• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Would be pretty tough since they would have to come with a stage and Spirit board.
I don't think this will be as big a problem as it's made out to be.

For one, it's not like the DLC characters so far have brought in tons and tons of Spirits. The minimum so far is Banjo-Kazooie only bringing seven, so any future DLC characters will likely have to bring in at least that amount, which isn't a whole lot... and that's assuming seven is the absolute minimum requirement. Unlikely as it is, we might even end up with a character who brings in even less than that.

In regards to stages, that might be a bit trickier... but only if it's a character from a series with plenty of stages already, and I still don't think it's a big obstacle regardless. There's already plenty of Mario stages, sure, but if Waluigi is one of the DLC characters, he could still easily bring a stage based on Mario Tennis, Mario Party, or even Mario Strikers.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So I tried making a pass with female characters only with the guidelines of:

1. No female character represented in some way in Ultimate already(so spirits, mii costume, AT etc).
2. One per company.

1. Velvet Crowe(Tales of Berseria)
2. Amaterasu(Okami)
3. Sakura Shinguji(Sakura Wars)
4. Kasumi(Dead or Alive)
5. Reimu Hakurei(Touhou)
6. Fury(Darksiders)

Did this to mainly pass the time and I guess to see the potential female 3rd parties that can be added.
1.) Tracer (Overwatch)
2.) Madeline (Celeste)
3.) Claire Redfield (Resident Evil)
4.) 2B (Nier)
5.) Arle (Puyo Puyo)

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace

1. No female character represented in some way in Ultimate already(so spirits, mii costume, AT etc).
2. One per company.

Did this to mainly pass the time and I guess to see the potential female 3rd parties that can be added.
1) Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo, SEGA)
2) Lara Croft (Tomb Raider, Square-Enix)
3) Kos-Mos (Xenosaga, Namco-Bandai)
4) Amaterasu (Okami Capcom)
5) Kasumi (Dead or Alive, Koei-Tecmo)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
How can sora die when he has 3 other hearts inside of him?
Screenshot_20200130-222340.png

Roxas confirmed.

Was watching a PapaGenos video, when this post was brought up.

View attachment 261316

PapaGenos said he believes he was just speculating (I really hope so), but what do you all think?

Would be pretty tough since they would have to come with a stage and Spirit board.
I don't think we'll get many first parties, mostly because at this point they would be scraping the bottom of the barrel since all the important are already playable or are assist trophies

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Either way, the devs probably tried their best to keep all of this information hidden...
Let me put it this way, I don't think Imran knows who's in the pass. I think he gets enough rumors passed to him that he can make posts like that. IN this case, I'd just say there's at least 1 first party rep in the pass.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Fire Emblem Managed to cough up some spirits because that particular game was 100% not represented in any way shape or form. The same cannot be said about Zelda or Mother which have large plethoras of their franchises represented.
Please don't pretend there aren't any characters left in already-represented franchises that they could scrounge up to make up a Spirit event. Finding 7-11 characters/items/monsters from a single franchise to make up a Spirit Board isn't that hard.

D

Deleted member

Let me put it this way, I don't think Imran knows who's in the pass. I think he gets enough rumors passed to him that he can make posts like that. IN this case, I'd just say there's at least 1 first party rep in the pass.
Rumors will be rumors...false flags, white lies...hence, they shouldn't be treated as immediate conclusions.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
One of the most trusted insiders (Imran Khan) said that negotiations for Sora apparently fell through with Disney.
So, Sora is now 100% deconfirmed. A pity, but even I knew Disney would be the cause.
It’s not 100%, though. He still thought Sora could happen, he just thought Disney may have caused complications or could’ve said no. Just like he didn’t actually know Master Chief was happening, he didn’t say he was, just he thought he or Sora could.

Rumors will be rumors...false flags, white lies...hence, they shouldn't be treated as immediate conclusions.
Everyone who would listen knows this already. I don’t think Imran would intentionally say false things, though, he knows a lot of stuff in the industry and has a good track record. He didn’t say anything definitive anyway, aside from Nintendo talking to Disney.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem Managed to cough up some spirits because that particular game was 100% not represented in any way shape or form. The same cannot be said about Zelda or Mother which have large plethoras of their franchises represented.
Imagine Hyrule Warriors Impa coming with Hyrule Warriors Spirits like Lana, Cia, Linkle, Volga, etc.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Also, there's no guarantee we're getting new spirit boards anyway. There's been no mention of them, just character, stage and songs.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, and probably a mix of speculation as well.

Thanks for the clarification.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I do hope the direct is next week. Hopefully it will reveal any possible new 1st party games for 2020 we can watch out for when it comes to reps.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
We will have to wait 2 weeks for next Sakurai column in Famitsu to see if he says a hint about what to expect for FP2.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

2. One per company.

2. Amaterasu(Okami)
4. Kasumi(Dead or Alive)
5. Reimu Hakurei(Touhou)
6. Fury(Darksiders)

I'm going to make my own females-only Fighters Pass with blackjack and hookers, but also with the addition of Echo Fighters when appropriate.
  1. Square Enix - Terra (Final Fantasy VI)
  2. Bandai Namco - Reiko Nagase (Ridge Racer) -> Kei Nagase (Ace Combat)
  3. Capcom - Morrigan (Darkstalkers) -> Lilith (Darkstalkers)
  4. Indie - Undyne (Undertale)
  5. Nintendo - Kangaskhan (Pokemon Red and Blue)
  6. Ubisoft - Aurora (Child of Light)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can we all just agree that if a DLC Fighter is found out to be using Incineroar as a base, that that fighter is most likely Crash Bandicoot?
Whoa!
It'll somehow be King.

KING WINS.gif

not sure if that Bayo glitch means anything

remember when a Duck Hunt game crash was discovered and everyone freaked out and assumed it was related to Banjo?

Banjo did get in, but he used Ridley of all characters as a base, not Duck Hunt. And no character has ended up using them since.

characters inexplicably getting bugs out of nowhere doesn't automatically mean a brand new one's using them as a base
I'm guessing the Wings and being bipedal were why Ridley was used a for Banjo and Kazooie. I honestly would have guessed Mario instead of Duck Hunt though.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
If FP6 is revealed at the Direct next week, it’d perfectly line up with the column the following week.
Im a bit skeptical of a reveal of FP6 in next week Direct. I mean, I would love it but considering Sakurai quote, sadly maybe we will have to wait a bit longer.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
There is no denying that.

I am just curious whether or not that post I shared was speculating or not.
Yeah, because we've already established that ResetEra (which he posts in) has zero tolerance for bull**** regarding leaks. Speculation, however, is a whole different ballpark

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, because we've already established that ResetEra (which he posts in) has zero tolerance for bull**** regarding leaks. Speculation, however, is a whole different ballpark
Honestly, I think it was speculation. Even if he is an insider, I find it very hard to believe he already knows the entirety of Vol 2 when people like Sabi and Verge don’t even know who FP6 is yet.

ceterisparibus

Smash Apprentice
People do realize that the Imran video didn't specify the timeline where Nintendo approached Disney, yeah?
They could have asked them during Brawl, base smash 4, smash 4 dlc or smash ultimate. If it was based off back then, it's entirely possible that circumstances could be different now.

Also apparently everyone focused on that statement instead of watching the entire clip huh? You would definitely come to a different conclusion.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

2. One per company.

2. Amaterasu(Okami)
4. Kasumi(Dead or Alive)
5. Reimu Hakurei(Touhou)
6. Fury(Darksiders)

Okay, I'll try my hand on at this as well. I don't know if your one per company is in regards to this pass or DLC in general..so I chose the former view.
1) Saber (Fate/stay night) - Type Moon
2) 2B (NieR Automata) - Square-Enix
3) Asuka (Senran Kagura) - Marvelous
4) Reimu Hakurei (Touhou) - Team Shanghai Alice
5) Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria) - Bandai Namco
6) Ayane (Dead or Alive) - Koei Tecmo

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I guess I never saw Sora as likely despite the popularity. It would be a much bigger shock if he got in over even Master Chief.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
People do realize that the Imran video didn't specify the timeline where Nintendo approached Disney, yeah?
They could have asked them during Brawl, base smash 4, smash 4 dlc or smash ultimate. If it was based off back then, it's entirely possible that circumstances could be different now.

Also apparently everyone focused on that statement instead of watching the entire clip huh? You would definitely come to a different conclusion.
Just this week we had Sakurai saying "I get the complaints" to "I completely agree, **** swordies and **** FE", this site constantly finds new ways to prove that Smash fans have 7 braincells

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Aw man, could you imagine another stylish action character had the ability to slow time like Bayonetta?

Oh wait...
Dante Quicksilver.gif

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just wanna make sure I got this straight. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Imran said he knows that Nintendo tried to negotiate for Sora.
2. He doesn't say when that was or for what game it was.
3. He theorizes that it fell through.
4. He theorizes that it fell through because of Disney Japan specifically.

Is any of this incorrect?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Was watching a PapaGenos video, when this post was brought up.

View attachment 261316

PapaGenos said he believes he was just speculating (I really hope so), but what do you all think?

Personally I hope it's true. It also just makes sense

Smash Bros being a Nintendo crossover is why I fell in love with the series to begin with

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Just wanna make sure I got this straight. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Imran said he knows that Nintendo tried to negotiate for Sora.
2. He doesn't say when that was or for what game it was.
3. He theorizes that it fell through.
4. He theorizes that it fell through because of Disney Japan specifically.

Is any of this incorrect?
With the way Imran spoke, I don't think it was a theory. The way the conversation went down, from his point of view, is that Sora's off the table. The whole podcast was about 2020 predictions and everything about that exchange implied "Sora's dead"

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
With the way Imran spoke, I don't think it was a theory. The way the conversation went down, from his point of view, is that Sora's off the table. The whole podcast was about 2020 predictions and everything about that exchange implied "Sora's dead"
Sora was dead the the moment he was conceived as a Disney character. We're literally just about as likely to get music from the DuckTales video game. Yea, it's technically video game in origin, but it's still Disney. As much as people hate to admit it, Sora is in the same boat.

I'm happy to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Didn’t he still think Sora had a shot, though? He thought we’d get either him or Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom