• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways, yeah Banjko ain't just Nintendo. Hasn't been for a loooooong time now.
He's still an Nintendo character at heart to millions.

As Phoenix Wright is being considered an 'honorary' Nintendo character.

Edit: Billions was an hyperbole.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yooka Laylee's good, it's just that it took them until 2019 to make the game, crazy how it took so long
I think both games are good, but that's just me. :drshrug:

He's still an Nintendo character at heart to millions if not billions.

I don't think Banjo is known by billions. Even millions might be a bit of a stretch nowadays.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Maybe don't exaggerate that much? There's less than eight billion living people in general. I highly doubt at least a fourth of them even know what Banjo-Kazooie is.

There's hyperbole and then there's nonsense.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Billions? Damn Banjo Kazooie put here being the best sold game of all time in the universe you live in as 3 million as the peak is apparantly a billion
Maybe don't exaggerate that much? There's less than eight billion living people in general. I highly doubt at least a fourth of them even know what Banjo-Kazooie is.

Yeah I admit that was an bit of an hyperbole on my part...Millions is more accurate. Embarrass

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
(Also, side note, but TheCJBrine TheCJBrine I apologize if I haven't properly responded to one of your posts. I will gladly respond to it if you'd like to have the conversation!)
Nah, it’s alright. I’m getting burnt out on the spirits discussion, and arguing in general (even if I still tend to argue when people seem to push opinions as facts against Steve...them not accepting they just don’t like him...but it is tiring, yet I fall back into it...(also, not counting the people I took the wrong way, and I apologize to them)). Sorry if I ever came off as rude in our arguments; that was never my intention, but I fear I may have came off that way. I also get passionate about Smash and the characters/franchises I love.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Bruh, the world's population is only 8 billion. I highly doubt Banjo is known by a literal quarter of the planet.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Billions? Damn Banjo Kazooie put here being the best sold game of all time in the universe you live in as 3 million as the peak is apparantly a billion

Yeah I admit that was an bit of an hyperbole on my part...Millions is more accurate. Embarrass
I'll have you know that Banjo-Kazooie is known by TRILLIONS. The first civilization of Mars worshipped the ****ers.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH getting Yooka Laylee content in Smash would be dope. It's a super fun series that I hope to see continue to grow, regardless of the internet hate the first game gets.

And yeah, I will admit that I have still yet to play it, but everything I've seen and heard (especially from the Completionist's review) has me sold it's a super solid platformer straight from the 90's...which is exactly how they advertised it, lol.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I want Mighty Number 9 representation in Smash, just for the spectacle of a ****storm it would cause.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Even millions might be a bit of a stretch nowadays.
Not exactly when this has 2.7M views. Not exactly BILLIONS OF VIEWS, but also not the 80k that the anti-Banjo crowd likes to dream about.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Majority of those 2.7 Million fans are all people who played Nuts & Bolts, the true crowd Banjo-Kazooie was intended for.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
A lot of people know who Banjo is, but we're way past the point where more people recognize him from Smash than they do his own franchise. Definitely not the kind of character you could show to people in Walmart and they'd immediately recognize him, but I think a decent chunk of the people who own a Switch and/or Xbox One would know who he is.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
TBH getting Yooka Laylee content in Smash would be dope. It's a super fun series that I hope to see continue to grow, regardless of the internet hate the first game gets.

And yeah, I will admit that I have still yet to play it, but everything I've seen and heard (especially from the Completionist's review) has me sold it's a super solid platformer straight from the 90's...which is exactly how they advertised it, lol.
Wouldn't mind getting them as an echo fighter, I have yet to play there game but I definitely want to get around to playing it.

SKX31

Smash Master
Still though, 3,5 million ain't nothing. If B-K had been a PlayStation series the first game would come in at around #21, ahead of Oddworld / the first Tony Hawk / RE3 and behind the first Rayman. Banjo-Tooie would've been around #59, right around Chrono Cross / Soul Reaver / Madden 2000 territory.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Still though, 3,5 million ain't nothing. If B-K had been a PlayStation series the first game would come in at around #21, ahead of Oddworld / the first Tony Hawk / RE3 and behind the first Rayman. Banjo-Tooie would've been around #59, right around Chrono Cross / Soul Reaver / Madden 2000 territory.
3 million is literally nothing compared to billions. The post was a reply to "BILLIONS OF PEOPLE LOVE THIS". Not sure if you realized that

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
There have been rumors about a new Playstation Allstars game for a bit now. If they fix up some of the flaws from last time I could see it being a legit alternative.
Same, I just hope Sony gives whatever development team who's working on the game better treatment considering the horror stories that have come out in recent years. With Sony saying that they would help get the characters that Superbot wanted and properly market the game yet when the time came they just drug their feet.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
For funsies, I put a few restrictions on myself like no duplicate companies, no first parties, and villains that are popular enough such that they actually have a chance of appearing over the protagonists of their games.

Fat chance of any of these guys happening though, lmaooooooooo.
I don't think Nightmare is that impossible. And, while it might take another decade, I think Wesker might make it in eventually.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
My Kunio is dead. Now I want only for everyone's dreams to die with mine...

I always thought Simon counted as this games retro character
When I look at the other characters he listed, I think he means "retro" in the sense of "characters that have been gone for 30 years" retro. Simon is retro in the way Mega Man is retro.

Disney fully owns Kingdom Hearts, they're saying it for PR because as soon as they can ditch Nomura, they will.
That feeling seems pretty mutual. As the Disney characters have jack-all to do with the "main" plot of KH now.

I honestly think both parties would be happier if they each just took their own properties from KH and turned them into their own things. Nomura can go off and make his crazy story without any oversight and Disney can just have someone else make a Disney fantasy RPG without a crazy person making it.

At this point I want Comcast to buy Disney out and then see how so called tough Disney really is. Ha! They'll know the true meaning of fear as they'll be trembling for the first time in their ever meaning existence.
Dude, dial it back. You're sounding like a psycho and it's just because you're mad about Sora.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
So do you guys think there'll be an direct this week?

Even then I don't expect FP6.
I don't think we will be getting a Direct until the latter half of this month.
We probably won't get a Smash character reveal until at least March based on Fighters' Pass 2's deadline.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't think we will be getting a Direct until the latter half of this month.
We probably won't get a Smash character reveal until at least March based on Fighters' Pass 2's deadline.
March/April is my bet for FP6 anyways.

I'm predicting it'll be Travis Touchdown who feels like an character that'd begin the Pass.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That definitely feels like what he's doing there. But it's also basically what TWEWY was. A KH game with no Disney.
Yeah and let me tell you, Re:mind was fantastic without the disney ****. I wouldnt mind if the story was just around Sora, Riku, Org 13 and all of Nomuras other characters and have 0 disney worlds

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Man, Yooka Laylee ain't bad. The hard time that game gets is unreal, as is the hyperbole used to describe it. :/
Thank You! It's like I don't necessarily disagree with most of the criticisms the first game receives, but by golly did I have a fun time with it regardless. It's no A Hat in Time or Super Mario Odyssey in terms of quality 3D platformers, but that still didn't make me put the game down. It helps that I love the Banjo series and format as a whole: BK, Tooie, Nuts N Bolts, and even DK64. (I know laugh at me all y'all want, but I won't be hearing you from the sounds of the DK Rap that I have up to 11!)

It's sad the first game's reception has put people off on playing the sequel, Impossible Lair, because it's legit one of the best 2D platformers up there with Shovel Knight, Rayman Origins/Legends, and DKCR/ Tropical Freeze.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Only Geno has a billion fans, according to the smash fanbase at least :4pacman:

Some folks really overstate the importance of certain characters

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
Yeah and let me tell you, Re:mind was fantastic without the disney ****. I wouldnt mind if the story was just around Sora, Riku, Org 13 and all of Nomuras other characters and have 0 disney worlds
I'm surprised to find people who would actually be okay with this. I did a post in regards to just...scrapping out the Disney properties for Square Enix & original worlds on the KH forums and just about 99% were a big no. While I admit that Disney was the big eye-opener that took flight of this game, their relevancy just continued to dwindle within each installment until the only majority we're left with are goddamn play-by-play of the movies. (Like seriously, why the hell is Arendelle a world if Disney doesn't even want Sora to interract with the cast within it. AND SHOVE LET IT GO WHILE WE'RE AT IT.) Anyway, getting off track. Just a mild rant.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Everybody would rather talk about Sora than do a villains pass?
Id love to talk more about Sora
I'm surprised to find people who would actually be okay with this. I did a post in regards to just...scrapping out the Disney properties for Square Enix & original worlds on the KH forums and just about 99% were a big no. While I admit that Disney was the big eye-opener that took flight of this game, their relevancy just continued to dwindle within each installment until the only majority we're left with are goddamn play-by-play of the movies. (Like seriously, why the hell is Arendelle a world if Disney doesn't even want Sora to interract with the cast within it. AND SHOVE LET IT GO WHILE WE'RE AT IT.) Anyway, getting off track. Just a mild rant.
After what they did with the Frozen land in KH3, the absolute WORST world, Id rather no disney worlds. I wanna see Nomuras imagination fly, not stuck in a chage because of lame disney worlds. and omg THE POOH WORLD. Dont get me started on how **** that was

Last edited:

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
Only Geno has a billion fans, according to the smash fanbase at least :4pacman:

Some folks really overstate the importance of certain characters
I'm never gonna understand why he and Waluigi has such a massive fanbase. Waluigi I...I'm not even sure if I can still understand, but Geno, I 100% don't understand at all. He's BARELY a main character in a singular game that was almost never heard from again.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Ok, Not sure if this was done recently but.. Villain Pass. No rules. No items. Newcomer / DLC Speculation Discussion thread, hazards off. GO.

1) Zoda (StarTropics)
2) Medusa (Kid Icarus)
3) King Hippo (Punch Out!)
4) Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
5) Bass (Megaman)
6) Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
  1. Porky
  2. Eggman
  3. Dark Matter
  4. Skull Kid
  5. Ghirahim
  6. Deku Scrub

P.Kat

Smash Champion
My Kunio is dead. Now I want only for everyone's dreams to die with mine...
DarthEnderX uses Destiny Bond...
We shall go together.
*Doma Castle boss intensifies*
A part of me would be very sad to not have Disney be part of Kingdom Hearts anymore, but at the same time it would mean more freedom for Nomura which would only improve Kingdom Hearts even more as a whole.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I'm never gonna understand why he and Waluigi has such a massive fanbase. Waluigi I...I'm not even sure if I can still understand, but Geno, I 100% don't understand at all. He's BARELY a main character in a singular game that was almost never heard from again.
Because we think Geno would be fun to play and he looks cool. That's it. He's a doll with machine guns and all sorts of weapons. The ultimate Swiss Army Knife.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Everybody would rather talk about Sora than do a villains pass?
Well everyone is either Sora or Xehanort, so basically your asking for 6 Xehanorts.
Id love to talk more about Sora

After what they did with the Frozen land in KH3, the absolute WORST world, Id rather no disney worlds. I wanna see Nomuras imagination fly, not stuck in a chage because of lame disney worlds. and omg THE POOH WORLD. Dont get me started on how **** that was
You just had to remind me. The Frozen stage was beautiful, don't get me wrong but finding the Lucky Emblems on that stage was tedious. Not to mention
Doing the blasted sledding mini game 10 times to find the treasures (in the most ridiculous places), just get the piece of Orichalcum+ for the Ultima Keyblade
Because we think Geno would be fun to play and he looks cool. That's it. He's a doll with machine guns and all sorts of weapons. The ultimate Swiss Army Knife.
KOS-MOS would like a word with you... and Shadow too since you used the word Ultimate... oh as well as Sakurai too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom