• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
It's not nice to give people false hope.
This comes off as intentionally antagonistic.
God forbid my gut leads me to the same place another person is lead by their heart.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Dante would be awesome. One of my top 5.
But slip-ups don't often lead to accurate leaks.
Remember when Nintendo of Canada "leaked" Rayman?
Dante (and/or Phoenix Wright for that matter) would be great as a fighter. If either of them were the only Capcom rep and if mine didn't get in, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Last edited:

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
imo Capcom has so many good potential characters that I find it hard to imagine being disappointed with whoever they pick.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This comes off as intentionally antagonistic.
God forbid my gut leads me to the same place another person is lead by their heart.
With all due respect, you've made it no secret that you're pretty chummy with Lesley.

Y'all are allowed to want what you want, but saying "I'm almost certain FP5 will be female" with no basis for it other than a gut feeling gives off the vibe that either you've been far too influenced by your conversations with her, or you're just telling her what she wants to hear.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Well guys tomorrow its all or nothing. If we still see the "New" on the Smash Ultimate site were waiting until February.

Goodnight all!
Good night as well. Hoping for the best tomorrow, lest this calamity ends...
G'night you two...

Wait a minute, Calamity? The Calamity from FFXIV? FFXIV Character- The Warrior of Light confirmed for Smash. Jk.

Although having the Warrior of Light as a playable character would be amazing. Most likely they'll chose the Hyur, and Miqo'te race as the base characters, and probably chose Warrior, Monk, Samurai, Black Mage, or Dragoon as the class rep leaning more towards Monk, (unless Sakurai is crazy enough to add all 5 as a class change)(Samurai, and Dragoon for close 2nd and 3rd).

Krankees

Smash Ace
imo Capcom has so many good potential characters that I find it hard to imagine being disappointed with whoever they pick.
But... I want Phoenix tho.

But in all seriousness, I'm ready for the Capcom rep being Dante, Ammy or any other Capcom rep before Phoenix. I mean I'll be sad at first but I'll get over it.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
But... I want Phoenix tho.

But in all seriousness, I'm ready for the Capcom rep being Dante, Ammy or any other Capcom rep before Phoenix. I mean I'll be sad at first but I'll get over it.
My list in order: Dante, Monster Hunter, Leon, Amaterasu, More Mega Man reps, Phoenix Wright.
Yea, Phoenix is cool, but I just don't see him being any different than he is in MvC.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's not gonna happen in this pass, but I'd love for Zacian to get in before any other female characters just so I can have the opportunity to tell people, "Well, you wanted a female character. Sakurai listened."

On a more serious note, I do hope people have higher expectations for the next female character other than "just be female". I'm gonna be really confused if I see people posting character reveal reactions on YouTube where they jump out of their seats screaming because Jill Dozer and Style Savvy girl both got announced (kinda want the latter because the concept is so ridiculous, but you get my point).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It's not gonna happen in this pass, but I'd love for Zacian to get in before any other female characters just so I can have the opportunity to tell people, "Well, you wanted a female character. Sakurai listened."

On a more serious note, I do hope people have higher expectations for the next female character other than "just be female". I'm gonna be really confused if I see people posting character reveal reactions on YouTube where they jump out of their seats screaming because Jill Dozer and Style Savvy girl both got announced (kinda want the latter because the concept is so ridiculous, but you get my point).
I'll jump out of my seat if Jill Dozer or Style Savvy girl get announced because those are two damn good picks.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

I dislike how people misconstrue Lesley's opinions like that.
She's not asking for a playable wire frame with boobs. Her top picks are female BECAUSE she values being able to identify with female characters.
If you listen to her, it's very clear that her pick is KOS-MOS. But she also likes Heihachi and Rex from Xenoblade. She just PREFERS female picks.

D

Deleted member

Censor dodging
She's not asking for a playable wire frame with boobs. Her top picks are female BECAUSE she values being able to identify with female characters.
If you listen to her, it's very clear that her pick is KOS-MOS. But she also likes Heihachi and Rex from Xenoblade. She just PREFERS female picks.
I appreciate the support for KOS-MOS and imo, Xenosaga is a good ****ing time but if we're going to be honest, KOS-MOS only started sparking more attention recently than before solely because /v/ over on 4chan was ****posting the crap out of her. Same can be said for Reimu.

Not saying they're not good choices, just unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wanting to identify with characters because of similarities or traits you have with them is fine, but pushing it to a point to where it's seemingly your sole requirement for a Smash character is when I think you're focusing too much on that one particular aspect.

Were characters like Joker and Terry bad or disappointing just because they were male? Are less requested characters like Toadette and Lana (Hyrule Warriors) good additions just because they're female?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Her top pick is KOS-MOS but she hadn't even heard about her before she became heavily discussed, and she gravitated towards her solely because she fit the standards she had already set. People can be drawn to characters for whatever reason they want, I don't judge, but I don't think it's a mischaracterization to say that she's drawn a line in the sand and what characters she starts liking or hating are based solely on that standard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can we just ****ing move from the whole gender **** already?

It seems that at this point this argument just keeps escalating from both sides and a few of the comments I have seen from both are kinda petty to put it lightly. And ultimately if Sakurai mentions anything for or against the whole representation thing we are just going to have a lot of sore winners and **** is just going to be hell to discuss going forward.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I wonder if the humans in Pokemon are fair game for a character slot, because I could see Sabrina using her psychic powers to reck some people, or Koga being an echo fighter of Sheik.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I don't see why gender is such a big issue when it comes to Smash. It's not like it has anything to do with the character choices. (From what I see, neither do roles, weapons, or any form of tokenism.) Anyways, steering away from that topic, I have a game for you all. Instead of saying which characters you want, what locations do you want to see in Smash as a Stage? Or what Stage(s) would you want with the character(s) you want?

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Y'know, you would think that after all the times a discussion about gender has lead to this thread turning into absolute chaos we would have learned to just leave it alone? No? Alright carry on then.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wonder if the humans in Pokemon are fair game for a character slot, because I could see Sabrina using her psychic powers to reck some people, or Koga being an echo fighter of Sheik.
The only human that ever had a shot of being a character was Red/Green/Blue and they're relegated to sitting in the back telling 3 other characters what to do. Otherwise, there's nothing a human can do, that a Pokemon can't do, but weirder.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Most people don't express a preference by having an emotional breakdown and threatening self-harm if they don't get their preference.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I don't see why gender is such a big issue when it comes to Smash. It's not like it has anything to do with the character choices. (From what I see, neither do roles, weapons, or any form of tokenism.) Anyways, steering away from that topic, I have a game for you all. Instead of saying which characters you want, what locations do you want to see in Smash as a Stage? Or what Stage(s) would you want with the character(s) you want?
Spine of Deathwing would make me really, REALLY happy. If I was not so bad at drawing I would make something like it in stage builder. You get to ride on the back of the worldbreaker.

Other then that, more stages inspired by Kid Icarus Uprising would be awesome.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The only human that ever had a shot of being a character was Red/Green/Blue and they're relegated to sitting in the back telling 3 other characters what to do. Otherwise, there's nothing a human can do, that a Pokemon can't do, but weirder.
I had an idea for a playable Red.
Imagine Joker with Arsene, only "Arsene" is Charizard, Venusaur, or Blastoise switched with Down-B. They would be permanent, but less powerful than Arsene.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Zacian is gray area for me. I mean hells yeah I want her in Smash. A wolf Pokemon that can fly, absorb metal particles to form weapons or change her form, turn into a statue to sleep, cast illusion, and projections even while asleep, faster than the eyes can follow, and has a blade that cut anything down in one strike. Plus Behemoth Blade is powerful enough to split an ocean in half.

I'm just paranoid that if Zacian makes it in, then Amaterasu wouldn't be able to make it in despite knowing about Ammy's wide range of arsenal. Although I still might make a moveset for Zacian cause she's pretty amazing.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Zacian is gray area for me. I mean hells yeah I want her in Smash. A wolf Pokemon that can fly, absorb metal particles to form weapons or change her form, turn into a statue to sleep, cast illusion, and projections even while asleep, faster than the eyes can follow, and has a blade that cut anything down in one strike.

Plus Behemoth Blade is powerful enough to split an ocean in half. I'm just paranoid that if Zacian makes it in, then Amaterasu wouldn't be able to make it in despite knowing about Ammy's wide range of arsenal. I still might make a moveset for Zacian cause she's pretty amazing.
I felt the same with Decidueye and Ravali.
Everyone used to assume Decidueye was a shoe-in, so my idea for a bird archer in Revali was often pushed aside.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, you would think that after all the times a discussion about gender has lead to this thread turning into absolute chaos we would have learned to just leave it alone? No? Alright carry on then.
Truth is, this is quite the inevitable thing going forward. There will always the time we discuss gender and stuff, because that is what is lacking in the game. When people ask for what they want, isn't that technically asking for what is missing? Because it's basically the same as wanting any character/company/etc. It''s just that when peoe want to "gatekeep" it, they open up cans of worms along the way, and it's unavoidable.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
City Escape from Sonic, there's 2 possible ways this could go:
1. Fighting on top of the G.U.N Truck as it rampages through the city running over cars and tearing up the streets causing lots of destruction.
2. Fighting through the streets as said truck can be seen rampaging in the background and trying to run you over several times. (as a Stage Hazard.)
(The theme for this stage would be Mad Convoy Race.)

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
I know Sabi deconfirmed him and all, but the more I think about it, I think Dante has the highest chances so far, here's what we got.

You have a producer on the series teasing 3 DMC related announcements related to the Switch port of DMC3 on certain dates, Jan 16th, January 30th, and February 13th.

Now a big rumor going around is one of those announcements is going to be the addition of style switching viva the dpad to DMC3. What if that is being added to DMC3 on Switch because Dante's style switching is gonna be he is gimmick in Smash? Here's my prediction for the timeline,

January 16th is the Nintendo direct where Dante is revealed for Smash and maybe a DMC4 port.

January 30th is when Capcom reveals that Style Switching is a thing for the Switch port.

February 13th is when Sakurai does his Dante presentation and Dante releases later that day, a week before DMC3 comes out on Switch.

Then we all celebrate because we got this banger in Smash.

After all Dante does check a lot of the same check boxes that the rest of the fighter's did being from a major third party franchise, that at first you think would make to Smash and top it off will likely have a incredibly fun moveset which Sakurai did basically state is the most important factor to getting into Smash.

D

Deleted member

Would Dante be my first choice as a Capcom rep? Nah. I'm not a fan of the DMC series but I am totally open to his inclusion if this is the case.

Just as long as he's fun, that's all that matters to me.

D

Deleted member

Would Dante be my first choice as a Capcom rep? Nah. I'm not a fan of the DMC series but I am totally open to his inclusion if this is the case.

Just as long as he's fun, that's all that matters to me.
I'm just scared of him because his moveset potential might break the game. Welcome back to Smash 4, suckas!

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Capcom does not have enough reps. They need to add playable characters from Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Ace Attorney.

I'm just scared of him because his moveset potential might break the game. Welcome back to Smash 4, suckas!
If Dante comes and he's broken then that's Sakurai and the development team's fault, not Dante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom