• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Everyone else is posting their own wishlists and I've been giving people there photoshopped wishlists so here is mine.

View attachment 262630
This is the only list I've seen I'd 100% back. Not because I want ALL of them but because it's a solid spread of series types. Also Axel and Cortez would make it auto buy in a heartbeat anyway but...yeah. Solid spread of genres and companies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm glad I managed to spark off another round of fan passes.

Thing that's most surprising me is how much Travis I'm seeing.

ah **** it might as well
2/6
I see some people are using FP2 templates to show their most wanted characters, so I thought I would actually make one for once, rather then being boring and typing it down.
1/6
1.5/6
Since I'm unable to make my own templates. Could I request someone to make my wishlist/dreams and predictions of mine?
Wishlist/Dreams:
2/6
On the topic of making Smash Bros wants list, I made two. I made one for myself--in my signature, and another for friends I know. I also cheated by adding a bonus Sol Badguy because why limit myself?
3.5/7
Already replied with my 100+ character roster (which wasn't really a true want list for DLC due to its unrealistic size and many characters that I didn't really prioritize that much), but that probably would have been more appropriate for a "Perfect Roster" or "Infinite DLC" type question, so I wanted to throw my more realistically sized FP format into the ring. These characters I would actually be over the moon for if any of them got in.
3/6
We posting wishlists? 'Aight:
1/5
Here's my dream fighter's pass.
0.5/6
I made this some time ago.
0.5/6
Anyone wanna do my 6 character wishlist of the following?
1.5/6
Postan my pipe-dream pass.
0/6
Guess I'll repost this since we posting passes
2/6
Yes! I've been waiting for a chance to show this:
2.5/6
Hope I'm not too late, but here's my dream pass:
3/6
Reposting my ideal fighters pass, because that's the cool thing to do, apparently.
2/6
Everyone else is posting their own wishlists and I've been giving people there photoshopped wishlists so here is mine.
1/6

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I feel like it would help if you gave a reason for the rating, or at least included which of the six (or in one case, seven) character choices that you liked. As of now, just posting a number seems low-effort, for the lack of a better word.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So I've been thinking of a game here on this thread and even though we like to talk about the characters of course, we sometimes forget the stages.
So here's the game.

Choose six stages from six games you own that you would want in Smash but they have to be from one console all together.
Six stages all from Nintendo Switch games or six stages all from Game Boy for instance.

So to lead the example.
I choose Nintendo Switch.

1. Future Gadget Laboratory (Steins Gate Elite)
2. The Summit (Celeste)
3. Kingdom of Uraya (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
4. Astral Plane (Astral Chain)
5. Shibuya Concert (Tokyo Mirage Session #FE)
6. Ancient Gardens (Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle)

So just thought thinking about stages would be nice with a game.
1. Shinshu field (Okami)
2. Scuttle Town (Shantae)
3. Kingdom of Uraya (Xenoblade 2)
4. Nine Wood Hills (World of Final Fantasy)
5. Aqua Road (Sonic Forces)
6. Astral Plane (Astral Chain)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I like this list so very much! Who made that render of Crono? Was it Smashified? Also that Axel image looks clean! Glad to see some Streets of Rage appreciation!
Yeah the Crono render smashified. It's one of cleanest renders I've ever seen them do. It looks fantastic.

This is the only list I've seen I'd 100% back. Not because I want ALL of them but because it's a solid spread of series types. Also Axel and Cortez would make it auto buy in a heartbeat anyway but...yeah. Solid spread of genres and companies.
Thanks man! The only problem it has is that it's lacking in the modern department and no female reps. Oh well, I just like these characters because they're awesome.

I feel like it would help if you gave a reason for the rating, or at least included which of the six (or in one case, seven) character choices that you liked.
I think I remember him say that it's based on how likely he thinks these characters will appear in the pass.

Very glad that you also see how likely Cortez is for Smash Bros!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1/6
I'm glad another person wants Hornet from Daytona USA in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

2/6
1/6
1.5/6
2/6
3.5/7
3/6
1/5
0.5/6
0.5/6
1.5/6
0/6
2/6
2.5/6
3/6
2/6
1/6
Since these numbers have no actual value and most people don't appreciate when you do this, why don't you just keep them to yourself unless otherwise asked? Your typical "not my problem" response is pretty callous to the numerous times people have voiced some issue with them.

SKX31

Smash Master
OK so minor little niggle that isn't too big a deal mind but as someone who has been playing the game recently and digging it I noticed a good chunk of lads calling the character "Ring Fit Adventurer" or "Ring Fit Trainer" but going by the actual game the name should really be Ring AND Trainer/Adventurer, since Ring itself is a separate entity.

It's minor yeah, but it's just like the whole Duck Hunt Dog thing when in the end they were just called...Duck Hunt(or Duo in some countries.)
OTOH, I do prefer RFA/T since it's A) an allusion to Wii Fit, which the character and home game is heavily based on and B) It's really easy to identify at-a-glance. The second reason is pretty much why I'm fine with Duck Hunt Duo's name even if it's inaccurate - yes the Zapper comes out often considering how DH plays, but I'm the kind of person who prefers easy-to-use shorthands over longer ones. Duck Hunt (Duo) conveys which game they're from, and while including Trio might be more accurate when you think about it - it would lead to a never-ending flood of people asking "y trio? its just a dog and duck!" questions. Including on social media. (EDIT: That question would not be invalid - the Zapper's very much in the background of Duck Hunt)

Yea, Ring and Trainer would be more true - but Ring Fit would convey things much better IMHO.

I'm also doing my realistic/dream combo (three expected, three dream) FP2 in text format since I suck a Photoshop:

1. KOS-MOS
2. Dante
3. Ring Fit Adventurer
4. MOBA representative - going with LoL's Ahri as the most notable out of the bunch.
5. Ryu Hayabusa
6. Master Chief

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
We need Street Fighter III music, period. All the Street Fighter music in Smash right now is only rips of Street Fighter II music, plus 4 remixes, 2 of which were re-used from Smash 4.
Yeah, the lack of SFIII music hurts me.

Not having these songs, among others, is a crime in my eyes.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
My ideal pass

CP6: Darkrai (Pokemon)
CP7: Thief (MapleStory)
CP8: Male Slayer (Dungeon Fighter Online)
CP9: Madolche Puddingcess (Yu gi oh)
CP10: Susanoo (Blazblue)
CP11: Waluigi (Mario Series)
a Yugioh monster on a wishlist is something i have to respect. rathalos AT vs. Bue Eyes AT lets go.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I feel like it would help if you gave a reason for the rating
Hell yeah! =1
That's fine. = .5
Do not want = 0
As of now, just posting a number seems low-effort, for the lack of a better word.
If someone actually cares what I think, they'll ask me to elaborate. If they don't care there's no reason for me to waste their time.
Edit: DarthEnderX DarthEnderX Question tho, who’s the 1 and who’s the .5
Amaterasu = 1
Bandana Dee = .5
that bad?
There is not good or bad. Just how much our tastes align.
What's the .5 for?
Waddledaddle.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't even know if I could make a pass with six characters who have a realistic chance of getting in. All I want is a Gen 8 Pokemon and a new Zelda character. Give me that and I'm content.

D

Deleted member

I don't even know if I could make a pass with six characters who have a realistic chance of getting in. All I want is a Gen 8 Pokemon and a new Zelda character. Give me that and I'm content.
That is why I'm not bold enough to do predictions. We don't have anything to infer from regarding future fighters. All we have is a Legend of Zelda Mii Costume, but that's about it.

D

Deleted member

If someone actually cares what I think, they'll ask me to elaborate. If they don't care there's no reason for me to waste their time.
Then I shall ask. Which character is 1 point for? What did the others ever do to you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Okay, here's something that should be fun so long as people respect each other's opinions.

Select six characters for the second pass: three you really want, and three you don't want at all. Using only the knowledge other users have of you, see if they can separate the ones you want from the ones you don't want. You can make it easy or difficult depending on who you choose. If you want to make it hard, pick popular characters you don't want and unpopular characters you do want

Here's mine. Shouldn't be too difficult if you've read a few of my posts. I purposely avoided using many characters from my signature, so don't bother cheating off of that.

Wolf Link and Midna
Geno
Steve
Zacian/Zamazenta
Crash Bandicoot
Sylux

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay, here's something that should be fun so long as people respect each other's opinions.
top 10 quotes that precede disaster

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Select six characters for the second pass: three you really want, and three you don't want at all. Using only the knowledge other users have of you, see if they can separate the ones you want from the ones you don't want. You can make it easy or difficult depending on who you choose. If you want to make it hard, pick popular characters you don't want and unpopular characters you do want

Here's mine. Shouldn't be too difficult if you've read a few of my posts. I purposely avoided using many characters from my signature, so don't bother cheating off of that.

Wolf Link and Midna
Geno
Steve
Zacian/Zamazenta
Crash Bandicoot
Sylux
You want:
Steve, Zacian, Sylux?
You don't want:
Wolf Link, Geno, Crash

My list:
Jonesy
Doomguy
Isaac
Rillaboom/Cinderace/Inteleon
Bandana Dee
Frisk

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Morrigan [Darkstalkers]
KOS-MOS [Xenosaga]
Arle Nadja [Puyo Puyo]
Shantae [Shantae]
Reimu [Touhou]
Jill Valentine [Resident Evil]

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You want:
Steve, Zacian, Sylux?
You don't want:
Wolf Link, Geno, Crash

My list:
Jonesy
Doomguy
Isaac
Rillaboom/Cinderace/Inteleon
Bandana Dee
Frisk
You were really close, but there's two that need to be switched out.

Want: Zacian/Zamazenta, Wolf Link and Midna, Steve
Don't want: Geno, Crash, and Sylux

Sylux was the tricky one. I would want him for the sake of having another Metroid character, but aside from that, I have no attachment to him. Wolf Link and Midna were two characters I really wanted, and I'm sad they missed out.

For you, I'm guessing...

Want: Isaac, BWD, and Doomguy
Don't want: Rillaboom/Cinderace/Inteleon, Jonesy, and Frisk

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Wolf Link and Midna
Geno
Steve
Zacian/Zamazenta
Crash Bandicoot
Sylux
Here's mine:
1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
2. Poochy (Yoshi)
3. Shake King (Wario)
4. Geno (Mario)
5. Lylod (Tales)
6. Jonsey (Fortnite)

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Wolf Link and Midna
Geno
Steve
Zacian/Zamazenta
Crash Bandicoot
Sylux
Okay, sounds pretty decent. I'm going to go for characters I would like and characters I don't care much about so I'm a little less transparent. I havve talked about these characters so they aren't picked out of the blue.

Jin Kazama
Lloyd Irving
James Sunderland
Master Chief
Sol Badguy
2B

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Wolf Link and Midna
Geno
Steve
Zacian/Zamazenta
Crash Bandicoot
Sylux
Tracer
Arle Nadja
Shantae
Geno
Steve
Neku Sakuraba

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman

Wolf Link and Midna
Geno
Steve
Zacian/Zamazenta
Crash Bandicoot
Sylux
Well one of mine is obvious, the others aren't so much.

Isaac
Steve
Dante
Crash
Skull Kid
Ryu Hayabusa

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Wolf Link and Midna
Geno
Steve
Zacian/Zamazenta
Crash Bandicoot
Sylux
2B
Lloyd
Dr.Eggman
Monokuma
Arle
Travis

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If I get any of these wrong, I'll see if someone else can get them right.

Morrigan [Darkstalkers]
KOS-MOS [Xenosaga]
Arle Nadja [Puyo Puyo]
Shantae [Shantae]
Reimu [Touhou]
Jill Valentine [Resident Evil]
Want: Morrigan, Reimu, and Jill Valentine
Don't want: KOS-MOS, Arle Nadja, and Shantae

Here's mine:
1. Bandana Dee (Wario)
2. Poochy (Wario)
3. Shake King (Wario)
4. Geno (Mario)
5. Lylod (Tales)
6. Jonsey (Fortnite)
Yours is easy because two of your wants are really rare requests.

Want: BWD, Poochy, and Shake King
Don't want: Geno, Lloyd, and Jonsey

Okay, sounds pretty decent. I'm going to go for characters I would like and characters I don't care much about so I'm a little less transparent. I havve talked about these characters so they aren't picked out of the blue.

Jin Kazama
Lloyd Irving
James Sunderland
Master Chief
Sol Badguy
2B
This one is tough.

Want: Jin Kazama, James Sunderland, and Sol Badguy
Don't want: Lloyd Irving, Master Chief, and 2B

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna try to rate everyone's but I will address how I feel about as many of the characters I noticed as possible.

Ryu Hayabusa, Kos-Mos, Ring Fit Girl, Elma, 2B, Sol, Travis, and Nightmare are probably reasonable choices in their own right, but I'm positive I wouldn't buy them.
Crash, Sora, Rayman, Hat Kid, and Hollow Night are also decent choices that I don't have much interest in, but might be suckered into buying if they look fun.
Doomslayer, Isaac, Bandanna Dee, Neku, and Phoenix Wright were never my most-wanteds, but I would like them to be added for their own reasons.
Waluigi, Geno, Master Chief, Scorpion, Dante, and Lloyd are all characters I would buy without hesitation.

Arle would probably make me skip the fighter's pass outright, but problem is, she's already practically confirmed. Nintendo most definitely picked her. It's not really being hidden all that well.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Wolf Link and Midna
Geno
Steve
Zacian/Zamazenta
Crash Bandicoot
Sylux
Might be tough because I'm not that active but let's try:
Ring fit adventurer
Sylux
Bandana dee
Crash Bandicoot
Amaterasu
Ty the Tasmanian tiger

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If I get any of these wrong, I'll see if someone else can get them right.

Want: Morrigan, Reimu, and Jill Valentine
Don't want: KOS-MOS, Arle Nadja, and Shantae

Yours is easy because two of your wants are really rare requests.

Want: BWD, Poochy, and Shake King
Don't want: Geno, Lloyd, and Jonsey

This one is tough.

Want: Jin Kazama, James Sunderland, and Sol Badguy
Don't want: Lloyd Irving, Master Chief, and 2B
What do you mean two of my most wanted are "Really rare requests"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom