• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
It's interesting how the absence of Three Houses spirits was the most obvious clue we had regarding Byleth's inclusion - and also how it seems almost purposely concealed by delaying the Astral Chains spirits until now. We knew that they liked releasing spirits to promote released games, so when they first released Daemon X Machina spirits while skipping over Three Houses and Astral Chains, we thought that either it was a weird blip for them to ignore, or there was some copyright issue behind the scenes that we didn't know about. But then they did Pokemon Sword/Shield spirits too...

Had Three Houses been the only exception, people would've have zeroed in on Byleth very quickly. But as we saw, people instead rallied around Akira from Astral Chain (largely because of their absence). With no foreseeable reason at all to delay the Astral Chain spirits like that, I daresay it was an intentional tactic to take speculation attention away from Three Houses.

Of course, if spirit absence really is a clue now, all of that would now certainly point towards a Luigi's Mansion 3 rep...

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
It's interesting how the absence of Three Houses spirits was the most obvious clue we had regarding Byleth's inclusion - and also how it seems almost purposely concealed by delaying the Astral Chains spirits until now. We knew that they liked releasing spirits to promote released games, so when they first released Daemon X Machina spirits while skipping over Three Houses and Astral Chains, we thought that either it was a weird blip for them to ignore, or there was some copyright issue behind the scenes that we didn't know about. But then they did Pokemon Sword/Shield spirits too...

Had Three Houses been the only exception, people would've have zeroed in on Byleth very quickly. But as we saw, people instead rallied around Akira from Astral Chain (largely because of their absence). With no foreseeable reason at all to delay the Astral Chain spirits like that, I daresay it was an intentional tactic to take speculation attention away from Three Houses.

Of course, if spirit absence really is a clue now, all of that would now certainly point towards a Luigi's Mansion 3 rep...
Honestly, and I know it would prob piss people off, but I would lose my mind over King Boo in an LM3 pack, especially if Gooigi were a bonus echo, that would just be perfect

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'm just saying, being right that the 2019 GOTY didn't get spirits may be the most validating thing I've experienced in Smash speculation

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If we do get a starter Pokemon, I'm kinda conflicted on which one I'd want.

Cinderace is my favorite, but I know people will hate it for being another fire type.
Rillaboom would probably be received better, but that's only because it's a grass type; I think it's the one I want least.
Inteleon...exists I guess. Not bad, but not great.

Overall though, the starters are pretty meh.
Intelleon is the best by a mile. Legitimately one of my favorite starters already. I love the Sobble to Drizzle to Intelleon line, and Intelleon as a sniping water Pokemon is just the best.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

The prophecy is true.

He is coming.

69811d1635e002ffdf4808bc82946c90.png

Be prepared, Smashboards.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bruh how come people angry that the majority of the fighters pass is JRPG but at the same time they want Geno? Bruh
Would it help if I said I didn't want Geno, but instead cool fighting game and platformer bros?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Cinderace could be cool only if they incorporate Libero into his moveset.

Imagine his normal moves changing attributes based on the special moves he used. That'd be hella rad.

A Soccer fighter could be cool too I guess.

Rillaboom Baboom would break the game if he went up against himself since he always win, so that's a no go. Besides, Baboom knows that the true way to win is to not be in Smash Bros., as doing so preserves your fanbase and notoriety for eternity.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Cinderace could be cool only if they incorporate Libero into his moveset.

Imagine his normal moves changing attributes based on the special moves he used. That'd be hella rad.
The heck's Libero? *looks it up* Oh, so it's Protean, but soccer themed. I don't think they'd use it as a mechanic in the interest of keeping the character fire themed.

EDIT: I mean, Greninja doesn't have Protean when it wouldn't conflict with his water ninja theming so...

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Yeah... catching people off guard feels like the only good reason for them to wait on Astral Chain spirit. There were a **** ton of people that I saw write "so does this mean that we won¨t get a Three House character (pretty please)" and stuff similar to that.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
First, Decidueye has a cool visual design and seems to be the favorite of the Alolan starters
Ehh, I'd say none of the fully evolved versions of the Alolan starters are as popular as Rowlet, specifically.

I wanted Rowlet in Smash Ultimate's base game, not Decidueye, especially since Pokemon Trainer returned and fulfilled the "starter trio" thing by themselves so it didn't matter anymore having another fully evolved starter Pokemon to accompany Greninja, at least to me.

Edit: this is not a jab from me at Incineroar, btw, I'm okay with them. Plus, Intimidate Incineroar has popularity in the competitive Pokemon community like Protean Greninja does, so it's not like I'm saying Incineroar straight up lacks popularity.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Aight all this Fire Emblem whining has got me thinking -- what series wouldn't you mind getting another rep via DLC?

I wouldn't mind another Pokemon rep, as long as they don't pick a humanoid starter.
I think most series I'd be fine with getting a character, because most of these franchises have a LOT of cool ******.

Mega Man, Street Fighter, Donkey Kong, Final Fantasy, Kirby, Sonic, Castlevaina, Xenoblade, Metroid(though I imagine people would be mad at Sylux).

And then there's Zelda, where I don't have anyone I give that much of a **** about honestly.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
So... I've made a support thread for Reiji and Xiaomu in Smash if you want to take a look...
Tough i'm not sure if i can say it in this thread...

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Another game that don't have spirit for now is Ring fit. I'm not sure if she could have been chose for the dlc, but I seriously think that she would be a fun choice.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think Spirits added post-release potentially disconfirm, but basegame Spirits are fair game at this point. Vol. 2 definitely wasn’t decided until at least Spring or Summer last year, and Sakurai could potentially go back to certain characters he/his Spirits team initially decided for spirits and give them another shot.

Also, I would like Inteleon as well. I nicknamed mine Gexit :p

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
If we’re talking starters, we need Inteleon 100%. The secret agent thing would be really cool. Also, his gigantamax is really cool, so that’d make a great final smash.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Gooigi as an Echo Fighter of Luigi makes sense. But if Luigi's Mansion 3 is getting a spot on DLC as we know it, then it'd have to be a unique character.

I believe both E. Gadd and King Boo are spirits, but they have a stage and music they could bring thanks to LM3 and even a bunch of other Luigi's Mansion series themes. I doubt it'll be somebody else from that game, though.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Just for the heck of it, I looked up the hidden abilities of all of the starter Pokémon in the Super Smash Bros. series. Here are the mechanics that would transpire if used:
  • Squirtle-Heals periodically when it rains on the Distant Planet stage.
  • Ivysaur- Becomes the second fastest character in the game on specific stages.
  • Charizard-Periodically takes damage, but becomes 1.5x more powerful on specific stages.
  • Greninja-Attacks have different properties after using different special moves. (This one takes creative liberties and is tehponycorn's idea)
  • Incineroar-The opponent's strength based attacks (punches and the like) are now weaker.
For the most part, it's just unbalanced crap that would be mildly amusing the first time you saw it.

Ehh, I'd say none of the fully evolved versions of the Alolan starters are as popular as Rowlet, specifically.

I wanted Rowlet in Smash Ultimate's base game, not Decidueye, especially since Pokemon Trainer returned and fulfilled the "starter trio" thing by themselves so it didn't matter anymore having another fully evolved starter Pokemon to accompany Greninja, at least to me.

Edit: this is not a jab from me at Incineroar, btw, I'm okay with them. Plus, Intimidate Incineroar has popularity in the competitive Pokemon community like Protean Greninja does, so it's not like I'm saying Incineroar straight up lacks popularity.
Fair enough on the Rowlet thing. Most of my knowledge of Incineroar's popularity comes from initial reactions so they could be outdated.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
We haven't had a primarily kick-based fighter yet so I definitely think Cinderace could be cool if he's one of those characters that incorporates Tae-Kwon-Do fighting like Hwoarang, Juri, Kim Kaphwan, and also Capoiera like Eddy Gordo, and Elena.

Mix all these martial arts with soccer moves like sliding, headbutting, bicycle kicks and of course his signature pyro balls, you could have a recipe for a really neat character.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So here's an interesting thought exercise. Sakurai has broken a bunch of fanmade "rules" over the years, but there's still a bunch left. Which one would you guys MOST want broken? Some rules include but are not limited to:

No Assist Trophy upgrades
No Spirit upgrades
Post-release Spirit board series/games won't be getting a character
No non-main characters before main character
No antagonists before main character
No indies
No "region-locked" characters (coming from a series that hasn't officially released in both North America and Japan)

As for my most wanted (Monokuma), I'd have to go with the antagonist one.

That said, there's a twisted part of me that wants the "no non-main characters before main character" one (which I categorize as separate from the antagonist one). The reason for this is it would DESTROY the speculation scene entirely. Just imagine the chaos it would cause.

Like, think of instead of Hero getting in, Kyle from Dragon Quest 11 did. Instead of Banjo Kazooie, we got Bottles. Instead of Cloud, we got Wakka from Final Fantasy 10. It would be hilarious and open speculation up to a ridiculous extent since it would seem the characters picked are entirely random and not have any logic behind them at all.
Spirit upgrades, mostly because Smash 4 had Lucas and Mewtwo trophies, yet they were added as characters. So I'd like to think PNGs shouldn't hinder characters from being added either. Granted, in Mega Man X's case would have to be similar to Chrom's a Final Smash model being used for a full fledged fighter. Same would go for Protoman if they wanted an Echo instead, but since he's only a little taller than Mega Man, making him an Echo shouldn't be too hard, I hope anyway.

If ATs got upgrades, the amount of hype and salt would be astronomical though. No matter who got chosen. So part of me almost wants that to happen, since everyone would go nuts.

Two of the characters I'd want Jin Kazama and Ryu Hayabusa don't apply to any of these though.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
So here's an interesting thought exercise. Sakurai has broken a bunch of fanmade "rules" over the years, but there's still a bunch left. Which one would you guys MOST want broken? Some rules include but are not limited to:

No Assist Trophy upgrades
No Spirit upgrades
Post-release Spirit board series/games won't be getting a character
No non-main characters before main character
No antagonists before main character
No indies
No "region-locked" characters (coming from a series that hasn't officially released in both North America and Japan)

As for my most wanted (Monokuma), I'd have to go with the antagonist one.

That said, there's a twisted part of me that wants the "no non-main characters before main character" one (which I categorize as separate from the antagonist one). The reason for this is it would DESTROY the speculation scene entirely. Just imagine the chaos it would cause.

Like, think of instead of Hero getting in, Kyle from Dragon Quest 11 did. Instead of Banjo Kazooie, we got Bottles. Instead of Cloud, we got Wakka from Final Fantasy 10. It would be hilarious and open speculation up to a ridiculous extent since it would seem the characters picked are entirely random and not have any logic behind them at all.

Since my most wanted is Darkrai and this fan made rule actually bugs me quite a bit, I have to say the "No Assist Trophy/Pokeball upgrades" rule.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
We haven't had a primarily kick-based fighter yet so I definitely think Cinderace could be cool if he's one of those characters that incorporates Tae-Kwon-Do fighting like Hwoarang, Juri, Kim Kaphwan, and also Capoiera like Eddy Gordo, and Elena.

Mix all these martial arts with soccer moves like sliding, headbutting, bicycle kicks and of course his signature pyro balls, you could have a recipe for a really neat character.
And every kick should be a reflector :)

RetroBro

Smash Ace
When will people learn that Sakurai has no written ruleset for who gets in smash. Spirits will never be a full deconfirmation for any character. Way too big - Ridley. No moveset potential for smash - Villager. No guns in smash - Bayonetta. No DLC for Sm4sh. These are all things that have been explicitly changed despite the "rules".

Obviously this is all stuff that he's outright TOLD us.

There has been no outright declaration that spirits deconfirm - it's an unwritten rule by fans who try to rationalize who gets picked. Keep in mind that DLC pack 2 was not initially planned, therefore it will inevitably change things that may or may not have been stated - which we don't even know what has been stated by the developers.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

We do have Ken, almost all of his moves are kicks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In the end, Ridley was pretty much the only character that had constant vocal support until the very end.

K. Rool had to wait until Diddy got in to take off, Geno was popular during the Brawl era but more or less disappeared for Smash 4 until Sakurai basically bailed him out, and Banjo & Kazooie were just LOL until Phil Spencer gave his blessings on Twitter.
The same applies to Sonic, and to a lesser extent Mega Man as well.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Alright, it took a bit of time (most of that spent waiting for SmashBoards to not **** up image uploads for the umpteenth time), but I finally finished my picks for Fighter Pass Volume 2. BEHOLD!!
FPV2.png

-= Geno =-
Geno has a lot going for him: Mii Costume is still MIA, two potential leaks pertaining to Mii Costumes, specifically SquareEnix costumes, don't mention his Mii Costume returning, three of the biggest longtime fan requests are already in the game and most of the other newcomers have been chosen based on fan feedback, Super Mario RPG is yet to see rerelease via NSO which may indicate some sort of tie-in, Sakurai himself agrees that the character would work well in Smash, the list goes on and on. Honestly, It's amazing how much he has going in his favor.

I personally don't have a very strong connection to the character, never played his game (I plan to do so when it comes to NSO), mostly heard of him during the Brawl days via Newgrounds flash animations (funnily enough, I don't actually like Rawest Forest. In fact I find it kind of annoying. actually). But I'm right there with everyone else when I say I'd love to see him make it to Smash.

-= Crash Bandicoot =-
I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that when Banjo & Kazooie came to Smash, it was truly the end of an era. One of the biggest NEVER EVERS finally getting into Smash despite many people's (myself included) doubts. It was an amazing time, so much joy to be had, hype was at an all time high. But this hype got me wondering: How could they top this? What other characters could they reveal at this point that would get people as excited as Banjo & Kazooie? I could only think of two characters that I thought could match it, and one of those was Crash.

Crash getting into Smash would be amazing. To have yet another one of Gaming's most iconic 90's platformer mainstays join this game would be beyond incredible, and I'd love to see what kind of wacky moveset they could pull off with him. I think there's a good chance he'll actually happen this DLC Pass, and having alleged insider information like this certainly helps:
https://twitter.com/MandyCanNot/status/1186504943877967872
https://twitter.com/MandyCanNot/status/1203407675150745601
https://twitter.com/MandyCanNot/status/1216800286452396033
https://twitter.com/MandyCanNot/status/1219170163838390273
Here's hoping he's right.

-= Ryu Hayabusa =-
When I had first heard Ryu's name pop up in speculation, I honestly didn't care all that much. But unlike other names such as KOS-MOS or Reimu, I actually really started to warm up to the idea of Ryu joining Smash. I think it helps that I has just recently beaten the original Ninja Gaiden in one sitting without savestates via NSO, but either way I'm totally in favor of him joining Smash. He for sure feels like one of the last big NES characters to have yet to make it into Smash, and I would love to see him get in. Bonus points for having an NES alt.

-= Doomguy =-
Crash was one of the last characters I thought would be as hype as Banjo, and Doomguy is the other one. I think it's absolutely terrible that one of the quintessential video games, the grandfather of most FPS games, and one of the most metal game franchises out there, has yet to make it to Smash in some way. Doomguy would bring a very unique playstyle to Smash, using mostly guns to attack his opponents alongside the occasional chainsaw. I don't even think his signature ripping and tearing would be enough to prevent him from getting in either, since Smash doesn't really have much in the say of blood and gore to begin with.

One thing that's certainly helping him stay on people's minds is the CacoMallow Post, which if true seems to indicate we'll be getting DOOM content sometime in the future. A lot of people believe that this post could mean Doomguy would be coming as a costume rather than a fighter, but I really don't see that happening because A) It would be weird for them to include someone like Dragonborn or the Fallout Boy and include more DOOM costumes than anything from those series, and B) If they were to include Doomguy as a costume, why even bother with the Cacodemon Hat? Surely Doomguy's Praetor Armor would be enough.

-= Lloyd Irving =-
Much like Geno, Lloyd and Heihachi are two major third party characters that had costumes in Smash 4 that have yet to return. I think it's safe to say that a Namco character is coming to the game at some point, and it's likely going to be one of these two. While Heihachi is the bigger name, and was considered for Smash 4 as a DLC fighter at one point, he was rejected because they couldn't find a way to incorporate the Tekken gameplay style into his moveset, so I'm putting my money on Lloyd getting in.

Tales Of may not be on the same level as Final Fantasy or Spongebob in terms of popularity, but it's a pretty big deal. The fighting style of the Tales Of series seems tailor made for a Smash moveset, with combat being done on a sort of 2d plane and special moves being set to different directional imputs like Special Moves in Smash are. It's also worth noting that Tales Of is recently celebrating it's 25th anniversary, so what better way to celebrate than by getting a character in Smash?

-= Sora =-
Gonna be honest, I don't particularly care for Sora one way or the other. Never played the Kingdom Hearts games (and given how much of a cluster**** the story is, why would I?) and I have no attachment to Sora personally. That said, I know that people really want to see him get in Smash at some point, and I'm all for seeing people get what they want, so I'm not opposed to him getting in. That said, I'd very much prefer Geno gets in before he does. Not that I think he's competition for Geno anyways since, being wholly owned by Disney and not Square, he's not. It's just what I'd prefer to see happen.

Anyways, that's my reasonings for all of them. Sorry if this is a little rambley and unfocused.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Smash ain't ready for a Capo.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Alright, it took a bit of time (most of that spent waiting for SmashBoards to not **** up image uploads for the umpteenth time), but I finally finished my picks for Fighter Pass Volume 2. BEHOLD!!
I was making a Vol 2 list and then procrastinated, but these are all characters I had (outside of Doom) that I had on my want/expect lists combined. I'd consider that even better than Vol 1, even if Vol 1 had my dream character. 3/6 in terms of my wants, compared to 2/5 on Vol 1.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Because it's hard for me to predict individually who could be the six I'm going to divide characters (in no particular order) into chance based categories as follows (High Chance, Low Chance, Off Chance, Unsure) Please be advised these are just opinion and also not every character may of been included I apologize in advance if I forgot someone.

These are the characters I feel have a above average chance of getting a slot: Dante(DMC), Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden), Demon Slayer(Doom), Arle Nadja(PuyoPuyo), Kos-Mos(Xenosaga), Lloyd Irving(Tales Of), Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney), Crash Bandicoot(Crash B), Master Chief(Halo), Travis Touchdown(No More Heroes),

These are the characters I feel have a 50-50 chance of getting a slot: Porky Minch(Earthbound/Mother), Bandana Dee(Kirby), Professor Layton, Amaterasu(Okami), a Pokemon character

These are the characters I feel have a low average chance at a slot: Agumon(Digimon), a Fire Emblem character, Reimu Hakurei(Touhou), Monster Hunter, Elma(Xenoblade X), Rex (Xenoblade 2), Heihachi(Tekken)

These are characters already in the game as spirits or Ats and could have a off chance of getting a slot: Geno(Super MarioRPG), Shantae(Shantae), Isaac(Golden Sun), Waluigi(Mario Sports/Party games), Dixie Kong(DK series), Skull Kid (Majora's Mask), Rayman

These are the characters I'm unsure about due to certain factors: Sora(Kingdom Hearts), Gordon Freeman(Half-Life), Goku(DragonballZ)

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
View attachment 259005
-= Geno =-
Geno has a lot going for him: Mii Costume is still MIA, two potential leaks pertaining to Mii Costumes, specifically SquareEnix costumes, don't mention his Mii Costume returning, three of the biggest longtime fan requests are already in the game and most of the other newcomers have been chosen based on fan feedback, Super Mario RPG is yet to see rerelease via NSO which may indicate some sort of tie-in, Sakurai himself agrees that the character would work well in Smash, the list goes on and on. Honestly, It's amazing how much he has going in his favor.

I personally don't have a very strong connection to the character, never played his game (I plan to do so when it comes to NSO), mostly heard of him during the Brawl days via Newgrounds flash animations (funnily enough, I don't actually like Rawest Forest. In fact I find it kind of annoying. actually). But I'm right there with everyone else when I say I'd love to see him make it to Smash.

-= Crash Bandicoot =-
I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that when Banjo & Kazooie came to Smash, it was truly the end of an era. One of the biggest NEVER EVERS finally getting into Smash despite many people's (myself included) doubts. It was an amazing time, so much joy to be had, hype was at an all time high. But this hype got me wondering: How could they top this? What other characters could they reveal at this point that would get people as excited as Banjo & Kazooie? I could only think of two characters that I thought could match it, and one of those was Crash.

Crash getting into Smash would be amazing. To have yet another one of Gaming's most iconic 90's platformer mainstays join this game would be beyond incredible, and I'd love to see what kind of wacky moveset they could pull off with him. I think there's a good chance he'll actually happen this DLC Pass, and having alleged insider information like this certainly helps:
https://twitter.com/MandyCanNot/status/1186504943877967872
https://twitter.com/MandyCanNot/status/1203407675150745601
https://twitter.com/MandyCanNot/status/1216800286452396033
https://twitter.com/MandyCanNot/status/1219170163838390273
Here's hoping he's right.

-= Ryu Hayabusa =-
When I had first heard Ryu's name pop up in speculation, I honestly didn't care all that much. But unlike other names such as KOS-MOS or Reimu, I actually really started to warm up to the idea of Ryu joining Smash. I think it helps that I has just recently beaten the original Ninja Gaiden in one sitting without savestates via NSO, but either way I'm totally in favor of him joining Smash. He for sure feels like one of the last big NES characters to have yet to make it into Smash, and I would love to see him get in. Bonus points for having an NES alt.

-= Doomguy =-
Crash was one of the last characters I thought would be as hype as Banjo, and Doomguy is the other one. I think it's absolutely terrible that one of the quintessential video games, the grandfather of most FPS games, and one of the most metal game franchises out there, has yet to make it to Smash in some way. Doomguy would bring a very unique playstyle to Smash, using mostly guns to attack his opponents alongside the occasional chainsaw. I don't even think his signature ripping and tearing would be enough to prevent him from getting in either, since Smash doesn't really have much in the say of blood and gore to begin with.

One thing that's certainly helping him stay on people's minds is the CacoMallow Post, which if true seems to indicate we'll be getting DOOM content sometime in the future. A lot of people believe that this post could mean Doomguy would be coming as a costume rather than a fighter, but I really don't see that happening because A) It would be weird for them to include someone like Dragonborn or the Fallout Boy and include more DOOM costumes than anything from those series, and B) If they were to include Doomguy as a costume, why even bother with the Cacodemon Hat? Surely Doomguy's Praetor Armor would be enough.

-= Lloyd Irving =-
Much like Geno, Lloyd and Heihachi are two major third party characters that had costumes in Smash 4 that have yet to return. I think it's safe to say that a Namco character is coming to the game at some point, and it's likely going to be one of these two. While Heihachi is the bigger name, and was considered for Smash 4 as a DLC fighter at one point, he was rejected because they couldn't find a way to incorporate the Tekken gameplay style into his moveset, so I'm putting my money on Lloyd getting in.

Tales Of may not be on the same level as Final Fantasy or Spongebob in terms of popularity, but it's a pretty big deal. The fighting style of the Tales Of series seems tailor made for a Smash moveset, with combat being done on a sort of 2d plane and special moves being set to different directional imputs like Special Moves in Smash are. It's also worth noting that Tales Of is recently celebrating it's 25th anniversary, so what better way to celebrate than by getting a character in Smash?

-= Sora =-
Gonna be honest, I don't particularly care for Sora one way or the other. Never played the Kingdom Hearts games (and given how much of a cluster**** the story is, why would I?) and I have no attachment to Sora personally. That said, I know that people really want to see him get in Smash at some point, and I'm all for seeing people get what they want, so I'm not opposed to him getting in. That said, I'd very much prefer Geno gets in before he does. Not that I think he's competition for Geno anyways since, being wholly owned by Disney and not Square, he's not. It's just what I'd prefer to see happen.

Anyways, that's my reasonings for all of them. Sorry if this is a little rambley and unfocused.
This is my list 1:1. I am even trying to think of replacing one of those fighters, but nothing. So I guess Honorable mention(s) if we do get an Assist promotion is The Wah and Isaac.

Also, I was gonna take a break from my normal thread and come to learn it was closed...Hello old faces!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Where'd the .5 come from?
Hayabusa : 1
Geno, Doom Slayer, Sora : .5 each

Listen man, constantly replying to these fan-rosters with just numbers and zero clarification doesn't make for good conversation. It kinda just feels like meaningless spam.
So it'd be better if I cut and pasted the same explanation every time a character shows up on multiple lists?
If someone wants more information, they can request it. Otherwise, I'm not going bore people with details they didn't ask for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom