• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
So guys what are your Hope's for the six character's coming what do you guys want them to be slash hope they'll be here are mine
community_image_1425067030.gif
f5e1d95fa8c81b3e146bc54119f849c633a341b2_00.gif
1522376650_tumblr_om0z4ernCx1vxqr9no1_540.gif
giphy.gif
MiserableImmaculateAnt-max-1mb.gif

Honorable mention to Sora Dante and someone from the Shin Megami Tensei series

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
C'mon, don't be a sourpuss.

I don't like Byleth that much either, but look ahead to the next six characters.
I'm genuinely unable to be excited or care about Smash reveals anymore. I got Banjo, nothing else is going to live up to that for me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's how Edelgard can still win.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Byleth's inclusion has removed the small hope I had of possibly seeing Rex & Pyra as playable characters. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 missed the roster because the game was too late, I thought that meant we wouldn't get any other Switch character as DLC. Yet lo and behold we got Byleth as part of the fighters pass, and the pass was decided back in 2018 while Fire Emblem Three Houses released in 2019. Rex & Pyra probably didn't just miss the base roster, they missed the entire Smash train. If we get another Switch character then Sakurai and Nintendo will follow the same strategy as Byleth and pick a character in advance from an upcoming game.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Given the amount of cooperation between the developers of both series and how much they've contributed to each other's successes, it amazes me to see the bad blood that has developed between the fandoms.
This.

Many FE fans-- myself included-- wouldn't even be fans if it weren't for Smash Bros. introducing us to the fact that the series even existed.

Likewise, the moveset created for Marth in Melee became a staple of competitive Smash, one that would likely have not happened for Melee's competitive heights had FE not been included.

But **** it, I'mma enjoy Byleth and no one can stop me.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Not a bad mindset to have at all.

Context clues point to that 1 being Joker, since they said he won them over.
I'm kind of a hypocrite I didn't want anymore fire emblem characters but getting byleth isn't that bad since I actually like there design just wish it was shown earlier instead of saved for last it kinda feels like a punch to the gut

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm genuinely unable to be excited or care about Smash reveals anymore. I got Banjo, nothing else is going to live up to that for me.
Then why are you in a thread titled "Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion".

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
If we get another Switch character then Sakurai and Nintendo will follow the same strategy as Byleth and pick a character in advance from an upcoming game.
This is what bothers me about Smash speculation at large. People are trying to predict what the team chooses based on abstract criteria they themselves are defining.

If the Joker reveal taught us ANYTHING it was that you really can't predict what comes next for Smash, it's just impossible most of the time

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
They don't. It's just likely that their idle animations are longer or trigger more randomly than the other fighters.
I didn't think so..yet another interesting detail given to Byleth along with female Byleth sharing spotlight with male Byleth on all the banners and stuff unlike even female Corrin..though she did get to appear in the Arcade Mode Banner at least.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Byleth's inclusion has removed the small hope I had of possibly seeing Rex & Pyra as playable characters. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 missed the roster because the game was too late, I thought that meant we wouldn't get any other Switch character as DLC. Yet lo and behold we got Byleth as part of the fighters pass, and the pass was decided back in 2018 while Fire Emblem Three Houses released in 2019. Rex & Pyra probably didn't just miss the base roster, they missed the entire Smash train. If we get another Switch character then Sakurai and Nintendo will follow the same strategy as Byleth and pick a character in advance from an upcoming game.
But dude, he included a whole 3 songs and a 25$ mii costume. Can't you see how much he cares about Xenoblade?

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Now that I took some time to form my thoughts, Byleth is growing more and more on me. Three Houses for me should receive some kind of representation in Ultimate, but I was hoping just for the Monastery as stage and the music, not a character. Now, the full Three Houses package makes more sense now. And now we know who is the true promotional pick ;)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Part of me wishes they hadn't announced the additional fighters until the end of this presentation.

Just to see how crazy **** would've got for that twenty-something minutes when people thought Byleth was the last one.

This chronic whining that will last until the next character's reveal will be a headache, but just a pinch of total chaos would've been fun. :evil:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well the Japanese leak thing that claims Ryu hayabusa was in fo1 but move 2 one problem with that

Erdrick was leaked far more than any of the characters (not the 3 alts though) so how would the sources not find Ryu?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here’s my new prediction for Season 2:
My predictions, in no particular order:
FP2-1: Ryu Hayabusa. There’s a rumor that Byleth was originally gonna be in pass 2 but got expedited to pass 1 cause Hayabusa was leaked. Hayabusa is a common name among insiders while almost NO insiders knew of Byleth.

FP2-2: Neku Sakuraba. The The World Ends With You site went under a surprise maintenance lately. Last time this happened was before Final Remix’s release, and I doubt we’d see a sequel just yet. Nintendo’s Twitter accounts also heavily promoted Final Remix before its release. I also doubt Geno will make the jump from Mii Costume in 4 to playable in Ultimate via DLC. See KOS-MOS’s section for my reasoning.

FP2-3: Elma. First Spirit promotion. Rex was shown as a Mii Costume at the start of Pass 1 and apologized for him not being playable. It could be that ANOTHER Xenoblade character is planned, especially if Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition becomes a thing. Plus, Caitlin Glass’s NDA is STILL unknown. CRAZY STRAW GRASPING - also, Fiora was added to Shulk’s Chain Attack Final Smash despite Chain Attacks in 1 and 2 having only three party members. X, however, has four party members and Overdrive instead of Chain Attack but that’s not important so Fiora breaking the three members only rule may be a reference to X. Again this here is just a stretch but I can see it.

FP2-4: Octoling (Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion). Second Spirit promotion. At the start of the year, something new involving Splatoon 2 was teased months after Final Fest (the SAVE OUR SALMONS thing). Octo Expansion was a huge hit and Splatoon 2 is still played widely today even after Final Fest. A major Splatoon 2 update is also scheduled for April. And despite Rex being a costume, Spring Man an Assist Trophy and Officer Howard from Astral Chain an Event Spirit, Byleth proves there’s no such thing as “too new” for Smash. Octo Expansion came out in 2018, and Inklings can be used as a base for an easy Isabelle style semi-clone if not Echo.

FP2-5: KOS-MOS. She was deconfirmed for the fifth pass character, sure, but the second pass opens up an opportunity. And before you say Heihachi or Lloyd, it’s very unlikely a 4 Costume will be promoted to playable in DLC. So far that’s only happened in base with Inkling, Isabelle (who was also an AT in 4), Chrom, King K. Rool and I think I’m forgetting one more. Maybe not. But my point stands and while a Xenosaga HD Trilogy was deemed financially unfeasible, the interest is very much there. Plus, KOS-MOS appeared in Xenoblade 2 as a Blade alongside Shulk, Fiora and Elma; and in the Project X Zone series with Ryu and Ken (and in 2, Chrom, Lucina and Fiora).

FP2-6: Arle Nadja. Why DID the Puyo Puyo director retweet the 1/16 announcement when Byleth was revealed...? Arle wasn’t even a Mii costume. Unless... Arle will be in Pass 2. Arle was another big name among insiders, and since Lip from Panel de Pon couldn’t be added as playable, Arle may be the next best thing. Plus, Sega has been promoting Puyo Puyo like CRAZY as of late.

D

Deleted member

Byleth's inclusion despite being first party still solidifies my belief that Spirits won't get promoted and while the first pass was made with the base game in mind, that doesn't mean for a fact that Sakurai changed that for Pass 2
Gonna disagree. While the structure for this pass is mostly the same, spirits and assist trophies in base game were decided upon limited time and resources. Now it is a year, Sakurai has all the time to make these fighters, perhaps he wants to go back to a spirit in base game he originally wanted in but couldn't realize it.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Yeah pretty much my thoughts exactly. I doubt that we are getting any promotions. To be fair though XC 2 could still technically get new characters, but I still doubt it.

-You have Rex's story spoiler outfit with Pyra/Mythra/
-You could get Lora and Jin/Haze
-You could get Adam and Mythra

Still a far cry from "likely", but there's enough notable XC 2 tracks/spirits missing to not really consider it "impossible".

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Everytime I wish for layton I get something else I didnt knoe I wanted.
1st Layton wish, got Joker, love him
2nd Layton wish, Got Hero, also love him
3 layton wish, got Terry, love him
4 Layton wish, got Byleth.

Id say Im doing good so far with characters I like

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
This.

Many FE fans-- myself included-- wouldn't even be fans if it weren't for Smash Bros. introducing us to the fact that the series even existed.

Likewise, the moveset created for Marth in Melee became a staple of competitive Smash, one that would likely have not happened for Melee's competitive heights had FE not been included.

But **** it, I'mma enjoy Byleth and no one can stop me.
I do kinda dislike that it took this long for us to get a character with the full weapon change/weapon triangle thing. Lack of mechanical representation is what bothers me among the FE cast (along with the non-specific stages), considering it has a lot of good and perfectly usable combat mechanics.

When the trailer began I was legitimately so pessimistic, like "yeah, the whipsword will be relegated to Smash attacks and Divine Pulse will be turned into a down B counter". :joyful:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah pretty much my thoughts exactly. I doubt that we are getting any promotions. To be fair though XC 2 could still technically get new characters, but I still doubt it.

-You have Rex's story spoiler outfit with Pyra/Mythra/
-You could get Lora and Jin/Haze
-You could get Adam and Mythra

Still a far cry from "likely", but there's enough notable XC 2 tracks/spirits missing to not really consider it "impossible".
For X, Elma’s playable appearance could be her
true form that bears an uncanny resemblance to KOS-MOS. They gonna have to Good Boys And Girls the **** out of her design tho

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So guys what are your Hope's for the six character's coming what do you guys want them to be slash hope they'll be here are mine View attachment 258052View attachment 258053View attachment 258054View attachment 258055View attachment 258056
Honorable mention to Sora Dante and someone from the Shin Megami Tensei series
Anyone featured in my signature would be cool to me, though if I had to pick only six...
  1. Phoenix Wright
  2. Master Chief
  3. Captain Syrup
  4. Geno
  5. Crash Bandicoot
  6. Waluigi

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
C'mon, don't be a sourpuss.

I don't like Byleth that much either, but look ahead to the next six characters.
Yeah, it's all about balance. We got some AMAZING additions! FE has a lot of fans. I don't like it, but I'm happy other people do. I'm sure there will be at least 1 or 2 new characters that I'll like in the next SIX characters still coming out. :)

I.D.

Smash Lord
For X, Elma’s playable appearance could be her
true form that bears an uncanny resemblance to KOS-MOS. They gonna have to Good Boys And Girls the **** out of her design tho
You are literally hoping against hope.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well if markomaro is to be believed, IntSys is working on a Paper Mario 64 Remake, a new WarioWare Switch, Fire Emblem 7/6 remake, and a new Advance Wars Mobile title.

If the AW Mobile rumor is true, it would give Andy a huge boost given how luctative Nintendo's mobile business is. They would want to make that IP visible to the kind of audience Smash Ultimate has to really make it thrive. Also, given how there's no competiton on the FE side with Byleth in and 1st parties are living, I can't see this as a bad thing for Andy.

Also in this presentation alone, Advance Wars was referenced and dodged the Mii Costume bullet so I believe there's hope.
Genealogy of the Holy War remake? Sign me in!

D

Deleted member

Y'all... with Byleth's confirmation, we live in a world where Ring Fit Trainer legit has a chance. This is going to be one zany ride, and I am so down, ahaha.
I do wonder if Dragaux would be too sexy for the game. At least Rathalos is a nice stand-in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also I cannot ****ing believe that a game getting stuck in development hell ended up helping it in some form. 3H was initially planned for 2017 as seen when Echoes and Heroes were announced and after the 2 year delay it managed to get in Smash. Goddamn, what a stroke of luck

monadoboy

Smash Lord

Maybe Rex and Pyra are gone forever but there's the chance we can get Fiora from Xenoblade DE

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom