• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Again, they could honestly just give an option to Stage Builder to make layouts with breakable Targets in them (listed in their own stage section), allow you to upload them to the content share with everyone being able to showcase their best times for a level, let users give a recommendation/ruling as to what character(s) to play it with if they're more character specific and just call it a day. Don't know if people would get pissy if they didn't have some pre-made levels for all/some of the characters, but the idea as a whole is certainly better than nothing.
If we do get more characters I suspect an Echo Pack. Again not as time consuming and simply redone models of already existing ones.
Maybe that'd be a great way to finish off bolstering the roster with some fan requests cheaply shoved in there last minute; Octolings, and the stretches of Dixie and Shadow come to mind, but who else?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So just a heads up, for anyone who, in the past, requested an icon like one of those below, or wanted to know who I've made, I created a thread which will house them all! Right now I have 75 different ones. Hopefully you'll find yours there. If not, I am open to requests (though please make them in that thread, I don't want to derail this one too much).

Here's the link:
https://smashboards.com/threads/ultimate-siggy-icons-by-n3on.499876/

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maybe that'd be a great way to finish off bolstering the roster with some fan requests cheaply shoved in there last minute; Octolings, and the stretches of Dixie and Shadow come to mind, but who else?
Dixie and Octoling maybe but not Shadow as he's an assist.

Besides those two only ones I can think of that are requested would be Kasumi (:ultjoker:) and Impa (:ultsheik:).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dixie and Octoling maybe but not Shadow as he's an assist.

Besides those two only ones I can think of that are requested would be Kasumi (:ultjoker:) and Impa (:ultsheik:).
Medusa for :ultpalutena: and Black Shadow for :ultfalcon: are possibilities though they may get the Ken treatment

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
If a Direct is announced tomorrow for Wednesday I hope people don't take that as a sign of Mandy being credible. A Direct this week is a safe bet and it being on Wednesday is an even safer bet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If a Direct is announced tomorrow for Wednesday I hope people don't take that as a sign of Mandy being credible. A Direct this week is a safe bet and it being on Wednesday is an even safer bet.
feel like his TGA predictions were safe bets too, and him not knowing about the terry presentation was a red flag

also i found some sabi and leakypandy tweets in his likes despite him dissing sabi (and verge) earlier. hmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :bigthonk:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even if a Wednesday Direct happens, Mandy is ultimately going to live or die by whether Crash shows up next.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Not going to lie here, but I think Melee's adventure mode was the first good adventure mode, with Brawl's being the last (hate on me all you want for liking Subspace Emissary). Ultimate's Adventure Mode I found decent at points (such as ****ING GIGA BOWSER, Marx, and Galleom, the Street Fighter segment, and even the pop-quiz like Mysterious Space map), but the rest of the "Adventure" mode so they call it was just a borefest. Hell, it felt like forever trying to get Dedede!
Most of the good moments in WoL come from the sub areas. Like the Bowser's Castle, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Gourmet Race and Donkey Kong Country ones in the first half and the Castlevania one in the second. But a lot of the navigation feels like it drags on forever, particularly in the first half.

Like... getting to where Ganon and Marx are is such a chore in a 100% run, it's not even funny.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Aren't most direct on a Thursday? I wouldn't call Crash a lock if it's Wednesday (I need to see it to believe it), but I feel like the chance that he's just lucky if it happens on Wednesday are slim.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Aren't most direct on a Thursday? I wouldn't call Crash a lock if it's Wednesday (I need to see it to believe it), but I feel like the chance that he's just lucky if it happens on Wednesday are slim.
Not only do direct on Wednesdays happen more frequently than you'd think, but last year there was a direct in February that happened on a Wednesday.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Most of the good moments in WoL come from the sub areas. Like the Bowser's Castle, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Gourmet Race and Donkey Kong Country ones in the first half and the Castlevania one in the second. But a lot of the navigation feels like it drags on forever, particularly in the first half.

Like... getting to where Ganon and Marx are is such a chore in a 100% run, it's not even funny.
Don't remember Ganon's area. Marx was the one where you had to guess the correct character, and then battle all of the spirits anyway right?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So, I know this is a little off the topic, but Dragon Ball FighterZ (as it has a Fighters Pass similar to Smash Ultimate, but it's called the FighterZ Pass) had it's 3rd Season of DLC confirmed. I'm pretty excited for Kefla to join the DBFZ roster actually!
Let me know your thoughts on this.
Well yeah, it IS pretty exciting when they announce a character that's not a non-canon movie character or another Goku.

Unfortunately, the previous DLC for that game has been so much of the former two that I've already written off the game. Which sucks, because I used to be super hyped about that game. But I'm not giving them any more money so they can make more Gokus.

I would like to see the rest of the season be Roshi, Toppo and Bergamo though.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Don't remember Ganon's area. Marx was the one where you had to guess the correct character, and then battle all of the spirits anyway right?
Ganon's is divided into three areas corresponding to the Triforce pieces. You have to solve two puzzles in Wisdom and Courage to unlock Power, which is like 20-ish fights. Then there's about 10 more until you reach the top of the area, then after beating almost everyone you go down again.

Some areas just take way too long to complete sometimes. The quiz before Marx is a great idea on paper, but it overstays its welcome imo.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
10e. Ninten [Ness]
11e. Black Shadow [Captain Falcon]
14e. Dry Bowser [Bowser]
16e. Impa [Sheik]
27e. Galacta Knight [Meta Knight]
31e. Liquid Snake [Snake]
32e. Black Knight [Ike]
36e. Dixie Kong [Diddy Kong]
38e. Shadow [Sonic]
46e. Bass [Megaman]
61e. Zack [Cloud]
63e. Jeanne [Bayonetta]
64e. Octolings [Inklings]

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Based on the maintenance site for Nintendo, I'm guessing Thursday for the Direct.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So just a heads up, for anyone who, in the past, requested an icon like one of those below, or wanted to know who I've made, I created a thread which will house them all! Right now I have 75 different ones. Hopefully you'll find yours there. If not, I am open to requests (though please make them in that thread, I don't want to derail this one too much).

Here's the link:
*sees layton*
b053f9d.jpg

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Not only do direct on Wednesdays happen more frequently than you'd think, but last year there was a direct in February that happened on a Wednesday.
And it was on the 2nd week of February as well which is this week.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't Sakurai just get done telling us not to expect anything anytime soon? Even if there's a Direct this week, I wouldn't place money on it saying anything about Smash at all. You guys might be setting yourselves up for another Game Awards disappointment right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
On the topic of MandyCan, I want to mention that the Smash community has a lot of wannabe detectives who scour the internet for rumors and leaks, no matter ridiculous they are. With that in mind, am I supposed to find it believeable that the Smash community somehow completely missed the alleged leaker who ostensibly predicted No Smash and (vague) Mortal Kombat stuff at TGA, and that nobody brought him up in the time period between TGA and Byleth's reveal which was longer than one month, which should be more than enough time for the aforementioned wannabe detectives to find him. The only way it makes sense is if his twitter account was set to private until Byleth's reveal... which puts his credibility and track record into question because that would make it easy for him to delete incorrect predictions.
There's one such detective on GFAQs. His experience leads him to the same conclusion

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78388131?page=2#26

Krankees

Smash Ace
So, I know this is a little off the topic, but Dragon Ball FighterZ (as it has a Fighters Pass similar to Smash Ultimate, but it's called the FighterZ Pass) had it's 3rd Season of DLC confirmed. I'm pretty excited for Kefla to join the DBFZ roster actually!
Let me know your thoughts on this.
That and seeing the gameplay changes they're bringing to season 3 was enough to make me want to get back into Fighterz.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Didn't Sakurai just get done telling us not to expect anything anytime soon? Even if there's a Direct this week, I wouldn't place money on it saying anything about Smash at all. You guys might be setting yourselves up for another Game Awards disappointment right now.
Wouldn't count on it but an tease with no gameplay similar to:ultjoker:and:ult_terry:could happen.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
With Mandy doubling down on Wednesday, seems tomorrow is gonna be judgement day for them.
The preparations are already being made just in case.

tenor-7.gif

But seriously, I think we'll keep getting someone "predict" that a Nintendo Direct is happening sometime soon until it actually comes true and they can take credit for it, like they always knew.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace

Here's the link:
Thank you for this. It must've taken a lot of effort but I appreciate it all the same.

My sig has been empty for awhile now.

Now to figure out how to put these as my sig lol.

Smash news would be nice, but I'm not expecting it.

I just want Bayonetta 3 news and hope some light is shed on that at the very least.

Gimme something... anything... a glimpse of her new design even if the release date isn't decided yet.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I thought Mandy turned out to just be a guy who spams a bunch of fake leaks and then deletes them leaving only the real ones behind.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There was a problem fetching the tweet
We shall see indeed... hope they’re ready to take that big fat L if Crash doesn’t open the pass

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I'm not ready to trust Mandy even if Crash is 6. Need to see them confirm more esoteric info that is later revealed as true.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Oh look at that, an attention seeker making a failsafe post in case things don't pan out for him.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Why’ everyone thinking a direct this week? Don’t we all think that every week?
It's more most people think there's a direct in February.

It just seems very strange, if not too late, for Nintendo to set the precedent for 2020 games in March, the last month of the first quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom