• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i suppose I could restart my Shield playthrough. I've been out of it for so long and with the new DLC I figure i might as well start fresh

D

Deleted member

So when is that Famitsu column coming again?
Tomorrow or about like 18 hours from now.

The column itself apparently gets leaked a couple hours before it releases, so I'm curious as to what could possibly be leaked.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When do they announce spirit events?
I don't think there's a set pattern or anything. If they're tied to a game, I think it's very close to their release date, before or after by less than a week?

But I don't remember well enough to give a proper answer.

D

Deleted member

Turns out that Zippo and Emily were right about the Animal Crossing Direct
Maybe we'll get a general Direct next week and maybe a character reveal by then?
Not Smash related, but I can't wait for this direct. New Leaf was a relaxing game and I enjoyed all of the new editions it introduced to the series like town set pieces, Isabelle, and the resort island. Can't wait to see what New Horizons brings to the table.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
When do they announce spirit events?
The Japanese Smash Bros. account usually announce either spirit or online tournament events on Tuesday evenings (at least from where I'm from). So it could be within an hour or so. However, they don't really alternate so there isn't a pattern.

Tomorrow or about like 18 hours from now.

The column itself apparently gets leaked a couple hours before it releases, so I'm curious as to what could possibly be leaked.
Considering that the next column is supposed to be about Fighters Pass 2, a lot of people are eager to know what it will be about in regards to what the next several challenger packs would contain or how the selection process went down.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
No Smash news is whatever, but the absolute dearth of any Nintendo titles for the rest of the year is horrible. Like, they really think Fire Emblem alone was going to carry all of February with its puny DLC?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
No Smash news is whatever, but the absolute dearth of any Nintendo titles for the rest of the year is horrible. Like, they really think Fire Emblem alone was going to carry all of February with its puny DLC?
Yeah, it is kind of strange how bare Nintendo's 2020 is so far. So far we only know 3 games are coming out this year for sure: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Animal Crossing, and the Xenoblade remake. 2 of those 3 will be out by the end of next month. Something has gone off the rails backstage or Furukawa is really going all in on this new DLC-focused business model.

Then again, Nintendo generally has a bare first half of the year before bringing their A-game in the second half, so who knows. Did anyone go into the March 2018 direct thinking Smash would announced?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New tournament, called it. Characters from the 90’s like Cloud (1997), Pokémon (1996 I think), pretty sure Captain Falcon is there too (1990)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
A light early year is literally how every Nintendo release schedule starts before they announce their summer games. Also, gonna take a guess and say y'all didn't even play FE or it's DLC.

They'll announce stuff when it's ready. Y'all gotta chill.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
New tournament, called it. Characters from the 90’s like Cloud (1997), Pokémon (1996 I think), pretty sure Captain Falcon is there too (1990)
Geez, that's a cool thumbnail for the tournament. Between this and the Melee one, whoever does these clearly has a love for what they do and an attention to detail.

D

Deleted member

[twitter post]
Oh boy we're going back to the 90s! This definitely means we're getting a 2000s themed tourney at some point.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Plays "Running in the 90s" from Initial D

On the plus side, we don't have any deconfirmations this week. Unless of course we have a sudden repeat of the previous speculation cycle's game of "Guess Who" prior to Byleth's reveal.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the pokemon screen is so weird, im assuming they used the flat zone stage to get the coloring

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, no disconfirmation from Spirits this week.

Just basically have to wait for that Famitsu column to leak, and while I don't expect disconfirmations of any kind, I do feel as though there may be something that'll be worth talking about with it.

We can only hope!

Dinoman96

Smash Master
These are the characters we can expect to be playable for these kind of tourneys.

This image was made before Byleth's announcement, before anyone asks.

Man Ultimate did a lot for 90s boomer kids. Bringing Wolf, Young Link, Pichu and PT/Ivysaur and Squirtle back, as well as adding in King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Richter, and Terry Bogard.

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
We're safe for another week. But how long until the next dreaded deconfirm?

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Well, no disconfirmation from Spirits this week.

Just basically have to wait for that Famitsu column to leak, and while I don't expect disconfirmations of any kind, I do feel as though there may be something that'll be worth talking about with it.

We can only hope!
I’m honestly still confused about the whole Spirits/Spirit Events do or don’t deconfirm possible fighters.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
We haven't had deaths in a while, have we? To be honest, I thought we were getting a Puyo Spirit event to promote the new release in the west.

Something tells me that we're not due for a death for a while. But when we are, it's going to be tragic as hell. Like, an upset(ting reveal) of one of the frontrunners getting taken out of the running.

But for now, we don't have to deal with people mourning their lost Smash contenders. And we should cherish that.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Finally made one of those DLC tier lists.
my-image.jpg

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I’m honestly still confused about the whole Spirits/Spirit Events do or don’t deconfirm possible fighters.
It is unlikely that they would make a spirit board for a game just to turn around and do it again for a DLC character, especially if the IP is 3rd party. The only games I see getting in that has had a DLC spirit event are Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I want to add to the Cooking Mama in Smash train that took off today. And yeah we need more DS love, tons of great franchises and characters got their starts there.

D

Deleted member

I want to add to the Cooking Mama in Smash train that took off today. And yeah we need more DS love, tons of great franchises and characters got their starts there.
Isn't Cooking Mama getting a new Switch game from what I've heard?

Faso115

Smash Lord
Man the 2000's really need some love.

Dark Samus is it for SSBU. Hell, 4 had more 2000 reps.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Cooking Mama getting a new Switch game from what I've heard?
Yes, it was talked about a few pages ago. The new Cooking Mama game is coming in March.
We haven't had deaths in a while, have we? To be honest, I thought we were getting a Puyo Spirit event to promote the new release in the west.

Something tells me that we're not due for a death for a while. But when we are, it's going to be tragic as hell. Like, an upset(ting reveal) of one of the frontrunners getting taken out of the running.

But for now, we don't have to deal with people mourning their lost Smash contenders. And we should cherish that.
We haven't really had much for character deconfirmations thus far in speculating whoever is in Fighters Pass 2. Other than some spirit events and the very likely deconfirmation of Doom Slayer (due to id Software saying they haven't been approached about Smash, but we'll see) there hasn't been too much going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom