• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My six predictions for season 2 once again:
1. Ryu Hayabusa
2. Elma (first Spirit promotion)
3. Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy (second Spirit promotion)
4. Neku Sakuraba
5. KOS-MOS
6. Arle Nadja

just changed the order a bit cause number 3 is FP8 and it just has to be Octoling cause I say so and also OE did this whole thing with the number 8

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Cpt Falcon's design is inspired by western superheroes, though they made an F-Zero anime with Cpt Falcon in it, so he's kinda both anime and not-anime at the same time.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Fighters Pass vol.2 Predictions

I’m guessing we’re going to be getting a huge character first, since Sakurai must know that if he doesn’t do that, nobody will buy the pass initially. So I’m gonna guess it’s going to be a large request that many people have wanted for a while. I’m guessing Geno for the first slot.

Even though people are already losing faith in Dante after we got Byleth, I think it’s still definitely possible to get him. The majority of the evidence in his favor still holds up. And after a character like Geno in the first slot, if they use a small, unwanted character than people will start thinking Geno was the only big character and won’t care to buy the pass. Geno would be the hook of the pass and Dante would be what convinced them to buy the entire pass.

I know people don’t care to see somebody predicting an Undertale rep, which is exactly why I think we’d be getting one third. After everyone has bought the pass, they have to get all the ‘only a few people want them’ characters out. I hope you understand. A character like Frisk would certainly get a few people excited, but they have to get a character like this out as soon as the sales for the pass have gone up enough.

I’m not gonna pretend to know a ton about the ‘tales of’ series. But I will say that it seems to be a popular request in Japan and a decently requested character in other areas. And a Bandai Namco rep does seem very likely, so I’m going to add him for the fourth spot on this prediction list.

Not gonna pretend to know much about this character either. All I’m gonna say is that a SEGA rep seems very likely and that we already have evidence going for her.

Now this may seem biased, but I 100% believe Phoenix Wright to be the final pass character. After everyone has gotten bored after the okay-ish (judging by requests, not characters themselves) characters, they’re gonna make sure that people aren’t left disappointed for the final character. A Capcom character also seems impossible to not happen, so it almost makes perfect sense. Anyways, that’s all for my predictions.

6A3ED1A5-B328-48E1-B886-76DB6528255C.jpeg

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My personal predictions

1: Dante (E3 2020 reveal)
2: Rillaboom
3: Metroid prime 4 promotional pick
4: Sora (E3 2021 reveal)
5: kazuma Kiryu
6: a tales of protagonist

I specifically marked the E3 reveals because I figured those would be the big ones designed to catch people's attention and please fans a lot.

Everything else I'm keeping my expectations incredibly low, my predictions means nothing but I called most of season so who knows I might get lucky a second time and correctly guess this season too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Spam
The F word isn't allowed, I suggest editting it out or deleting it

Also Captain Falcon is Kamen Rider, which according to Taiko no Tatsujin, is anime
here comes the mods!!!! Runnnn!
1478603D-AC45-4471-91AB-D366DC3B0AFD.png

edit: The irony is not lost on me :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Droodle

Smash Lord
The people who say that Smash wasn't always anime are stupid. Anime is literally just Japanese animation (which has several different art styles, just like any cartoon), so of course it's anime.

Literally 80% of the roster is anime already. Even if we remove all of FE; it's still pretty anime.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The people who say that Smash wasn't always anime are stupid. Anime is literally just Japanese animation (which has several different art styles, just like any cartoon), so of course it's anime.

Literally 80% of the roster is anime already. Even if we remove all of FE; it's still pretty anime.
Nono but you see, the N64 isn't anime, so Zelda isn't anime, nor is Byleth
7d0.png

See, we got another 64 rep after all

Droodle

Smash Lord
Someone on my Facebook feed posted this-

View attachment 258532
TBH, the Minecraft Steve hate is kinda ridiculous. The dude is from one of the most influential games of the decade, and the game is popular all around the world.

Not to mention he could have a pretty creative moveset too. I know people wanted Banjo first, but even with Banjo people just shifted over to Chief instead. After Chief they'll just shift to another character, and just try to diminish Steve's chances.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Technically people were right when they said FP5 was gonna be next to Daisy since she’s seemingly interacting with nothing

18C10841-36A4-475B-B1F9-526B5CE5E554.jpeg

D

Deleted member

TBH, the Minecraft Steve hate is kinda ridiculous. The dude is from one of the most influential games of the decade, and the game is popular all around the world.

Not to mention he could have a pretty creative moveset too. I know people wanted Banjo first, but even with Banjo people just shifted over to Chief instead. After Chief they'll just shift to another character, and just try to diminish Steve's chances.
Tbf Chief is Xbox mascot & baby

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Fighters Pass vol.2 Predictions

I’m guessing we’re going to be getting a huge character first, since Sakurai must know that if he doesn’t do that, nobody will buy the pass initially. So I’m gonna guess it’s going to be a large request that many people have wanted for a while. I’m guessing Geno for the first slot.

Even though people are already losing faith in Dante after we got Byleth, I think it’s still definitely possible to get him. The majority of the evidence in his favor still holds up. And after a character like Geno in the first slot, if they use a small, unwanted character than people will start thinking Geno was the only big character and won’t care to buy the pass. Geno would be the hook of the pass and Dante would be what convinced them to buy the entire pass.

I know people don’t care to see somebody predicting an Undertale rep, which is exactly why I think we’d be getting one third. After everyone has bought the pass, they have to get all the ‘only a few people want them’ characters out. I hope you understand. A character like Frisk would certainly get a few people excited, but they have to get a character like this out as soon as the sales for the pass have gone up enough.

I’m not gonna pretend to know a ton about the ‘tales of’ series. But I will say that it seems to be a popular request in Japan and a decently requested character in other areas. And a Bandai Namco rep does seem very likely, so I’m going to add him for the fourth spot on this prediction list.

Not gonna pretend to know much about this character either. All I’m gonna say is that a SEGA rep seems very likely and that we already have evidence going for her.

Now this may seem biased, but I 100% believe Phoenix Wright to be the final pass character. After everyone has gotten bored after the okay-ish (judging by requests, not characters themselves) characters, they’re gonna make sure that people aren’t left disappointed for the final character. A Capcom character also seems impossible to not happen, so it almost makes perfect sense. Anyways, that’s all for my predictions.

View attachment 258534
Just waiting for fan art of Byleth stealing Dante's invitation so that Dante will be the seventh fighter.

If you don't get it, here you go.
Joker stole Banjo's invitation.jpg
Kazooie steals Byleth's invitation.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm not hating on Chief, but I know a ton of people who were like "Steve would be fine AFTER Banjo gets in". Those people are now saying "Steve would be fine AFTER Master Chief gets in".
Oh those people simply want to pretend they aren't petty as **** about Minecraft. I agree Chief would be cooler but that's because it's ****ing Master Chief, though I don't care which gets in first

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think a new Zelda character might be quite likely for FP2. It's been an extremely long time since we got a Zelda newcomer, and after Mario, Pokémon and Fire Emblem, it's still the biggest franchise in Smash in terms of playable fighters. BotW2 is on development but am sure it's gonna be a 2021 title , which means it'll release before the end of the DLC of Smash. Whoever this character might be, no idea. I sure hope Impa, but that's only possible if she's a young warrior type in BotW2.

I also feel a Kirby character might finally happen, as well as Dixie Kong. Even Isaac might have a serious chance in this.

Anyway, am highly optimistic for first party characters now. I'm not so sure FP2 is gonna be so 3rd party based as FP1 honestly.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

The real stupids aren't people who don't understand but people who don't want to understand.

The complain about anime has been explained enough, I don't think I need to continue this.
Fake leaks aren't leaks because they're fake and a leak is a leak only when there's actual information leaked from the source, so calling them leaks is wrong.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I think a new Zelda character might be quite likely for FP2. It's been an extremely long time since we got a Zelda newcomer, and after Mario, Pokémon and Fire Emblem, it's still the biggest franchise in Smash in terms of playable fighters. BotW2 is on development but am sure it's gonna be a 2021 title , which means it'll release before the end of the DLC of Smash. Whoever this character might be, no idea. I sure hope Impa, but that's only possible if she's a young warrior type in BotW2.

I also feel a Kirby character might finally happen, as well as Dixie Kong. Even Isaac might have a serious chance in this.

Anyway, am highly optimistic for first party characters now. I'm not so sure FP2 is gonna be so 3rd party based as FP1 honestly.
The 25$ mii costume of season 2 makes me strongly suspect any Zelda rep is out of the running.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Technically people were right when they said FP5 was gonna be next to Daisy since she’s seemingly interacting with nothing
I've gotta say, Lesley's female character is looking strangely masculine in the mural.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Byleth is probably the most important Smash character reveal of all time because of the effect he's had on the community and the public perception of Smash Bros. and Masahiro Sakurai.
Years of good will ****ing eradicated in one character. Many people now think Sakurai is a liar and a back peddler due to his comments about Rex. He'll be lucky if even half the the people who bought the first pass buy the second.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Byleth is probably the most important Smash character reveal of all time because of the effect he's had on the community and the public perception of Smash Bros. and Masahiro Sakurai.
Years of good will ****ing eradicated in one character. Many people now think Sakurai is a liar and a back peddler due to his comments about Rex. He'll be lucky if even half the the people who bought the first pass buy the second.
Cut the dramatic bull ****, please.

I.D.

Smash Lord
lol no way. You have people still believing Rex is possible even now, so they'll believe anything.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sakurai will just add Dante or Geno or whatever and then suddenly the people ****ting on Byleth will go "WOW SAKURAI THIS IS AMAZING I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU ADD ANYMORE AFTER THIS" only to complain again when a popular game they don't like gets represented

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He'll be lucky if even half the the people who bought the first pass buy the second
If that happens, it won't be because of Byleth salt. It will be because the playerbase of virtually every game in the world slowly declines over time.

Last edited:

DoctorHero

Banned via Warnings
My predictions for fighter pass volume 2
Crash Bandicoot
Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia
Dante from Devil May Cry
Toxtricity from Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield
KOS-MOS from Xenosaga
Sora from Kingdom Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.