• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'd have more respect for Sabi if they didn't try to shroud their information in vague maybes and "Tee hee, this game has tires in it. I'm so clever and vague. ;)" They did this constantly with FP5 as well, constantly changing their "leak's" information every 5 minutes. "It's Dante! Wait, no it's not! I dunno who it is, but here is a laundry list of who it isn't, because I totally know who it isn't without knowing who it is".

It just seems like they want attention.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Bringing back Boss Rush and a true All-Star Mode would be great. I know the latter would be unreasonably long if done the same way as the previous games, but here's a solution to that: take some cues from Street Fighter V's Arcade Mode and break up All-Star Mode into several smaller gauntlets where you only fight certain sets of characters, with various themes such as "The Original 12" or "SNES All-Stars".

Also, Boss Rush should bring back the remaining Brawl bosses that are still missing... yes, including the two boss versions of Ridley, since Rathalos shows that characters can pull double-duty for certain roles, and playable-Ridley is still very different from the two Boss-Ridleys anyway.

D

Deleted member

I'd have more respect for Sabi if they didn't try to shroud their information in vague maybes and "Tee hee, this game has tires in it. I'm so clever and vague. ;)" They did this constantly with FP5 as well, constantly changing their "leak's" information every 5 minutes. "It's Dante! Wait, no it's not! I dunno who it is, but here is a laundry list of who it isn't, because I totally know who it isn't without knowing who it is".

I think most of the leakers had good, legit info before the game released. Once it released and we moved on to DLC speculation, info dried up, Nintendo got real tight with info leaks, and nobody truly knows much of anything. The only reason we knew Hero was thanks to the whole 'Brave' thing that was datamined and knowledge from Verge and a few others that Square Enix definitely had one more rep coming. That and some other clue led to us knowing Hero and I think Banjo's codename was in too.

Terry was leaked by Nintendo themselves essentially and up until that point, we had absolutely no idea about him.

Nintendo is keeping things under wrap and its probably harder, if not impossible, for insiders to pass info to their 'leakers' since they'd be found out and fired. I'm not sure we'll ever really get any legitimate insider info or leaks for the remainder of the DLC schedule.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bringing back Boss Rush and a true All-Star Mode would be great. I know the latter would be unreasonably long if done the same way as the previous games, but here's a solution to that: take some cues from Street Fighter V's Arcade Mode and break up All-Star Mode into several smaller gauntlets where you only fight certain sets of characters, with various themes such as "The Original 12" or "SNES All-Stars".

Also, Boss Rush should bring back the remaining Brawl bosses that are still missing... yes, including the two boss versions of Ridley, since Rathalos shows that characters can pull double-duty for certain roles, and playable-Ridley is still very different from the two Boss-Ridleys anyway.
Regarding Ridley. Simply just make it the Ridley clone.

Also for All-Stars. Whatever group of characters you fight that allows you to pick any five options. My idea of what characters debuted in Smash.

64::mario64::dk64::link64::samus64::yoshi64::kirby64::fox64::pikachu64::luigi64::ness64::falcon64::jigglypuff64:
Melee::peachmelee::bowsermelee::icsmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee::drmario::pichumelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::gawmelee:
Brawl::metaknight::pit::zerosuitsamus::wario::snake::ike::pt:(:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:):diddy::lucas::sonic::dedede::olimar::lucario::rob::toonlink::wolf:
Sm4sh::4villager::4megaman::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac::4greninja::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4palutena::4darkpit::4pacman::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4ryu::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta:
Ultimate::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:Byleth

The Original 12 is a good name for 64. Only question is what should the other titles be called?

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I feel like that they could do something new with a Ridley boss battle using the current Ridley as a template, like a Ridley equivalent to Giga Bowser. Call it 'Mega Ridley' and have that Ridley use attacks from Brawl Ridley, Meta Ridley, Clone Ridley and Fighter Ridley, as well as new attacks like a non-Final Smash Plasma Scream. The Ultimate Ridley Amalgamation.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai outright warning fans about a long wait makes me think the development team has their hands full just with fighter packs.

I have a few modes I'd like back but what we already have isn't bad at all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On top of some bosses return. I'd like to also see some new additional bosses.

-General Scales w/ RedEye King
-Hades
-Kanden, Noxus, Spire, Sylux, Trace and Weavel
-King Boo
-Metal Gear Rex
-Tiki Tong

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Now I'm not exactly saying it would be kinda sick for Professor Oak to be a new character someday(I'd prefer Cynthia myself) but still

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Some of the popular deconfirmations he got right were before Vergeben backed them up.
That's not a thing anyone cares about.

You could pick literally any character to deconfirm and have a 99.999% chance of being correct, because if you guessed anyone but Byleth, "OMG! They knew all along!"

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
Ayo I got a Mario character slept on that should be a rep, huhuhuh.
1200px-Fairy_Group_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

Ok...ok, so, you gotta control the Green Sprixie, see? A-a-nd just like Rosalina & Luma, the other 5'll help her. The Green Sprixie's Smash and Arials are her using her tennis racket and tennis ball like in Mario Tennis. Ok? B-but see, you also got the specials which consist of like....a rng gimmick (I bet ya'll are sick of rng gimicks after Hero) to utlilize different power-ups introduced in their debuting game, Mario 3d World.

A-and their final smash would be the other Princesses flying at you with different power-up abilities, and the Green Sprixie Princess delivers a final blow using the Golden Bell Power-up.

I know what you're thinking, this is a very stupid idea for a character I know, but I....barely tried....so yeah, this is a pretty stupid idea for a character. But in all honesty, it was worth a try. How a moveset would work with these 6 would actually be pretty interesting imo.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That's just incorrect. Some people absolutely care.
People got really fed up with the ****ty game of Guess Who: Smash edition.

Do some people care? Probably. But honestly it's not a saving grace or career ender for anyone, so it largely doesn't matter.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
For new modes, I want a proper Boss Rush Mode with returning bosses being added (Porky, Rayquaza, Duon and Tabuu) and some new ones (like a new FF boss, someone from Street Fighter or Bayonetta, Dr.Eggman or Gruntilda, who knows). But you will not fight all bosses, just 8-10 of them with either Tabuu, Dharkon or Galeem as final boss.

And of course, a smash target where each character has their own target test. With these, I will be completely satisfy with the amount of single-player content that Smash has. (Well, a board the plattaforms is almost impossible but if we are dreaming...)

D

Deleted member

Good morning...

I'd guess again that there isn't going to be anything announced today, ain't there?

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman

Also for All-Stars. Whatever group of characters you fight that allows you to pick any five options. My idea of what characters debuted in Smash.

64::mario64::dk64::link64::samus64::yoshi64::kirby64::fox64::pikachu64::luigi64::ness64::falcon64::jigglypuff64:
Melee::peachmelee::bowsermelee::icsmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee::drmario::pichumelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::gawmelee:
Brawl::metaknight::pit::zerosuitsamus::wario::snake::ike::pt:(:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:):diddy::lucas::sonic::dedede::olimar::lucario::rob::toonlink::wolf:
Sm4sh::4villager::4megaman::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac::4greninja::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4palutena::4darkpit::4pacman::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4ryu::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta:
Ultimate::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:Byleth

The Original 12 is a good name for 64. Only question is what should the other titles be called?
Ironic that Ult ended up with the most newcomers of all despite the base game having only 11 new characters several of which are echoes.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel like that they could do something new with a Ridley boss battle using the current Ridley as a template, like a Ridley equivalent to Giga Bowser. Call it 'Mega Ridley' and have that Ridley use attacks from Brawl Ridley, Meta Ridley, Clone Ridley and Fighter Ridley, as well as new attacks like a non-Final Smash Plasma Scream. The Ultimate Ridley Amalgamation.
not enough Ridley

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Um... Maybe because people genuinely hate me in this thread to the point that even admins have advised me not to post in here? No joke, this site has more or less quarantined me to the Geno thread. The Geno thread is one of the only places I can post and people keep their composure. Like the tehponycorn said, it's actually not an exaggeration that people unironically hate me outside Discord and the Geno thread.
Maybe I haven't been here long enough, but I have trouble wrapping my mind around that and that really sucks in general. I think your theories are genuinely interesting to read, even if I think a good chunk of them are reaching. I wish you could feel safe posting them elsewhere especially in the places where they're relevant, but if it's genuinely to protect yourself, then I'd be a jerk trying to tell you to post elsewhere. I'm being honest when I legit thought it was because you only cared about the Geno community and not because people straight up hated you. Sorry :(

Obviously feel free to not respond to this if posting in here is that much of an issue, just know that if I'm critical of your theories going forward, there's zero malice behind it. I'm just either disagreeing with it or correcting some perception-based misinformation that may be in your blind spots like what I said in the Lloyd thread.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Torna fixed, like, all my problems with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and helped me realize the strengths of XC2 as a result. I just really dislike Rex, but Addam & Mythra or Lora & Jin? I'd be super hyped for.
Yeah, I can see that. I love the aesthetic and music of Torna, and characters like Addam and Lora are really really cool.
The combat, while had a bit less of depth, was more dynamic.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
With the characters in question, the only way to tell this post wasn't actually made in 2007 is "we stan a queen" instead of "gurls ftw" :p:p:p
I mean Hyrule Warriors didn't really exist in 2007 and that's when Impa's popularity really took off.
Also Ashley didn't get really explode in popularity until the Smash 4 days after her theme was remixed in Brawl.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wonder If they would add a boss pass, would a lot of people buy them?
Especially if each comes with their own theme song.

Also, coop vs a boss needs to be a thing (again).

Just off the top of my head, I’d love to have:
- Eggman (Doom Fingers / Big Arms)
- Dr. Wily (Wily Machine #9)
- Sephiroth (One Winged Angel)
- Zoma (DQ3 Final Boss theme)
- Hades (KIU final boss theme)
- Mr. Sandman (World Circuit Title Bout)

I can dream... =L

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
-General Scales
He gets a cool pre-fight cutscene. Pressing the attack or special attack button activates another cutscene where Andross kills him and becomes the actual boss that you fight. Nothing else happens until you do this.

Nice! We've got Green Sprixie, Blue Sprixie, Orange Sprixie, Yellow Sprixie, Red Sprixie, Blue Sprixie, and...Wait. What's Lorenz doing here?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

- Eggman (Doom Fingers / Big Arms)
- Dr. Wily (Wily Machine #9)
- Sephiroth (One Winged Angel)
- Hades (KIU final boss theme)
- Mr. Sandman (World Circuit Title Bout)

I can dream... =L
They should just bring back Boss Battles mode from Brawl.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean Hyrule Warriors didn't really exist in 2007 and that's when Impa's popularity really took off.
Also Ashley didn't get really explode in popularity until the Smash 4 days after her theme was remixed in Brawl.
Ashley had popularity circa Brawl. She had more later, but her fanbase was still a thing back then. Especially when her theme was posted on the DOJO and some people mistakenly took that as a sign.

Impa's popularity didn't really climb until Skyward Sword, that's true, but at the same time, my post was a joke. 5/6 ain't bad. xP

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

I mean, I guess it depends what it costs. I wouldn't pay PC character prices for Bosses.
Anyway, I'd pick:

Mother Brain [Metroid]
Andross(N64 version) [Star Fox]
Medusa [Kid Icarus]
Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear REX [Metal Gear]
Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot [Sonic the Hedgehog]
Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine [Mega Man]

Ooh, sorry. The correct answer was Estark.

That's just incorrect. Some people absolutely care.
That is EXTREMELY sad...

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So Granblue's back on the menu, eh?

I know someone that would totally go off on how this destroys the sanctity of Smash by including mobile characters.
You're gonna have to be specific since I know at least half of this site would totally go off on how this destroys the sanctity of Smash, as if such a concept even exists.

It's a video game, not a sacred temple or anything like that. No need for crusades or tirades.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Cygames was already involved in the base roster.

This means nothing.
I agree with you, but it's the character specifically being associated with a mobile game for him and not the company itself. Of course even that's a moot point since there's FEH content in the game, so.....

You're gonna have to be specific since I know at least half of this site would totally go off on how this destroys the sanctity of Smash, as if such a concept even exists.

It's a video game, not a sacred temple or anything like that. No need for crusades or tirades.
There's nothing to be specific about, I'm talking about an irl friend that thinks characters that originated from a mobile game being in the main roster destroyed the sanctity of Smash because of predatory monetary practices and whatnot.

I'm on the same side as you are here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

This.

It's the whole leaking culture in general. No speculation era of Smash has been as boring as this one. Why? Leakers leaking ****, and people being emotionally immature about it.

And then there's the people rallying behind it.

It's tiresome, and I often wish things could be like they used to be. But they won't.

At the very least first party talk is somewhat of an item again.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I was thinking about Smash Run one time, and had the idea of adding world bosses to it. Said bosses would be designed to either be really tough or to be taken on by multiple players. These bosses would also be insanely powerful bosses within their universe. As for who they would be, I have a few ideas (plus music because why not):
  • Yggralith Zero
    • In the Forest (X→Z Ver.)
  • Super Dimentio
    • The Ultimate Show
  • Gamma
    • Boss Battle (Mega Man 3)
  • Darkest Lord [NAME]
    • Battle: The Darkest Lord
  • Magolor & Magolor Soul
    • Under My Control & C.R.O.W.N.E.D.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
All-Star Mode is just Endless Smash with regular characters, the fact that it loops back to the first fighter after deafeating the last makes them not look all that special, as the name "All-Star" suggests. It really should be "Century Smash but with playable characters", the variety of characters should be enough to feel different than the usual Century Smash mode.

Also, it's far too hard. If an average but dedicated player like myself can get on 48 KOs at best, what chances does your more casual player have before throwing his/her controller into the next dimension? We already have Cruel Mode for this.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
All stan for our Nintendo Queens. :love::love::love::love:

Some more queens.

IF, and mean IF Assist Trophy were released in DLC, I could picture it happening when Sakurai is about to close out on a character reveal: "Thanks for watching we hope to..." *SMASH, SHATTER* "Whoa! What was that? Let's check it out." A trailer shows a smashed Assist Trophy.

Glass pools the base of the case, the character has long since emerged. Although surely familiar, their identity is a mystery; silhouetted by the Dawn of a new day. A new day, as a full fledged fighter. This character is... whoever you want it to be.

*Sigh* If only *Hand sadly slide off the Trophy Case*

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
... That or Fighter 6 is actually Sora and Nintendo are trying to break a deal with Disney of Japan to try and get Sora permanently as DLC for the game, get the voice actors to do the role and make sure Disney is satisfied with whoever Sora fights. But I don't know how these things go down.
The pass has already been finalized.

They either managed to get Sora in by November last year, or they didn't.

Time is not a factor in negotiations since they're already done by this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom