• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Having an animal crossing direct before a general direct makes a bit of sense. It would make room for more news so animal crossing doesn't take up a majority of a general direct. I know people complained before when "general" directs had one game take up a majority of the presentation.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Maybe we'll get a general Direct next week and maybe a character reveal by then?
long have we waited
for animal crossing information
indeed.jpg

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
i also want to see vergil as a mii costume that would be glorious.
Mii Fighter costumes of Vergil, Nero, and possibly Lady are a given if Dante makes it in.

There's another character I hope comes with Dante as a Mii Fighter costume, even though he's less likely since he's not a Devil May Cry character...

Not only that, I hope his Mii Fighter costume is "deluxe" like Sans and Cuphead so that it comes with a remix of this track...

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
I'm back with a new avatar. If you've seen the Japanese dub of Gohan vs. Super Buu or if you've even watch Dragon Ball Z, you know where this is going.

Also, what is this about two directs in the same month? I don't know if that's ever happened before, because there's usually always one Nintendo Direct any random month.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
I'm back with a new avatar. If you've seen the Japanese dub of Gohan vs. Super Buu or if you've even watch Dragon Ball Z, you know where this is going.

Also, what is this about two directs in the same month? I don't know if that's ever happened before, because there's usually always one Nintendo Direct any random month.
We have had multiple directs in the same month before, last February was both a general direct and a Pokemon direct.

In fact look at this, during the Wii U era there were multiple times where there multiple directs in the same month.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct#List_of_presentations

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Hold up! She just made a grilled crayon sandwich!

View attachment 262891
Ralph Wiggum: (Crying)

Chief Wiggum: Sorry Ralphie, It looks like your recipe has been rejected for the contest.

Ralph Wiggum: I want to be in the bakeoff !!!

Chief Wiggum: Now I thought your Grilled Crayon Sandwhich was delicious !!!

Ralph Wiggum: You only took a pretend bite !!!

Chief Wiggum: No, Look I'm eating it, See? (Reluctantly takes a forced bite and swallows)

Ralph Wiggum: Can you taste the thumbtacks?

Chief Wiggum: ... Aw Crap.

toonito

Smash Ace
I don't think we're playing the game anymore but here's my list
download.png

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, there's some kind of direct for Animal Crossing. I'm not into that series, so there ain't much for me. Though a lot of other people have been waiting on it, so it can't be all that bad. Thems the breaks and all that.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Not surprised by this news at all. It makes perfect sense to have an Animal Crossing Direct at this time, seeing as it's a major title and releases in a month. To be honest, a general Direct with a Smash announcement at this time would be a little too soon I feel, since Byleth hasn't even been out for a month yet.

Personally speaking, I'm fine waiting some time for another Smash reveal. Now that Fighter's Pass 1 is complete, I have less of a craving for Smash news since a big part of anticipating reveals was the lack of knowledge on who the next fighter would be, such as trying to figure out who the final fighter of Pass 1 was. But now that it's complete and there's a new pass starting, the wait feels easier since we're starting fresh, with a whole new set of fighters again.

Also, I strongly recommend playing other games besides Smash as a way to pass time when there's no news. Playing a lengthy and enjoyable game always helps me pass the time when waiting for Smash info, as it gives something besides Smash to give your attention and thoughts to.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Its too late to have another one in Feburary.
The government gave us leap year with the intention of giving Nintendo one more day to announce a general Direct in February.
It all lines up.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ah, bummer about no AC Direct. What a shame.

Oh well, the game is out in about a month now, it doesn't really matter at this point.
Well this aged poorly.

I'll gladly take it, though. This news has me more hyped than a General would, NGL: Hoping they have great things for us in that AC Direct!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
For the non-AC fans, the wait for a general direct continues...

...and it will definitely be next week, I swear.
Meanwhile, Animal Crossing fans over here lookin' at people's reactions to this news like:

c744174b5e85827ed34744f84b68fec87a7e705ar1-332-187v2_00.jpg

Real talk, the next General will probably come mid-March. I'm sure people only gotta wait just a bit longer.

D

Deleted member

For the non-AC fans, the wait for a general direct continues...

...and it will definitely be next week, I swear.
I'm just gonna watch it for the content.

Who knows if they will announce the Direct there.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Also, I strongly recommend playing other games besides Smash as a way to pass time when there's no news. Playing a lengthy and enjoyable game always helps me pass the time when waiting for Smash info, as it gives something besides Smash to give your attention and thoughts to.
I'm suffering from gamer's block right now. I got nothing new to play and I've already played and beaten all of my other games to death. All the games I would like to play are either too expensive for me, on a console I don't own or flat out don't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom