• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Might want to tell that to most of the community. I doubt they'll calm down with Byleth existing.
They will, just like they calmed down about Corrin & Bayonetta existing.
It's a shame that I've been seeing feminists with this attitude a lot of than the reasonable ones nowadays. They have issues that probably can't be worked out.
Most actual feminists don't broadcast it or cry sexism that often, to be honest..like me, for example.
I've mostly seen positivity from Fire Emblem fans, if only a bit of disappointment that it wasn't a house leader instead.

That aside, who actually gives their Byleth the house leader relic? Sakurai, you're playing the game wrong.
Same here and, honestly, this was the best way to do things. Had they chose Edelgard, Demitri, or Claude, fans of the other Houses would have been upset that their pick wasn't chosen..especially some of them that haven't played Black Eagles route since they despise Edelgard due to how the other sides of the story depict her.
Byleth is the one constant, so, like Corrin, she was the best choice.
One thing I've seen everyone agree on though..they the heck did they choose Lorenz? No one that I've seen seems to like him at all..I know I don't..
I don't know if anyone mentioned yet, but the creator brawl taunts would have gotten his voice in Smash with the reveal of Byleth

If... well, you know...
Funnily enough, if reports are to be believed, this is what he was hoping for when he learned he scored the role of a Fire Emblem main character.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think my top four wanted characters are all female:

1. Jill Valentine
2. Impa
3. Joanna Dark
4. Dixie Kong

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post
Ironically she didnt count Kazooie because she shares the spotlight with Banjo yet its apparently just fine for female Byleth to share the spotlight with the male (and default) Byleth.

But I'm glad she's happy. All those women in the middle east can rest easy tonight because today feminism won.
Rofl

KayaMarley

Smash Cadet
They're very old discussions that people stopped talking about. A lot already moved on from it, if not everyone by that point.

Not a hard rule or anything, but it's better to leave it be. Basically, it's more courteous to only reply to newer stuff.
i dont really see how thats discourteous but whatever.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Same here and, honestly, this was the best way to do things. Had they chose Edelgard, Demitri, or Claude, fans of the other Houses would have been upset that their pick wasn't chosen..especially some of them that haven't played Black Eagles route since they despise Edelgard due to how the other sides of the story depict her.

Byleth is the one constant, so, like Corrin, she was the best choice.
One thing I've seen everyone agree on though..they the heck did they choose Lorenz? No one that I've seen seems to like him at all..I know I don't..
Well, if the choose edelgard... weren't smash fans clamoring how smash needed "more villians"? there, if you choose black eagles you have your protagonist, and if you choose opther house you have your villian >:3.

and i unironically love lorenz ._. enjoyed a lot his dinamics with claude, how he realizes what a jerk he was at the beginning and i really enjoyed his vulnerable side with the manuela's supports...

The moment i realized i was enjoying characters like Lorenz and Raphael i realized how much i liked this game.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I think they must have been trying to be predictive with the cameos, and he's a kind-of Virion who's behind Claude in apparent heirarchy. Same way the Black Eagles were all the waifu picks (and not the absurdly-relatable Bernadetta), or the Blue Lions had Dedue and Ingrid instead of Sylvain and Felix.

It's probably locked in at this point and I do wish they had more cameos, but I guess getting that Spirit art can be a mess internally.

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
If any stage deserved 20 character cameos I would have thought it would be Garreg Mach Monastery. Ah well better 13 characters than 0.

Pour one out for the Dragon Quest bois

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Well since I see random topics about feminism and etc, I don't feel so bad about posting this now. What are some games that you guys would like remastered?

For me, I have two that standout: TMNT II the Arcade Game (NES version, not Arcade version. NES had more content) and Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

I would love to see Oblivion and even Morrowind made with modern graphics similar to how Skyrim was remastered.
Oblivion Remastered would be fantastic! Honestly we need it and Morrowind on the Switch!

Also check out Skyblivion Reborn, it's Oblivion remastered in the Skyrim engine!

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
Ok after thinking it over during work and watching the reveal again honestly while I am personally disappointed that Byeth is in the game they do look like an interesting character at least. I like the multiple weapons idea and a whip sword is honestly always cool. Also the stage looks really nice. Hopefully they prove to be just as fun and interesting to play as they look. I'm glad the Three Houses fans got their character in.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
So, with all the Ubisoft Mii Costumes, is Rayman soft confirmed?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If any stage deserved 20 character cameos I would have thought it would be Garreg Mach Monastery. Ah well better 13 characters than 0.

I wish we got some of the party members from the heroes games in the background, like Jessica and Erik. That would have been cool, but it is what it is.

It would be hilarious if the Garreg mach was fully rendered and boundary break finds a Bernie model tucked in her room.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I wish we got some of the party members from the heroes games in the background, like Jessica and Erik. That would have been cool, but it is what it is.

It would be hilarious if the Garreg mach was fully rendered and boundary break finds a Bernie model tucked in her room.
Saw some people bummed she wasn't out there with the rest of the Black Eagles and all I could think was "well yeah, they're not fighting in her room"

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Really into Byleth as a pick, love the moveset and I can’t wait to try them.

I’ll have more thoughts tomorrow.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Saw some people bummed she wasn't out there with the rest of the Black Eagles and all I could think was "well yeah, they're not fighting in her room"
I was one of those people, when the realization hit me I started laughing because it's so accurate.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I do genuinely think that they have less manpower and resources to work on these characters compared to the first pass so I think that they will be less elaborate with a possibility of AT promotions because the models were already created.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Call me contrary, but I actually really like Lorenz. Sure he thinks a bit highly of himself, and he deflects compliments like nobody's business ("It is a noble's duty to blahdebladeblah"), but you can tell he genuinely cares for the people around him, and his support line with Marriane is my favorite so far.

He's leagues better than little miss "DON'T TREAT ME LIKE A CHILD!!!" *proceeds to act like a child and be super nasty to everyone because of her almost completely unfounded insecurities*.

You can nuke things twice from four tiles away. Nobody thinks you're incapable of handling yourself!!!

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I am pretty happy that Byleth is DLC 5, I was starting to get nervous that DLC 5 was going to end up being a meh choice for me.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Not really, there are other Ubisoft options, such as Ezio.
Yea. It is kinda odd how they chose Altair instead of the most popular assassin, Ezio, as a Mii Costume. Hmm.....

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yea. It is kinda odd how they chose Altair instead of the most popular assassin, Ezio, as a Mii Costume. Hmm.....
Honestly I still think Altair's who they'd go for, even if it's super bizarre

iirc, back during smash 4, Xander Mobus actually said that during one of the recording sessions, "Altair" was one of the names he had to say, yet no "Ezio" whatsoever

Last edited:

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
What is your dream fighters pass?

Mine is:

Phoenix Wright
Doom Slayer
Crash Bandicoot
Agumon
Kratos
Master Chief
this is less of a wants but more of a list that makes most people happy(at least one of the characters),
1:Ryu Hayabusa
2:Lloyd Irving
3:Rayman
4Phoenix Wright
5:Reimu Hakurei
6:Geno

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So, something I realized was that the Smash Discord server I was part of was a lot more prepared for Byleth than the common person might have been.

You know how leaks tend to spill out closest to the reveal? Well, my server got a tip off (which came from another server) that FP#5 would be the kind of pick that'd be worth avoiding social media for a whole day for. It came with a prayer that people would look past the character and appreciate the mechanics - and the resigned expection that they would not. So we lowered our expectations, tossing around Steve or Rabbids, but meanwhile, the rest of the internet was still believing in Dante.

That's a hell of a difference in expectations, and I don't know how I would've reacted if I came into the Direct expecting Layton or someone else I was really passionate about, as much as I like Three Houses. Guess plenty of other people do, though.
The Smash fanbase's response to Byleth has been...rather poor. And by rather poor I mean absolutely pathetic.

You have notable community figures (You probably know who I'm talking about) throwing literal manbaby temper tantrums over this. What happened the sentiment of "I got Banjo so I don't care who gets in next!"

It's actually sad.

D

Deleted member

Ngl, as a Dragon Quest fan, I stop the match whenever I see a liquid metal slime, just out of instinct.

But yeah, they needed more cameos. The monsters are too iconic and we needed more of them.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'd imagine Ezio would make for a pretty interesting character if he got in due to all the gear he has. Main concern I have is in regards to his Voice Actor since I'm pretty sure Roger Craig Smith is union

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
The Smash fanbase's response to Byleth has been...rather poor. And by rather poor I mean absolutely pathetic.

You have notable community figures (You probably know who I'm talking about) throwing literal manbaby temper tantrums over this. What happened the sentiment of "I got Banjo so I don't care who gets in next!"

It's actually sad.
It's easy to forget, though, that many people were convinced that we wouldn't see more Fire Emblem at this point. Corrin was already a last straw for many, and Chrom led us to think that that would be enough. Plus, Three Houses wasn't out yet.

Still, it's been a very poor showing all around. And yet the same people suggest that Hoes Mad isn't an apt response to all that.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Here is a pick that would be way out there.

Jacket from Hotline Miami.

Will never happen, but he is now one of my pipe dream most wanteds.

He would not only bring an unique moveset, but the music would be absolutely insane.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Prediction:

- Ryu Hayabusa
- Crash Bandicoot
- Geno
- Doomguy or Dovahkiin
- Lloyd Irving
- This last one is a toss up between Dante, Rayman, and Waluigi (as much as I don't want the latter...)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's easy to forget, though, that many people were convinced that we wouldn't see more Fire Emblem at this point. Corrin was already a last straw for many, and Chrom led us to think that that would be enough. Plus, Three Houses wasn't out yet.

Still, it's been a very poor showing all around. And yet the people same suggest that Hoes Mad isn't an apt response to all that.
I get that the joke has more than run it's course.

But if the surprisingly fire Chasing Daybreak x Hoes Mad remix fits?

Then it fits.

D

Deleted member

Here is a pick that would be way out there.

Jacket from Hotline Miami.

Will never happen, but he is now one of my pipe dream most wanteds.

He would not only bring an unique moveset, but the music would be absolutely insane.
The music would sell the pass alone.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Actually Ryu hayabusa

I just remembered something

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/594727126905651211/636902043570798592/image0.png

Vergeben said Ryu is not pack 5 but...

Not 100% but his team does believe Ryu will be dlc
This was Verge Speculating why Hayabusa was in the leak light to begin with. He did not say that discussions for Hayabusa leaked, he just said it was a possibility. He reaffirmed that earlier today.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78333254?jumpto=299#299

pinshadow

Smash Lord

It's actually sad.
Oh no, god forbid people don't like a character being in the game. Seriously, I get that people are acting pretty silly over this, but getting legitimately mad that people are dissappointed is just as bad. Im seeing people who are actually complaining that people are disliking the video, they pushed a button, christ.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Surprisingly, this isn't even half as bad as other places reactions. One of the discords I'm in had to have the smash section locked at least 3 times today due to personal attacks and fighting
Oh man, that's harsh. It's just a new character, we have 6 more coming.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh no, god forbid people don't like a character being in the game. Seriously, I get that people are acting pretty silly over this, but getting legitimately mad that people are dissappointed is just as bad. Im seeing people who are actually complaining that people are disliking the video, they pushed a button, christ.
Idk man people were screaming that I'm mean because I say Papagenos does clickbait and that I shouldn't be mean cause he's chill while he has a ****ing meltdown over Byleth screaming at every tiny thing that happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom