• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

> Not the mentioning the
Kronya Route

Did you even play Three Houses?
I’ve recently started Three Houses.

Right now I am trying to recruit the girl from the Black Eagles with a french hat or something like that, but I’m sadly lost in regards of what to do to add her to my army.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Right now I am trying to recruit the girl from the Black Eagles with a french hat or something like that, but I’m sadly lost in regards of what to do to add her to my army.
Here's the secret to adding anyone to your army. Find them during free time, do everything you can to raise their affection, get them up to at least B support with Byleth, and they'll just randomly ask to join your class one day.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Well firstly, you wanna ask this in the social thread, not the newcomer speculation thread.

Secondly, the game tells you if you try to recruit her without meeting the required stats what stats she needs. On top of increasing the stats she talks about, you should at least have a C rank support with her which you can get by gifting her presents. Additionally, if you get to B support with her, eventually she'll just join you in a week automatically.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Dorothea?

If I recall correctly having high charisma and authority helps. You can also get your support level up with her by inviting her to meals/tea (use this guide), giving her lost items or gifts (flowers work well), or temporarily recruiting her and fighting alongside her. Having higher support ranks lowers the needed stats to recruit any unit, and once at B support there's a good chance they'll straight up ask to join your house.

Here's a good guide on recruiting units if you're lost at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's the secret to adding anyone to your army. Find them during free time, do everything you can to raise their affection, get them up to at least B support with Byleth, and they'll just randomly ask to join your class one day.
Oh, thanks for the tip!

Gonna try that tomorrow!

Well firstly, you wanna ask this in the social thread, not the newcomer speculation thread.

Secondly, the game tells you if you try to recruit her without meeting the required stats what stats she needs. On top of increasing the stats she talks about, you should at least have a C rank support with her which you can get by gifting her presents. Additionally, if you get to B support with her, eventually she'll just join you in a week automatically.
Dorothea?

If I recall correctly having high charisma and authority helps. You can also get your support level up with her by inviting her to meals/tea (use this guide), giving her lost items or gifts (flowers work well), or temporarily recruiting her and fighting alongside her. Having higher support ranks lowers the needed stats to recruit any unit, and once at B support there's a good chance they'll straight up ask to join your house.

Here's a good guide on recruiting units if you're lost at all.
Thanks to both of you too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Trolling
Despite being another FE swordie, I'd rather have Byleth over a house leader because I think they'd have the most interesting moveset of that bunch. I get that there's already several anime swordsmen in Smash, let alone Shill Emblem swordsemen, but I find the idea of a whipsword + brawl more interesting than "axe user" (Girl Hitler) or "lance user" (Evil Dr. Porkchop). As for a Sword & Shield rep, even with the "spirits deconfirm" rule, I think Pokémon's still on the table. IMO Cinderance and Inteleon look cool and could work in Smash pretty well. I've also heard Toxtricity thrown around a lot. However, the one I'd really want is this... thing to be a playable character.

D

Deleted member

I really want to believe master chief is #5 but then some guys decided to come in telling me he’s deconfirmed while he hasent from verge of sabi.

I didn’t want this I just wanted to think who it is like most of you

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
I don't even get why people keep going with leakers and stuff. I get it's interesting, but in the end, nobody really knows what/who is coming next.

People who genuinely get excited and follow these leakers to heart just seem odd to me. How does the random internet person know what's next?

So what if they got a feature/stage/item/character/whatever right at some point? Deep down, it's pretty much just a glorified guess!

s**t, i think im starting a pretty heated discussion with this statement

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Dorethea should be easy to recruit since she's usually one of the two students to join holiday choir sessions. Our C rank conversation made me uncomfortable so I decided to stop attempting to recruit her.

As for a Sword & Shield rep, even with the "spirits deconfirm" rule, I think Pokémon's still on the table. IMO Cinderance and Inteleon look cool and could work in Smash pretty well. I've also heard Toxtricity thrown around a lot. However, the one I'd really want is this... thing to be a playable character.
I still think Rillaboom is the best choice out of the starters because he could bring some interesting things to the table, and also I don't like the other two. Toxtricity is also a strong candidate. Falinx, while a great Pokémon, seems like the least realizable pick since the only non-rigid parts of its body are tiny. I'd love it though.

Speaking of Falinx, EVERYONE DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND WATCH THIS RIGHT NOW!!!! That'll be all.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Not sure why Sabi (who I'm pretty sure is on a lot of peoples' **** lists) is jumping on that tweet mentioning V's VA wanting Dante in Smash and then claiming that it means Dante is in. Pretty sure the VA is just ****ing around

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
As a Simon main I'd pick Byleth if we had to pick get someone from 3H just so we'd have a high/top tier whip user

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not sure why Sabi (who I'm pretty sure is on a lot of peoples' **** lists) is jumping on that tweet mentioning V's VA wanting Dante in Smash and then claiming that it means Dante is in. Pretty sure the VA is just ****ing around
That doesn't even make sense. They can want it or not, but that doesn't correlate to being in or out of the game.

Seems just jumping on stuff unnecessarily, really.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Dorethea should be easy to recruit since she's usually one of the two students to join holiday choir sessions. Our C rank conversation made me uncomfortable so I decided to stop attempting to recruit her.

I still think Rillaboom is the best choice out of the starters because he could bring some interesting things to the table, and also I don't like the other two. Toxtricity is also a strong candidate. Falinx, while a great Pokémon, seems like the least realizable pick since the only non-rigid parts of its body are tiny. I'd love it though.

Speaking of Falinx, EVERYONE DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND WATCH THIS RIGHT NOW!!!! That'll be all.
I'm the one who saw Kirby at 1:30.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't even get why people keep going with leakers and stuff. I get it's interesting, but in the end, nobody really knows what/who is coming next.

People who genuinely get excited and follow these leakers to heart just seem odd to me. How does the random internet person know what's next?

So what if they got a feature/stage/item/character/whatever right at some point? Deep down, it's pretty much just a glorified guess!

s**t, i think im starting a pretty heated discussion with this statement
Yes, yes, no matter how implausible a person predicting several pieces of unannounced info is, you can feel free to chalk it all up to random guesswork; no one's going to stop you.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, if we want a whip sword, I know who my first choice would be

...but yeah, that'll never happen. Nightmare would be first (who's also cool). I need to get back into Soul Calibur, but they're taking longer to announce their DLC than Smash.

Besides, I'd assume she's a bit too much on the 'not good boys and girls' side since she could teach Bayonetta how to be risqué. It took long enough to find a somewhat family-friendly picture of her.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Round and round we go everyone! Is it time to start listening to the usual suspects about supposed "leaks" ?

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Round and round we go everyone! Is it time to start listening to the usual suspects about supposed "leaks" ?
I still don't understand why anyone still listens to Sabi at all. They've gotten pretty much nothing right Nintendo wise for awhile now and has only ever really consistently leaked Pokemon anyway, which means nothing since it leaked everywhere including actual random 4chan posts.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
Not a big fan of Sabi/Verge but I think a lot of their detractors overreact. There's much worse things you can do than give misleading information about dlc for a video game.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Not a big fan of Sabi/Verge but I think a lot of their detractors overreact. There's much worse things you can do than give misleading information about dlc for a video game.
It's more that I don't want speculation to just center around two guys saying who is in or not, it makes everything less fun and just adds alot of vitriol to everything.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's more that I don't want speculation to just center around two guys saying who is in or not, it makes everything less fun and just adds alot of vitriol to everything.
Sometimes it does, but leaks are an allowed topic here because it creates good discussion overall.

Makes sense not all like leaks, of course.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
They could definitely do worse. Like hate Sunflora. People like that must be Bloom Doomed off the planet!
I view it negatively because in gsc it requires way too much effort to obtain for those awful stats but that's not really an issue unique to it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
They could definitely do worse. Like hate Sunflora. People like that must be Bloom Doomed off the planet!
Shoutouts to Neo XY for making Sunflora a busted Grass/Fire type who can straight up murk you early game if you're not prepared to deal with it.

Otherwise it's just useless.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Sometimes it does, but leaks are an allowed topic here because it creates good discussion overall.

I have no problem discussing leaks, but the way both of them have gone about this the last few months is just silly and has done nothing good for anyone, the entire "deconfirmation" mess is a joke. Also can't stand how Sabi says stuff like "I honestly don't understand how anyone doubts me at this point" when literally all he has done for the past 6 months is give a bunch of vauge "I can't be wrong" statements, consistently backtrack on stuff, has only been "leaking" things everyone else has, and anything actually concrete he's been talking about hasn't happened at all.

D

Deleted member

I used to dislike leaks because they kill hype. Now I'm just poisoning myself and my thinking because everything so far has mostly led to a result that may not appease me. Honestly, why should I be speculating if the treasure to be found isn't what you wanted? Damn myself.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I used to dislike leaks because they kill hype. Now I'm just poisoning myself and my thinking because everything so far has mostly led to a result that may not appease me. Honestly, why should I be speculating if the treasure to be found isn't what you wanted? Damn myself.
They say the value isn't in the destination, but rather, the journey.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Pretty suspicious if you ask me. Then again, it's probably a post-pass thing. She did deconfirm him for FP5, though not the entire DLC cycle as a whole.
Dante would be awesome. One of my top 5.
But slip-ups don't often lead to accurate leaks.
Remember when Nintendo of Canada "leaked" Rayman?

D

Deleted member

Dante would be awesome. One of my top 5.
But slip-ups don't often lead to accurate leaks.
Remember when Nintendo of Canada "leaked" Rayman?
Oh...dear me.

At this rate I just wanna quit Smash if the end result won't meet what I want. Bunch of missed potential; all of it.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Oh...dear me.

At this rate I just wanna quit Smash if the end result won't meet what I want. Bunch of missed potential; all of it.
I'm almost certain FP5 will be female.
My gut is prepared for Arle and/or KOS-MOS.
I'd much prefer Lara Croft. Lol.

D

Deleted member

I'm almost certain FP5 will be female.
My gut is prepared for Arle and/or KOS-MOS.
I'd much prefer Lara Croft. Lol.
Thanks for the heads up...then again you should broaden your taste in more women in gaming in general.

Might as well take a break from this website for a while. Gotta finish an anime to clear my head. Also gotta save phone battery in case of emergency, considering my situation.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Sabi has always jumped the gun, I'd argue moreso than Vergeben does.

There's never healthy speculation in the Smash fanbase. It will largely center around 2 or 3 frontrunners until the are confirmed not in in some way and then just another takes it's place. At the very least it beats Doomguy/Hayabusa/Dante getting all discussion and has actually led to discussions of lesser characters like Arle, KOS-MOS and Reimu without getting **** on.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well guys tomorrow its all or nothing. If we still see the "New" on the Smash Ultimate site were waiting until February.

Goodnight all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom