• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
More analytical, carefully studying and fine-tuning his weaponry?
This would match the first-person idle animations in HL1. One of these animations, where he tries playing with a Snark, could be a taunt.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Honestly I don't know much about the new Fire Emblem or who would be good in Smash, but I remember from the time right before it was announced that it was basically a game about Edelgard and potentially some other people. For the most part, there was one character in all of the marketing.

I would have liked to see more diversity in the FE cast, or especially some more non-character representation. They've got loads of great songs to spread across all of three stages, two of which are generic locations. At least they've got more than one Assist this round.

Back when Corrin came out, I was kind on board with Azura. Again, no idea of the game itself, but staff/waterbending seemed like a cool moveset. And of course I'm biased since there's another character in another series with that name...

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Three Houses getting a character in Smash doesn't ****ing matter if we can't get "Between Heaven and Earth" and "God-Shattering Star" as songs.

Just sayin.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay. So Dark Cloud is a bust, but...

I'm gonna open Pandora's box and say Fatman for once is actually being mildly blunt with his info. This next week is something to keep an eye on.

View attachment 256980
Multiple people have openly talked about a pattern of Directs a week after Pokemon Directs, he's just trying to get clout like how he tried to get it by informing the Dante thread about Dante's VA accidentally admitting he's in Smash on the same age that everyone discussed and dismissed it while pointing out it's V's VA

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Have there ever been Directs (general or otherwise) in the later half of a month?

If not, then next week feels like the "now or never" moment of finding out Fighter 5 in January. If a Direct isn't happening next week, then it's likely a February reveal + shadowdrop.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Let's play a game. Sakurai makes an anime smash Bros. What would be the roster?
Rules:

1. Each anime has to have 3 reps
2. A total of 10 animes can be chosen
3. You can also add 5 unlockable characters from any of the 10 chosen anime.
Yu-gi-oh
1. Muto Yugi
2. Seto Kaiba
3. Fujiki Yuusaku

Precure
1. Cure Yell
2. Cure Star
3. Cure Grace

Symphogear
1. Tachibana Hibiki
2. Kazanari Tsubasa
3. Yukine Chris

Boku no Hero
1. Midoriya Izuku
2. Bakugou Katsuki
3. All Might

Rozen Maiden
1. Shinku
2. Suigintou
3. Suiseiseki

Accel World
1. Arita Haruyuki
2. Kuroyukihime
3. Kouzuki Yuniko

Black Bullet
1. Satomi Rentarou
2. Aihara Enju
3. Tina Sprout

Yuki Yuna is a Hero
1. Yuki Yuna
2. Togo Mimori
3. Miyoshi Karin

Gundam Buildfighters
1. Iori Sei
2. Reiji
3. Yuuki Tatsuya

Shakugan no Shana
1. Shana
2. Sakai Yuuji
3. Wilhelmina Carmel

Unlockables
1. Maria Cadenzavna Eve
2. Akatsuki Kirika
3. Tsukuyomi Shirabe
4. Inubozaki Fu
5. Inubozaki Itsuki

D

Deleted member

Multiple people have openly talked about a pattern of Directs a week after Pokemon Directs, he's just trying to get clout like how he tried to get it by informing the Dante thread about Dante's VA accidentally admitting he's in Smash on the same age that everyone discussed and dismissed it while pointing out it's V's VA
Thing is he does have contacts. He's just very shoddy with it because he wants to be different or some ****.

I personally don't trust the Pokemon direct pattern, so more circumstantial "evidence" can grab my attention.

D

Deleted member

It's more a joke on Corrin and how all they came with was a remix of Lost in Thoughts All Alone, plus the original ENG and JPN versions.
That was in Smash 4 right?

I forgot the whole FE music selection in Ultimate but I think Fates got at least one more song this time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thing is he does have contacts. He's just very shoddy with it because he wants to be different or some ****.

I personally don't trust the Pokemon direct pattern, so more circumstantial "evidence" can grab my attention.
I remember hearing who his 'sources' are, and if I'm remembering it right, they're nonexistent, Fatman has consistently gone for things everyone is banking on to claim he got it right, like how he's acting as if more DLC after FP5 was a hard prediction, he's going on about how they're ahead of schedule recently as if we don't all know that because of how early Banjo got out and the confidence in announcing more DLC and again, he's trying to get brownie points for Dante because some rumour happened similar to him banking on Bethesda because of Cacomallow. He doesn't know ****, everyone knows this, I've even made 2 memeposts about that before he got kicked out of Sabi's group

D

Deleted member

I remember hearing who his 'sources' are, and if I'm remembering it right, they're nonexistent, Fatman has consistently gone for things everyone is banking on to claim he got it right, like how he's acting as if more DLC after FP5 was a hard prediction, he's going on about how they're ahead of schedule recently as if we don't all know that because of how early Banjo got out and the confidence in announcing more DLC and again, he's trying to get brownie points for Dante because some rumour happened similar to him banking on Bethesda because of Cacomallow. He doesn't know ****, everyone knows this, I've even made 2 memeposts about that before he got kicked out of Sabi's group
We might have differing memories about the source thing. At that point, I'd rather not put much research into Fatman tonight, because it's Fatman, so I'll just take a raincheck and keep his comment in mind.

D

Deleted member

Real talk, it's probably not happening this month. I'd love to be wrong, but I hope people here are prepared to wait until early to mid-February like last year, 'cause I'm pretty sure that's what's happening here.
Erdrick's definitely coming before E3.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
If they're seriously making us wait until February there better be a gigantic ****ing blowout with more than one character reveals like E3 last year.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
On the bright side, we have narrowed down dates that we can use to predict Nintendo's potential Direct announcement based off of previous patterns:

The 13th and 14th,
The 20th and the 21st,
And the 27th and 28th.

If we get to Tuesday each week without an announcement, it's pretty much safe to rule it out for that specific week in my eyes.

D

Deleted member

The Erdrick wars are over, Bold. The Square Enix rep was revealed to be Frog from Chrono Trigger, remember?
"Erdrick's definitely coming. Vergeben is always right with fighter prediction. I made a bet damn it."
"Why is grandpa talking about Erdrick again?"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If they're seriously making us wait until February there better be a gigantic ****ing blowout with more than one character reveals like E3 last year.
Considering how long they held Mewtwo off and I believe Sakurai saying work on FP5 is pretty much done, I'd find it very hard to believe we aren't getting another Lucas come out of nowhere

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Considering how long they held Mewtwo off and I believe Sakurai saying work on FP5 is pretty much done, I'd find it very hard to believe we aren't getting another Lucas come out of nowhere
Ditto on this. Post-pass 1 is definitely getting announced with a FP5 shadow drop at this point. Show FP5, announce a presentation for them after the stream, and then go into what post pass looks like with how many we can expect and show the first character.

D

Deleted member

The Erdrick wars are over, Bold. The Square Enix rep was revealed to be Frog from Chrono Trigger, remember?
"Erdrick's definitely coming. Vergeben is always right with fighter prediction. I made a bet damn it."
"Why is grandpa talking about Erdrick again?"
“Contreras, I believe Eight from DQ8 will be an alt of Erdrick. He is popular in the West”
“Grandpa JD, are you ok? Maybe you need to play some Ultimate matches against my Artorias”

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Chrono Trigger is literally one of my favorite game ever and even if its just Frog I would be hype ngl.
But just because I love a game doesn't mean I want it in Smash, my gaming bubble doesn't revolve around Smash.
Though, a Crono Mii costume with a track from the game would make me incredibly happy.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
"Square would NEVER choose Erdrick over Geno for Smash, I swear! Samurai is gonna do right by the fans!"
"Grandpa, calm the **** down, you pissed yourself again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom