• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Plus, there's not much precedents set since this is the second time Smash has done DLC and it's the first time they've supported it to this extent.

Do spirits deconfirm? Who knows?
Can Assist trophies be upgraded? Beats me!
What about Poké Ball Pokémon? We'll see...
Spirits added in later aren't becoming playable.
Assist Trophies are never getting upgraded because the character is represented in the game and that's good for Nintendo & Sakurai.
And they're not going to upgrade miscellaneous Pokemons from prior gens into being playable. Only current Pokemon that's either a starter like Greninja or Incineroar, a legendary like Mewtwo, or a pseudo-legendary like Lucario are the only viable Pokemons that will ever be playable.
These are not fan rules, it's a fact and logical choices based off of the mentality that Sakurai & Nintendo have when deciding characters.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean of no disrespect but it really annoys me how people are treating coronavirus as the next black plague when it's nowhere to being as dangerous as it is.

Like it's bad but not that bad. Remember the swine flu an decade ago? No? Well still here.

Besides scientists said you should be more concern about the common flu.

D

Deleted member

I mean of no disrespect but it really annoys me how people are treating coronavirus as the next black plague when it's nowhere to being as dangerous as it is.

Like it's bad but not that bad. Remember the swine flu an decade ago? No? Well still here.

People tend to overreact sometimes. Can't be helped. -_-

Umm...let's not discuss this further...

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
And they're not going to upgrade miscellaneous Pokemons from prior gens into being playable. Only current Pokemon that's either a starter like Greninja or Incineroar, a legendary like Mewtwo, or a pseudo-legendary like Lucario are the only viable Pokemons that will ever be playable.
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pichu, the first three Pokemon in the roster, do not fit this description.

Plus, Lucario isn't a pseudo-legendary. Pseudo-legendaries are Pokemon that have 3 evolution stages and a base stat total of 600.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I still throw up in my mouth thinking back to when people were vocally furious that a Direct was delayed due to a devastating earthquake striking Japan, leaving behind untold amounts of damage and literally taking innocent lives.
I can't and won't excuse the outrage, but the sorrow seems selective to me since Japan was hit by a typhoon only a day or two prior to the earthquake, but no one talks about those victims, because Nintendo didn't delay the Direct over that one.

And it's not like people here didn't know about the typhoon when it was happening, it's the storm that blew the N off the Nintendo sign.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

It is pretty bad in China when you hear what's actually happening there instead from the mouth from a really corrupt government. But going back on topic.....

Nintendo's aim with the DLC mostly is collabing with other companies with the Switch. As we seen with Banjo's inclusion in Smash contributing to Minecraft on Switch.

I'm sticking by Spirits not being promoted, base and post-base. A character from a game with no content represented in Ultimate would contribute to the crossover more than a spirit/AT upgrade.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Umm...let's not discuss this further...
Duty noted. It's funny though I used to be among those people when the swine flu happened. Man how much I've grown...but as you said enough talk of that.

P.S.: My condecoles still to the victims whose died from it and hoping for an fine recovery for those that had it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I've caught every single one of these deadly diseases over the past decade or so and I'm still A-ok. He'll I've probably developed an immunity since I haven't been sick in a long time lol

Those people overreacting would consider me a god.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Back on the topic of speculation, I wonder if anyone has recently made ridiculous theories on who FP6 might be, like what happened when people came up with the Partner Theory (prior to Terry), the S-M-A-S-H theory and the Color Theory.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pichu, the first three Pokemon in the roster, do not fit this description.

Plus, Lucario isn't a pseudo-legendary. Pseudo-legendaries are Pokemon that have 3 evolution stages and a base stat total of 600.
Pikachu is the mascot of the entire series, Jigglypuff was popular in the anime so it was obvious inclusion for the N64 cast, and Pichu was just a clone and easy to make.
Lucario got his own movie with Mew, psuedo-legendary probably isn't the right term but he's basically around that kind of status.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

These Pokémon are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydrigon, Goodra, Kommo-o, and Dragapult. Of these, Metagross is the only one that can appear during battle in any Super Smash Bros. game. Why am I telling you this? Because I like spitting out random facts. There is literally no other purpose.

Those people overreacting would consider me a god.
All hail lord Hadokeyblade!

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Back on the topic of speculation, I wonder if anyone has recently made ridiculous theories on who FP6 might be, like what happened when people came up with the Partner Theory (prior to Terry), the S-M-A-S-H theory and the Color Theory.
What do Joker, Hero, Banjo-Kazooie, Terry and Byleth have in common? The letter E in their name.

I think you know what I'm going with here. I henceforth propose the E Theory/Letter Theory. Every fighter in Pass 2 is going to share one letter in their names, whether it's E or something else in the alphabet.

Oh hey Dante has an E in the name. HMMMMMmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Lucario got his own movie with Mew, psuedo-legendary probably isn't the right term but he's basically around that kind of status.
Pseudo-legendary isn't a popularity thing. It's just a category. If it did indicate popularity than Dragonite, Tyranitar, Goodra, and Kommo-o wouldn't be one, nor would Dragapult as far as I've seen. They may be popular, but not anywhere near Lucaro, Zoroark, or Garchomp levels.

EDIT: What I mean to say is, your conclusion (that Lucario is popular enough to warrant a spot) is correct but your reasoning is not.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I love seeing E celebs angry over no directs because there's no REACTION VIDEO clout for them to get free money.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Terry didn't break partner theory. Their just in his spirit board silly!
32f0f57ccdf4044fa039c6ae5175d561.jpg

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
What do Joker, Hero, Banjo-Kazooie, Terry and Byleth have in common? The letter E in their name.

I think you know what I'm going with here. I henceforth propose the E Theory/Letter Theory. Every fighter in Pass 2 is going to share one letter in their names, whether it's E or something else in the alphabet.

In that case, here are some other characters who have the letter E in their name:
  • Master Chief
  • Arle
  • Geralt (yes he's originally a book character, just go with it)
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Steve
Got a feeling I'm missing someone
Terry didn't break partner theory. Their just in his spirit board silly!
Honestly, I wish there was a spirit battle with all three original members of Team Fatal Fury together in one spirit, could've been like the Kyo Kusanagi and Kim Kaphwan spirit battles.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Assist Trophies are never getting upgraded because the character is represented in the game and that's good for Nintendo & Sakurai.
Is this your opinion based on what you've seen or is there something more concrete that you can point to that definitively says Assist Trophies will never be upgraded? Because I don't know if you know this, but there's a clear-cut difference between opinions and statements of fact. Just because something is the current running trend and a somewhat safe and logical conclusion, that doesn't mean that it's a stalwart boundary that cannot be crossed whatsoever. There's a word for this kind of statement, it rhymes with "ban school", and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of people making statements along those lines.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Then... What about 2E from Nier Automata?

For anyone reading this do not search for the name if you didn't played the game and you want to lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait a minute.
Is that Ragna's voice actor as an effeminate wrestler???

Nice!
That is indeed Patrick Seitz but the character Ladiva is canonically a transwoman, not an effeminate man.

Clearly this means FP6 is yours truly, GwEn, for my neutral special, I wield a gun

blackghost

Smash Champion
How about an new game?

Characters that would fit as Season 2 Pass opener.

-2B
-Crash Bandicoot
-Dante
-Phoenix Wright
-Travis Touchdown

Are ones who comes to mind.
if that was the entire pass i'd be very happy. interesting characters and they'd be fun to play in game.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
These are not fan rules, it's a fact and logical choices based off of the mentality that Sakurai & Nintendo have when deciding characters.
I mean you can dress it up as fact, but Sakurai could just decide to do whatever he thinks will work and that could be any of those things. Everything seems logical and a rule, until it's suddenly not. The logical choice used to be that the character has to have been on a Nintendo system but now we have Cloud and Joker.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think any of those things are likely, but I'm still holding out for Assist Trophy promotions. I won't have anything to look forward to if I don't. Whether Sakurai sees them as represented or not, doesn't reflect how fans feel about it, and I would hope a decision made in 2015 isn't as set in stone as everyone makes it out to be as we enter 2020.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

SErgEant CortEz

This is a brilliant theory. Cortez is 100% confirmed now which makes me happy!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Clearly this means FP6 is yours truly, GwEn, for my neutral special, I wield a gun
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 3.12.20 PM.png

Is this your opinion based on what you've seen or is there something more concrete that you can point to that definitively says Assist Trophies will never be upgraded? Because I don't know if you know this, but there's a clear-cut difference between opinions and statements of fact. Just because something is the current running trend and a somewhat safe and logical conclusion, that doesn't mean that it's a stalwart boundary that cannot be crossed whatsoever. There's a word for this kind of statement, it rhymes with "ban school", and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of people making statements along those lines.
He has an axe to grind when it comes to ATs.

blackghost

Smash Champion

Pikachu is a starter in one of the games. pokemon yellow think.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
He has an axe to grind when it comes to ATs.
Is that so? Well I know a good place for him to put that axe...
In a closet, wrapped in a sturdy cloth and out of the reach of children. Safety first! :ultpacman:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

"X will NOT happen in Smash AND THAT'S A FACT! Everyone who doesn't agree with me is just delusional!"

I don't think spirit/AT promotions are likely either but dang dude you gotta get off your high horse.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

This is how Elma can still win...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There's a difference between forming an opinion from patterns and stating a fact that can't be argued against.

If you believe Spirits, ATs, or whatever else deconfirms a character, more power to you. Just don't act like it's anything more than a personal opinion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also in Pokémon Let's Go Eevee.
Well, at the time, Pikachu was a starter in the anime and in Yellow at best. Yellow was however based upon the anime, so either way, the anime inspired it to be a Starter.

That said, I think Wynn was mainly referring to the Fire/Water/Grass trio anyway.

Krankees

Smash Ace
All the dlc newcomers have 1 e in their name. E theory might be true.
EDIT: Dang it someone beat me to it.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I mean you can dress it up as fact, but Sakurai could just decide to do whatever he thinks will work and that could be any of those things. Everything seems logical and a rule, until it's suddenly not. The logical choice used to be that the character has to have been on a Nintendo system but now we have Cloud and Joker.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think any of those things are likely, but I'm still holding out for Assist Trophy promotions. I won't have anything to look forward to if I don't. Whether Sakurai sees them as represented or not, doesn't reflect how fans feel about it, and I would hope a decision made in 2015 isn't as set in stone as everyone makes it out to be as we enter 2020.
Then you're going to be waiting for a long time. What Sakurai & Nintendo want out weighs how the fans feel about it. To them everyone loves that these characters are in there so they're not going to back and make them playable when there's other characters to include, they want this to be the biggest crossover ever and they won't get there if they keep fluffing up the existing cast.

Have you not learn from Byleth that it doesn't matter what the fans think, they knew people were tired of Fire Emblem and they still thought it would be a good idea have the eighth FEA character as the last Fighter to be included in Smash. They'll keep making decisions that won't reflect how the fans feel about it. You got to just be lucky that your desire matches up with what Nintendo wants since Sakurai wants all control out of his hands.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Then you're going to be waiting for a long time. What Sakurai & Nintendo want out weighs how the fans feel about it. To them everyone loves that these characters are in there so they're not going to back and make them playable when there's other characters to include, they want this to be the biggest crossover ever and they won't get there if they keep fluffing up the existing cast.

Have you not learn from Byleth that it doesn't matter what the fans think, they knew people were tired of Fire Emblem and they still thought it would be a good idea have the eighth FEA character as the last Fighter to be included in Smash. They'll keep making decisions that won't reflect how the fans feel about it. You got to just be lucky that your desire matches up with what Nintendo wants since Sakurai wants all control out of his hands.
You have a really bad habit of thinking you speak for everyone.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
scoliosis liking this post
This is why there are people who act like you say "stop talking about this character, Nintendo earning slightly less money would be the worst thing ever"

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Well, at the time, Pikachu was a starter in the anime and in Yellow at best. Yellow was however based upon the anime, so either way, the anime inspired it to be a Starter.

That said, I think Wynn was mainly referring to the Fire/Water/Grass trio anyway.
*Gets critiqued on everything but the blatant misinformation of the post* lol

EDIT: Or maybe you just didn't think it worth mentioning and I'm not as clever as I think I am.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
scoliosis liking this post
This is why there are people who act like you say "stop talking about this character, Nintendo earning slightly less money would be the worst thing ever"
Why are you getting worked up over someone liking a post.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I get that a lot of people consider Byleth to be the most obvious Nintendo character for DLC, but didn't this thread believe for a solid 12 months that we were getting nothing but third-parties? Wasn't that the only logical assumption based off patterns and statements from various staff members from Nintendo?

These sorts of things can make your theory more believable, but they don't make it infallible. Every piece of evidence you gathered could be rendered useless in a single character reveal. That's why there are a few people who don't like it when certain theories are treated like gospel that can't be untrue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom