• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Anyone who knows Spanish want to translate the main tweet?
And re: snapshot - no I don’t believe Zippo. I just want to know what the Spanish guy is saying
Just what we already know. Zippo says two directs. Doesn't know the dates, but thinks Animal Crossing is the 20th. Literally just a direct translation of Zippo's post, more or less.

Goombaic

Smash Ace

Anyone who knows Spanish want to translate the main tweet?
And re: snapshot - no I don’t believe Zippo. I just want to know what the Spanish guy is saying
I want it to be true as unlikely as it seems. All I want to know what to expect for 2020 please Nintendo.

The dude is just repeating what Zippo said in Spanish.

Last edited:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Friendly advice: don't get your Hope's up fellas . I usually try and not trust anything leakers say, so save your hype for the official announcement of a direct instead of potentially getting disappointed if one doesn't come out for another month or two

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Ah, fighting over Fire Emblem.

Anyway, here is a fun game: smash has games that span from 1980 to 2020. Ignoring skins, 1988, 1995, 2000, 2008, 2011, 2014 and 2018 are not represented by a fighter.

Who would you pick to fill each year?
1988: Ryu Hayabusa

1995: Crono

2000: Joanna Dark

2008: Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles)

2011: Demise (as a Ganondorf echo)

2014: Shovel Knight

2018: You know what came out in 2018? Smash Ultimate. That's right, Galeem gets added to the roster!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
2018: You know what came out in 2018? Smash Ultimate. That's right, Galeem gets added to the roster!
You know I've been thinking about this. What if Sakurai made a completely original character for the Super Smash Bros series and was like birthed from the defeat of Galeem and Dharkon? That'd be kind of cool if it was like one of the DLC characters and it gets like Galeem and Dharkon powers. I'd like to see that.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How do we know Zippo knows anything at all? Does he have a good track record? He could just be making things up for all we know.
The guy's source(s) were apparently verified by ResetEra mods, a site that's notoriously harsh when it comes to fake leaks (perma bans iirc). Said moderators also have their own proven sources, and are known to tease the odd thing here and there, so they should know if a contact is legit or not.

For now I think Zippo's word is just something that's worth keeping in mind, without taking it as gospel.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
The guy's source(s) were apparently verified by ResetEra mods, a site that's notoriously harsh when it comes to fake leaks (perma bans iirc). Said moderators also have their own proven sources, and are known to tease the odd thing here and there, so they should know if a contact is legit or not.

For now I think Zippo's word is just something that's worth keeping in mind, without taking it as gospel.
To be fair, ResetEra at this point has lost virtually any means of verifying if someone in the industry is legit or not. Zhuge and Emily Rogers are gone, so assuming Zippo is legit, he would have had to be verified before that.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

Anyway, here is a fun game: smash has games that span from 1980 to 2020. Ignoring skins, 1988, 1995, 2000, 2008, 2011, 2014 and 2018 are not represented by a fighter.

1988: Ryu Hayabusa
1995: C(h)rono
2000: The Grinch Paper Mario
2008: Lego Batman Amaterasu
2011: Steve or Dragonborn
2014: Freddy Shovel Knight

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good morning and...

*stretches arms*

I kinda wanna trust Zippo for a bit as long as he isn't leaking character identities. That way I can jist schedule myself over being depressed.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
IIRC isn’t Zippo the same guy who said DLC 5 was similar to Bayonetta in that it was a third party series that was revived by Nintendo and then shoehorned in why Byleth still applied to his infallible reasoning within his leak saying ‘Nintendo doesn’t own fire emblem’ despite suggesting they were third party as that literally is what bayonetta is? Long story short I wouldn’t trust Zippo at all.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
IIRC isn’t Zippo the same guy who said DLC 5 was similar to Bayonetta in that it was a third party series that was revived by Nintendo and then shoehorned in why Byleth still applied to his infallible reasoning within his leak saying ‘Nintendo doesn’t own fire emblem’ despite suggesting they were third party as that literally is what bayonetta is?
If memory serves, he went back on that statement after a while. Still before the actual reveal, mind you.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
If memory serves, he went back on that statement after a while. Still before the actual reveal, mind you.
I don’t think I caught that. Then again I don’t really trust Zippo so I haven’t been paying attention to his ‘leaks’ and I’m fairly certain he did then try to apply to Byleth to it. If he withdrew his leak and then tried to apply Byleth to the leak he claimed false then it wouldn’t look good on a budding ‘leakers’ track record.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One thing we can agree on. Zippo can be more trusted then MandyCan as much as I'd love for Crash to be the first fighter of the second pass.

Crash or 2B/Elma I'm fine with whoever is FP6.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One thing we can agree on. Zippo can be more trusted then MandyCan as much as I'd love for Crash to be the first fighter of the second pass.

I just wanna see FP6 first so I can judge on the direction Sakurai will take the pass.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If FP6 started even with Amaterasu or Phoenix Wright that'd be just as great.

They along with 2B, Crash, Master Chief (Due to Doom Slayer being out of the running), Elma and Nightmare are my most current wants.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman

If Zippo really didn’t withdraw this stuff about fighter 5 being similar to bayonetta then it’s probably better to trust mandycan than him. At least can hasn’t got anything wrong thus far and I am fully aware of the twitter trick btw

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Zippo really didn’t withdraw this stuff about fighter 5 being similar to bayonetta then it’s probably better to trust mandycan than him. At least can hasn’t got anything wrong thus far and I am fully aware of the twitter trick btw
Thing is given the whole "Vergeben Sucks" makes it hard to take him seriously and for all we know he could be piggybacking on other sources.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
When you think about it...Kid Icarus is probably the most minor Nintendo IP to actually get a fully unique secondary character (and not a deriative in the way Wolf and Lucas are) in the form of Palutena. Dat Sakurai bias I suppose
And what a good bias. We don't deserve Palutena.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Thing is given the whole "Vergeben Sucks" makes it hard to take him seriously and for all we know he could be piggybacking on other sources.
But would you rather trust someone with a seemingly spotless track record who has a particular distaste to say the least for another leaker or a leaker who came out of nowhere, hasnt really leaked anything, if memory recalls correctly is ridiculously cryptic with leaks and has made a leak, had it semi debunked but instead used the character that was announced as a door stop to shoehorn in why they really were right about their hint which was probably fake in the first place? Not that I trust any of them but I’d rather trust Mandy than Zippo

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I also expect to see a lot of the same "types of characters" as we saw in Volume 1 in Fighter's Pass Volume 2. In that I feel like a "huge third party with a legacy", the fan favorite, the first party, the new and somewhat more niche third party, and new and exciting third party all feel like similarly full of potential categories to satisfy lots of Smash fans with another character on top of them. I don't think it'll be an obvious 1-to-1 thing in regards to how Volume 2 will be handled, but I could easily see them going back to similar wells.

I also think that we'll see Sakurai make a couple of additional never-evers happen. And no I'm not necessarily referring to the characters people label as such, but rather the types of character you never expected to actually get into Smash happening in a big way like Joker, Hero, and Banjo & Kazooie were all for this specific cycle. They were all three to some degree impossible picks (Dragon Quest being such a complicated IP that Square Enix is protective of still should definitely earn Sakurai more credit than he gets for its inclusion) that even if they weren't all the biggest fighters, really brought some incredible dreams to reality.

It's kind of weird, Terry and Byleth are the only two of the Fighter's Pass that seemed more realistic as picks considering what they were, and even Terry is a big maybe considering SNK's relative place in the industry.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But would you rather trust someone with a seemingly spotless track record who has a particular distaste to say the least for another leaker or a leaker who came out of nowhere, hasnt really leaked anything, if memory recalls correctly is ridiculously cryptic with leaks and has made a leak, had it semi debunked but instead used the character that was announced as a door stop to shoehorn in why they really were right about their hint which was probably fake in the first place? Not that I trust any of them but I’d rather trust Mandy than Zippo
Keeping expectations low because again MandyCan could be piggyback riding.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Keeping expectations low because again MandyCan could be piggyback riding.
I never actually said I trusted Mandycan though. All I’m saying is if you don’t trust mandycan you shouldn’t really trust Zippo. And anyway the reason mandycan could be fake has absolutely nothing to do with piggybacking it’s just because they could have done the Twitter trick

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I never actually said I trusted Mandycan though. All I’m saying is if you don’t trust mandycan you shouldn’t really trust Zippo. And anyway the reason mandycan could be fake has absolutely nothing to do with piggybacking it’s just because they could have done the Twitter trick
Or he could have just kept himself obscure, made a bunch of predictions and then made his account known once he picked and chosen which predictions he made right.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And this is why I call them the higher-ups. They're just a step ahead of everyone else.
Yep Vergeben predicted Everyone coming back, Ridley, Belmonts, Ken, Incineroar and such.

IAmShifty predicted Piranha Plant as well as Dracula and Marx as bosses.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

1998 - Wood Man (Megaman 2)
1995 - Kamek (Yoshi's Island)
2000 - Paper Mario
2008 - Galacta Knight (Kirby Super Star Ultra)
2011 - Magalor (Kirby's Return to Dream Land)
2014 - Shovel Knight
2018 - Melmetal (Pokemon Let's Go)

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Has IAmShifty said anything since Hayabusa?
Nope. I’m also fairly certain they were wrong about Hayabusa since they backed him coming before 2020 but nothing materialised so even that throws into question whether you can trust shifty

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nope. I’m also fairly certain they were wrong about Hayabusa since they backed him coming before 2020 but nothing materialised so even that throws into question whether you can trust shifty
I still say he's worth keeping an eye on again he predicted Piranha Plant and Dracula and Marx as bosses.

Not as credible as say Vergeben but still has gotten things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom