• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think indies are flatout not happening. Cuphead and Sans got more love and care than ****ing AssCreed, Shantae's a Spirit and Shovel Knight, one of the most iconic indies, is an assist with 5 spirits, yet none playable. That being said there's a ****ton of love put out there.

That being said why does the Plague Knight spirit not have a Robin assist Plaguey let the lovebirds be together Sakurai, please, my babies need to be together forever

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Is Nintendo providing any funding for NMH3? Not saying that’s the only way that Travis could get in, but if they are funding it then that could help his chances a lot.
What I've been seeing they ain't funding No More Heroes 3 but they've been promoting it and will distribute the physical copies in North America and PAL. It does say something that they help market a third party exclusive, though.

And really, Travis hits the checkmark of being a potential promotional character who happened to be moderately requested for a long time. And Suda51 left his mark in gaming history with unusual cult hits that are still fondly remembered to this day.

That's why I would not be surprised if he got in.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I would put Ace Attorney above fate because having ace attorney in smash would serve to promote future ace attorney games. Has fate ever been on a nintendo platform? Not that its a factor but if nintendo is choosing i am not sure what business purpose fate would serve.

Aside from that i think fate is too ecchi.
Fate/Extella & Fate/Extella Link are both on Nintendo Switch in Japan and the West..doesn't quite matter though considering we got Cloud & Joker, the former only having relatively minor appearances on Nintendo consoles prior to Switch and the latter of which had no appearances on Switch outside of a colour reference for Yu in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle before his announcement (and now only 2 spin-off titles on Nintendo, one on 3DS & 1 coming to Switch) with costumes in Sonic Forces and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, the latter of which only came out recently.

Fate is a massive success in Japan, far more than Ace Attorney to be honest (don't get me wrong, I love both).
For example, the most Tweeted about Video Game worldwide for 2019 was Fate/Grand Order, beating out the 2nd Place game, Fortnite, and the 3rd Place game, the Final Fantasy series (likely mostly due to Final Fantasy VII Remake).
https://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tec...er-was-2019039s-most-tweeted-about-video-game
They also have huge events for the series..Fate is BIG in Japan and still very popular worldwide.
Legit the only reason we haven't got the original Graphic Novel (or, more specifically, the censored Réalta Nua release that has replaced it) is due to the game having more words than The Lord of the Rings, making it a massive undertaking to localize for a not-so-popular genre in the West. We got the anime adaptions though, so its not like the story is foreign to Western fans. We've also got most of the Fates media localized in the West.

Fate would serve a similar business purpose to Joker from Persona 5. Its a popular series and could bring a lot of its massive fanbase not only to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate but the Nintendo Switch in general, which could then get them interested in other series included in the game as well, which is often the case when it comes to Smash..just look what it did for EarthBound and especially Fire Emblem.

Fate, in its current incarnation, is honestly not that much more ecchi than Fire Emblem (especially Fire Emblem Heroes, which I feel may have been inspired by Fate/Grand Order due to a lot of similar elements, particularly those not part of the main FE series) or Bayonetta. Only the original release of the Visual Novel was an Eroge and subsequent releases of it on PS2, PS Vita, and PC have been the censored Réalta Nua version.
Beyond that, Saber would be the character included and she's likely the tamest female character the series has to offer, being fully covered in a long gown and armor. Even her figure is extremely tame, being small chested and not particularly curvy.
Yeah, you got one fan requested character out of the five newcomers. Vol 2 is TOTALLY going to be different, just look at how they end the entire thing with Byleth. It really shows that they listen and are fully in touch with what the fans want.
You're disingenuous at worst or ignorant at best. Dragon Quest, being a massive success in Japan, has always been a heavily requested franchise in Japan and various parts of the West similarly to how Banjo-Kazooie was more requested in the West in Japan, so we got 2 heavy requested characters, not 1.
Beyond that, Joker was too new and seemed too unlikely to many to really be heavily requested, but to act like Joker wasn't an incredibly popular addition is just false. Terry was also very popular in Latin America and other places.
Even Byleth, or Three Houses in particular, was a popular choice, even if not the most popular choice amongst fans.
Beyond that, not all DLC characters are meant to be for fans of Super Smash Bros, some of them, such as Joker, are meant to bring in fans from other series who may give Super Smash Bros. a look-see if a character from their beloved series was included.
Fate has a couple of games on Switch. The original VN is on Switch I think but only in Japan, Extella and Extella Link are on there, and that weird cooking spin-off we're getting.

And honestly, Artoria/Sabers design is one of the tamest for females in the game and she is the one everyone would expect to get in if we somehow got a Fate rep. I imagine Spirits would be a different issue since I can see characters like Tamamo, Nero, Jack, Abigail, maybe Mordred not even getting spirits or a cameo at all despite them being popular but the vast selection of Servants are enough to make that a non-issue.

For all we know they could just stick with the Stay Night cast.

Just my two cents on the whole Fate/Smash thing.
Honestly, they could easily censor ones like Nero, who I expect would be the only Fate/Extra series character. I could see Saber Lily, who's also fairly tame, and Mordred would likely be full armored minus helmet rather than her unarmored appearance. The rest would likely be only Fate/stay night characters, like Shirou Emiya, Rin Tohsaka, Archer, Illyasviel von Einzbern, Berserker, Lancer, Gilgamesh, Sakura Matou, and possibly a slightly censored Rider...though considering Mai Shiranui wasn't even given a Spirit despite popularity, I could also see Rider not being used.
Not really interested unless she gets her whipsword or has a ton of wind moves.
I actually edited her Fate/Grand Order Stage 2 artwork to include her Stage 1 artwork's Wind Blade for the alts I included in it honestly and considering how she plays in Fate/Unlimited Codes, Fate/Extella, and Nitroplus Blasterz along with Sakurai preferring something new with characters, especially sword fighters, I definitely think that Sakurai would choose the 'invisible wind blade' with Excalibur appearing in her Final Smash. For her Saber Alter alt, she'd probably just have the wind effects visually made purple 'darkness waves' while the sword is visible since it wouldn't alter her hitboxes or anything.
01z.png
I wanted Byleth. :)
I did too..and considering that the Reveal Stream has more likes than dislikes, we're not alone.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is an option, it's relevant again and has no content in Smash.
Sadly, with how generic most Pokémon content has been (just look at the Spirits) and lack of any content not from the main games, aside from the Pokémon Snap vehicle in Melee, I'm willing to believe that the Pokémon Company wants to keep to just the main series in Smash for some reason.

While this may be true as of now, Sakurai said that Smash is a celebration of gaming not just Japanese games.

Over the past year there’s been an increase of Western content in Smash. We got our first truly western character (Banjo), we got Assassin’s Creed & Rabbids as Mii costume & we got the introduction of Premium Mii Costumes that have solely been western characters so far. Even though a Japanese character like Mega Man X would’ve been perfect for a Premium costume.
Actually, I think I remember Sakurai mentioning he saw Smash Bros. as a Celebration of Japanese Gaming, but that could easily have changed or the Western stuff could be outliers.
That said, Sakurai, being Japanese and living in Japan, would likely, consciously or not, still focus on Japanese things. It doesn't help that Sakurai prefers talking with the character's creator or series head before including them to make sure they are accurately represented and any changes are acceptable.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Just Asking, which Indie Characters do you think are left in the running as a potential fighter? (exclude fan rules since its doesn't really matter at this point.)
There’s a slim chance for Hollow Knight. But I think Sakurai would count Steve/Minecraft as an indie rep. It’s not technically indie anymore but it’s still the ultimate indie game.

It started off as some weird, experimental game that some Swedish Nerd was working on during his free time & then it became the biggest game of all-time.

Minecraft also garnered most of its success as an indie game. All Microsoft’s really done is keep it relevant through some cool updates.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
I think going for an uber-popular song makes sense, but also that a character specific one makes more sense. I guess this is an agree to disagree situation?

I always want to put Necrofantasia up there but I never see people talk about it with those other two, so I guess it's a rung down in broad appeal.
Necrofantasia is actually one of my favourites! :laugh:
I probably like it more than U.N. Owen Was Her? or other super-popular Touhou songs!

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Just Asking, which Indie Characters do you think are left in the running as a potential fighter? (exclude fan rules since its doesn't really matter at this point.)
I put my hopes in the Knight or maybe Shantae.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Again, I think the only thing stopping some Indie characters is possible Moveset potential. I have not seen people make good moveset concepts for Sans or Cuphead and in all honesty? I think that's not them being Indies is why they got regulated to a costume but whether they have any viability and moveset potential as fighters.

It's why Reimu, Quote to an extent, and even admittedly Steve if you count him as Indie get requested a bit: There's actual potential to make good movesets and make them unique fighters.

Again, my two cents but it's less "They're Indies so they can't be full characters" but more "Are they even viable as fighters?"

Honestly, they could easily censor ones like Nero, who I expect would be the only Fate/Extra series character. I could see Saber Lily, who's also fairly tame, and Mordred would likely be full armored minus helmet rather than her unarmored appearance. The rest would likely be only Fate/stay night characters, like Shirou Emiya, Rin Tohsaka, Archer, Illyasviel von Einzbern, Berserker, Lancer, Gilgamesh, Sakura Matou, and possibly a slightly censored Rider...though considering Mai Shiranui wasn't even given a Spirit despite popularity, I could also see Rider not being used.
I think it would be a majority of Stay Night characters given that's where Artoria originated and it's the OG cast. Though Nero would make sense as a spirit representing Extra. Mordred/Jeanne/Astolfo for Apocrypha. Maybe a Zero character like Iskandar or Waver if we wanna go the master route and Mash for the Grand Order side. It'd be the perfect way to represent Fate beyond Stay Night there, IMO.

Because as of now, you can't just represent all of Fate with Stay Night given how it expanded itself.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
The pass is going to be distributed over an 18-month period or so, there's a very good chance that at least one of the characters is promotion for a future game. However I think Sakurai will focus on fan favorites.

So what are your Fighter Pass 2 predictions? My "realistic" ones are:

1. Hayabusa
2. New Pokémon
3. Edutainment or Fitness Game Rep
4. Travis Touchdown
5. New Zelda or Metroid Character
6. Monster Hunter

My "less realistic" choices are:

1. Rhythm Heaven Character
2. Retro Curveball
3. Arle or Second Sonic Character
4. Heihachi or Chosen Undead
5. Crash or Spyro
6. Reimu or Saber
I don't like to make predictions because it requires me to use my brain but here's an actual serious list ordered parallel from the Fighters from Volume 1.

My fighters pass vol 2 predictions list.png

Sora: I think he is inevitable for this pass. He's got success financially and fanatically so I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it in at all.

Ryu Hayabusa: Koei Tecmo and all that stuff. Leaks maybe but whatever... I don't even know why I put him here lol. I think he'd be pretty cool if they just made him like Simon to be an NES character come to HD.

Crash Bandicoot: He may have been a little too late to be in the first pass but I think the fan requests during volume 1 will slide him some room into this pass.

Sol Badguy: I guess Nintendo could try to get a smaller company on board so maybe they'll go for Arc System to get a character.

Promotional Nintendo character guy: Don't know who it could be or from what series they could be from but Nintendo will sure be wanting to promote their hippest new game of the year to be represented.

Geno: Maybe it was just there to show that there is going to be one more fighter than last time but maybe there is some significance to it. If anyone could probably get in, it'll probably be Geno for the monstrous fan requests for him and he'll be the only spirit character to be promoted. Then once and for all the "spirits deconfirm characters" will be put to rest... when it's too late.

So what do you all think of this? I'd hate to hear it.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Again, I think the only thing stopping some Indie characters is possible Moveset potential. I have not seen people make good moveset concepts for Sans or Cuphead and in all honesty? I think that's not them being Indies is why they got regulated to a costume but whether they have any viability and moveset potential as fighters.

It's why Reimu, Quote to an extent, and even admittedly Steve if you count him as Indie get requested a bit: There's actual potential to make good movesets and make them unique fighters.

Again, my two cents but it's less "They're Indies so they can't be full characters" but more "Are they even viable as fighters?"
I don't think Cuphead lacks moveset potential, I've seen many good moveset online and I could probably do one myself easily having played the game. I think his biggest problem would have been respecting his animation style, it would have probably been super hard for the Smash team and the best way would have probably to ask MDHR to help with the drawing and everything, but it might still look bad in Smash bros in some stage and having him interact with all items etc. Smash have way more animation than Cuphead (the game) so it would have been a huge challenge. But I don't think moveset would have been a problem.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I don't think Cuphead lacks moveset potential, I've seen many good moveset online and I could probably do one myself easily having played the game. I think his biggest problem would have been respecting his animation style, it would have probably been super hard for the Smash team and the best way would have probably to ask MDHR to help with the drawing and everything, but it might still look bad in Smash bros in some stage and having him interact with all items etc. Smash have way more animation than Cuphead (the game) so it would have been a huge challenge. But I don't think moveset would have been a problem.
That's something I haven't thought about there. Given Sakurai's love for trying to make a character as faithful to their source material as possible, I imagine the animation would have been a huge hurdle and a costume is possibly a good loophole abuse out of that to get him in by technicality without all that frustration.

KillerCage

Smash Master
We got our line up for EVO 2020 and Smash Ultimate is in.
Melee got the short end of the stick again.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Travis is in a similar situation to Bayonetta, that's for sure.
The thing is, NMH3 isn't published as far as I know by Nintendo and definitely it isn't funded by Nintendo. Beyond that it's obvious that Marvelos/Suda 51 and Nintendo have an agreement about marketing and maybe the game is a timed exclusive.

Travis Strikes Again was released recently on PS4 and Steam so I can see the same happening with NMH3. I don't recall any of the trailers that the game had so far saying "exclusively on Switch" like happened with Bayo 3.

Not that I think this is a blow to Travis chances. Few characters are in the position of Travis in regards to Smash. He and NMH maybe aren't a top priority for Nintendo but I could totally see Nintendo going for him with the objective to strengthen their relationship with Marvelous and making No More Heroes even more associated with Nintendo, plus Travis has quite fan demand.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guys I thought Travis was deconfirmed tho? I is confused?
i believe travis was deconfirmed TWICE. if Suda shot him down twice, even shortly before the more dlc characters announcement happebned with Terry, then i have reason to believe travis just. isn't happening period

same with sora. master chief might have the second pass in his favor. might.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
y'all sleeping on my boi
smh

though tbh ill even be content if he and/or copen become premium mii costumes with a track too - I JUST WANT GUNVOLT CONTENT IN SMASH IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK
Ah yes. The other game I don't understand the hype for even after playing it. EDIT: I was pretty bad at it though. My ability to beat any of the bosses relied on whether or not Anthem decided to trigger. Even then I'd still die a lot. I also kinda don't get the equipment system.

Cool character design though.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
There is still Dust (Dust: an Elysian Tail), the Knight (Hollow Knight,) Ori (Ori and the Blind Forest and its sequel,) and Quote (Cave Story.)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I know Suda51 said Travis wasn't in Smash, I think that was before the announcement of fighter pass 1 and if I'm not mistaken he was talking about base game or the first pass. Nothing more since then and if he did said something I'm surprised no one discussed that before lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ryu Hayabusa may as well be out of the running too given the sources IAmShifty predicted were for Base game and:ultpiranha:having been intended for Base as well.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
please give me dante in this season pass 2 just so i can observe
1.renewed fear of a combo action game character
2. people whine about another "swordsman"
3. people pretend to not know who he is.
4. which the salt from certain fanbases that another newer character got in over their beloved retro character.
I like the way you think lol.

Give us style and weapon switching via down B so he has a load of moves to switch between.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
While I expect no indie characters for the fighters pass, I do think these next two years should be rife with Sans/Cuphead esque costumes for a lot of them. Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Mugman, Dorothy (Steamworld Dig 2), The Messenger; there's loads that would be great to have a genuinely good Mii costume for.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Banjo & Kazooie were huge, but only for older fans of Super Smash Bros.
All the stuff relating to Banjo's reception seems to echo that he got a bigger reaction than what Nintendo expects, though.
https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/nintendo-was-surprised-by-the-reaction-to-banjos-smash-reveal/
They were surprised by how crazy it went. The E3 reveal seemed to be gigantic. When I was speaking to Nintendo back at their booth at E3, they were all saying it was a bigger reaction than they’re normally used to for Smash. So Nintendo did recognise that it was a big deal. They were surprised.
And it would follow that a big reception from one audience would bleed into over people's perception.

Do we have any better metrics of how well received any given fighter was?

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
Right now we've been lured into thinking an indie character isn't possible due to the deconfirmation of several popular choices, but every time we think we know a "rule" about character inclusions in Smash, Sakurai breaks it.

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
Nah, he can go **** himself after his Byleth reaction.
I'm pretty sure I blocked his YouTube channel after his incessant "leak" videos kept popping up in my recommended feed, despite me not being a subscriber and avoiding Smash related videos like the plague for like a solid year between E3 2018 and 2019.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Do Japanese even play that much indie games? I feel like indies are starting to become more and more popular in the West, but I've never really heard of a similar thing in Japan.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I am going to bet that ballot will have most of the popular names at the top with voting results inflated because the smash fandom is a giant echo chamber

ZelDan

Smash Master
Do Japanese even play that much indie games? I feel like indies are starting to become more and more popular in the West, but I've never really heard of a similar thing in Japan.
Touhou is an incredibly huge thing there (bigger there than anywhere else). Undertale also did quite well there.

That's all I really know or have heard about.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Touhou in Japan is probably bigger to them than most Western things here are big to us.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I think it would be a majority of Stay Night characters given that's where Artoria originated and it's the OG cast. Though Nero would make sense as a spirit representing Extra. Mordred/Jeanne/Astolfo for Apocrypha. Maybe a Zero character like Iskandar or Waver if we wanna go the master route and Mash for the Grand Order side. It'd be the perfect way to represent Fate beyond Stay Night there, IMO.

Because as of now, you can't just represent all of Fate with Stay Night given how it expanded itself.
That would all make sense and I agree. They'd go majority Fate/stay night and then have 1 each for other popular Fate series and the ones you chose make sense. Personally, I'd do it like this.
Emiya - Shirou.png
Archer & Rin- Archer.png Rin.png
Berserker & Illya- Berserker.png
Dark Sakura Matou - Sakura.png
Rider & Sakura* - Rider.png
Caster - Caster.png
Gilgamesh - Gilgamesh.png
Saber (Nero) - SaberN.png
Saber (Mordred)- SaberAM.png
Rider (Iskander) - Iskander.png
Shielder (Mash) - Mash.png

*We all know Sakurai doesn't care about Spoilers..especially ones for 15 year old games

Naturally there would be Fighter Spirits for Saber.png SaberA.png
For most of the Spirits I went for fighting ability or a similar appearance..Mash was the hardest since there's not really any shield fighters, so I just went with Link for her. Since most of the Masters don't really fight on their own, only Shirou Emiya & Rin Tohsaka are actually part of their respective battles, with Emiya solo as Pit for obvious reasons and Rin as Bayonetta assisting Archer as Dark Pit due to Rin's most common attack being similar to gunfire and the two of them having Dark Hair (and red Bayo1 Bayo works well colour-wise for Rin). Dark Sakura being represented by female Robin made since to me due to similar enough appearance and Robin having Nosferatu which is a good reference for what Dark Sakura does in the Heaven's Feel arc. Gilgamesh represented by Shulk was another difficult choice but I went with him since I figured the changed properties of his Monado Arts could reference how the different swords Gilgamesh can use well enough. Naturally Nero and Mordred are represented by the alt colours I made for them in the Saber for Smash Template I made.

Last edited:

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
Japan has a huge indie scene but it's mostly VNs or games that don't even register on the rest of the world's radar. Touhou is a major exception.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
The doujin scene in Japan is VERY different compared to the indie scene in the west, with perception playing a big part in that. For one, you're not really going to see many stories like Toby Fox or Joakim Sandberg's where you got these highly passionate people dedicating their life to a dream that may or may not fail. Rather, these are side projects that people do on their own time, and when they finally release, for the longest time they wouldn't even get wide releases and end up limited to conventions like Comiket. This has changed a lot in recent years of course, but it's not like the scene is thriving to the same extent as the west for all the reasons listed above.

The only real exception that I know of would be Cave Story just by virtue of its post-release visibility, which sort of followed a similar trend to western indie games. Of course it turned into a rights nightmare thanks to Nicalis which IIRC has totally screwed things up for the original creator, Pixel.

Then there's Touhou, which is a different beast entirely. It's more of a phenomenon than an indie game at this point just by virtue of its creator giving people carte blanche to do whatever they want with it. It's why I feel like if an indie rep is getting in at all, it's going to be Reimu.

Edit: I should also mention that the VN doujin scene also has some pretty big exceptions, such as the When They Cry franchise. The Fate franchise, which is MASSIVE also has its roots in doujin vn development.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If were still talking about a Nintendo promo pick, Unless they plan on making one of the new characters the next "Isabelle", I think that Tom Nook, a character thats been the face of the Animal Crossing series since day one, is in a good position to be a potential spirit upgrade to promote New Horizons.

.... That is, IF spirit upgrades are a thing. I hope...

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The thing about indies is: In the first Fighter's Pass, and presumably the second, Nintendo made a list of who Sakurai would be able to include as DLC. Nintendo straight up may have excluded any indie characters from the first Pass and left Sakurai with no way to pay tribute to them as proper fighters.

While I'm skeptical about an indie character as a full-on playable character in the upcoming second Pass, we can thus look at the Mii costumes for Sans and Cuphead in this context: Sakurai REALLY wanted to include them, because he loved Cuphead (I dunno his opinion on Undertale but Toby Fox beat him and when Toby Fox beats you, you do what he says) but Nintendo didn't put their names on their list. So Sakurai paid tribute to the two games the second best way he could, with a super cool Mii costume.

So basically: To me it seems less like indies aren't happening as playable characters at all, and more like Nintendo only excluded them from the first Pass, so Sakurai included Sans and Cuphead in a different way. Honestly, who knows what Fighter's Pass Vol. 2 holds, but if an indie character like Reimu happens after all, I wouldn't be completely caught off guard in retrospect. I still doubt Nintendo would prioritize putting an indie character over a NIntendo or third-party character on their list with only 6 empty slots, so I'll still be realistic and not expect any indie characters no matter how cool they could be.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Something to note: there is zero representation of Japanese indies in Smash. Shantae, Shovel Knight, Sans, Cuphead; all western. Nintendo/Sakurai may not have a preference here, but we do know that it's much easier to deal with other Japanese companies rather than western ones just based on stuff Sakurai has said in the past such as expressing difficulty over working with Grant Kirkhope due to the language barrier.

That makes me think if any indie would get in, it would have to be Japanese, which pretty much just gives us Quote and Reimu as candidates since there's not really anyone else with a presence in the west. The Kirkhope thing is also interesting to think about in the context of Reimu possibly getting in. I don't know what makes dealing with composers harder than the creator themselves when talking about the language barrier, but a quick reminder that Touhou is known for its music and Zun himself is the composer.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Late to this subject, but did everyone see the part of the column where Sakurai mentioned FP2 details in two weeks?

That would line up perfectly if the rumored Direct is next week with a reveal.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
If Nintendo chooses the lineup, then I guess one method of trying to guess who got in is seeing what collabs, ports, or remasters there are for the Switch that is upcoming.

I don't follow games outside of my interests. I know DMC3 is coming, are there any other notable games we should be paying attention to that are coming to Switch?

Late to this subject, but did everyone see the part of the column where Sakurai mentioned FP2 details in two weeks?

That would line up perfectly if the rumored Direct is next week with a reveal.
Yes, I saw that at the end of that Twitlong post.

Would be nice to get a reveal over and done with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom