• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
That Famitsu article didn't really tell us anything substantial about the upcoming fighters in the season pass.

Well, it's what I expected at the very least so can't say I'm disappointed.

Now to play the very long waiting game.
And judging by how certain insiders/leakers got caught by Nintendo, especially after the Sword and Shield leaks, I don't see another game of "Guess Who" happening anytime soon.
God I really hope Hayabusa is one of the 6 DLC characters. Just imaging him fighting Simon, Mega Man, Link and other NES greats just seems so right.
I myself am hoping for Ryu Hayabusa to be one of the characters too, but it's not a full guarantee, even though he has been a commonly speculated character for this game's overall DLC cycle. It would definitely be nice to have him join other 80's icons, but we'll see.
Anybody from Level 5 would be a sleeper pick imo.

Yokai watch, Professor Layton, Inazuma or Ninokuni would all be great to have.
I think puzzle game characters like Layton are sleepers in general. Helps that Level-5 has a good relationship with Nintendo.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So what we know based on Sakurai's column:
  • The next six characters are the last characters for Ultimate
  • Each character will come with a stage and s
  • Just like last time, Nintendo chose the characters
  • Sakurai and Nintendo discuss a character and come to an agreement. So far, based on the characters chosen last time, it has worked well.
  • Sakurai is doing what he can to make the fans happy
Which begs the question: What sleeper picks that have not been discussed much on here do you guys think that could happen in the second Fighters pass?
Probably Sol Badguy/Ragna.

We already know that ASW has talked to Nintendo about it (hence the Spirit event). I really think either one of them is very likely at this point.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
What does everyone think of Ryu Hayabusa’s chances?
High.

Not gonna lie, it feels pretty good to have the "Nintendo forced Sakurai to put in Byleth" take put to bed.
It would, if Sakurai saying a thing automatically made it true. But it doesn't.

What's he supposed to do, give a public interview and say "Sorry guys, I thought Byleth was wack too. But Nintendo insisted. So send them all your hate tweets."? No, he's going to say the decision is mutual, regardless of whether it is or not.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm genuinely curious, why do some people expect such a massive shift when Fighter's Pass Volume 1 made tons of sales and got tons of praise heaped upon it with Ultimate continuing to sell millions every couple months to essentially fund all the DLC they could ever want? What's exactly the incentive that people see for Nintendo to change their tune and focus on things when what they've already done has been so successful?
1. Fighting game DLC seasons are not complete copies of one another. You'd think people who wish Smash fans would play more games would know this.
2. It's inevitable that an older game will not have the same amount of people playing it. Competitive players in particular are the ones most likely to stick around, and they focus on an environment where a character being already represented in any way that isn't a fighter (or Peach's Toad moves I presume) doesn't mean ****.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The fan demand about Lloyd is just an echo-chamber thing. Harada himself (for who do not know him the Tekken director and since early 2019 General Manager at Bandai Namco) specifically stated that Tekken characters got way more requests than Tales or Gundam characters:
"The fans, rather than asking about Tales or Gundam or some of our other franchises, the fans abroad saw Tekken as one of the key words and took off on that," he says. "We're not really sure at this moment but when thinking of the playerbase who is playing Smash Bros., maybe Tekken characters is something they wouldn't want, so I've been pulling back on that a bit. But I don't know."
https://www.engadget.com/2012/07/10/harada-pulling-back-on-idea-of-tekken-characters-in-new-smash/

And again why are there no plans for Tales of Arise on Switch if Tales is so close to Nintendo? Also lmao at grasping at straws: "you don't even kmow if Lloyd was considered", neither do you as there is no evidence for it. If anything if Lloyd is such a shoe-in why hasn't he appeared before? If he is so supported and easy to implement? Heihachi ast least has the excuse that it takes time to develop his complex moveset? But Floyd from Fails of Symphonia? Sure has nothing going for him.
wait the Tekken director said tekken was more popular than tales? in terms of requests??? shocking.
Oof there goes Lloyd's chances. Heihachi it'll be if Namco gets another rep.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
1. Fighting game DLC seasons are not complete copies of one another. You'd think people who wish Smash fans would play more games would know this.
2. It's inevitable that an older game will not have the same amount of people playing it. Competitive players in particular are the ones most likely to stick around, and they focus on an environment where a character being already represented in any way that isn't a fighter (or Peach's Toad moves I presume) doesn't mean ****.
1. I mean, is anyone really saying the DLC is going to be a complete copy of last? Like, the focus remaining the same on something as broad as third parties still fits within the idea of "DLC seasons not being exactly the same."

2. A decrease in retention rate doesn't really change how they pick characters, does it? And the rest is just kind of pushing back on upgrades which you're not really making a case for?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The second pass (the pass itself, not necessarily the characters) was likely finalized before Hero or Banjo were even revealed. They had no idea how well characters 2-5 would do, but they went ahead and upped the budget anyway.

Maybe they'll shift gears, maybe not. Either way, I don't think Nintendo really cares what characters they end up selling to us. Aside from Banjo, none of the DLC choices were highly requested overseas, and Byleth was just flat-out criticized by a majority of fans. They know that they're going to make money regardless, and even shill picks may turn out to be just as profitable for them depending on how much third-parties have cost them on average.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The second pass (the pass itself, not necessarily the characters) was likely finalized before Hero or Banjo were even revealed. They had no idea how well characters 2-5 would do, but they went ahead and upped the budget anyway.

Maybe they'll shift gears, maybe not. Either way, I don't think Nintendo really cares what characters they end up selling to us. Aside from Banjo, none of the DLC choices were highly requested overseas, and Byleth was just flat-out criticized by a majority of fans. They know that they're going to make money regardless, and even shill picks may turn out to be just as profitable for them depending on how much third-parties have cost them on average.
Seems a little odd to argue that the pass was finalized that far back when there's not really much to point to that conclusion. I don't think Volume 2 was finalized when they announced more DLC because I think they would have just straight up announced Volume 2 if that was the case. The way they announced it seems very deliberately to be 1. Decide to make more DLC, 2. Finalize that DLC as a 6 fighter Volume 2 that was spread out over a few months.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Seems a little odd to argue that the pass was finalized that far back when there's not really much to point to that conclusion. I don't think Volume 2 was finalized when they announced more DLC because I think they would have just straight up announced Volume 2 if that was the case. The way they announced it seems very deliberately to be 1. Decide to make more DLC, 2. Finalize that DLC as a 6 fighter Volume 2 that was spread out over a few months.
Well, the announcement was made in Banjo's presentation, which was said by Sakurai himself to be recorded a few days after Hero's. Given how many of these presentations are recorded a month in advance, I don't think it's too far out there to assume the pass was finalized in June at the latest.

So yeah, I don't think Nintendo had much to go off of aside from those who pre-purchased the entire pass and Joker when they decided to make a second pass. Hero and Banjo likely didn't influence their decision.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I think you are getting it wrong. Pretty sure Sakurai didnt talk about the additional DLC in his presentation. That was announced in the direct itself

I'll have to heck

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I think you are getting it wrong. Pretty sure Sakurai didnt talk about the additional DLC in his presentation. That was announced in the direct itself

I'll have to heck
Sakurai talked about it slightly too and Nintendo Directs are also pre-recorded.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai says what he personally thinks in interview and the columns he writes, he wants Ultimate to be the biggest crossover game there is. Making Waluigi playable doesn't allow them to represent more games because Waluigi is already in Ultimate; whatever game you can tie Waluigi to, like DDR or the sports game, is already accomplished because he in the game. These characters are already represented so making them playable doesn't make it any more different than besides adding a stage and a few songs. What I'm saying can be apply to other forms of representations. With the Smash 4 trophies they were made way in advance before they knew they were going to make DLC, and they already have moveset made up for them so at the time Sakurai is good with making them playable as DLC. The reason why he isn't going to reconsider upgrading Assist Trophies is because they're viewed as the next best thing to include, if Sakurai going to upgrade anything it's going to be Spirits because they're just PNGs. If an Assist Trophy gets upgraded it's going to be through another game, as of now these characters are in Ultimate and that's good enough for him.

Also Sakurai said that he has to be on board with the character, if not then he will cancel that character. So if he doesn't want to work on the character then he's not going to work on the character. As for Byleth, Sakurai is a huge Fire Emblem fan. All Nintendo had to do was suggest it and he would've agreed in a heartbeat, Smash fans be damned. Byleth was literally the only reasonable character they could've put in from Three Houses.

What's that, Sakurai went the extra distance for a Fire Emblem character inclusion? It's as if Sakurai is a massive Fire Emblem fan! Of bloody course he would go the extra mile for Roy and Luigify him. He loves Fire Emblem so he'll put as much effort a character like Roy. You'll put more effort into your favorites.
I was just going to ignore this but it’s too absurd not to point out. Sakurai didn’t add additional fire emblem characters just because he liked them. All characters pre smash 4 dlc were added because they had unique moveset potential or they were easy clones or they were used to represent fire emblem in the first place in Marths case. Sakurai has gone on record saying he was reluctant on adding Corrin and pointed out he wasn’t the driving force behind Byleth. That isn’t the sort of behaviour you’d expect from a biased fire emblem fan who favours the series in terms of smash. Unless you secretly are friends with Sakurai and have proof he is, then you are incorrect. He may be a fan of FE but nothing suggests he is a fan in terms of smash. You need to stop trying to scrape together baseless arguments just to fit some weird agenda you’d like it to abide by because in most cases it doesn’t work

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
God I really hope Hayabusa is one of the 6 DLC characters. Just imaging him fighting Simon, Mega Man, Link and other NES greats just seems so right.
This is one of the reasons I want Dante in.

I can finally have Dante vs Bayonetta matches to my hearts content.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh I saw that.

I also saw the Sephiroth vs Vergil one, and that one made me not take those death battles seriously.

That outcome was such bs, truly.
As was Dante vs. Bayonetta. They ****ed Dante's regeneration to Deadpool levels when its really nowhere close to that. Bayonetta should had easily splattered him given she can headbutt skyscrapers with ease.

One of the reasons I stopped watching the series especially given their love for No Limit Fallacies.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I was just going to ignore this but it’s too absurd not to point out. Sakurai didn’t add additional fire emblem characters just because he liked them. All characters pre smash 4 dlc were added because they had unique moveset potential or they were easy clones or they were used to represent fire emblem in the first place in Marths case. Sakurai has gone on record saying he was reluctant on adding Corrin and pointed out he wasn’t the driving force behind Byleth. That isn’t the sort of behaviour you’d expect from a biased fire emblem fan who favours the series in terms of smash. Unless you secretly are friends with Sakurai and have proof he is, then you are incorrect. He may be a fan of FE but nothing suggests he is a fan in terms of smash. You need to stop trying to scrape together baseless arguments just to fit some weird agenda you’d like it to abide by because in most cases it doesn’t work
Oh yeah, nothing suggest that Sakurai is a huge Fire Emblem fan besides all the things he said in his Byleth presentation where he listed every single game, how he included Roy before his game released, how Sakurai owns every single game, being a special guess at the 25th Anniversary Fire Emblem concert, literally had a whole interview of Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary, and how he's great with Smash Bros being used to promote the recent Fire Emblem games. The man loves Fire Emblem and we're up to eight. Sakurai had said that he's able to veto any character he wasn't on board with, so Nintendo may have wanted Byleth but Sakurai could've said no. Like come on, we literally so many instances of Sakurai's love for the series, you really think it was a big coincidence that there's so much representation? I guess it's also a coincidence that majority of Kirby's representation only comes from game Sakurai directed.

You say that doesn't seem like the behavior of a FE fan when he said he was reluctant about Corrin and the excuse for Byleth... but still happened. We got those characters. So I don't know what you're going on about.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
As was Dante vs. Bayonetta. They ****ed Dante's regeneration to Deadpool levels when its really nowhere close to that. Bayonetta should had easily splattered him given she can headbutt skyscrapers with ease.
I do agree that they went overboard in regards to Dante's regeneration. Also it was quite clear that the Death Battle hosts wanted to win when they put down "half demon, full awesome" in Dante's background. Fortunately if Dante gets in Smash it's highly unlikely that he'll have his regeneration powers, otherwise he'll just flat out destroy the game's meta even worse than Bayonetta did to Smash 4.
One of the reasons I stopped watching the series especially given their love for No Limit Fallacies.
Superman has entered the chat

Krankees

Smash Ace

I found it better to skip straight to the actual fight and pretend it's something like One Minute Melee where it's just a regular fight animation that's not meant to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I do agree that they went overboard in regards to Dante's regeneration. Also it was quite clear that the Death Battle hosts wanted to win when they put down "half demon, full awesome" in Dante's background. Fortunately if Dante gets in Smash it's highly unlikely that he'll have his regeneration powers, otherwise he'll just flat out destroy the game's meta even worse than Bayonetta did to Smash 4.

Superman has entered the chat
I found it better to skip straight to the actual fight and pretend it's something like One Minute Melee where there's no debate rules.
Bowser vs. Ganondorf is the one that irks me the most to this day.

By their logic he could defeat Superman, Godzilla, Thanos, Galactus, Darkseid, Hulk, heck any character without holy weapons for that matter all at once since that's the only way to kill him. Seriously Bowser had that fight in his hands.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, nothing suggest that Sakurai is a huge Fire Emblem fan besides all the things he said in his Byleth presentation where he listed every single game, how he included Roy before his game released, how Sakurai owns every single game, being a special guess at the 25th Anniversary Fire Emblem concert, literally had a whole interview of Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary, and how he's great with Smash Bros being used to promote the recent Fire Emblem games. The man loves Fire Emblem and we're up to eight. Sakurai had said that he's able to veto any character he wasn't on board with, so Nintendo may have wanted Byleth but Sakurai could've said no. Like come on, we literally so many instances of Sakurai's love for the series, you really think it was a big coincidence that there's so much representation? I guess it's also a coincidence that majority of Kirby's representation only comes from game Sakurai directed.

You say that doesn't seem like the behavior of a FE fan when he said he was reluctant about Corrin and the excuse for Byleth... but still happened. We got those characters. So I don't know what you're going on about.
That’s not my point lol. My point is nothing suggests he favours fire emblem due to bias. The last 2 characters were confirmed to be added at Nintendo’s Request while others are based solely on moveset potential, easy to develop because they are a clone or in Marths case to represent fire emblem in Nintendo’s crossover fighting game as it would need to be represented in their own fighting game. Seriously knock it off with the absurd agenda stuff. Sakurai May be a fan but nowadays it doesn’t influence his decision as he has quite literally confirmed he didn’t pick the modern fe characters and has said he thinks that Corrin was maybe much. He may be a fan but in the modern era which funnily enough you don’t seem to pay much attention to, he doesn’t base his selection on bias

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I pretty much don't wanna say "high chances for characters" because it just feels unfair for everyone. Sure they are viable, but it would be best to set everyone on an even plane.

Just know that Sakurai has the occasional curveball every now and then.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
That’s not my point lol. My point is nothing suggests he favours fire emblem due to bias. The last 2 characters were confirmed to be added at Nintendo’s Request while others are based solely on moveset potential, easy to develop because they are a clone or in Marths case to represent fire emblem in Nintendo’s crossover fighting game as it would need to be represented in their own fighting game. Seriously knock it off with the absurd agenda stuff. Sakurai May be a fan but nowadays it doesn’t influence his decision as he has quite literally confirmed he didn’t pick the modern fe characters and has said he thinks that Corrin was maybe much. He may be a fan but in the modern era which funnily enough you don’t seem to pay much attention to, he doesn’t base his selection on bias
Literally Sakurai had said that if he isn't on board with Nintendo's request then he would cancel that character. Nintendo and Sakurai had to discuss the character to come to an agreement, and also said that if they don't agree then it's not happening. Sakurai also said that he doesn't cancel a character due to lack of ideas. This is the process that Sakurai stated today, this is the same process that was used to decide the last patch of DLC. Sakurai didn't just role over on his back and let Nintendo take full control without his approve, what they were doing now for Vol 2 is the same thing they did for Vol 1. Which means that Sakurai had to approve of Byleth. Sakurai could've said "I don't agree with this character, lets do something else" and cancel the character right then and there if he was agreed that there was too many Fire Emblem characters, but instead he agreed with it and went through with it. Sakurai himself was okay with ending Ultimate off with Byleth, he knew there was going to be backlash, he still had the power to say no to Nintendo's pick, and yet he still went through with it. I guess it's easy to ignore that Sakurai still had some control when it came to DLC and just have Nintendo be the ones who tied Sakurai up and forced him into including Byleth.

Also Sakurai was the one to include Robin, a modern Fire Emblem character. Sakurai was also the one who decided to do Corrin, not Nintendo. He may have thought that Corrin was too much, but he still went with it. It literally doesn't matter if Sakurai though it was excessive when he himself still went with the idea, that initial is pointless. So if Sakurai had the ability to say no to a character and already thinks that there's enough Fire Emblem character then why did he not just say "No" to Nintendo's request when he stated that he had that ability to do so?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Literally Sakurai had said that if he isn't on board with Nintendo's request then he would cancel that character. Nintendo and Sakurai had to discuss the character to come to an agreement, and also said that if they don't agree then it's not happening. Sakurai also said that he doesn't cancel a character due to lack of ideas. This is the process that Sakurai stated today, this is the same process that was used to decide the last patch of DLC. Sakurai didn't just role over on his back and let Nintendo take full control without his approve, what they were doing now for Vol 2 is the same thing they did for Vol 1. Which means that Sakurai had to approve of Byleth. Sakurai could've said "I don't agree with this character, lets do something else" and cancel the character right then and there if he was agreed that there was too many Fire Emblem characters, but instead he agreed with it and went through with it. Sakurai himself was okay with ending Ultimate off with Byleth, he knew there was going to be backlash, he still had the power to say no to Nintendo's pick, and yet he still went through with it. I guess it's easy to ignore that Sakurai still had some control when it came to DLC and just have Nintendo be the ones who tied Sakurai up and forced him into including Byleth.

Also Sakurai was the one to include Robin, a modern Fire Emblem character. Sakurai was also the one who decided to do Corrin, not Nintendo. He may have thought that Corrin was too much, but he still went with it. It literally doesn't matter if Sakurai though it was excessive when he himself still went with the idea, that initial is pointless. So if Sakurai had the ability to say no to a character and already thinks that there's enough Fire Emblem character then why did he not just say "No" to Nintendo's request when he stated that he had that ability to do so?
He still said he had a different character in mind when talking about Byleth. He may be okay with adding Byleth, but we still don’t know if he would or could actually say no to a character just because of his own bias and he still would’ve preferred someone else anyway.

Also, he only went with Corrin because his staff convinced him they’d be fun and unique.

Plus, he said he wants to make other people happy. I very much doubt he’s going solely by his own bias as you seem to imply, or even let his bias affect his decisions against characters at all. Heck, for all we know, he probably hasn’t actually denied any characters yet. The translation doesn’t necessarily mean he did.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
He still said he had a different character in mind when talking about Byleth. He may be okay with adding Byleth, but we still don’t know if he would or could actually say no to a character just because of his own bias and he still would’ve preferred someone else anyway.

Also, he only went with Corrin because his staff convinced him they’d be fun and unique.

Plus, he said he wants to make other people happy. I very much doubt he’s going solely by his own bias as you seem to imply, or even let his bias affect his decisions against characters at all.
And female corrin was nice. I see no bias. Just Nintendo liking fe.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Can Sakurai just give us more alternate colors for easy DLC? I'd throw money just for Incineroar alternates alone. The potential is there for many colors, I had to make concepts for what I'd like to see. Pardon my poor Photoshop for some of them.

I know Sakurai probably views Mii costumes as a better investment than new recolors, but damn man, I miss Wario's missing Brawl skins and Fire Mario :/.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Plus, he said he wants to make other people happy. I very much doubt he’s going solely by his own bias as you seem to imply, or even let his bias affect his decisions against characters at all. Heck, for all we know, he probably hasn’t actually denied any characters yet. The translation doesn’t necessarily mean he did.
Yeah, they convince him after he suggested the character. We're just going to keep ignoring that part because it doesn't work in a lot of people's favor.

Also the "he said he wants to make other people happy" literally means nothing. People were happy with Piranha Plant. People were happy with Byleth. At this point people will be happy with any character that they include. It doesn't matter anymore what the character is, they can choose character that people barely asked for and people would be happy with. It's the act of adding characters that are making people happy and Sakurai knows that. He's letting Nintendo decided the character and just approves or cancel them, so the only thing he can do to make people happy is by making whatever character they decided on to be fun to play as and that's it. Can't really say Sakurai is trying to add the characters that people want when it's Nintendo who's making the decisions.

Sakurai is a great developer, but he ain't perfect.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Oof there goes Lloyd's chances. Heihachi it'll be if Namco gets another rep.
As I said before, go to the link Judge provided and look at the date this was posted. This was posted July 10th, 2012, which was before even Smash 4 was even released. In other words, this was before the Smash Ballot was released, so who knows how Harada decided that Heihachi was the "most popular" Bamco character (was it random polls, twitter comments, or something else I wonder). I'm just saying that if we are going to pretend Sakurai's comment about implementation from 8 years ago means nothing for Heihachi, then this equally means nothing for Lloyd and Tales of as a whole, considering its been 8 years since then and popularity within this fandom is fickle (remember when Krystal was one of the most popular requests?) and the Smash Ballot probably was a little better of an indicator then whatever Harada and Namco used. Also, popularity within the fandom might not even mean that much for the Fighter Pass 2, considering this was chosen by Nintendo this time.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
So it appears Nintendo is pretty angry right now.

View attachment 263038

View attachment 263039

Apparently since the Pokemon leak, Nintendo has begun going after and finding leakers and their sources more often now.
welp...
Also, Sakurai said he doesn't care about console wars back in 2016, so why the **** would he care about a character being in PSASBR first?
LOL did people forget MGR Raiden is a summonable Spirit in Ultimate? he's the first ever case of PSASBR-debuted character being in Smash

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Xenosaga was kind of a flop of a franchise (which was pubicly admitted by its creators IIRC)
despite KOS-MOS hefty drop in her position to be in smash, i don't see a pitched remaster failling market research being some indication that another Xenosaga release would be a flop, especially when the first Xenosaga game did manage to successfully sell over a million copies.

maybe normal re-releases will do (like DMC is doing on the Switch atm), just not a full-fledged remaster like maybe OoT3D or FF7Re or Xenoblade DE.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah, they convince him after he suggested the character. We're just going to keep ignoring that part because it doesn't work in a lot of people's favor.

Also the "he said he wants to make other people happy" literally means nothing. People were happy with Piranha Plant. People were happy with Byleth. At this point people will be happy with any character that they include. It doesn't matter anymore what the character is, they can choose character that people barely asked for and people would be happy with. It's the act of adding characters that are making people happy and Sakurai knows that. He's letting Nintendo decided the character and just approves or cancel them, so the only thing he can do to make people happy is by making whatever character they decided on to be fun to play as and that's it. Can't really say Sakurai is trying to add the characters that people want when it's Nintendo who's making the decisions.

Sakurai is a great developer, but he ain't perfect.
Or maybe I didn’t remember that he suggested Corrin or an FE character :/

And we still don’t know if he did or can veto characters just because “nah I don’t like them.” It’s not far-fetched to think Nintendo suggested Joker and Terry. He said himself he had a different character than Byleth in mind.

I really, really don’t think he’s this completely biased dude, plus he should still get picks of his own anyway, he’s the head dev behind it all. They still listen to fans and it isn’t unreasonable to think another pick like Banjo & Kazooie could happen (he could’ve said no then) / at least one or two promotions. They probably won’t, but still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom