• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
When will fans learn to actually be appreciative they got anything at all and stop complaining about everything?
Yeah because look at how great the Assist Trophy status has done for many series.
Golden Sun Dark Dawn sold like crap and is dead.
Starfy for DS sold like crap and is dead.
Sin & Punishment for the Wii sold terribly and is dead.
Advance War is dead.
Drill Dozer is dead.
Custom Robo is dead.

Not everything in Smash Bros need to be appreciated, and it's okay to call it out for being bad. Because if just being represented is soooooooo great why should Sakurai even bother making more fighters when he could just save so much time just giving out PNGs of other series?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah because look at how great the Assist Trophy status has done for many series.
Advance War is dead.
Drill Dozer is dead.
Custom Robo is dead.

Not everything in Smash Bros need to be appreciated, and it's okay to call it out for being bad. Because if just being represented is soooooooo great why should Sakurai even bother making more fighters when he could just save so much time just giving out PNGs of other series?
correlation doesn't equal causation

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wish ATs wouldn't be off the table for DLC fighters myself, but Dark Dawn had more going for it failing than Isaac not being a fighter.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Yeah. I rather have nothing than this garbage. Hell, it would be so much better not being in at all because that would mean he wouldn't have been the butt of the joke for Piranha Plant for a good couple of months and would have support instead of being dead in water. Assist Trophies are already the kiss of death for many series, so I'm good with nothing.
That's not what would happen. What would happen is that people would take their absences as irrefutable proof that those series are obviously in the DLC line-up, and so people would just never shut up about it. And then when it's revealed that those series were simply overlooked (or perhaps, left out because "not being a fighter" was too big a disappointment), those fans get laughed at for being more obscure than Tomato Adventure and other lost games that get at least a single Spirit.

Advance War is dead.
Drill Dozer is dead.
Custom Robo is dead.

Oh boo hoo. Imagine what it's like being a lost/forgotten/aged/finished game with zero Nintendo affiliation, then multiply that by a hundred thousand. That's the rest of the game industry, something not every Nintendo franchise necessarily has a leg up over. EDIT: Which is to say, games like Golden Sun and Custom Robo don't necessarily deserve extra flowers at their memorials just because they had a chance to be picked up by Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When will fans learn to actually be appreciative they got anything at all and stop complaining about everything?
Same way people want more pizza when they got what they ordered. It's the community's mentality. Even I am guilty of this.

Though to me this is often more on community desire per se. It's better if you get to play around with the character rather than just the AI doing the dirty work.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I like how people disregard how Sakurai views ATs as just as valuable as any other part of the game and only includes them as a way of trying to make people happy. Like geeze, some people act like Sakurai personally came to their home and slapped them. This fanbase has a huge case of entitlement.

Some of y'all take this stuff too seriously. It's a video game.
Yes, because everybody needs to have the SAME OPINION as Sakurai and the developers. You're not allowed to feel different about it. SAKURIA LOVED THE ASSIST SO YOU SHOULD TOO! There's no room people having different interpretations. If Sakurai views Assist Trophies as being really valuable then you disagreeing with him is wrong. Don't you know that good intention always plays out like suppose to? Little know fact, good intentions never get interpreted in different ways.

Hell why were people complaining about EA's Lootboxes in Battlefront 2? They wanted to give people a sense of pride for their players. That's how they viewed, they said so themselves, so everyone was wrong in bashing them for that comment.

If a developer does any sort of decision we should all bend over backwards and have our opinion align our opinions with them because THAT'S WHAT GOOD LITTLE FANS DO!!!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Advance War is dead.
Drill Dozer is dead.
Custom Robo is dead.

Probably because it would quite literally be impossible to add what everyone wants. Also, bold to assume that adding those characters into Smash would've magically made them all super popular juggernaut franchises. Speaking as a Custom Robot fan, they probably are dead because it turns out, not everything makes it to the big time and gets annual installments with big internet fanbases.

It's a consolation. An acknowledgedment that Sakurai views these franchises as important enough and interesting enough to him to get anything at all. Also, very bold to assume everyone's thinks ATs are bad: I for one am happy franchises like CR and Starry even get recognized that they existed.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m also happy Yuri Kozukata from Fatal Frame is an Assist Trophy - cause I know making a playable move set for her would be difficult and I’m just content to see Fatal Frame represented period

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
When will Sakurai learn that people only like seeing their characters as fighters and not as garbage like Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes or Spirits?
Advance War is dead.
Drill Dozer is dead.
Custom Robo is dead.

I am very glad people with this attitude aren't the ones making this game.

You can speak for yourself and use whatever hyperbole you want, but I assure you that tons of people appreciate their favorites in any capacity. Just because you don't appreciate the work put into things because of a handful of exclusions doesn't mean "everyone views them as wastes/garbage." People play with assist trophies/Pokeballs, stages that have cameos, use their favorite spirit as their online profile pic, and unironically like playing as/main Mii Fighters while they can use their favorite costumes. Yeah, they might wish circumstances were different, but any small step/at least getting acknowledged is a step to more in the future.

You're not woke just for being ungrateful/a contrarian, and encouraging others to do the same.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I wish ATs wouldn't be off the table for DLC fighters myself, but Dark Dawn had more going for it failing than Isaac not being a fighter.
In these situations, I'm forever thankful that Captain Falcon is part of the original 12. Still doesn't help that F-Zero is still dead but at least it is not forgotten.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In these situations, I'm forever thankful that Captain Falcon is part of the original 12. Still doesn't help that F-Zero is still dead but at least it is not forgotten.
Given the revivals of:ultkrool:and:ultbanjokazooie:with the latter possibility getting a new game whose to say F-Zero will eventually. I recall there's quite an demand for a new game.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Same can be said for Ness. Even though Earthbound is technically finished, not dead. Thanks to Smash’s promotion, EB is remembered and even had VC releases for EB and Beginnings.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Probably because it would quite literally be impossible to add what everyone wants. Also, bold to assume that adding those characters into Smash would've magically made them all super popular juggernaut franchises. Speaking ass a Custom Robot fan, they probably are dead because it turns out, not everything makes it to the big time and gets annual installments with big internet fanbases.

It's a consolation. An acknowledgedment that Sakurai views these franchises as important enough and interesting enough to him to get anything at all. Also, very bold to assume everyone's thinks ATs are bad: I for one azm happy franchises like CR and Starry even get recognized that they existed.
"Sakurai views" WHO CARES!!!! Why is it that Smash Bros is the only series where if the creator says anything you need to change your opinion and align it with his views?

Miyamoto thought it would be great if the Paper Mario series just doesn't have unique characters anymore when it comes to Sticker Star and Color Splash. So... that means it is great. If Miyamoto thought that was a good decision and then it.

Capcom thought the DmC reboot is exactly what the series needed and their version of Dante is good. So because they thought that that means that it was the best direction to take the series in and everyone was wrong for disagreeing.

Sakurai thought that tripping would add excitement to the Smash Bros Brawl gameplay. How dare people disagree with him on that statement. WHAT HE THINKS IS LAW AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE THINKS!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Same can be said for Ness. Even though Earthbound is technically finished, not dead. Thanks to Smash’s promotion, EB is remembered and even had VC releases for EB and Beginnings.
They maybe finished it but whose to say they can't be remastered. I'm sure that's what those fans would at least want.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Yes, because everybody needs to have the SAME OPINION as Sakurai and the developers. You're not allowed to feel different about it. SAKURIA LOVED THE ASSIST SO YOU SHOULD TOO! There's no room people having different interpretations. If Sakurai views Assist Trophies as being really valuable then you disagreeing with him is wrong. Don't you know that good intention always plays out like suppose to? Little know fact, good intentions never get interpreted in different ways.

Hell why were people complaining about EA's Lootboxes in Battlefront 2? They wanted to give people a sense of pride for their players. That's how they viewed, they said so themselves, so everyone was wrong in bashing them for that comment.

If a developer does any sort of decision we should all bend over backwards and have our opinion align our opinions with them because THAT'S WHAT GOOD LITTLE FANS DO!!!
Ah, the classic "Everyone who disagrees with me is a fool" argument. Because only dissidents get to disagree, right?

No one's telling you to be thankful for everything, they're telling you to stop taking every decision you disagree with as a personal insult. Sakurai doesn't make ATs or Spirits to spite people, and the only way a person could actually feel spited by such things is if they convinced themselves that those characters were going to be playable - especially when it's long-documented that no one is ever promised a spot before the reveal trailer drops.

Smash isn't yours or anyone else's, except for Nintendo's, and treating it like an internet popularity contest is a one-way ticket to disappointment. If you're not going to temper your expectations, or try to empathize with the effort that goes into making a fighter, then it's not going to be anyone else's fault.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
"Sakurai views" WHO CARES!!!! Why is it that Smash Bros is the only series where if the creator says anything you need to change your opinion and align it with his views?

Miyamoto thought it would be great if the Paper Mario series just doesn't have unique characters anymore when it comes to Sticker Star and Color Splash. So... that means it is great. If Miyamoto thought that was a good decision and then it.

Capcom thought the DmC reboot is exactly what the series needed and their version of Dante is good. So because they thought that that means that it was the best direction to take the series in and everyone was wrong for disagreeing.

Sakurai thought that tripping would add excitement to the Smash Bros Brawl gameplay. How dare people disagree with him on that statement. WHAT HE THINKS IS LAW AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE THINKS!
Not at all what I said but alright.

You really get worked up about this. Maybe you should take a break and cool off? Getting this worked up, especially over a silly video game, isn't good for you. Trust me, I've been there.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I am very glad people with this attitude aren't the ones making this game.

You can speak for yourself and use whatever hyperbole you want, but I assure you that tons of people appreciate their favorites in any capacity. Just because you don't appreciate the work put into things because of a handful of exclusions doesn't mean "everyone views them as wastes/garbage." People play with assist trophies/Pokeballs, stages that have cameos, use their favorite spirit as their online profile pic, and unironically like playing as/main Mii Fighters while they can use their favorite costumes. Yeah, they might wish circumstances were different, but any small step/at least getting acknowledged is a step to more in the future.

You're not woke just for being ungrateful/a contrarian, and encouraging others to do the same.
Step to more in the future? What future? Have seen these Assist Trophy characters? Have you seen that only three of them ever got upgraded, and two of them were basically clones? Have seen how many of these series are just dead? Have you seen that there is no more support for many of these characters?

Guess what, a lot people do what you say and a lot of people don't. Like a lot of people. But I guess those people don't matter.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Given the revivals of:ultkrool:and:ultbanjokazooie:with the latter possibility getting a new game whose to say F-Zero will eventually. I recall there's quite an demand for a new gmae.
I'm more than happy that Banjo & Kazooie are playable in Smash Bros. If this is their final official appearance in video games then I'll take it. That way they can spend their final days exploring other worlds and beating up their friends and characters you'd never imagine them fighting against.

Not sure about that Facebook group about Musicians working on an upcoming Banjo & Kazooie game though.

Oh yeah, Ness and Lucas as well. I just mentioned Captain Falcon because I'm more of a fan of that series. We could probably add Wii Fit Trainer to this list as well and that's the last series I expected to enter limbo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Step to more in the future? What future? Have seen these Assist Trophy characters? Have you seen that only three of them ever got upgraded, and two of them were basically clones? Have seen how many of these series are just dead? Have you seen that there is no more support for many of these characters?

Guess what, a lot people do what you say and a lot of people don't. Like a lot of people. But I guess those people don't matter.
The dead franchises aren't dead because of Smash, they're dead because Nintendo are absolute morons

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

Only no.....and I think you are taking this too personally. No one is saying "agree with everything that Sakurai does". I don't think anyone has ever said that and plenty of people disagree with plenty of Sakurai's choices throughout the Smash series. However, it is subjective, not objective (except maybe tripping). The only one who seems to think this is you and it's making you look quite frankly, ridiculous. Not everything in the world can make it into a game because of lack of resources and budget. You make do with what you have.

If being Assist Trophy is a death sentence for representation, then damn I can only imagine them not being in the game at all would do. Some franchises in the industry would love simply to be Spirits in a game like Smash and they'd give an arm and a leg to be simply a Spirit because then they can say "I'm in Smash!". Being in Smash for any franchise at this point is like a badge of honor even in the most minuscule way. You just come off as someone who wants everything his way and honestly a bit manipulative by saying "I guess these people don't matter, right". The dead franchises ain't Sakurai's fault, if anything those franchises being in Smash in any way gives them some kind of relevancy.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Ah, the classic "Everyone who disagrees with me is a fool" argument. Because only dissidents get to disagree, right?
Really? Because I got comments telling me that I should appreciate it because Sakurai viewed them as a good thing.

No one's telling you to be thankful for everything, they're telling you to stop taking every decision you disagree with as a personal insult. Sakurai doesn't make ATs or Spirits to spite people, and the only way a person could actually feel spited by such things is if they convinced themselves that those characters were going to be playable - especially when it's long-documented that no one is ever promised a spot before the reveal trailer drops.
Wha-what was that? What kind of logic is that? What, it's people fault for being disappointed that their character is an Assist Trophy because they had hope that they playable this time around? Cool. You know what, you're right. It's everyone's fault. People got to stop hoping for their characters to get. People just got to stop having investment so stop being disappointed when their character gets turn into an Assist Trophy or Mii Costume.

Smash isn't yours or anyone else's, except for Nintendo's, and treating it like an internet popularity contest is a one-way ticket to disappointment. If you're not going to temper your expectations, or try to empathize with the effort that goes into making a fighter, then it's not going to be anyone else's fault.
Also you're right. Smash Bros isn't a popularity contest. It's not like Nintendo ever had some kind of online activity that asked for people what favorite character wanted to see. It's not as if they made a BALLOT and asked people to submit their characters and why they think they would be good additions to Smash Bros.

The dead franchises aren't dead because of Smash, they're dead because Nintendo are absolute morons
And guess what, Smash Bros actually help franchise sell better. Look at Fire Emblem, look at Dragon Quest, look at how Persona 5 got a huge sell boost on Amazon after Joker was announced at the VGA. Having your character be playable helps promote the series. Hell, Banjo is back on the map with Smash Bros inclusion since he got trending and become more recognizable to majority of people.

I'm not saying Assist Trophies are the full reason why these series are dead, but Assist Trophies do nothing to promote a series when compare to playable characters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Really? Because I got comments telling me that I should appreciate it because Sakurai viewed them as a good thing.

Wha-what was that? What kind of logic is that? What, it's people fault for being disappointed that their character is an Assist Trophy because they had hope that they playable this time around? Cool. You know what, you're right. It's everyone's fault. People got to stop hoping for their characters to get. People just got to stop having investment so stop being disappointed when their character gets turn into an Assist Trophy or Mii Costume.

Also you're right. Smash Bros isn't a popularity contest. It's not like Nintendo ever had some kind of online activity that asked for people what favorite character wanted to see. It's not as if they made a BALLOT and asked people to submit their characters and why they think they would be good additions to Smash Bros.
We've gotten plenty of characters from that ballot the **** do you mean? Counting veterans and newcomers who were suggested to be ballot related, we have :ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ulthero::ultisabelle::ultpichu::ultivysaur::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultsnake::ultwolf:

There's also how the ballot was 5 years ago, a lot of opinions can change, more games can have come out, the demograph for the ballot may have played games they hadn't prior to the point their requests change drastically

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If Smash actually helped franchises then F-Zero, Kid Icarus and Star Fox would actually see a steady stream of new games.
Instead F-Zero is dead, Kid Icarus has the one title that Sakurai had to make himself and Star Fox keeps on rehashing the same ****ing story.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
So it has been weeks since I last posted and stopped by.

Any significant legit hints on who the next fighter is?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If Smash actually helped franchises then F-Zero, Kid Icarus and Star Fox would actually see a steady stream of new games.
Instead F-Zero is dead, Kid Icarus has the one title that Sakurai had to make himself and Star Fox keeps on rehashing the same ****ing story.
That Kid Icarus game? Was even meant to be Star Fox at first too, right?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Not at all what I said but alright.

You really get worked up about this. Maybe you should take a break and cool off? Getting this worked up, especially over a silly video game, isn't good for you. Trust me, I've been there.
No, that's literally what you have been saying. You've been using Sakurai's words and his view to defend these Assist Trophies and saying that I should appreciate them because Sakurai viewed them this way.

You said "An acknowledgedment that Sakurai views these franchises as important enough and interesting enough to him to get anything at all"
and "I like how people disregard how Sakurai views ATs as just as valuable as any other part of the game and only includes them as a way of trying to make people happy"
You're using Sakurai's viewpoints and intention to say that it's wrong to not be happy with Assist Trophies because of what he originally thought of it. That we should appreciate their inclusion because Sakurai put in the work to make people happy. Is Sakurai's word law? Are we wrong to disagree to say that his intentions didn't go exactly as he originally hope? Should we change how we view Assist Trophies because of how Sakurai views them?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
On the other side, Xenoblade did become popular & got sequels thanks to Shulk getting in Smash 4.

That, and Uprising was made because of Pit inclusion in Brawl. (Because of Sakurai, yes, but still, Brawl reviving the character helped alot in that, Nintendo probably wouldn't have approve a new game for a franchise that was dead since the Gameboy)

So Smash can help franchise get back on the track....the thing is, there need to be devs to be interested working on them, and/or Nintendo giving the thumb up, and if they don't, welp, the point been made already.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
On the other side, Xenoblade did become popular & got sequels thanks to Shulk getting in Smash 4.

That, and Uprising was made because of Pit inclusion in Brawl. (Because of Sakurai, yes, but still, Brawl reviving the character helped alot in that, Nintendo probably wouldn't have approve a new game for a franchise that was dead since the Gameboy)

So Smash can help franchise get back on the track....the thing is, there need to be devs to be interested working on them, and/or Nintendo giving the thumb up, and if they don't, welp, the point been made already.
Has everybody just forgotten the huge campaign to get the first Xenoblade game brought to America to begin with?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Kid Icarus Uprising sold super well, it was the 10th best selling game on the 3DS at the time of it's release.
Captain Falcon has made a huge impact on meme culture where even the anime reference the Falcon Punch because of Smash Bros.
Star Fox Zero was on the Wii U and had motion control tied to it, so there wasn't anything saving that game. But it was acknowledgement that there was a demand for Star Fox, so much so they included him in Starlink.

That's much more I can say for any of the Assist Trophy characters and series.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Assist Trophies kill franchises huh?

Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Brain Age just came out with a brand new release?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Has everybody just forgotten the huge campaign to get the first Xenoblade game brought to America to begin with?
The game was still pretty obscure even with said campaign (thanks to how badly it was released, yes, but still). I was here in the Smash 4 Speculation Era, and you can't tell me everyone was like "WOOOW, Shulk from Xenoblade!!", it was more like: "Shulk? From Xenoblade? You mean Little Mac?".

Flyboy

Smash Hero
We've gotten plenty of characters from that ballot the **** do you mean? Counting veterans and newcomers who were suggested to be ballot related, we have :ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ulthero::ultisabelle::ultpichu::ultivysaur::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultsnake::ultwolf:

There's also how the ballot was 5 years ago, a lot of opinions can change, more games can have come out, the demograph for the ballot may have played games they hadn't prior to the point their requests change drastically
Don't forget :ultsimon: - A franchise that was given the red carpet treatment due to its importance in gaming & to Nintendo and its strong showing in the ballot.

Anyway, maybe I'm not the best person to talk because I was and still am absolutely over-the-moon that Akari and Ryota Hayami, Kyle Hyde, Ashley Robbins, and the Elite Beat Agents all got spirits and Chibi-Robo got a costume. At the same time, I'm a little sad Elma didn't get in the game and while I don't mind that she has a spirit I do wish we got a costume and music for her. She'd be a fun Mii Gunner.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Xenoblade became popular because fans wanted it to come West and Nintendo actually listened, Smash didn't do much in that regard.

Yeah, but where's the subsequent games? Kid Icarus is back in the spotlight and Nintendo have done nothing with it since Uprising, it's been nearly 8 years...

17 more to go

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Kid Icarus Uprising sold super well, it was the 10th best selling game on the 3DS at the time of it's release.
Captain Falcon has made a huge impact on meme culture where even the anime reference the Falcon Punch because of Smash Bros.
Star Fox Zero was on the Wii U and had motion control tied to it, so there wasn't anything saving that game. But it was acknowledgement that there was a demand for Star Fox, so much so they included him in Starlink.

That's much more I can say for any of the Assist Trophy characters and series.
So Kid Icarus' problem is Nintendo being dumbasses and choosing not to bring it back after success
So F Zero's problem is Nintendo not willing to use Captain Falcon outside of Smash
So Star Fox's problem is Nintendo refusing to just make a regular Star Fox game like the entire fandom has asked to

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Assist Trophies will always be hated because people tend to assume that those characters were on Sakurai's radar and he refused them. Do Assist Trophies deserve all the hate? Not really, and you'd think fans would be flattered that their character was given more than just a measly jpeg Spirit. Sadly, I've seen many claim that they'd be happier with just a Spirit than an AT, as if that somehow lessens the sting.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Xenoblade became popular because fans wanted it to come West and Nintendo actually listened, Smash didn't do much in that regard.

Yeah, but where's the subsequent games? Kid Icarus is back in the spotlight and Nintendo have done nothing with it since Uprising, it's been nearly 8 years...

17 more to go
What about the rerelase of Xenoblade 1 on New 3DS & Wii U after/before the Shulk reveal? That must have work well enough for Xenoblade X to be made.

Also, the studio that made Uprising as been close down for a long time now, and since peoples want Mashpotato Samurai to work on Smash and Smash only. The chance of getting a sequel to Uprising are slime to say the least.

Also, didn't Xenoblade 1 got a bad release in America or somethin'? I am mixing things or not? Genuine question here.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Who the crap voted for Dark Samus for the Fighter Ballot? Was Dark Samus this extremely high requested character that nobody ever mentioned? Also don't kid yourself saying Cloud was put in because of the Ballot. We have good documentation that they for the final character they looked at the ballot after two weeks to select the character. It takes a long time to negotiate rights for characters so Cloud was most likely planned before they even announce the ballot.

But that comment of the ballot I said wasn't in a reference to what characters got in. More in a response how they were saying that Smash Bros isn't suppose to be viewed as a popularity contest and how when Nintendo themselves literally hold a popularity contest by having a ballot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Who the crap voted for Dark Samus for the Fighter Ballot? Was Dark Samus this extremely high requested character that nobody ever mentioned? Also don't kid yourself saying Cloud was put in because of the Ballot. We have good documentation that they for the final character they looked at the ballot after two weeks to select the character. It takes a long time to negotiate rights for characters so Cloud was most likely planned before they even announce the ballot.

But that comment of the ballot I said wasn't in a reference to what characters got in. More in a response how they were saying that Smash Bros isn't suppose to be viewed as a popularity contest and how when Nintendo themselves literally hold a popularity contest by having a ballot.
Sakurai literally said Dark Samus was highly requested in the west.

The support was definitely there online, too. Metroid fans who assumed Ridley could never happen mostly went to Dark Samus as their second option if Ridley was their first.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What about the rerelase of Xenoblade 1 on New 3DS & Wii U after/before the Shulk reveal? That must have work well enough for Xenoblade X to be made.
That's not how game development works.

Also, the studio that made Uprising as been close down, and since peoples want Mashpotato Samurai to work on Smash and Smash only. The chance of getting a sequel to Uprising are slime to say the least for now at least.
Then get literally anyone else, they don't need Sakurai to make Kid Icarus.

Also, didn't Xenoblade 1 got a bad release in America or somethin'? I am mixing things or not? Genuine question here.
No, it did rather well. The other Rainfall titles didn't do well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom