right before you enter the city

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Look, you're not wrong, but you're being an asshole about it, so it's hard for me to side with you here.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You think this stopped Dark Samus, K.Rool, Chrom, Isabelle and even Ridley fans after their characters got different roles in a previous game? The point is that, there's a chance in another title.

I wasn't even talking about upgrading a character from the same game. If you read my post over again I say "to look beyond the current game." As in, sure Little Mac didn't make it in Brawl, but he's in Smash 4. That's my point. That's what separates someone like K.Rool from Krystal. Because the support didn't die out drastically between games. And it got the character in the next title.

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
I'm on the fence about how likely an AT promotion will happen. But I do think it would be cool if we did get one mostly because my boy Shovel Knight deserves it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't even think AT promotion is likely by any means, All I said is that support for your characters of choice should carry over between titles.

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
Welp today, march 3rd, is the switch's 3rd anniversary.... so i would hope nintendo does or says something today. Jeez no other company (except maybe valve) suck at communication as much as nintendo.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't even think AT promotion is likely by any means, All I said is that support for your characters of choice should carry over between titles.
True, but I think people are forgetting statements about how long it'd be until the next Smash. Why wait ten years, when most of us will be too busy with jobs to appreciate their fighter movesets?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Guess all it will take to crumble your opinion is just one promoted AT then. Remember we don't know what direction this fighter pass is going, so unless you can see into the future, I suggest we wait and see what Sakurai has in store for us.
I don't need to see the future to tell you that an Assist Trophy ain't getting upgraded, all I have to use is common sense.
Remember, Sakurai full heartedly believes that Assist Trophies are the second best way to get a character in and makes a lot of fans happy; so why would he waste precious development time making any of those characters playable when they're already represented? Nintendo ain't going to chose any of those characters, it's going to be a promotional character like Byleth and random third parties. There is zero reason for Sakurai & Nintendo to upgrade any of them in Vol 2; they already know that most fans will be happy with anything if Piranha Plant and Byleth are any indication, so upgrading the fan request turned Assist Trophy would be the same as just putting in a character that has been represented in Smash Bros. Which means there ain't much of a point to upgrade any of them when they can get the same joyous reaction by including something else instead.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Yeah but...people's hopes and dreams carry forward into the NEXT game. That's why people don't stop supporting their characters.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Re: who's the most wanted character, I think that's just not a question with an answer. You can have clumps of characters that are highly wanted, sure, but it's hard to tell who's the winner. I mean, in the "wanted for Ultimate" class, who's the most wanted? Ridley? K. Rool? Banjo? Geno? Isaac? Isabelle? Waluigi? Spring Man? Inkling? Rex? Decidueye? Snake? Hell, at certain points I'd say Ashley and Skull Kid were up there. Fanbases reach their apexes at different points. Even in the pre-4 era I think it was hard to tell. Characters getting confirmed, disconfirmed, at different points in time. Right now expectations color wants very much, people generally try to be in the right, and the recent additions have severely fragmented the audience whilst simultaneously opening people up to choices they hadn't considered.

So, is Sora the most wanted character? Well, to be honest, I don't think so, there's a notable amount of people who hate him, hate KH, or hate Disney. But at the same time most characters are at least somewhat controversial. I would say that he is a fan favorite, and I think it's easy to agree that at the very least he's one of the most wanted third party characters and has been for at least a while.

I'd like to see Traverse or Twilight Town, but my preferred option is The World that Never Was.

Someone mentioned Castle Oblivion though and that's low-key a fantastic pick.
I don't need to see the future to tell you that an Assist Trophy ain't getting upgraded, all I have to use is common sense.
Remember, Sakurai full heartedly believes that Assist Trophies are the second best way to get a character in and makes a lot of fans happy; so why would he waste precious development time making any of those characters playable when they're already represented? Nintendo ain't going to chose any of those characters, it's going to be a promotional character like Byleth and random third parties. There is zero reason for Sakurai & Nintendo to upgrade any of them in Vol 2; they already know that most fans will be happy with anything if Piranha Plant and Byleth are any indication, so upgrading the fan request turned Assist Trophy would be the same as just putting in a character that has been represented in Smash Bros. Which means there ain't much of a point to upgrade any of them when they can get the same joyous reaction by including something else instead.
Hey, next time you speak to Sakurai, send him my regards, I'm a big fan of Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have no hopes for Smash 6 being a better game than Ultimate, but I will always have hope that Smash 6 might include Bomberman, and nobody will stop me.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I have no hopes for Smash 6 being a better game than Ultimate, but I will always have hope that Smash 6 might include Bomberman, and nobody will stop me.

I don't get it, you mention that you don't have hopes for a better game but then you described a much better one.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, I think it's a bit crazy to suggest that folks should give up on supporting their characters in future Smash games. I don't even really know if that's what is being suggested. I don't really agree with the approach, and I would say that folks shouldn't give up on what they want to see.

It's really just going to come down to taming expectations if you ask me. When there's no evidence to suggest upgrades will happen, there is precedent that suggests otherwise, also the fact that Nintendo is the one calling the shots, and they have been for the first season of Smash Ultimate DLC.

Things can change, certainly. I would never call upgrades "impossible", but I do feel that wanting them to happen doesn't mean that they will. I'm not saying this as somebody who doesn't like the characters that could be upgraded. I love Isaac and Golden Sun is a great game, Waluigi would cap-off the Mario cast for good, Geno is a longtime fan want. I just have plenty of wants that don't include upgrades, and I would prefer that they expand into new things rather than series we've seen already.

More importantly however, prior DLC and the people choosing it don't make me confident in upgrades. I think the way to look at it, for now, is to expect more of the same in terms of DLC picks, and then embrace the excitement if an upgrade does happen. It's not like I think people are over the top believing it...I just think some folks might convince themselves it's 100% GOING to happen, despite the fact that we have no reason to believe it will, and do have reason to think it won't.

But hey, at the end of the day, it is what it is. Folks can believe what they want. It ain't that serious. Some folks will be right, others wrong, and we all still get new Smash characters. I'd say it's a win-win.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
LOL you're right. I can't believe I had awful taste for a minute there.
That's no different from your usual self tho
I mean, I think it's a bit crazy to suggest that folks should give up on supporting their characters in future Smash games. I don't even really know if that's what is being suggested. I don't really agree with the approach, and I would say that folks shouldn't give up on what they want to see.

It's really just going to come down to taming expectations if you ask me. When there's no evidence to suggest upgrades will happen, there is precedent that suggests otherwise, also the fact that Nintendo is the one calling the shots, and they have been for the first season of Smash Ultimate DLC.

Things can change, certainly. I would never call upgrades "impossible", but I do feel that wanting them to happen doesn't mean that they will. I'm not saying this as somebody who doesn't like the characters that could be upgraded. I love Isaac and Golden Sun is a great game, Waluigi would cap-off the Mario cast for good, Geno is a longtime fan want. I just have plenty of wants that don't include upgrades, and I would prefer that they expand into new things rather than series we've seen already.

More importantly however, prior DLC and the people choosing it don't make me confident in upgrades. I think the way to look at it, for now, is to expect more of the same in terms of DLC picks, and then embrace the excitement if an upgrade does happen. It's not like I think people are over the top believing it...I just think some folks might convince themselves it's 100% GOING to happen, despite the fact that we have no reason to believe it will, and do have reason to think it won't.

But hey, at the end of the day, it is what it is. Folks can believe what they want. It ain't that serious. Some folks will be right, others wrong, and we all still get new Smash characters. I'd say it's a win-win.
I don't think upgrades are happening but yeah, the characters promoted in the past have all been promoted due to fan demand with the possible exception of Charizard as Sakurai added PT for the mechanics

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
prior DLC and the people choosing it don't make me confident in upgrades.
Sometimes it's not the 100% best thing to do to look at past DLC. Because Corrin didn't include the same amount of content as Ryu or Bayonetta (yes I'm ignoring Cloud here, you know why), I was going to assume Byleth would've been a bonus fighter, not part of the pass and therefore given the same treatment as the new third-party series.

That and how Sakurai seemed to be fine with FE characters just using a catch-all stage.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.