• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Coulda sworn one part of the Direct repeated itself at one point and that was confusing AF
There was one difference: Galar Slowbro's head was shown...censored. Still think something was up when they said we'd also be able to a-

KillerCage

Smash Master
**** Arle. She sucks.
But Ryu and KOS-MOS are in my list, so I approve.
Seriously. Arle is a ****ing avatar for a puzzle game. Give us ANYONE else.

*People speculating a Pokémon as FP5*

Ok! Ok! Arle, then!
Japan is one region. "The West" includes all of Europe, America, and culturally, Australia.
So it's pretty unfair to equate Japan and "The West".
I'm a proud supporter of Arle getting into Smash!
If she makes it, this guy has a chance of appearing as well!
mr__fish_suketoudara_by_chadrocco_d6kx90r-pre.jpg

(Credit for this artwork goes to ChadRocco on DeviantArt.)

There's also a chance we may get Satan (Dark Prince internationally) who happens to have a crush for Arle.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Coulda sworn one part of the Direct repeated itself at one point and that was confusing AF. Either that or my stream might have lagged.

The best part of the Direct was the first two minutes anyways so yeah lol.
You aren't the only one who saw the direct repeat itself.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
"Instead of making a 3rd version, we're doing DLC."
Okay, cool, that makes a lot more sense in the current indust...
"Also, the DLC costs as much as a full game lol"

Almost had me, Game Freak. You almost had me.
At least they aren't hiding the cut Pokemon behind a paywall. That would be a massive **** move.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Not quite.
Yes.
Technically.
Absolutely not. There will still be about 200 missing Pokémon.

All things considered it does look like GameFreak is headed in a good direction with the series. I'm not just gonna get the pass willy nilly but I will definitely keep an eye on it. I will als-"Thanks for Watching!"
We're gonna get two more next year then?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

At least they aren't hiding the cut Pokemon behind a paywall. That would be a massive **** move.
No it doesn't, it's 30 per pass, only 60 if you're buying the DLC for Sword AND Shield

SKX31

Smash Master
Coulda sworn one part of the Direct repeated itself at one point and that was confusing AF. Either that or my stream might have lagged.

The best part of the Direct was the first two minutes anyways so yeah lol.
Yup, it looped.

That Direct felt kinda weird. Thought they would have 4-5 games to show (I fully admit to missing the mark there). That said the Sw / Sh Expansion Passes are pretty neat ideas. I like what they aim to do with the regions and questlines. My only issue is that now certain Pokemon will have an additional $30 to them at first - but they'll filter through to vanilla Sw / Sh users, so it isn't a huge issue.

Also, forget Beck and Call, Mustard is now the stupidest name I've ever seen in gaming.
You have to agree though that Kubfu is a so bad it's awesome name. :4pacman:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
No it doesn't, it's 30 per pass, only 60 if you're buying the DLC for Sword AND Shield
Oh damn, that's way better and a lot more reasonable. They honestly could've done a better job at explaining that though, as I'm seeing a lot of people with the same reaction. It really sounded like the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra were $30 each.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If the two DLC packs are just as big as the base game then I see no downside to it. If not though I'm gonna steer clear of it.
You have to agree though that Kubfu is a so bad it's awesome name. :4pacman:
It's a heck of a lot better than "ice cube" without the 'b' that's for sure.

It's too bad I can't get those Gigantamax Pokémon since I don't have friends or Nintendo Online. At least I can get me a lemon headed Slowpoke! lol I wonder what interesting things he can do...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Imagine this.

In February as we wait for an Nintendo Direct and FP5 Sakurai makes this announcement.

"Due to technical difficulties and problems occurring at Nintendo. The Nintendo Direct as we know has been delayed until further notice. This is why it has been this long to announce this".

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh damn, that's way better and a lot more reasonable. They honestly could've done a better job at explaining that though, as I'm seeing a lot of people with the same reaction. It really sounded like the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra were $30 each.
Yeah the direct clearly had some ****ery with the wording and the choppy cuts and loops certainly got at least 1 person fired that day

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Are you talking the yellow rabbit creature?
That's Carbuncle, Arle's familiar.
Yes.

Imagine this.

In February as we wait for an Nintendo Direct and FP5 Sakurai makes this announcement.

"Due to technical difficulties and problems occurring at Nintendo. The Nintendo Direct as we know has been delayed until further notice. This is why it has been this long to announce this".
I'd rather not.

Yeah the direct clearly had some ****ery with the wording and the choppy cuts and loops certainly got at least 1 person fired that day
You sure? I didn't find any prob-"Thanks for Watching!"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Imagine this.

I'd be more concerned with what's happening behind the scenes as Nintendo never had that issue before

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's too bad I can't get those Gigantamax Pokémon since I don't have friends or Nintendo Online. At least I can get me a lemon headed Slowpoke! lol I wonder what interesting things he can do...
I just hope that when those new gigantamax Starters get added, you'll be able to upgrade your starter and won't have to catch a new one.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd be more concerned with what's happening behind the scenes as Nintendo never had that issue before
Yeah I admit I that might had been a bit tasteless for that kind of humor I apologize. Should had thought it through and took the time with this post.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

I mean, this is the first time they've offered the "third version" as DLC and together it seems to cost $90 whereas say Sun and Ultra Sun would have cost $80, so it's not a massive increase. I mean, what price did you really expect with two seemingly major expansions that seem to be taking their major cues from the Wild Area and adding a ton of Pokemon?

Seems like a great way to handle things to me, even if it's a little clear that Pokemon Sword and Shield got released a little too soon and they've been working on this content for a while...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean, this is the first time they've offered the "third version" as DLC and together it seems to cost $90 whereas say Sun and Ultra Sun would have cost $80, so it's not a massive increase. I mean, what price did you really expect with two seemingly major expansions that seem to be taking their major cues from the Wild Area and adding a ton of Pokemon?

Seems like a great way to handle things to me, even if it's a little clear that Pokemon Sword and Shield got released a little too soon and they've been working on this content for a while...
1: Had they kept the same practises it'd be 120 bucks total instead of 90
2: I already told him lmao

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How to tell when someone is waaay too impatient over video games 101
Its not that I'm impatient. Honestly I really don't care who FP5 is at this point. Everyone along with myself just wants FP5 to be over already since we've pretty much exhausted all discussion over it.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
"Hey, I unplugged this computer to charge my phone, no one was using that, right?"
I'd give whoever did that a stern talking to regardless if it caused problems. Never unplug a computer while it's on.

I just hope that when those new gigantamax Starters get added, you'll be able to upgrade your starter and won't have to catch a new one.
Oh yeah. It would suck if they had you ditch your partner throughout the entire game "because this one's inherently better".

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Its not that I'm impatient. Honestly I really don't care who FP5 is at this point. Everyone along with myself just wants FP5 to be over already since we've pretty much exhausted all discussion over it.
You are impatient. You talk about it constantly, either here or on another thread. We JUST got a ****ton of Pokemon info, which is currently the topic yet instead of discussing that or "What if that one they showed got in Smash" you chose to go do the same **** once again

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You are impatient. You talk about it constantly, either here or on another thread. We JUST got a ****ton of Pokemon info, which is currently the topic yet instead of discussing that or "What if that one they showed got in Smash" you chose to go do the same **** once again
I'm not into Pokemon though that's why I'm not discussing it.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Well...to be fair all this Pokémon talk is off topic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But SMASSH! Puppy is right why are you guys talking about Pokemon in the Newcomer speculation thread? Shouldn't this be discussed in the Social thread?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm not into Pokemon though that's why I'm not discussing it.
Doesn't change how it once again is an example of you pining daily because you're impatient
Well...to be fair all this Pokémon talk is off topic.
Again, it can be discussed for Smash. I can guarantee people are already writing up support threads for the new mons shown

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This meme and joke has run its course.
Hey kettle, the pot called, he said you're black
Because Baboom win
Baboom even has a better final smash now
But SMASSH! Puppy is right why are you guys talking about Pokemon in the Newcomer speculation thread? Shouldn't this be discussed in the Social thread?
Because we can talk about potential newcomers here. These fancy ass new Pokemon are new. And what if one was in?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
She literally mentioned talking about some of the new stuff as a potential newcomer but okay
Ah. The wording threw me off a bit. Though most of what we were talking about solely pertained to the Pokémon expansion packs I'm not technically wrong.

Again, it can be discussed for Smash. I can guarantee people are already writing up support threads for the new mons shown
Oh of course. Though I doubt there's much to talk about on that front since we haven't seen any of these characters in action.

This meme and joke has run its course.
It had a course? lol

I like Rillaboom as much as the next guy (probably more since people seem to prefer Cinderace and Intelleon) but I never understood the meme.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But yes Cutie Gwen I admit I am at this point impatient but it isn't just because I want to know who FP5 is at this point but its also because everyone else including myself have nothing else to discuss about it and want to get to post-Pass DLC.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But yes Cutie Gwen I admit I am at this point impatient but it isn't just because I want to know who FP5 is at this point but its also because everyone else including myself have nothing else to discuss about it and want to get to post-Pass DLC.
We're currently discussing Pokemon and how it could be related to Smash. Also directly quote me instead of pretending that maybe you'll be ignored if you stop quoting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom